AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Tales of the Abyss - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 15 31.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 18.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 10.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-29, 16:26   Link #21
Manic
real men love pink

i dunno in the game they say nothing about about many years have passed, all you know is there's been some jump and that its Lukes coming of age ceremony. So who knows when coming of age is in this story in japan i guess the standard is 20. Really isnt that important other than tear waited a long time to see her love again which is why i think we shoulda got a kissing scene haha
Old 2009-03-29, 21:19   Link #22
Mio
TL;DR
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Mio
It so happens that I beat the PS2 Tales of the Abyss game just today, right before I watched the final episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-29, 21:50   Link #23
Manic
real men love pink

yeah i was hoping they were gonna take some of the ambiguousness out of the ending and give closure to tear and luke, but atleast they added a little big more to it. It also does give you that much feeling its luke coming back than the game did.

I am still hoping for a sequel game, i remember awhile back ppl were rumoring about Tales of Harmony which was supposed to continue the story
Old 2009-03-30, 01:57   Link #24
yolin.shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayami View Post
Spoiler:
It's gonna be in the 3rd anime Drama CD coming out in April =3
Old 2009-03-30, 07:17   Link #25
Narona
Emotionless White Face

For me, the anime was ok... Nothing exceptional though.

I did watch the Luke/Asch battle from the game, and it was better than in the anime (why did they use a so crappy music ?) As for the final battle, it wasn't spectacular at all...

And the ending................ I was expecting something different than the game....
Old 2009-03-30, 10:42   Link #26
yolin.shana

tbh, the final battle disappointed me in the game (so easy, and I didn't like being interrupted by cutscenes all the time), so I don't find the anime one bad at all xD

As for the ending, I don't see how you could expect anything different from the game =S
Old 2009-03-31, 22:44   Link #27
kujoe
from head to heel

I preferred the game's ending as well. Actually, both of the endings of the anime and the game are more or less similar, but taken as a whole I preferred the dramatic impact that's present in the game. Then again, perhaps it's because I saw the epilogue of the game first.

However, there are also some additions in the anime's end that I found particularly nice, such as the various scenes of what has been going in other parts of their world. Moreover, I don't remember Mieu being there in the game's version, which is weird to me since he's just as important as the rest of the gang.

Spoiler for comparison:

All in all, there really isn't much of a difference at all save for a few details.
Old 2009-04-04, 16:13   Link #28
Manic
real men love pink

yeah that's one thing i didn't like about the anime. Tear and Guy were already there while she is singing then the rest show up since they noticed they didn't go to the manor for his ceremony.

also you're right that mieu wasn't in the games ending
Old 2009-04-05, 19:06   Link #29
Scarlett_Rain55

Meh game ending was better. Disappointing anime. The 1st episode showed so much premise!
Old 2009-04-08, 13:46   Link #30
TsukikoChan

just finished watching the series today. its been that long since i finished the game, i cant quite remember what happened in it or the final battle ^^ i rather enjoyed the anime, i was worried so much good stuff would be cut out but im happy with what i got to see ^^

as for the last person/entity
Spoiler for ending person:

aaah, i hope they release some short ova/d/n's or stuff. i really was looking forward to some scenes such as the bathhouse scene, or the conclusion to the nephilim arc (i couldnt beat this in the game! i dont know how that ends lol). :3 cant wait til the next talesof adaption. whats the bets on the next release? finish off the second arc of symphonia, or start another one such as legendia, vesperia or even the destiny stories :O
Old 2009-04-08, 14:51   Link #31
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukikoChan View Post
just finished watching the series today. its been that long since i finished the game, i cant quite remember what happened in it or the final battle ^^ i rather enjoyed the anime, i was worried so much good stuff would be cut out but im happy with what i got to see ^^

as for the last person/entity
Spoiler for ending person:

aaah, i hope they release some short ova/d/n's or stuff. i really was looking forward to some scenes such as the bathhouse scene, or the conclusion to the nephilim arc (i couldnt beat this in the game! i dont know how that ends lol). :3 cant wait til the next talesof adaption. whats the bets on the next release? finish off the second arc of symphonia, or start another one such as legendia, vesperia or even the destiny stories :O
Tales of Grace is supposed to be the next game released I do hope they do come with an OVA with all those extra little side quests from the game though.

