AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-16, 08:19   Link #421
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just so you know, that is on the soundtrack i posted up a few posts back. Track 31 is the one you're looking for.
What's the title, if any ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 09:24   Link #422
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I don't get why everyone is so excited over something that happend 2 and a half years ago in the manga.
Old 2008-06-16, 09:29   Link #423
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What's the title, if any ?
The track title is 十六夜-いざよい-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I don't get why everyone is so excited over something that happend 2 and a half years ago in the manga.
What?

Why does it matter if it happened 2 and a half years ago in the manga? That has nothing to do with it at all. & to answer your question, it's one of the strongest parts in the manga, and a huge step with Watanuki's character development. I just don't think it's as important as the woman in the park story.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-06-16 at 10:43.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 12:05   Link #424
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Also some of us haven't read the manga but the manga readers are doing a nice job pumping us up for this.
Old 2008-06-16, 12:20   Link #425
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Also some of us haven't read the manga but the manga readers are doing a nice job pumping us up for this.
You're welcome. It can easily be done without spoilers.
Old 2008-06-16, 18:22   Link #426
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Thats more then a little bit of a silly statement considering some of us aren't manga readers...And even if I was one hearing it with music and seeing it in motion usually is enough to make me eager to see favorite scenes from the manga source (Yami-chan ).

Well if kohane's arc felt abit like the low point of the show this episode was the exact opposite. The entire episode maintained a great sense of supense and the fall was a very "OMG that did NOT just happen?" moment. I positively cannot wait for next episode to continue from such a horrible teasing cliffhanger episode.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 18:23   Link #427
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Ep 9

Oh my god!
What is this evil development. Poor Kohane chan...poor poor Kohane chan

I can't believe how depressing this is to me, it seems like the same old heavy hammer has just smashed into my heart (again).

I think words fail me if I have to describe it. Kohane being treated so badly yet she doesn't express anything. Keeping it all in like that, she is a brave soul. Watanuki needs to hurry up and save her...he needs to as I don't want to think that Kohane will be abused even more than this ;____;

And some people need to get a life...that voice message made me want to punch something...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 23:52   Link #428
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Ep 9

Oh my god!
What is this evil development. Poor Kohane chan...poor poor Kohane chan

I can't believe how depressing this is to me, it seems like the same old heavy hammer has just smashed into my heart (again).

I think words fail me if I have to describe it. Kohane being treated so badly yet she doesn't express anything. Keeping it all in like that, she is a brave soul. Watanuki needs to hurry up and save her...he needs to as I don't want to think that Kohane will be abused even more than this ;____;

And some people need to get a life...that voice message made me want to punch something...
I felt the same way.

Now I'm feeling sorry for like, every celebrity out there. How they must feel when they fall from [the public's] grace, even when it's not their fault. I'm also feeling especially leery about things like 4chan now; flaming and random insults might seem like a fun pastime; but if it hurts Kohane-chan...!

I'm still dreading the jump to 10 since people are saying they didn't handle the end of the arc very well. So far it's been more-or-less faithful though (with some shuffling that doesn't amount to much).

The manga ending was epic though also waaay further in the timeline. Not that timelines count for much in xxxHolic, I think.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 07:48   Link #429
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 11

WOW just freakin WOW Im so glad i didnt read any spoilers and my reaction to the episode is pretty much the same as everyone elses. When Himawari touched Watanuki's shoulder i was like Oh F&*$ and then he fell out the window i was on the edge of freakin seat saying omg omg omg. This is has been a while coming now and even though i have no read the manga i had a sense something was going to happen after hearing Yoko's words.

I still dont understand what exactly Himawari is and what purpose does she play in her Watanuki's development but it seems really sad. Both her and Doumeki paid Yoko's price to help him but what was that price? From the preview it looks like she melts I cant wait to get some answers.

Oh and I still think that Yoko has to be one of the beautifully dressed female characters in the anime universe

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-06-17 at 10:21.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 09:08   Link #430
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Do you know around which volume/chapter the current point in the anime is at ?
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 09:43   Link #431
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Do you know around which volume/chapter the current point in the anime is at ?
The latest episode covers chapters 115 through 118
Old 2008-06-17, 11:15   Link #432
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& that'll be volume 10.
Old 2008-06-17, 11:47   Link #433
king12354

Awesome stuff... I'm reading the Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles manga right now and I'm at the part where there's Watanuki. Kind of funny and unexpected. Seems connected with this episode 11 one way or another.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 11:58   Link #434
Srin Tuar
無謀

Thanks guys
Its expensive to buy the tankoubons starting from vol 1 with international shipping and the crap exchange rate lately.
so I'll go for the back volumes later
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 14:46   Link #435
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 10 ~
All's well that ends well huh? Kohane is such a brave little soldier *sniff*

Though I'm not that happy that she returned to the devil woman...now she better treat her adorable daughter well otherwise something bad will happen -___-

ep 11
EHHHHHH...

