AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-09, 19:45   Link #481
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So this will start the basic "What you thought you know is wrong" set of Episodes?
Uhh, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't every episode of Umineko so far done just that?
Old 2009-07-09, 19:48   Link #482
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-chan View Post
Pic? D:

Also to all the Anti-Anges: .... Whaaaat?! She's like my favourite char.

The OP made my hair stand on end with excitement.
It's ok. You're not alone. I support Ange too, that's why I support: BattlerXAngeBeatrice/Gretel! as my fav. couple.

(2nd: JesKanon, 3rd: GeoSha)

But it looks like we won't see her ever again (unless in flashbacks) and possibly at end of Umineko.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 20:44   Link #483
jdlkem
teh_pwnzor

Let us analyze this OP (assuming it is not fake):

1. (white) building keeps appearing in the very beginning.
Hmm....could that be the mansion? or maybe even the chapel??? Maybe there's a reason why Kinzo forbade anyone from entering the chapel.

2. Island of light is enclosed in a fuzetsu (and a moon).
a. Island of light = rokkenjima (obviously)
b. fuzetsu = the murder/killing/rampage sequence
c. moon -> halloween -> maria? (this is quite stretching it)

3. (white) building appears behind maria, who is behind a (the) rose.
Uryuu

4. Happy kiddies
I think this is before the storm - aka everyone playing together

5. storm brewing behind (white but now black) building (maybe same building?)
Uryuu

6. Blue Eye of Blue Stabby Stabby Truth?
and how can Kinzo be in the intro if he's dead? and WHAT is that thing behind kinzo!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????!!!??!??!?oneoneoneorz

7. natsuhi (probably) in kinzo's study.
natsuhi meeting with kinzo? remember in ep 1, how kinzo is alive to us, the readers? well kinzo is dead due to the RED TRUTH. so, who is that booger? and doesnt that white thing to the left of natsuhi's face when the camera focuses close look like an umbrella (jk realized its the outline between the light coming from the door and natsuhi's hair)??? hmm...suspicious. btw i'm skipping the windows.

8. kay kay family lined up. then pictures of beato, beato: ver. mini-skirt, EVA-beatrice, VIRIGILIA???, and new loli, with closeup of unknown object/person/tree, and then closeup of hand in blood puddle, closeup of ripped chair, and closeup of something (maybe not a tree) to the left of teh loli's head.
why is virigilia the subject of a picture which we haven't seen yet? and what is that hand? I hope that's not my hand...and... there's like two black pillars behind the forked tree, and then something (white?) to the left of that... iono.

9. mansion of light being covered in darkness.
uryuu

10. unknown shadow in foreground, with beato and buddies in the back. then family zoom with loli at the end.

11. big-ass nee-sans and beato on chess board, ending with a battle of beato and battler (no pun intended) in progress.

12. loli? or virigilia? with azure blue TRUTH (represented by a blue lightsaber's aftershadow...or something)

13. UNKNOWN RED-CURLY-HAIRD PERSON THINGY GIRL OMG OMG ITS BATTLER +O!!! with a hand, and then some webs, and then a smile of someone's.
okay this is a potential plot twist here.

14. TIPS...with a white egg-like thing with a white curved line sticking out...dunno what to say here...

15. then a hallway or a room, with three silhouettes, one of them is definitely battler O->, but the other two i dunno.
ORZ BATTLER IS THE CULPRIT!!! jk

16. unknown pillar things from the loli's picture? they kinda look like fsn black sakura.
uryuu

17. battler rejecting beato in a yellow flower garden. pwned.

18. lamb x bern, both with red (lightsabers of) truth. then unknown blonde (yellow)...young bern some time after she was born from a test tube?

19. is that ange in the back being erased by black holes?

20. everything is BLUE (lightsaber of) TRUTH!, including lamb x bern, battler, and the new loli. blue even comes out from the loli's eyes. She is totally a representation of blue truth.

21. next scene: all of the adults (minus kinzo + servants + witches (are they witches?)) glaring at a transparent natsuhi, then natsuhi appears in the fg, with sinister smiles (adults presumably) directed at her.
basically what happens like all the time. natsuhi = borrowed womb in a sense. With all this focus on Natsuhi, doesnt that make her a VERY important character? Especially now that we're approaching the ANSWER arcs, aka the EXPLANATION arcs, doesn't that mean that Natsuhi has a GREAT deal do do with what's going on? (she even has a blonde daughter...like young beato?). I place all of my bets on Natsuhi being the criminal, or among the criminals responsible for the massacre. She even got praised by Kinzo in Ep 1, who doesnt really exist...

22. I don't know what the next part was...black + red contrast...
23. loli! with a smile...and her eyes turn blue
BLUE (lightsaber of...okay this is getting old) TRUTH

24. isnt it interesting how battler's lightsaber is red?

25. lamb x bern also have blue lightsaber...

26. red + blue lights flirt with each other on a chessboard, then a GOLD light mediates between them.
Keep in mind that there are always many "truths", but only one can be objectively the "Truth". Maybe the red and blue represent these many "truths", but this golden light is the absolute, objective "Truth". o.o blame the loli. or natsuhi.

27. battler, with kinzo's beard sticking in the background. is that his beard?

28. wtvr chessboard with almost everyone
29 beato vs battler wtvr
30. THE CHESSBOARD BLOWS UP!!!
NG. everything fails.

31. okay i dont care what ANYONE ELSE SAYS, but the part with battler x beato in flower garden has kinzo in the background. how do we know? look at every picture of him in the VN. it looks EXACTLY like that (white elongated triangle on front, with dark clothes surrounding, body shape (plump?, virigilia's side is not that wide...), etc.

32. YAY the world is restored, and black turns yellow turns white. the riddle is solved, and battler goes to marry ange! but a butterfree remains...
by the way, that impenetrable barrier was shot down by judgment from ToS, or that gundam 00 s2 weapon, or any kind of white beam...

33. Beato with her pieces vs. Battler with (his) pieces...

Summary:
i. Natsuhi plays a HUGE part in solving this riddle. She's probably a villain.
ii. Battler is uberpwnsauce
iii. there is an end, and bern > lamb, based on their bets.
iv. i wonder if lamb is gonna punish herself, aka huge walls, huge moat, death by jewelry, etc.
v. it is quite possible that this game ends in a very different manner than anyone expects, given the introduction of this golden light.
vi. WHAT ARE THOSE BLACK FALLIC SYMBOLS!
vii. remember that Kinzo is dead.
viii. this Episode is going to be hella awesome.

i ranted my share...
jdlkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 21:00   Link #484
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlkem View Post
26. red + blue lights flirt with each other on a chessboard, then a GOLD light mediates between them.
Keep in mind that there are always many "truths", but only one can be objectively the "Truth". Maybe the red and blue represent these many "truths", but this golden light is the absolute, objective "Truth". o.o blame the loli. or natsuhi.
It's probable the two pink and blue orbs represent Lambda and Bern; the two witches were glowing with the same colors before they danced across the chessboard. I'm assuming the golden color represents Beatrice.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 21:13   Link #485
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If they stick to primary (light) colors, then would Green truth be the real thing?

or would it be pigment colors and therefore be Yellow truths?
Old 2009-07-09, 21:44   Link #486
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visored View Post
Judging by the Op it seems that this will be the "answer" to Ep1,
looking for how they focus in Natsuhi from above the others
and her silhouette showing up in Kinzo's room.

And for Rikatrice?
It looks to me more like a Lambdakastel using Maria's Rose like a vessel.
I agree, especial since the OP I'm not only against that rose theory anymore. I get along with that theory that Rikatrice or Asumu? has something to do with that Rose, also her dress reminds me on that rose.

and also i believe Natsuhi has something to do with one of the murder crimes . maybe even back in EP 1
Old 2009-07-09, 21:57   Link #487
Majo
RONOVE'S #1 FAN

Hopefully there will be some BattlerXBeatrice in here
And about the OP:
From my point of view... the new girl is going to be a pain to Battler(?)
Majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 22:07   Link #488
UnknownBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If they stick to primary (light) colors, then would Green truth be the real thing?

or would it be pigment colors and therefore be Yellow truths?
Yellow truths shining bright golden?

Sounds pretty neat.
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 22:12   Link #489
jdlkem
teh_pwnzor

Counter-argument:

"Just as I can use the red, Battler, from now on I will permit you to use the blue." -Beatrice, "Red Truth, Blue Truth", Episode 4. It is neither Bern nor Lamb who allow Battler to use blue: it is Beatrice herself. Thus I don't think red or blue symbolize either Bern or Lamb.

Furthermore, look at the colors each are wearing.

Bern's color is obvious: Bern wears all blue.
Lamb's color is far from obvious: Lamb hardly wears red (and in fact, Battler himself might symbolize red more than Lamb, as shown in the OP (come on, he has red hair!)).
Old 2009-07-09, 22:24   Link #490
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majo View Post
Hopefully there will be some BattlerXBeatrice in here
And about the OP:
From my point of view... the new girl is going to be a pain to Battler(?)
Yeah, when it goes past all the characters standing on the chessboard the new girl doesn't appear until the end... standing next to the stakes. I don't think she's going to be on Battler's side.
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 22:44   Link #491
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlkem View Post
Bern's color is obvious: Bern wears all blue.
Lamb's color is far from obvious: Lamb hardly wears red (and in fact, Battler himself might symbolize red more than Lamb, as shown in the OP (come on, he has red hair!)).
There isn't a red orb though, it's red and pink (purple?) slamming into each other, with gold in between. It's pretty obviously Bern vs Lambda (and with Beato, this makes the "three factions": Beato loses, ties, or wins).

As for the Battler x Beato rose garden scene, I think that's actually young Kinzo, with the older Kinzo looking at it from afar as a memory.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 22:49   Link #492
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

The game isn't even out and this thread already has more posts than the EP1 thread.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 22:53   Link #493
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
The game isn't even out and this thread already has more posts than the EP1 thread.
This game isn't even out and new girl probably has more fan art than Ange

|D It's going to be a lonngg month.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 22:57   Link #494
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
This game isn't even out and new girl probably has more fan art than Ange

|D It's going to be a lonngg month.
Well... I DO see like 10+ more new pictures of her everyday... so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case in a week or two.

And yes it will be... a VERY long month.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 00:30   Link #495
Avisch
Reality Blender

At first I was worried that I wouldn't like the song (now that Akiko isn't singing it). But HOLY GOD THAT WAS EPIC.

This opening definitely puts more emphasis on all the characters. I like it very much.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:55   Link #496
Saerianne
*cackle*

My gosh, there's so many fan pictures already of this ep. I'm on holidays now so I can go back to getting more.

And yes, I doubt that girl will be on Battlers side. Everyone's against him. XDD Well, apart from a few people.
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 02:33   Link #497
Mercurius

My (slowpoke) thoughts on the new OP:

-That tower with the crucifix on top in the beginning, can't quite place it in the game.

-The new OP's singer sounds a lot like the one from Chaos Head's OP (Kanako Ito). Couldn't find any connection between her and Ayumu (Zwei). Probably just my delusion, pukukuku.

-Now I know where the anime ED got the inspiration to use the neverending chessboard.

-Lots of focus on windows, light coming through windows, and window frames. Would be rather amused if the biggest clues actually resided in the FRAMES of the portraits, rather than the portraits themselves (*goes to check).

-Ange's 'death' seemed very plague-like, or even like she was burned. Either way, pretty gruesome.

-Man, Rokkenjima sure looks like a wing from above.

I do like the new song, as it captures a lot of the 'catchy dramatic' vibe of the last two episodes.
Old 2009-07-11, 07:46   Link #498
Risa chan
Watcher

My thoughts about the OP of EP5 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHAqb...eature=related
Basing on this video:

Overall: It sure does give a change compared to Akiko's song. But it sure shows us that it is a Answer Arc
The opening itself is E-P-I-C , the song is perfect and the animation is really well done.

Well right now ::

Spoiler for blabla:
Old 2009-07-11, 08:26   Link #499
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
You know, I think that in the op, my favorite part was that calm end the song was brought to. It makes me think of the happy end that the characters will get in the end. (But it in my point of view always focuses on Battler, Rudolf, and Kyrie coming back home to Ange for some reason.)
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 10:09   Link #500
jdlkem
teh_pwnzor

seriously tho...

who is the curly-haired red-head with the evil smile at 0:48? is that the real ushiromiya battler-chan? it's definitely not gaap...