Spoiler for The last one standing:
Old 2009-04-08, 15:43   Link #32
kamikazex

i liked the series regardless still alright would watch again...maybe 3or4 years from now
Old 2009-04-08, 23:05   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I didn't like the ambiguous ending when beating the game anymore than this. Just make it simple; resurrect Asch and give Luke a body that won't burn out . Instead you get this body fusion thing. So Asch's 'soul' left his body to join Luke, which then returns to his own body later. If they are both stuck in there makes sense they vanished for a couple years. Probably spent part of it fighting himself and deciding what to do about Tear and Natalia .

Well we've reached the end. Somehow they managed to fit it all into 26 episodes but they had to move it at times. Not bad, though would probably prefer just playing the game again.
Old 2009-04-09, 02:48   Link #34
yolin.shana

I really don't see how the ending can be considered ambiguous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukikoChan View Post
i really was looking forward to some scenes such as the bathhouse scene, or the conclusion to the nephilim arc
I'm repeating myself a lot these days, but they're actually doing those sidequests, as well as the Jewel of Gardios one, in the anime Drama CDs =3
Old 2009-04-09, 21:41   Link #35
qwertyuiopz

I am confused :|??
Why would he wait 2 years...and it showed Asch twitch but yet they didn't show him.
Or is it more clear if I play the game?
Old 2009-04-09, 21:48   Link #36
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolin.shana View Post

I'm repeating myself a lot these days, but they're actually doing those sidequests, as well as the Jewel of Gardios one, in the anime Drama CDs =3
I would rather have an OVA then a drama CD though.

and they don't tell why Luke/Asch waited 2 years to get back, maybe it was necessary? They show him moving down with Lorelei but they don't show him going back up
Old 2009-04-10, 02:23   Link #37
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
cant wait til the next talesof adaption. whats the bets on the next release
Already been announce its Tales of Vesperia

Quote:
in the game it was a bit more ambiguous, the anime changed some things around which pretty much all but screamed out that its Luke that returns

Quote:
Or is it more clear if I play the game?
Yeah its a side quest where you learn about the big bang theory where you can save em if you merge the replica and original back together. The reason his hand moves is loreli most likely merge luke into aschs corpse so he wouldnt disappear.

As for why he was gone for 2 years i have no clue i was hoping the anime would explain this or atleast gives us more closure especially with Tear. I really wish they would have shown Luke getten Tears knecklace back but they skipped alot of that desert city where it would have started
Old 2009-04-10, 03:11   Link #38
yolin.shana

The game wasn't any more ambigous than the anime... Well, I didn't find it ambigous at all, personally, and I didn't know about those sidequests in my first playthrough. Whatever.

For the 2 years, I think it's just Tear's song that brought him back. She wishes for him to be there when she sings, doesn't she? It's a bit like he answered that call =3
Old 2009-04-10, 03:34   Link #39
Manic
real men love pink

yeah when she sings it brings him back imo kinda like when she sang for Ion and he responded even tho he was dead.

Quote:
The game wasn't any more ambigous than the anime...
The game was more ambiguous than the anime. The games side quests can lead you do believe the person can be asch. The anime leaves all this out and just mentions the big bang theory when asch dies.

Also I am sure you can still find a forum with raging asch fans that will argue till they er blue in the face (along with decent evidence) that the person who came back was asch. Just because you didnt think it was doesnt mean another majority think otherwise even the creators say its up to you who you think it is thats as ambiguous as you can be.

just to be clear tho i have always thought it was luke and think the asch ppl are reaching to satisfy their own delusions
Old 2009-04-10, 12:26   Link #40
yolin.shana

I thought the sidequests pointed to Luke >_>
The only thing that make us believe that the person can be Asch is that interview...
Closed Thread