AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 24.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-17, 16:22   Link #81
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

ROFL this episode is WTF -_-"

Developement for Selvaria's past and how maximilliam take her is fast and annoying .
Max : "Selvaria , the name of this flower . That"ll be your name from now on .(Selvaria blush)
Work for me . Come with me Selvaria ." end .......... lulz
Don't see in what max is awesome .

Yeah , Selvaria vs Alicia .... and the end SS mode for Alicia , Selvaria loose after beating many times Alicia then explode in nuke omg ...
Well , glad that the general and cie are dead .
Squad 7 finally decided to apologize to Alicia ..

The big surprise is Cordelia who wasn't a valkyria but a Darcsen . Wow , it explains why she didn't used the weapon .
Old 2009-09-17, 16:42   Link #82
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post

The big surprise is Cordelia who wasn't a valkyria but a Darcsen . Wow , it explains why she didn't used the weapon .
Well actually she can wield them but it does not amplify her "darcsen" power like a valkyr and make her seiyajin style.
Old 2009-09-17, 18:38   Link #83
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
This episode deserves my highest Fabio rating since it's existence a couple episodes ago.
2 1/2 Fabiostars!

Pros
1)Better pacing
2)More action less moping around.

Cons
1)Damon died..... (Made an avatar of him just in case anyone wants to pay tribute.)

2)No Fabio appearance
3)Cheesy fight scene.

Soo the entire intro op scenes were made up huh ~_~?
I'm with you with the rating. No Fabio = Fail for me. LONG LIVE FABIO! :P
Old 2009-09-17, 22:11   Link #84
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i love max in flash back, he is basically saying "hey from now on, you're my bitch"
Old 2009-09-18, 01:01   Link #85
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Don't see in what max is awesome .
He isn't, that's what makes Selvaria to me such a tragic character. l was hoping the anime would had given selvaria more character development then the game did.... sadly it never happen... so she will always remain a mindless tool who fell in love with a douche bag.
Old 2009-09-18, 01:20   Link #86
Sassarai
Army of One

If it makes you feel any better Manji, I think Maxi prefers men o_O. There's not a single guy in the world that would treat Selvaria like that!

Spoiler for Evidence:

Or we could just start a rumor that maxi like guys and it will spread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHat View Post
Thanks

NP. I tried to find the best screenshot I could of Damon looking his best. You know, all smugged up all all. Damm I miss his antics already.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-18 at 01:54.
Old 2009-09-18, 02:39   Link #87
MagicHat

He is her knight in shining armor, the guy who rescued her and gave her a name, think that is viewed as enough by the writers to explain it. Would have been better to have a few scenes between his discovering her and the war and used those to shape why she loved him

While the animie Maximilian has better hair, felt the game one was better as a possible love interest, comes across as more intelligent, calmer, a redeeming quality or two and had wonderful blue eyes.
Old 2009-09-18, 03:36   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
He isn't, that's what makes Selvaria to me such a tragic character. l was hoping the anime would had given selvaria more character development then the game did.... sadly it never happen... so she will always remain a mindless tool who fell in love with a douche bag.
Maximilian was the first one to give her hope and a purpose, so i wouldn't call her a mindless tool.

You know, i just can't help but laugh at how insanely pointless the anime original material of having Selvaria and Alicia knowing each other from the past was.
Old 2009-09-18, 08:22   Link #89
KariOhki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You know, i just can't help but laugh at how insanely pointless the anime original material of having Selvaria and Alicia knowing each other from the past was.
It was pretty pointless. It's not like Alicia kept Selvie alive and they became BFFs. It didn't even add any conflict to the fight >>
Old 2009-09-18, 08:29   Link #90
kalbron

I guess it was probably meant to add a dimension of tragedy/despair to their battle given that they were supposedly both raised under similar circumstances so their fighting should never have occured.

Of course, it was way too poorly tacked on at the last minute to achieve that, but still.
Old 2009-09-18, 13:07   Link #91
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Maximilian was the first one to give her hope and a purpose, so i wouldn't call her a mindless tool

He may have given her purpose...still doesn't mean she wasn't a mindless tool. She never questioned his motives....she never spoke her mind...she did whatever she was told to do like a mindless tool.

Douche bag: Selvaria go kill a cow and make me a burger, oh yeah not just any cow....but the ones with eight nipples......

Selvaria: ...... Yes my lord.....
Old 2009-09-19, 03:09   Link #92
xKeen

I didn't want selvaria to get wiped off :l
Anyway that was a huge ass tank,moving at high speeds and the castle had only a little nudge?
And,cheesy fight scenes makes me embarrassed to recommend animes.
Old 2009-09-19, 06:06   Link #93
Joe_fh

Another week another episode that made no sense.
Ok that was a bit extreme since the plot actually moved. In fact it moved a bit fast. Anyways here's my take on the main points in this episode.

The battle. Well it was well animated. Compared to other episode this one had a really high animation quality. It was interesting to see the flashback didn't do a thing. I mean why waste screen time with things that don't move the story forward or contribute to it at all. Half the flashback was seen in a previous episodes.

Oh and why didn't Selvaria kill Alicia. She had the upper hand most of the battle, she wanted to win, had so much power left and still didn't kill her. There was no point in holding back right? Alicia was doing it because at the begining she thought she had no reason to fight.

Oook why did Selvaria nuke herself? The reason she gave was a bit stupid. She said she lost her value when she lost or something of the sort and yet she believed in Maximilian. That was really strange. It's like admiting someone uses you as a tool and still beliving he thinks of you as a human with feelings. She could have fled the scene. It's not like that was the last stand. If she was a live she could have atacked again later. If she takes out the armed forces and the regular soldiers Alicia wouldn't do much alone since there would be no one to give her orders and she doesn't really want to fight that much. That was quite the big plot hole there. They could have made Selvaria's death and character a lot better.

The scene lacked the emotional impact a death of a main character should carry. Still the tear in the end was a nice touch.

Maximilian should have reacted in a more calm way when he learned the truth. From what was shown up to thet part he wasn't the kind of guy to do that. He always seemed to take things in his stride and didn't care much. Always stayed calm. But oh well. That was and interesting moment. Never saw it coming XD

Squad 7 finally recognised Alicia as their friend...again. That should have happened a lot faster but that was discussed in the previous threads so I won't say it again. Welkin is still a weak character for a lead.

N-No...Faldio?

And what was with that tank O.o
It' was so big...how the hell was it moving like that. and why didn't anyone notcie it before - it was huge. And it seemed it was really close to the city. that was really funny XD From a realistic point of view such a weapon is a total fail. If it's this big it's easy to hit from long range and thus it's easy to cripple it's movements. And after that all that's left to finish it off. It's like the huge battleships in WWII that were really huge and overpowered but they were taken down with a similar tactic. On a battlefield the combination of speed, information and firepower is the things that make a tank good.

I wonder if anyone will read all that
Overall the episode wasn't that bad comapred to the episode this far.
So two episode left eh?
Old 2009-09-19, 06:12   Link #94
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

On the issue of battleships, they were taken down by aircraft launched from aircraft carriers. Without those carriers around, I dare you to face those ships with a conventional navy. Besides, those ships never moved alone; they were too valuable.
Old 2009-09-19, 06:45   Link #95
Joe_fh

The introduction of Aircraft cariers ans U-boats put an end to the battleships as important navy units. But that was during the second half of WWII. Thus nowdays such ships do not exists. It's true they were well protected but they were also armed well enough to deal with all sorts of threats. Still they could be sunk with that sort of strategy. One of the clearest examples was the sinking of Bismarck.

But that's kind of off-topic
Old 2009-09-19, 08:10   Link #96
Sassarai
Army of One

Hmm funny or stupid?

Spoiler for fight scene critic:
Old 2009-09-19, 08:12   Link #97
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

KW aside, that was some QUALITY drawing I saw. WTF?
Old 2009-09-19, 09:47   Link #98
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Hmm funny or stupid?

Spoiler for fight scene critic:
Alicia looks like a man in that picture.
Old 2009-09-19, 11:11   Link #99
Sassarai
Army of One

I think Alicia looks more like a ninja turtle there.

BTW How cool is Damon to bust out the beach chair and binoculars to view the fight?

Spoiler for damon:
Old 2009-09-19, 11:53   Link #100
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
BTW How cool is Damon to bust out the beach chair and binoculars to view the fight?

Spoiler for damon:
He's missing the shades and coctail drink.
Closed Thread