AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-30, 06:30   Link #1241
miketyson

Anime-fan10: Yeah, it's shounen. "Shounen" is more about which demographic something's targeted at and where it was published than the actual content, and Mirai Nikki is *definitely* a shounen manga.

You're not wrong that the content is different from many of the more famous shounens -- eg, it's pretty different from any of the "big 3" -- but it's definitely not a real seinen work (the writing level is *definitely* not at an adult level, even though the story touches on adult themes).

warita: the stuff with Yukiteru's dad will definitely make more sense after another episode or two, so hang in there. In the manga iirc you kinda have to put a couple of the pieces together yourself, but all the pieces are (eventually) there; it's the kind of thing I could see this adaption making more explicit.

As a non-spoiler "spoiler": the stuff with Marco and Ai this week seems to be setting up their omake from the manga, which is one of my favorites (...still waiting on/hoping for the 10th's, sigh).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 08:04   Link #1242
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
I enjoy this anime so much and the last episode was so good. The plot and pace of the anime continues to impress me. I was hoping someone could clear something up for me. I noticed this anime is under the category of Shounen. I consider a lot of the material to be that of seinen since morality plays a big part and there is romance involved. Thank you to anyone that clears this up for me.
Like the above posts say, "shounen" is not a subjective view.
It is not content that determines it, otherwise everyone would have their own definition.

Where the manga is published, therefore the demographics it's aimed at, determines it.
Mirai Nikki ran in Monthly Shounen Ace. Therefore it's shounen.
Likewise, nothing ever published in Weekly Shounen Jump would be considered anything other than shounen.
Old 2012-01-30, 09:29   Link #1243
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Bwahahaha XD From what Yuki has shown the entire anime, I would never think that his father would be so pervy I guess Yuki just took more of his mothers side The start had me smiling the entire time, and not just because of the thought of Minene sitting on top of someone But...Yuki's dad looked more like a rapist if anything when clutching onto Minene

Ohhhh, seeing Ai the way she was at the start of the episode changed my opinion of her. She's no killer! She just wants someone to love! How adorable It appears that sevenths diary does have some flaws afterall, eh? You can't hide it from your partner

After seeing that scene, Marco and Ai (Seventh) Don't actually look like the villians. They just seem like an average couple trying to make it through their relationship. Their good people to each other.

I'm just loving Yuki and Yuki's dad in this episode And to top it off, Minene is joining in on the fun XD But woah, Yuno! Stop grabbing knife and jumping to conclusion everytime someone new comes into Yuki's life! Then again, i'm surprised she didn't try to attack Minene. Yuno doesn't really trust her does she?

Holy hell I didn't expect that. What kind of selfish father is Yuki's dad!? My good feelings towards him have now gone down the drain. Ok Yuno, go ahead, get a knife and activate psycho mode and kill him!

*A few moments later, I see Yuno's psycho eye*

Ok, ok that's too psycho for me, calm down Yuno, calm down! But you can't really blame Yuki's dad, he has no idea that destroying the phone will kill Yuki.
Old 2012-01-30, 11:14   Link #1244
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

A great ep once again ! I don't know what to think of Yukki's dad. Does he know the truth or not ? It it's not the case, then I can undertand. However if he knows the truth, Yuno can stab him !

Btw, I hope he'll choose Yuno's hand :3

Minene is great as always too !

Damn, this serie has so many great chara ! Can't wait for the next one !
Old 2012-01-30, 11:58   Link #1245
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Oh.... and how abou the ending? Did anybody get it? Why would the 7ths want Yukkis dad? Either I failed to understand something here, or it will be revealed in the next episode.
Kurou was being ordered by eleventh to destroy Yukki's phone in order to have his debts erased... I think it was eleventh, can't remember what number they said it was? Nevertheless he is connected with one of the diary owners and they want him because of that connection. That's what I surmised out of it anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San
A great ep once again ! I don't know what to think of Yukki's dad. Does he know the truth or not ? It it's not the case, then I can undertand. However if he knows the truth, Yuno can stab him !
Its hard to say... I'm going to say no, that he thinks it's just a cellphone that has some important info on it and that's why they want it destroyed. He probably has no idea of the repercussions, since he told Yukki that he would buy him a new one . I'm kinda sad that his dad turned out to be such a scoundrel... so much for all that father-son bonding time.

