AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-13, 11:21   Link #21
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Long time ago I am not really sure there was this person who used to design Zanapkutos in CG with the help of 3d-Max and CAD ...

He posted his creations of Tensa Zangestu in Aug/Sep 05 in Bleach Portal .Here is the veiw

I think this one thought just created in CG looks better .The broken Chain link is very well showed .He did create many other zanpakutos in CG too.But by far this is his best work I guess
Old 2006-09-14, 12:47   Link #22
taelmx
Rising Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
awh thats easy...anyone can do why hichigo does that is swing the sword above your head by holding onto the cloth bit
but i want to know is the sword thick, sharp enough to cut yourself or take off someone's head?

Yes it is. I sliced through a peice of really hard wood with it to test it out and it sliced right through it because of the weight.
Old 2006-09-14, 13:19   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by taelmx
Yes it is. I sliced through a peice of really hard wood with it to test it out and it sliced right through it because of the weight.
oh :O i want one now it would be a good bit of tool if i get a burgular in da house *evil laugh*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-15, 16:43   Link #24
SladeX

I have the Tensa Zangetsu on order, according to the sales rep, it was already presharpened and could do some cardboard box cutting with ease.

Looking forward to getting this sword, next on the list is Masamune aka Sephiroth's sword. Ichigo's Shikai Zangetsu needs to be bigger.

Although I may be tempted to grab Link's Master sword and Lion-o's Sword of omens for my collection.
Old 2006-09-15, 17:35   Link #25
Mortis
You fool!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
it would be a good bit of tool
Soul Slayers aint tools
Old 2006-09-15, 18:45   Link #26
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
*ssiiiggghh* I just got a reply from them and they said they don't ship to Canada, oh well
Old 2006-09-15, 22:27   Link #27
SladeX

there's no restrictions on swords to canada, as long as its not a firearm or replica, not a shruiken (throwing star) of any size (ie cross or x shaped), not a switchblade or a spring loaded blade, it's perfectly fine to import here.

PM me for more details.
Old 2006-09-16, 02:51   Link #28
chzon
whiplash

Send a message via MSN to chzon
Its still a weopon isn't it? Merchandise or not, it still can be used as a weopon. Guess it would be hard to get it around no?
Old 2006-09-16, 10:41   Link #29
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
"I am very sorry, we are only able to ship to the USA "

At 02:41 PM 9/11/2006, you wrote:

"Hello, I was thinking about ordering Katanas from your site, but I just want to ask how long might it take to ship to Canada"

Sooooo, i'm just taking that as they don't ship to Canada
Old 2006-09-16, 12:10   Link #30
Lotiman

I saw it in a store selling anime stuff. However, the one I saw is not the full size. It is just around 1 feet (mini size and in box). But the big one sure looks nice. I visited the website and it is great! They offer so many sword from various anime, movies.
Old 2006-09-17, 14:03   Link #31
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha

Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
Trueswords. They look nice at first, then you realize they arent so great.

The shikai Zangetsu is too small. I made my own 1/1 version (out of wood), and i measured it from many refrence shots to be at least 4 1/2 feet long, and a good bit thicker than that sword too. The hiltwrap is the most ugly bit in my opinion. Ichi's wrapping is more chaotic, with no real pattern. Then they change the wrapping color, dont wrap the end, and use a pattern that looks nothing like the original. Shoddy work.

Tensa Zangetsu is easier for them, because it's basically a normal Katana, with black steel. I'll give them more credit for this one, because they did do a good job with the crossguard (it looks more like the real one than i expected), but they overextended the handle to the point where it looks stupid. They also completely failed the chain. Too many links, and no broken link. It wouldnt be all that difficult to make that either. Use bigger links, and weld the last 2 together. Then cut the last one in 2. Voila.

