AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 00:03   Link #201
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Design wise, it's Katoki take on the Izubuchi's Hamma Hamma but storywise it's a rework of it by Frontal's Neo Zeon.

Those funnels, which looks a lot like the Roses Bit from G, can act like Nu's I field when a few of them act togther and ,most importantly, has what is referred to Psycho Jamming ability programmed on board. So basically, it can rendered the Psychommu System of a NT MS useless if the MS is caught within the field of those Roses Bits.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 00:15   Link #202
gundam rider

holy smokes!! that thing looks like a Qubeley unit on steroids!?,

& the funnels? um kinda wahh its gundam rose...

hey its just U.C.,

anything can happen
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 00:19   Link #203
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That thing looks like the combined nightmares of everyone on the planet turned into a MS.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 00:44   Link #204
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
holy smokes!! that thing looks like a Qubeley unit on steroids!?,
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That thing looks like the combined nightmares of everyone on the planet turned into a MS.
Your replies betray your young age. I repeat, it's based on the Hamma Hamma of ZZ from way back to 1988 :-

And I don't believe any of the 2 of you were around back them
Old 2009-03-25, 00:47   Link #205
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I came a year later.
Old 2009-03-25, 00:51   Link #206
vbann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Design wise, it's Katoki take on the Izubuchi's Hamma Hamma but storywise it's a rework of it by Frontal's Neo Zeon.

Those funnels, which looks a lot like the Roses Bit from G, can act like Nu's I field when a few of them act togther and ,most importantly, has what is referred to Psycho Jamming ability programmed on board. So basically, it can rendered the Psychommu System of a NT MS useless if the MS is caught within the field of those Roses Bits.
Oh how I wish for a MG release...extremely wishful thinking
vbann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 01:02   Link #207
gundam rider

Quote:
Your replies betray your young age. I repeat, it's based on the Hamma Hamma of ZZ from way back to 1988 :-

And I don't believe any of the 2 of you were around back them
yo, i know that your telling its based on an old hamma hamma unit,

seriously, we were just describing on how awsome the appearence of the unit looks

hmm, now i wonder how that Rozen-Zulu suit would look like as a 3D model....
Old 2009-03-25, 03:45   Link #208
JayCee
Enigma

Not sure about you guys but I'm not loving the Rozen Zulu's long snout. Would have been better off using a head similar to Kshatriya. As for the claws...would prefer a proper hand to be honest. Not to say it doesn't look menacing in any way. Just seems a bit awkward in design. The rest is beautifully executed. Just the head and claws I don't quite agree with. Maybe I could try modding it if they ever release a MG one
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 03:48   Link #209
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Long snouts are the signature appearances of Zeon mobile suits, starting way back from the Zaku itself.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 03:58   Link #210
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
Not sure about you guys but I'm not loving the Rozen Zulu's long snout. Would have been better off using a head similar to Kshatriya. As for the claws...would prefer a proper hand to be honest. Not to say it doesn't look menacing in any way. Just seems a bit awkward in design. The rest is beautifully executed. Just the head and claws I don't quite agree with. Maybe I could try modding it if they ever release a MG one
If you look at where the Suit's coming from and it's previous incarnation, it perfectly fine the way it is. Hell, it's even an improvement !
Old 2009-03-25, 04:01   Link #211
JayCee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Long snouts are the signature appearances of Zeon mobile suits, starting way back from the Zaku itself.
Correction zaku's snout isn't as long. I'd much prefer the snout on a zaku then that. The snout on it compared to a normal zaku is comparing an ant eater and a elephant

Quote:
If you look at where the Suit's coming from and it's previous incarnation, it perfectly fine the way it is. Hell, it's even an improvement !
If you're comparing it to what the nearest thing looks like then yes it is an improvement. However I'm looking at it as a suit in general. Not comparing it to where it's original source to which to be honest we're all just basing it on what we rationalise and not on hard facts from the publisher.