My favourite part in this episode is seeing the sevenths acting like a regular couple in love. It was cute to see despite all their criminal actions, they seriously love each other. I wonder what their motive is to do all of this...
Old 2012-01-30, 13:01   Link #1246
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by julez View Post
. I'm kinda sad that his dad turned out to be such a scoundrel... so much for all that father-son bonding time.
If what you said it's true (because I don't know if he was really honest) then he wants his cellphone for the sake of his family.
Old 2012-01-30, 13:10   Link #1247
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
My favourite part in this episode is seeing the sevenths acting like a regular couple in love. It was cute to see despite all their criminal actions, they seriously love each other. I wonder what their motive is to do all of this...
So they won't die? Being together is sort of an impossibility when you're dead.

Nevertheless, I really like them too. And I sort of hate the anime for doing that. I can't stand loving couples being broken apart because they're on the enemy side. Ray and Charles...why?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:24   Link #1248
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
i finally got around to watching the 1st episode of Mirai Nikki.

When i first heard the voice of the male protagonist Yukiteru I thought hey he sounds like a girl and based on myanimelist.net he is being voiced by a girl. I don't get why they chose a girl to voice Yuki and I kinda dislike Yuki voice.
It's very common to have female VAs for male teenagers, as for Yukiteru he doesn't only sound girly, but behaves too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Just passing to say the second volume of the series is out and well, the uncensored parts are quite gross, some screeshots here.
Uncensoring the gangrape results, made it even more mortifying... I approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Wow,the anime is giving me what the manga didn't:9th's tits in all their glory !
that EYE
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:37   Link #1249
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
If what you said it's true (because I don't know if he was really honest) then he wants his cellphone for the sake of his family.
Yeah, but then why couldn't he just be straight with Yukiteru and ask him for it? Assuming that he has good intentions and is oblivious to it all, if he explained he wanted to destroy it to erase his debt and bring the family together again he should know that Yukiteru would've agreed to it (going with this assumption that it's nothing more than a cellphone, and he has no idea of the consequences of destroying it).
Hmm then again, he might have wanted to keep it from Yukiteru that he's made a deal with a shady individual.

Even though his prime objective is to erase his debt, I can't see it being because he wants the family to be reunited. He seems more than content with being single and able to hit on nurses freely I could be wrong though, I guess we'll see in future episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst
So they won't die? Being together is sort of an impossibility when you're dead.
Wow, why didn't I think of that, lol. That's probably it.
Old 2012-01-30, 13:43   Link #1250
miketyson

julez: mirai nikki is full of half-plotholes like "why not just ask Yukiteru for the phone?" (it also has true plot holes, but not as many). For stuff like that, you can usually think up a good reason for it -- e.g., the dad was told that it'd be bad if Yukiteru found out he wa trying to take his phone -- but there's no explicit in-story reason for why it happens that way.

Of course, the real reason that's how it went is that the author wanted the dad's betrayal to be a shocking surprise to Yukiteru, and there's no way for that to happen if dad just asked him for it upfront.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:49   Link #1251
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
that EYE
Wasn't that in the manga though (mosaic I think?) or am I just not remembering things correctly?
Old 2012-01-30, 13:53   Link #1252
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Yeah, but then why couldn't he just be straight with Yukiteru and ask him for it? Assuming that he has good intentions and is oblivious to it all, if he explained he wanted to destroy it to erase his debt and bring the family together again he should know that Yukiteru would've agreed to it (going with this assumption that it's nothing more than a cellphone, and he has no idea of the consequences of destroying it).
There is two reasons, why I think Yukkis dad is not so innocent, if not outright an ass.

1) He has 3 mio yen debt.... and somebody promises him to erase that debt, if he breaks sis sons mobile? And Yukkis dad doesnt stop to think, that there is something off about the offer?

