Notices

Old 2008-06-18, 15:21   Link #441
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycestra View Post
You're not the only one. And that isn't the half of it. Don't forget that "Doumeki" is the family name. Haruka is the grandfather's name, and Doumeki's given name is "Shizuka" which is also a girl's name. In fact, by coincidence, it's the given name of Himawari's voice actress.
There is no such thing as coincidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer View Post
I can't believe Watanuki though! how many times has he seen evil spirits, demons and even dead bodies? and yet he still screams like a girl everytime he sees another one!
Old habits never change?

I mean, Watanuki isn't exactly the bravest person I've seen in the first place
(kinda reminds me of myself).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 06:04   Link #442
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Old habits never change?

He isn't, but if you remember where Watanuki was wondering if the envelope was cursed, Mokona picked it up and rubbed it in his face and Watanuki had a seizure over it, I've never heard of anyone with an intense fear of envelopes before.
Though when he had the eyepatch on though he was a totally different person the only fear he had was the fear of losing the Vestral Spirit.

I can't help but wonder what Watanuki's actual fate is though,imo Yuko seems to be training him like some sort of an apprentice.

(I'm not very brave myself, a couple of days ago during the night I was rewatching the ghost story episode and the window was open and unknown to me a huge beetle flew in and crawled down the back of my neck, it scared the hell out of me XD )
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 13:26   Link #443
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 12:

I'm so happy with this adaptation. Better then i ever could have imagined.
Old 2008-06-19, 14:11   Link #444
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Well done, but I'm confused by them tucking a sidestory at the end instead of where it belonged. They didn't even give it a number in the preview, just called it a sidestory (the Thunder Beast chapter(s))
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 14:14   Link #445
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Well done, but I'm confused by them tucking a sidestory at the end instead of where it belonged. They didn't even give it a number in the preview, just called it a sidestory (the Thunder Beast chapter(s))
Well, it's the same as the first season. A side story at the end of the series.
Old 2008-06-19, 14:30   Link #446
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 12
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-06-19, 14:33   Link #447
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
This definitely needs a third season...definitely >_<[
At the moment that's pretty impossible. There's some manga material that hasn't been animated, though no way near enough for another season.

Also, where is White Manju Bun? She better watch episode 12 tonight! We've been waiting for this adaptation for far to long.
Old 2008-06-19, 16:31   Link #448
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At the moment that's pretty impossible. There's some manga material that hasn't been animated, though no way near enough for another season.

Also, where is White Manju Bun? She better watch episode 12 tonight! We've been waiting for this adaptation for far to long.
Having read up to current on the manga, I was a bit surpprised by this: the anime has just about reached the end of it. Sadly, were going to have to wait a few years before we get anymore animated holic.

The very reason i started looking for the manga was to feed my addition to this show
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 16:39   Link #449
juventas

Quote:
I disagree. Without fear, how can you call someone brave? It's only when you do something you have to do despite fear that you can consider someone brave. If a person isn't afraid, then he is either stupid, ignorant, and/or knows he can handle the job.

I think Watanuki is very brave.
juventas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 17:32   Link #450
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep12:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 18:58   Link #451
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

I thought this new season was going to be as long as the first, it's such a shame it's only 13 eps long but I guess it is important to focus on quality rather than quantity.

I haven't read the manga yet but isn't there enough material to work with?
Kei doesn't conclude the story and I read the manga is ending in the near future,
so maybe there could be a 3rd season to end it?

Tbh I would even be happy with totally random episodes as long as Watanuki and co. were as dynamic and interesting as always.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 21:30   Link #452
onigiri
....always have hope =)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer View Post
I haven't read the manga yet but isn't there enough material to work with?
At the moment, the manga is at the period in which Kohane-chan is still quite the "main" subject in the arcs (the anime's "happy ending" is not in the manga).

What ever that had happened in episode 11 and 12, if I remember correctly, actually happened before Watanuki meets Kohane-chan..I think

Plus the recent chapters are quite interconnected with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle....and because the anime doesn't include it..I don't think there really is much for the anime to cover =(

As for episode 12 (warning: SPOILERS!!)

omg, Tanpopo in the manga was cute but......animated version of tanpopo is SOOO ADORABLE <3 .

My favourite parts include Watanuki's and Tanpopo's mini staring contest, and when Watanuki give's Tanpopo its name =3

I absolutely love the music more and more as I watch each episode. The music made me tear up all over again at some parts of the episode...oh the angst~!!

Gotta love CLAMP (and of course Production IG too)
onigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 22:16   Link #453
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

watching 12 now. Watanuki <3<3
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 08:39   Link #454
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That is sad to know

Makes me want to pick up the manga just for the fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juventas View Post
I disagree. Without fear, how can you call someone brave? It's only when you do something you have to do despite fear that you can consider someone brave. If a person isn't afraid, then he is either stupid, ignorant, and/or knows he can handle the job.

I think Watanuki is very brave.
I guess that's a point. But he sure does like to express his fears a lot even though he does end up doing what he is most afraid of. That does take courage but it is the part of him that shows fear which makes him seem like a coward fair enough if it doesn't actually mean that he is one.

Old 2008-06-20, 17:18   Link #455
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's almost been a day after episode 12 airing, where the hell is White Manju Bun? D:
Old 2008-06-20, 19:55   Link #456
karumofin

i dont understand how holic has started at the same time as this tsubasa manga and they already used up all the material...
just seems strange to me.
but well, we can always hope there will be another movie in between, because as far as im concerned the first holic movie was brilliant.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 23:09   Link #457
onigiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
i dont understand how holic has started at the same time as this tsubasa manga and they already used up all the material...
just seems strange to me.
but well, we can always hope there will be another movie in between, because as far as im concerned the first holic movie was brilliant.
Hahaha yea it's weird, they both started at the same time, but the xxxholic manga is literally much shorter compared to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, it's really CLAMP's decision on how fast they draw and such

But I think another reason why the anime used up the material so quickly is (SPOILER ALERT..sorta) that they cut out anything that's related to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, to be specific...any crossovers with Tsubasa

Which is quite dissapointing in some sense (as seen from my previous "complainy" nOoOooo~ posts) since the mangas now are really closely woven together (in a cool way of course ). Any Tsubasa fan who wants to know more info have to read xxxholic now, any xxxholic fan will be a bit confused if they don't read Tsubasa. I'm glad I'm reading both
Old 2008-06-21, 22:48   Link #458
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Actually this way (no crossover) works better. As someone who hasn't read either manga, I can follow the episodes quite nicely. This way is better for the DVD buyers.
Old 2008-06-22, 16:51   Link #459
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onigiri View Post
any xxxholic fan will be a bit confused if they don't read Tsubasa. I'm glad I'm reading both
That's not all true. I know a few people who're reading xxxholic and not TC, and they have no prolems at all. CLAMP have done it so one's not 100% needed to enjoy one alone.
Old 2008-06-22, 22:01   Link #460
onigiri

Quote:
That's not all true. I know a few people who're reading xxxholic and not TC, and they have no prolems at all. CLAMP have done it so one's not 100% needed to enjoy one alone.
well it really depends on where they are in the manga

Generally I agree with you too, it's just that recently there are moments when there are major crossovers. For someone who doesn't read Tsubasa may not be confused, but they may be curious to know what's really going on

There are several moments when I'm reading the manga, when I wonder "This is kinda weird, what if someone who doesn't read Tsubasa reads this?"

Tags
seinen, supernatural