Everyone has a different opinion I guess. Not my cup of tea though
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 04:21   Link #212
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
Correction zaku's snout isn't as long. I'd much prefer the snout on a zaku then that. The snout on it compared to a normal zaku is comparing an ant eater and a elephant
Hmmm they look almost as long as each other's: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msgundam/ms-05b.htm

My point was long snout, not how long their snouts are in comparison.

Old 2009-03-25, 06:49   Link #213
Glio

What exactly is the difference between a psycommu system, and the psychoframe?
Glio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 07:03   Link #214
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glio View Post
Psycommu or Psycho Communication System is an interface for NT pilots to access NT Weaponaries.

Psycoframe is a technology bulit upon the Psycommu System where it's basically a piece of metal consisting of microscopic-sized psycommu receptor chips. The Sazabi and Nu were the first Suits to use it where the entire cockpit of the both of them were made up entirely of Psycoframe.

Now the Unicorn and Banshee were different in the sense that almost the entire Suit were made up of Psycoframe instead of just the cockpit. You can see how the Psyoframe manifest itself in their NT-D mode by their red and golden glow repectively.
Old 2009-03-25, 07:07   Link #215
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glio View Post
A psycommu system is any system that works by utilising a Newtype's brainwaves to control various functions.

Bits and Funnels, the most common psycommu system weaponary, it allows wireless extreme long range control of remote weaponary with extraordinary precision using the mind.

Another psycommu system is the Psychoframe.

The Psychoframe allows the Newtype pilot to control the MS's body frame with its mind, providing much higher precision than normal piloting controls. It also allows much more sophisticated movements that you can't do with normal controls.

Old 2009-03-25, 07:17   Link #216
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The Psychoframe allows the Newtype pilot to control the MS's body frame with its mind, providing much higher precision than normal piloting controls. It also allows much more sophisticated movements that you can't do with normal controls.
Not to mention it allows NT Miracles to be performed by even the most latent of NTs. Hell, in the novel of CCA, the unborn child of Amuro blocks Beams and talks telepathically with just a sample the of a palm size Psycoframe Beltorchika was holding.
Old 2009-03-25, 10:19   Link #217
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Not to mention it allows NT Miracles to be performed by even the most latent of NTs. Hell, in the novel of CCA, the unborn child of Amuro blocks Beams and talks telepathically with just a sample the of a palm size Psycoframe Beltorchika was holding.
Holy crap this somehow reminds me of the Skywalker family and their aptitude with the force.

Old 2009-04-04, 13:20   Link #218
gundam rider

silly question: what type power source does the thruster/booster-rocket propulsion units ran on of a MS/MA unit?

especialy in the U.C. timelines....

is it by using a fuel source? or is it using the power directly from the main reactors?.....

or its something else?...........

& also, are ship's propusion systems are using the same concept that is said above?.......
Old 2009-04-04, 20:10   Link #219
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
silly question: what type power source does the thruster/booster-rocket propulsion units ran on of a MS/MA unit?

especialy in the U.C. timelines....

is it by using a fuel source? or is it using the power directly from the main reactors?.....

or its something else?...........

& also, are ship's propusion systems are using the same concept that is said above?.......
I always assumed the MS and MA used propulsion from the fusion reactor. Why use burnable fuel when you have an entire nuclear reactor?
Old 2009-04-04, 20:57   Link #220
Kirouni

Nah, it runs off of liquid propellant. At least in OYW standards, the Gundams of 08th MS team, and Zakus relied on propellant to perform jumps. It's brought up a few times in 08th Team, and that's what sticks out most to me. Probably because they made a bigger deal out of it than in any other series.

Also from 08th team, the mass production GMs were powered by a nuclear fusion reactor, so I'm assuming that's a standard.

Oh and even though you have an electric propulsion system, it still requires something to force out and create thrust. Most of the time it's a stable gas, like xenon. It's really complex actually :O and it goes down to an atomic level. Haha, I used to think that too, but I learned about electric propulsion systems the other day in my propulsion lab.
Kirouni is offline   Reply With Quote