AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: School Rumble S2 Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 42 24.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 27.01%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 20.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 8.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.57%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.15%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-06, 12:37   Link #21
retardation
phantom loser

season 2 did not really do much for me. there's about 1 developed item in the entire show and even though it's just a comedy it needs some kind of plot to pull it along. also a show like this that has so much stuff going on with the main characters having to have filler doesn't make much sense to me. i'll still watch the third season though
Old 2006-10-07, 16:55   Link #22
Autophage
Inciteful

Overall (8)

I won't repeat everyone else on the quality of the VAs, animation (above industry standard), and musical scores (good), but I do want to hit on the criticism of this season for not "developing" as much as some would like.

I'll just make this simple. This season was only a halfway point between the beginning and the end of the entire story. Since Media Factory has said "School Rumble will continue," we can safely assume there will be a third and final season covering the third and final school year for the cast in the show. Going on that, I believe stating that something didn't develop in this season is premature, since the whole story has not been told. A smart storyteller doesn't give his reader what they want until everything has finished.

I ask everyone to look at all great trilogies in cinema history and tell me what always happens at the end of the second movie?

Answer: the final cliffhanger/ cop-out/ continuation development before everything comes to a close in the final story.

So going on that, it's kinda funny watching a jig-saw piece getting criticized for not being the whole puzzle. It reminds me of this Penny Arcade strip where the artist depicts some fat retard yelling at a dog for not being a cat (making reference to an X-box-only RPG review).

At the very least this show is a great comedy, and worst, an average romance.
Old 2006-10-07, 18:06   Link #23
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Sorry for not giving a clear explanation but i gave it an 9.

Dunno about you guys but i enjoy watching School Rumble both 1 season & 2 every week it comes out. The fact that their relation is very slowly improving is (in my opinion) part of the comedy.

The fact that we (who watch or read it) are 1000x smarter then Harima makes it a comedy.

The animation was nice, sound was good, as for script....i dont read the manga so i wouldnt know....the fact that i was entertained every week is enough for me. And if i am correct...Comedy is the first priority of this show...then Romance etc. etc.

Cant wait till season 3 starts or will start...

Anyway probably like most guys here...i hope he puts Tenma out of his mind and will focus himself on Eri. When they meet...it's always fun
Old 2006-11-03, 14:36   Link #24
DribCC

Send a message via AIM to DribCC Send a message via MSN to DribCC
The seconde season was great! My favorit episode was the hour long special where the spoofed all the tv shows from SR. But the final episode was crap and if there inst a third season that sepisode will suffice as a seires finale
Old 2006-11-29, 01:56   Link #25
ReinhartX

to be honest here im quite disappointed with the ending...its just an " alls well tat ends well ending " after 52 episodes nothing has changed....its still harima going after tenma going after karasuma.....ichijou n imadori has no improvements as well.....its just a drag....the only part i enjoyed was the war game n cultural festival and teh sad part was the part where little yakumo and tenma part....the rest didnt really leave a big impression on me.....i was hoping at least one of them gets together....well if theres season 3....will see...if not....
Old 2006-12-13, 15:19   Link #26
HappyStealer

first season was much better but I enjoyed the second season. Tenma/Harima parts were kinda bleh but yakumo/eri/harima parts were great. Think my favorite part of season 2 was the eating the riceball from both eri and tenma. That really made me laugh because it was too crazy for me. Poor harima, knockout from tenma. LOL I give this season a 8. Hopefully, can't wait for the third season.
Old 2007-03-29, 22:04   Link #27
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Still a dozen one way crushes....I wonder if anyone will get who they want.

There are like six people who like each other and everyone else likes someone who likes someone else. Kinda pissed me off actually. Watch when it ends that everyone gets with people no one thought would get together. Or no one gets anyone.
Old 2007-04-09, 07:11   Link #28
A_AQUARE

not 2 say anythin but compared 2 season 1 it ain as satisfiying!!!(althou i said it)
Old 2007-04-13, 05:32   Link #29
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Man I'm late to this thread...but since I keep on re-watching some episodes...

Animation Quality: 8
Animation is usually quite smooth. Like someone said before - the Initial D part was greatly animated. So I give it a 8.

VAs: 9.5
Would've given it a 10 - but I'll be too bias maybe. One of the best VA casts ever that I know - even when Ichijou's first VA, Nanri Yuuka, decided that singing > voiceacting and got replaced by MAKO in the second season, the newcomer did quite a good job keeping Ichijou alive. *nods*

But for sure, FUNimation would have a very very tough job finding VAs for Harima and Tenma - their Japanese counterparts can probably voice them in their sleep now.

Script (based on fillers): 7.5
Umm...oh so so lame - but it's the type of lameness that gives humour I guess. And since they did a Iron Chef/Yakitate Japan parody episode…hmm…I give it a 7.5 then. ^^

Adaptation from Novels: 7
(Very still pissed that they didn’t put Harima saying thank you to Eri when she helped him around Christmas time and the unnecessary filler parts) But since they added the imitation-Tenma scene which I didn’t remember in the manga - unless I skipped it, and the ‘flashback’ Yakumo has at the last episode about her and Tenma being kids is wonderfully done - so…umm…

Music: 9
Even though I hugely miss the first season OP - Tokito Ami did an excellent job singing the OP/ED1. Hardly skip it when I watch all 26 episodes. ED2 - two words: Instant win.

