AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-10-02, 06:27   Link #41
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropox View Post
Spoiler for Liu Family:
how many more chaps to go from the tl'ed ones?
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 06:37   Link #42
dragon1412

The fight end in around chap 105 to 108
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 06:57   Link #43
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Look like nobody in Northern will able to defeat the Mc
Surely the other lord dont dare to mess with him........

Asking how many girl is chasing after Mc??
I can see there is 3 girl + the 1 Luo Li now
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 10:47   Link #44
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJY View Post
Look like nobody in Northern will able to defeat the Mc
Surely the other lord dont dare to mess with him........

Asking how many girl is chasing after Mc??
I can see there is 3 girl + the 1 Luo Li now
funny i only see 2 girls( Tang Qian’Er ,Hong Ling) + Luo Li. who else is there?
Old 2015-10-02, 11:41   Link #45
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Lei Yin the Nine Dragon city daughter A Spiritual Array Master that learn herself
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 20:47   Link #46
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJY View Post
Lei Yin the Nine Dragon city daughter A Spiritual Array Master that learn herself
Nope, i doubt she even have any feelings toward MC in the 1st place.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 23:36   Link #47
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropox View Post
Spoiler for Liu Family:
No...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
funny i only see 2 girls( Tang Qian’Er ,Hong Ling) + Luo Li. who else is there?
I think Hong Ling only tries to get close to MC in manhua, iirc in novel she never really does so and instead only sometimes regret estranging him after seeing how he became strong.

i think almost every arc theres girls admiring or interested in him, but so far probably only Qian Er is the one that actually chase after him. (Luo Li is already girlfriend).
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 14:46   Link #48
solgera

Guys, what is that spiritual pulse thing ? i cant found that in the wiki. A spiritual art, spritual rank or spiritual array type ?
Old 2015-10-17, 01:37   Link #49
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post
Spoiler for characters:
well who is cai Ling ?
because what i know from BTTh wiki th mc marry Xun er and medusa

and out of topic
what chp that xiao yan marry with medusa?
and where i can read the BTTh raw someone please Pm me the link because i cant open the previous raw link

soryy bad english

Last edited by devilo96; 2015-10-17 at 03:12.
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 01:13   Link #50
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This is definitely a great series. Can't wait for more releases by Solitary Trans on Wuxiaworld...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 07:16   Link #51
Mahesvara

Quote:
I think Hong Ling only tries to get close to MC in manhua, iirc in novel she never really does so and instead only sometimes regret estranging him after seeing how he became strong.
So there is a manhua for this. Can you give a link? I tried to google Chinese title of novel but only novel sites showing up.
Thanks.
Mahesvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 11:26   Link #52
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
well who is cai Ling ?
because what i know from BTTh wiki th mc marry Xun er and medusa

and out of topic
what chp that xiao yan marry with medusa?
and where i can read the BTTh raw someone please Pm me the link because i cant open the previous raw link

soryy bad english
Spoiler for Cai Ling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This is definitely a great series. Can't wait for more releases by Solitary Trans on Wuxiaworld...
idk, somehow it gets a bit boring compared to the previous works. Not much serious plots really happened after mc leaves his academy. it has been around 1k chapters but it is mostly just endless loops of training, competing for the qualification rights of certain rank or access to special dungeons/dimension, competing with peers within the place, repeat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesvara View Post
So there is a manhua for this. Can you give a link? I tried to google Chinese title of novel but only novel sites showing up.
Thanks.
i mostly go seemh for chinese raw manhuas
Old 2015-10-18, 14:40   Link #53
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
idk, somehow it gets a bit boring compared to the previous works. Not much serious plots really happened after mc leaves his academy. it has been around 1k chapters but it is mostly just endless loops of training, competing for the qualification rights of certain rank or access to special dungeons/dimension, competing with peers within the place, repeat...
Lol, that doesn't sound boring. I mean... Xianxia is basically just that anyway. At least when THAT is the plot, I know that it is hard for it to go wrong and be messed up.

So I'm not worrying about the consistency.