2) When he was searching Yukkis hospital room for the mobile, he said something along the lines of: "If I find it, I will be able to live grand again for a while". This doesnt sound like somebody who just wants to get rid of debt to be able to return to his family would say, right?

I dont know how he got into such a huge debt, but I suspect he is irresponsible and cant restrain himself, when he wants something.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 14:11   Link #1253
Ray
Garnet

Yuki's dad is such a scumbag. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he doesn't know that breaking Yuki's phone will kill him, or well, erase him from existence. Still, he felt quite a scummy character, wanting to live 'grand' again.

Yuno looks awesome in that white dress of hers in the new OP. ;3
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 14:31   Link #1254
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
There is two reasons, why I think Yukkis dad is not so innocent, if not outright an ass.

1) He has 3 mio yen debt.... and somebody promises him to erase that debt, if he breaks sis sons mobile? And Yukkis dad doesnt stop to think, that there is something off about the offer?

2) When he was searching Yukkis hospital room for the mobile, he said something along the lines of: "If I find it, I will be able to live grand again for a while". This doesnt sound like somebody who just wants to get rid of debt to be able to return to his family would say, right?

I dont know how he got into such a huge debt, but I suspect he is irresponsible and cant restrain himself, when he wants something.
Ah good analysis. Now, I'm sure he's a scumbag.
Old 2012-01-30, 16:46   Link #1255
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Wasn't that in the manga though (mosaic I think?) or am I just not remembering things correctly?
page 55, but in the anime it is somewhat different better
Old 2012-01-30, 17:51   Link #1256
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yuki's dad is quite a piece of work. Some funny moments with the father and son pair. Obviously his dad doesn't know about the diaries, but him prioritizing his debt over his son's safety is pretty low. Glad Yuno found out he was a fake. Also nice job by her and recovering the real phones. Hopefully Yuki figures out that he need Yuno and grabs her hand. Mar and Ai are hilarious together.
Old 2012-01-30, 20:26   Link #1257
Luxuria

Kurou (Yuki's dad) perhaps was ordered not to tell any of the deal to Yuki, assuming that the deal was sealed with the Eleventh. If Kurou goes by explaining to Yukiteru why he would need to break his phone, Eleventh's plan and identity might be exposed. That's what Eleventh is preventing.

No spoilers, just assumptions.
Luxuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:24   Link #1258
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ok now yea now wonder which hand to go for yuki?

this week ep.16

meet yuki's dad seeing yuki getting trained by ninth & tried to horse but failed yet trying to fun with ninth but no.
give yuki thinking wishing to stars watching with parents.
so ninth put training with yuki & his dad while yuno watch
oh sevenths are looking yuki dairy give female 7 going about other woman for male 7?
during training yuki seem got it but his dad i got it even ninth siding with yuki dad in all training with yuno relax seeing yuki holding a knife.
one more training it a run give ninth reveal why yuki is weak cause yuki keep thinking he weak & also yuki's dad reveal his debt issues to cause divorce.
ninth & young cop some talk give ninth is doing this for right now & not the past cause "Nothing good comes from digging up the past.”
while yuno watch she see yuki's dad going on search & hear everything about yuki's dad is doing.
next day young cop meet big headed person to look around her area.
while yuki & his dad watching yuno being yuno til yuki going why cause of mention of debt.
then call from seventh wanting them & yuki's dad give yuno giving the "yuno eye" on yuki's dad.
so they meet sevenths all white punch yuki dad grab yuki then yuki's dad break phone but nothing happen.
cause yuno sense it was fake get phone back then boom which hand will yuki get???

murmur's extra on yuki dad give enter hospital meet nurse murmur mention his debt & murmur give wise advice saying give yuki dad ???

oh boy now what next?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 03:20   Link #1259
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I seriously feel terribly bad for Yukiteru, because he's sort of cornered between the wall and the sword.

Spoiler:

Now, there's a tiny but meaningful detail that Yukiteru care not to pay attention or brushed aside.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 03:49   Link #1260
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Now, there's a tiny but meaningful detail that Yukiteru care not to pay attention or brushed aside.
Spoiler:
^ What you are alluding to I believe is a recurring plot hole of the manga

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere