AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 30 40.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 45.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 9.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-24, 10:13   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Psycho-Pass - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Psycho-Pass, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-01-24, 11:28   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 14:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-24, 14:27   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So Makishima isn't just in it for the thrills: He has real socio-political motives in mind. And not only that but he's now not just another anomaly that the Sybl system can quietly deal with. Makishima's probably aware of that plan and has made sure the hole in the system is ripped open even more. I wonder if that helmet was something that was in production in Senguji's company. Makishima must be getting the money somewhere to develop such a thing.
Old 2013-01-24, 15:40   Link #4
kitten320

Makishima's way is not appropriate but I'm starting to side with him, this system needs to go down...

A human is getting killed in front of hundreds and no one even reacts!
Old 2013-01-24, 15:46   Link #5
ookamigirl

Wow! Now that was an interesting beginning.
Think the helmet made it possible to circumvent Sybil system.
Killing people at random, pretty scary.
This is bad. The helmet thing is not an isolated case.
Makishima's plan seems to be working.
Kogami's powers of deduction are always a nice surprise.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-01-24, 15:46   Link #6
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I am so disturbed by the murder in the public scene that I actually skip the rest of the episode. I am going to have to clear my head before resuming watching.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2013-01-24, 15:50   Link #7
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I am so disturbed by the murder in the public scene that I actually skip the rest of the episode. I am going to have to clear my head before resuming watching.
Wow, that's terrible, but fortunately I am pleased to continue watching the episode as always without saying anything.

As far the helmet men go, I don't understand much on why they come here other than trying to scare off Sibyl System, and watching the opening theme makes me have the feeling that Akane will most likely go with her cunning side in the future.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-24, 15:50   Link #8
pampz21
ShipCore

The OP really has some spoiler on it.....Kogami will probably use a real gun in place of a dominator......well I like the Magnum so no complain!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-01-24, 15:52   Link #9
kitten320

^Well with the way things are I really wouldn't be surprised.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:00   Link #10
pampz21
ShipCore

the only I dont like is well see eliminator mode less and less..... T_T

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-01-24, 16:03   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The real OP and ED animation finally premiered. The visuals of the OP are about just as great as that of the first. I love it.

This episode perfectly showcased how much people's mindset has changed under the Sybil system. They are no longer the distrustful bunch we are. They have total security and are thus able to live carefreely. The idea that one of those stranger on the street might be a criminal is foreign to them. They have been so sheltered by Sybil they can not even comprehend what happens when a crime is committed right in front of their eyes. That scene was bone-chilling. These people were just standing there while another person was getting beaten to death, entirely unable to understand reality. Makishima is right about one thing: they are now more than sheep. It's certainly great that they can live without fear of being mugged or killed, but I feel they have lost something essential in the process.

Now that the dominators have been rendered ineffective, we'll get to see just how flexible Sybil is. Will Inspectors be allowed to carry more conventional weapons to uphold the law? They will be powerless if things remain as they are. The system needs to adapt to this new threat, and fast. Enforcers will have to stick with Dominators though, since giving them a firearm is risky. I'm sure Kogami will find another way to obtain one, as the OP indicates. Another option is to allow them to override the Dominator's settings manually, which they should have been able to in the first place. It makes no sense not to allow them to stun people at their own discretion. They're using humans instead of machines for a reason, they should make use of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So Makishima isn't just in it for the thrills: He has real socio-political motives in mind. And not only that but he's now not just another anomaly that the Sybl system can quietly deal with. Makishima's probably aware of that plan and has made sure the hole in the system is ripped open even more. I wonder if that helmet was something that was in production in Senguji's company. Makishima must be getting the money somewhere to develop such a thing.
That's been obvious for a while, but this episode finally confirms it. His motives are good at least on the surface (we're not privy to the details of his plan yet), however his methods are plain wrong and absolutely revolting. If it weren't for that, I could actually sympathize with him.

He's definitely backed up by somebody powerful. Developing and manufacturing those helmets must have required a lot of resources. I can't help but think he's helped by one of the higher-up of Sybil.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:04   Link #12
hilly
hilly

Well,there were no ultimate technology after all..
Eventually,human will always find faulty and weakness in system and technology they created and advance more..

Makishima also isn't just some genius of crime but also good in fights too~nice point..
Old 2013-01-24, 16:05   Link #13
konart

Spoiler for The true mastermind:
Old 2013-01-24, 16:47   Link #14
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Wow. Just wow. Trust Urobochi and company to keep raising the bar like this.

I've never been so shaken after an episode as I was for this. The idea that someone can murder (and by the looks of it, almost try to rape) a woman in the middle of a street and everyone just stands by to watch is a scary thought - and Makishima's rather visceral murder of the thug...damn.

This episode will stay with me for a long time - it was that good.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:20   Link #15
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Wow. Just wow. Trust Urobochi and company to keep raising the bar like this.

I've never been so shaken after an episode as I was for this. The idea that someone can murder (and by the looks of it, almost try to rape) a woman in the middle of a street and everyone just stands by to watch is a scary thought - and Makishima's rather visceral murder of the thug...damn.

This episode will stay with me for a long time - it was that good.
Same. I generally think of myself as fairly desensitized from all the years of watching fictional violence, but the sheer raw brutality of that entire scene made me more then a little sick to my stomach.

It is a fairly chilling thought though that something like that could happen...Also liked the fact that they showed how it had spread as a video. A simple video of an unthinkable act has been the catalyst for many a thing and it gave you that feeling that we might have witnessed the spark that starts a revolution.

I'd say this episode more then any other truly has me interested in just what exactly is going to happen to this world as a whole next.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2013-01-24, 17:39   Link #16
Rayneing
Trombe!

This episode made me feel so unbelievably uncomfortable. The idea that people could see that happening in front of them and just stand there, unable to even comprehend what they are viewing, just sickens me on every level. My head is in absolute chaos right now.

And of course, I have to see where this is all going. I hate that someone as despicable and reprehensible as Makishima actually has a point about their society - but the methods he employs to bring about his message are chilling to the very core.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:42   Link #17
Casshern

I don't know if I can watch this any more, I feel sick.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:45   Link #18
Arya

Wow, that scene really was disturbing. Not the murder per se, but seeing how people didn't react at all. Even the droid acted so wrongly. It was the perception of the crime that was extremely disturbing.
So, in this episode they decided to stop playing hide and seek. The system sucks. As I thought taking away the thinking part of your brain means taking away the human nature. As that crowd showed.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:56   Link #19
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Oh my god, this episode .... its my shocked the scene with the girl who is beaten in public and nobody reacted
:x
Old 2013-01-24, 18:01   Link #20
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I don't know if I can watch this any more, I feel sick.
That crossed my mind quite a number of times, but in the end I always come back for more. Urobuchi is just that good at making people come back and watch.

Slowly Makishima is shaking the foundation of human society, wonder how long it'll take for crimes to spread.

I thought it was a bit too fast how Kogami found out the helmet trick, but if the helmet always scans the lowest Psycho Pass, Tsunemori would be the perfect target.
So Kogami's Psycho Pass is 282, if the helmet does scan the lowest pass, Masaoka's would be above that? The Dominator probably didn't go the Eliminator mode because it thought the target was Kogami, a member of Public Security.

Makishima needs to improve the helmet, since Kogami&co will analyse the helmet and update Sybil. I think Makishima will discover a way to copy and save a Psycho Pass, without needing to scan other people. He'd downsize the helmet to maybe a bracelet or necklace.
Can't wait until they're allowed to carry actual firearms in case of an emergency.

Makishima shows off his martial prowess, I expected him to have a few accomplices in hiding. Based on the opening song, I hope he and Kogami will have some epic close combat one day.