Also, is there any romance in this... or rather are any females going to be accompanying him or not? I don't really "need"/ "want" romance, but rather it would at least be nice if he wasn't alone the whole time while training and blah. I suppose it doesn't matter too much, but I'd still prefer it more if said female were to exist somewhere...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2015-10-18, 15:08   Link #54
elroid

Quote:
Lol, that doesn't sound boring. I mean... Xianxia is basically just that anyway. At least when THAT is the plot, I know that it is hard for it to go wrong and be messed up.

So I'm not worrying about the consistency.

Also, is there any romance in this... or rather are any females going to be accompanying him or not? I don't really "need"/ "want" romance, but rather it would at least be nice if he wasn't alone the whole time while training and blah. I suppose it doesn't matter too much, but I'd still prefer it more if said female were to exist somewhere...
The problem may be due to there wasn't any dedicated antagonist that was more directly related to the mc (for example soul sect in BTTH or spirit hall in CC) overall it is always just some typical arrogant talented ppl that looks down on him because their rank were abit higher than him and then get their face smacked. But thats just all there is for them, they are mostly just obstacle that blocks him from getting resource to powerup or practice targets to test how strong mc just became after powerup. There's just no enemies with that involves bigger plots...

There's romance and he has a girlfriend before the story even started. The moments they had together are pretty fun but some time later they were separated. After they separated things and plot just moves very slow with reasons stated previously. For now she is the one and only girl that has romantic relationship with him. Aside from that there's always many girls that are either falling in love or very impressed/interested in him because of his personality and strength...?
Old 2015-10-18, 16:13   Link #55
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
The problem may be due to there wasn't any dedicated antagonist that was more directly related to the mc (for example soul sect in BTTH or spirit hall in CC) overall it is always just some typical arrogant talented ppl that looks down on him because their rank were abit higher than him and then get their face smacked. But thats just all there is for them, they are mostly just obstacle that blocks him from getting resource to powerup or practice targets to test how strong mc just became after powerup. There's just no enemies with that involves bigger plots...

There's romance and he has a girlfriend before the story even started. The moments they had together are pretty fun but some time later they were separated. After they separated things and plot just moves very slow with reasons stated previously. For now she is the one and only girl that has romantic relationship with him. Aside from that there's always many girls that are either falling in love or very impressed/interested in him because of his personality and strength...?
Well, Luo Li is from the West Border, and the Emperor of Hundred Battles is there, he's also the enemy of Luo Li's clan and seems to want Luo Li. Well, that's certainly one big bad to beat. The guy is in th synopsis.

Also, there's some connection to WDQK's final big bad who is the Extraterritorial Demon Emperor to this sequel. The Demon Emperor's clan in WDQK is simply one of the many clans of extraterritorial demon race, possibly a weak one since they reside in the lower world. It's said that the extraterritorial demon race used to be at war against the rest of the world before and lost, however most ancient force was wiped out and half of the Great Thousand Worlds occupied by them. There's also some foreshadowing conflicts between Mu Chen and them, they should be the final enemy imo.
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 16:34   Link #56
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

As long as girl characters appear and are relevant then I don't mind. I mean, I know that he's had a girl that has liked him. But I was just worried she wouldn't appear very much. It sounds like that isn't such a large worry, just a little bit.

I actually don't mind it when the main protagonist doesn't have any direct antagonists though. It's so cliche. Sometimes it's more fun for the MC to just get stronger without having to worry about beating X person or getting revenge for Y. I mean sure... he has some people he wants to defeat and all, but I like the fact that the story plot can stay more open than that.

The narrower the story, sometimes the more boring it gets.

Old 2015-10-18, 17:45   Link #57
Yoburi

Quote:
As long as girl characters appear and are relevant then I don't mind. I mean, I know that he's had a girl that has liked him. But I was just worried she wouldn't appear very much. It sounds like that isn't such a large worry, just a little bit.

I actually don't mind it when the main protagonist doesn't have any direct antagonists though. It's so cliche. Sometimes it's more fun for the MC to just get stronger without having to worry about beating X person or getting revenge for Y. I mean sure... he has some people he wants to defeat and all, but I like the fact that the story plot can stay more open than that.

A great antagonist makes a great pay off the bigger the challenge the greater the reward if the MC just keep beating the same small fry i won`t get any emotion reading about his filler fight lol.