I had the same reaction as Sinestra when he fell out only with a lot more cursing in.

That is one evil cliffhanger if I've ever seen one. Himawari has been "doing" evil deeds throughout the series already but I never expected that she knew it herself that she was a walking mass of bad luck.

And whats with the attitude in the end...just what price did she and Doumeki pay. She seems to have gotten a lot lot darker since then...

I think my head is going to swell up

And as a side note, Doumeki's father being called Haruka is weird...I've always thought that that was a girl's name so I kinda jump everytime Watanuki says it ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 14:53   Link #436
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Going back to how well they've animated the first part of Himawari's arc --- i just love how perfect the tention is just after Himawari pats Watanuki on the back. Even though i seen it coming because i'm a manga reader, i was still took of guard, and in complete awe as to what may happen now that he has a weaker back. It truly was done the best it good have been done, and i'll forever love the people behind it the tv series. I do alone thanks to the woman in the park arc (seriously, i must mention that arc at least once a page in this thread).

I just know they'll carry on, and do episode 12 the way it needs to be seen.
Old 2008-06-17, 18:59   Link #437
onigiri
....always have hope =)..

episode 11 (again)

So I've re-watched the episode this time with the subtitles to confirm and clear up things I didn't understand and was in denial of understanding.

Gaaah I still don't like how they cut out an important (atleast in my perspective, I feel it helps understand a little more about Watanuki and his past) part.

I'm upset about it, but I wasn't surprised about it since the season itself cut out or changed things (I swear if I remembered correctly, episode 11 should've happened way before he met Kohane-chan correct me if I'm wrong though, I read that part in the manga a long time ago) like Kohane-chan's arc is totally different since it's still going on in the manga at the moment.

However, despite my ness at the change for episode 11, I actually adored the change for Kohane-chan's arc. I really loved how she get's this sweet heartfelt ending (sort of, since she appeared in episode 11). I'm impressed that Production IG was able to change it but still capture the essence of CLAMP themes

In my attempt to ignore the lil change from Watanuki incident, I'm now anticipating episode 12...what's going to happen to Himawari-chan? and Doumeki? O__O

Another interesting thing was that, the anime seem to make me dislike Himawari-chan much more than I felt before (before I just had a neutral outlook on her), I don't really dislike or hate characters a lot, especially from CLAMP. So it sort of bothers me how I'm all at Himawari-chan in my head hahaha
onigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 21:51   Link #438
Lycestra
feed me weird things
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And as a side note, Doumeki's father being called Haruka is weird...I've always thought that that was a girl's name so I kinda jump everytime Watanuki says it ^^
You're not the only one. And that isn't the half of it. Don't forget that "Doumeki" is the family name. Haruka is the grandfather's name, and Doumeki's given name is "Shizuka" which is also a girl's name. In fact, by coincidence, it's the given name of Himawari's voice actress.
Lycestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 12:22   Link #439
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I feel the same way as Shiroth along with the lady in the park arc. This episode has left the strongest impression on me so far in both season's. The build up and apprehension about what exactly was going to happen was done so nicely that i can not find fault in it. This is one of the rare occurrences that even though im not exactly sure of all the facts i just love and respect the people behind the scenes that made it all happen. If a episode can get me to curse and actually get up because im so into it thats a pure win. I was never a huge Himawari fan but seeing what happened with her and Watanuki's reaction was very emotional. Seeing something this happen especially to a person who you were basically in love with Watanuki has got to be feeling something kind of blue.

Does anyone know where i can find some good xxxHOLIC artbooks?

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-06-18 at 12:34.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 14:36   Link #440
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

I liked the Lady in the park eps as well, it was a beautiful story.

I just finished watching ep 7 with the Cat Girl it wasn't as interesting as the previous eps, except for the part with Yuko's swimsuit.

I can't believe Watanuki though! how many times has he seen evil spirits, demons and even dead bodies? and yet he still screams like a girl everytime he sees another one!

When it happens to Doumeki he's more like "oh it's just an evil spirit trying to eat our souls."

Yeah I know It's part of his personality to cringe, but he was so awesome when he had his eye patch on and he stormed right in there, I was like "Go Watanuki!"
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, supernatural