OST is also quite nice. For me to listen to it over a few times as a whole is a good accomplishment. =)

Overall rating (average mark): 8.2
Old 2007-09-28, 16:58   Link #30
X10A_Freedom

Animation Quality: 7
The Animation itself was average, since there was nothing outstanding about the colours or the smoothness. However, the series uses multiple art styles cleverly to express the characters' feelings which pushes the mark to 7.

Voice Actors: 9
I've found the voice acting to be exceptionally good for all the cast. They really do their comedy roles very well. I personally preferred Nanri Yuuka to MAKO for Ichijou. Yuuka had a timid, yet firm sort of voice, while MAKO had a timid and insecure kind.

Script: 9
To put it simply I cannot get enough of the jokes! It's essentially the script which makes this series so awesome and stupidly funny!

Editing: 7
Season 2 had some of the very best and the very worst episodes of the whole series. The fillers were painfully bad, which pulls down the score from a 9.

As for character development, we saw the (hidden) ties and feelings between the characters grow which was very nice to see. As for the lack of actual progress...progress means the end! School Rumble lives on turning misunderstandings into something big and funny. As long as the jokes don't become dry, I won't be complaining. On a related note, I found Ah! My Goddess a little dry and boring at times because pretty much all was well between the main couple. We just know whatever happens, they'll still be together while it's the complete opposite in School Rumble.

Overall comes out as an 8.

Last edited by X10A_Freedom; 2007-09-28 at 17:10. Reason: grammar, new thoughts
Old 2008-04-19, 09:28   Link #31
Kristen
*Author

Well, I picked up this series in January, because I felt like I needed a wholesome comedy. I was expecting something light and cheerful, something like Manabi straight or Lucky Star, but not something that would really make me laugh. I watched 9 episodes, and gosh, I was pretty into it already. It was just genius all around, and I don't think I've laughed so much in any movie or television show at any time.
Then I stopped for whatever reason, and didn't pick it up until April. That kind of made me wonder why I stopped to begin with.

Season 2 was a bit of a disappointment for me, especially the early stages. Like, I know this is a wholesome comedy, and things are in there without making sense for the purpose of comedy (See: Harima's animals). But there were some things that were just... off. Like, why did Tenma have two birthdays? And, why did everyone return to life after the survival game? I would have accepted the survival game after Akira was showing the video and the teacher replied "That was some good footage you showed," but thn we see the teacher lecturing the students for trying something like that.
If there is a reason, I wish that they would have at least explained it. Like, if it was paintball guns or water guns with red dye, or what...
Beyond the impossibilities, season 2 seemed to have a little more of a schitzophrenic storyline than season 1. But, there's nothing wrong with that. I wasn't expecting any sort of storyline to begin with.

Now one thing that really stuck out to me was the music. There were just so many good pieces in here. Yakumo's theme, the dramatic theme, the electric organ, just everything. I mean, it's definately nothing of EF's standards, but this is definately a soundtrack I'm going to try and get. And I've never seen a show able to have two completely contrasting OPs and 4 contrasting EDs, and have all of them sound good. From comedic songs in the OP of season one to a very normal OP in the second season, I felt no nostalgia at all. And all four EDs just built up, one better than the last. With the second season, they also seemed to change it at just the right time. You had a very melodic and depressing fall song, trying to show a lot of nostalgia for what had come, and it was a great idea. After all, School Rumble to me is supposed to make you nostalgic of your own high school days, and fall is supposed to make you nostalgic for the summer. And then as soon as it changed to winter, they changed to the Tenma-Yakumo song, which was just perfect, especially for Imadori in the middle of the wheel. It was a very wintry song, reminding me of heating vents and kotatsus.

They just had to have a swimsuit episode, naturally.

One great thing about school rumble is that there's apparently filler, from what I've read of other people's comments. But the writers are extremely good, so I couldn't even tell what was the filler and what was the original content. There was just one episode... I think it was like 23 or so of S2... that I could tell was a filler episode. It's all incredibly hilareous, regardless, and completely seemless in meshing all of it together.

And, seriously, I'm lesbian for Yakumo. No ifs, ands, or buts. She was the perfect character, the type I want to be one day, played by the perfect voice actress.

Overall, since this is an S2 thread, I can't give this a super high score because S2 couldn't compare to S1. But it was definately better than normal, so I'll give S2 an 8. S1 got a 9.
Old 2008-10-29, 16:37   Link #32
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
8/10...while it was funny at times, I just wanted more romance development.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-07-07, 23:21   Link #33
hitenlee

release the School rumble Season 3!!!
Old 2010-07-08, 05:58   Link #34
Solafighter
Hige

The 3rd season is already out, buddy. Cramped into two episodes.
Old 2010-07-08, 10:52   Link #35
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Go here

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=71589
Old 2010-07-08, 22:14   Link #36
hitenlee

Yah... they released a too cheap series.. it just like a whole cake they have then only they gave a pieces of bread... T_T
Old 2010-07-09, 01:30   Link #37
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Summaries Rhymes with MAMARIES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7iBw2-S1Ts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3f5m6bqV8I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ugjLQA7Vhw

You need not to ask why no one subbed this.
Old 2010-07-09, 07:21   Link #38
hitenlee

wohoooo... to bad i can't understand a jap language.... are they planing to make anime and release the episode??? i hope so ... hahahah ^^
Closed Thread