In short, they're nice if they're all you can get, but I sure as hell wouldn't buy one.
Old 2006-09-17, 15:16   Link #32
SladeX

While I agree that Tensa Zangetsu needs a larger chain on the end, the broken link will probably fall off unless welded, also I think the larger chain looks too chunky, a nice medium sized chain would be nice. I think the size of the handle is perfectly matched to the sword. If you observe the size of Ichigo's hand versus the size of the handle, you can clearly count that four of his hands could hold it. It means it's not your typical size sword. If anything though, I don't think the size is the problem, its the number of wrappings on the handle, it seems the manga version has less.

In all it's a good effort on their part, I don't see many people being able to construct Tensa Zangetsu anytime soon in their garage for what is being charged for this sword.

The Shikai version is hideous though. It's much too small first off. The chaotic wrapping of the anime doesn't help.
Old 2006-09-17, 15:50   Link #33
Red-Razor
Shuffle!

MMM nice :P but just look on ebay and search for

Bankai sword

then you find that sword 176 cm long or somthing not that is long
Old 2006-09-17, 16:24   Link #34
SladeX

A sword that is 176cm is not that long???

It's 5 feet 8 inches.

Actually 172cm.

That would reach about my nose when comparing size.

By contrast, most katana's on average are around 40-50 inches.
Old 2006-09-19, 02:54   Link #35
ODLxMk

I bought it. I'm a sucker for a huge blade...esp a black one!

Interesting tho, they mention 28lbs for shipping weight to justify their absurd $25 shipping charge.

I found a free shipping code online (freeship125 or something like that) for orders over $125 (i bought two, one's for a buddy)...and the shipping came out to be $42ish, but like i said...i used a coupon which discounted it to $0.

Fedex tracking number comes...the shipping weight for TWO of these supposedly 28lb/each blades is .... 15lbs.

Probably just billed @ 28lbs due to the size, but i hope they didn't go cheap on me with the shipping because i used a coupon.

Scheduled to come in friday, so we'll see.

I'll put up pics in here then too
Old 2006-09-19, 03:01   Link #36
ODLxMk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black~Destiny
*ssiiiggghh* I just got a reply from them and they said they don't ship to Canada, oh well
Interesting... you might want to bring up with them that they offer the Sephiroth blade for canada (at least in the description).

http://www.trueswords.com/final-fant...sword-p-7.html

If not, sorry You can always try ebay...
Old 2006-09-19, 05:13   Link #37
lommm
l'homme de lommm

they have some can swords, and a rattan cane that looks similar to benihime, but i want a cane sword is a benihime replica.... i will add the little flaming skull if it doesn't come with it....

i think that would be a cool sword
Old 2006-09-21, 12:14   Link #38
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

ok, i want to clear some things up, first thing is the bleach replica banki sword. I had a chance this week to see the sword in person, I was not impressed it is a half tang sword and was made of stainless steal, what this means is it would not stand up to a hand forged katana. Now having said that it would be cool to have one to hang on the wall. Its just not good for practical use. As well as the regular bleach sword i found to be small in fact they where both small. Now on to the 2nd item someone mentioned sharpening a sword with the accusharp knife sharpener. I have one, it isnt ment for swords its for knifes, it says so right on the back of the box and you would ruin your sword if you where to use it.
Old 2006-09-21, 23:19   Link #39
SladeX

sweet mother of mercy I just got the sword today.

This is my first impression...

HOLY SHIT THE BOX IS BIG. It's taller than me and I'm 5 10...

Second impression...

It says 10lbs on the shipping label, but I've got some 10 lb weights lying around that feel a hell of a lot lighter than this.

Third impression
shipping foam + styrofoal is messy!

Fourth impression...

Sweet mother of mamaries... this sword IS 5 8!!! It's long... too damn long... It makes a great sephiroth sword (which incidently is what it is based off of.

Fifth impression...

the realistic view, I'm too damn short to wield this blade.
let's put this in perspective, my practice katana, which is meant for my size resembles a wakikashi compared to tensa zangetsu.

pics when I find my camera!
Old 2006-09-21, 23:21   Link #40
SladeX

Another thought, if Byakuya saw this sword with Ichigo, he would NOT have mentioned it to be a small thing.
Closed Thread