This types of novels they should always make 3 cliches antagonists, first is a big church or cult probably one with the light on the name, second a very rich and powerfull clan that bullies everybody and are extremly arogant and third a evil god/sovereign that fuck with your soul.

If you have all 3 then you have a epic novel just check Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?, colling dragon, Tensei Shitara Slime datta ken, Arifureta and so many others they all have the 3 cliches and it works perfect.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 23:23   Link #58
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIKAN View Post
Well, Luo Li is from the West Border, and the Emperor of Hundred Battles is there, he's also the enemy of Luo Li's clan and seems to want Luo Li. Well, that's certainly one big bad to beat. The guy is in th synopsis.

Also, there's some connection to WDQK's final big bad who is the Extraterritorial Demon Emperor to this sequel. The Demon Emperor's clan in WDQK is simply one of the many clans of extraterritorial demon race, possibly a weak one since they reside in the lower world. It's said that the extraterritorial demon race used to be at war against the rest of the world before and lost, however most ancient force was wiped out and half of the Great Thousand Worlds occupied by them. There's also some foreshadowing conflicts between Mu Chen and them, they should be the final enemy imo.
yeah, i understand there's a few factions that would be the enemy in the future like the blood tribe, and maybe the other 2 tribe that is in war with Luo Li's family, or Mu Chen's mother family side, the Extraterritorial Demon, but they are still too indirectly related with Mu Chen for now...

Quote:

I dont mind them being cliche and tbh i enjoy seeing a mc doing so and always learning something new, but repeating training and leveling stories for around 400 chapters (still ongoing) without a bigger plot is probably my actual complain.

(that said, the latest arc Mu Chen will most likely meet Xiao Xiao again, so maybe this time he can finally relate with Xiao Yan and that would probably be my main interest for now)
Old 2015-10-19, 08:53   Link #59
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

(that said, the latest arc Mu Chen will most likely meet Xiao Xiao again, so maybe this time he can finally relate with Xiao Yan and that would probably be my main interest for now)
Okay lol.

Also, I want to point out that when I say I don't mind the lack of a major antagonist... I'm talking about the kind that doesn't get defeated from the start of the story until right before the very end. Sure, those stories can be fun, but they've been done... a lot.

Revenge themed stuff is just a darker version of that plot... and it's even okay if they have multiple smaller big bads that get defeated along the course of the story.

I'm just annoyed when that's everything the plot has to offer. Sometimes world building is even nicer than silly revenge or beating big bad plots. Romance... is also quite welcome.

All in all, I'm just unaware of exactly what you mean with the whole grinding... so I can't really evaluate whether it'd bore me or not. Either way, the plot is interesting enough that I suppose it won't matter to me either way.

We just got a chapter translated that finally allowed us to see Xiao Xiao appear for the first time in the translated story... (in the present... not in flashbacks which I don't count).

Old 2015-11-21, 12:43   Link #60
AKIKAN
Some Member

I read MTL until chapter 1038. Soon to catch up with the RAW.

Mu Chen is now my most favorite Xianxia protagonist, even more than Meng Hao from ISSTH.

The major villains are actually many considering Mu Chen's background and various foreshadowings, but the most important of all is definitely the extraterritorial evil clan (or demon, or devil, the letter used seem to be "Mo" which usually translated to "devil", instead of "Yao" which usuually translated into "demon", but in Ze Tian Ji, Mo is demon). The demon emperor from WDQK has tie to this clan. They were definitely built up to be the final big bad.

Mu Chen also has a habit of trashing others 1 level beyond his, as well as leading super strong 1 realm beyond his to their demise by some means (cleverness and luck).

I wonder if the protagonist or main casts from the author's first novel (the one before BTTH) will make cameo. He seems to be the super strong equally to Xiao Yan and Lin Dong. His domain seems to be called Sword Domain.

@dniv
I don't understand what you meant by the major villains not being defeated until the end of the series. Do you want Mu Chen to beat the big bad in 1/4 of the series and spend 2/3 of the series making children or hanging out with his harem members? I don't think the theme when the hero defeated the demon lord before the start of the series has been done before in xianxia, it's not light novel after all.
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
op mc, web novel