5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-29, 21:13   Link #621
Ypocaramel

I wonder if there'll be a new Meister for Gundam #4/5. Or if Tieria will remote control it from Veda with Haro acting as a pilot in case of interference.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:16   Link #622
akumakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
let me hear your reason for giving this a 1/10. Don't jump to the conclusion that everyone is too "one sided". It was definitely not that bad, i loved it. And...won't it just be another movie? Not another whole series? The cliffhanger was for the movie, not anotehr series...i don't see how they can possibly make another series out of aliens and gundam so...i don't see how your 1/10 rating makes that much sense. You're being too "one-sided" yourself.
Bold part:
I think you misunderstood. When I said gives way to another gundam series, I actually meant another one, not a sequel to 00. hehe why would I want an spin off for a series I didn't like. The movie part was mentioned because its highly unlikely that they would show another series of gundam before the 00 movie comes out.

Back to your question:

well if you scroll back few pages, you can see other people such as myself who were not pleased with this eps raised quite few points, and most just brushed it off. So I say to you why should I bother to post anything of such when I already know what my answer in return will be.

Since you asked then I'll tell you the major problem I had with this eps:

1)the lack of explanation of how Setsuna or for that matter Patrick survived from the explosion? and please don't use the immortal thing.

2)What was CB's founder true plan? Was it really changing the humanity to innovators? If so, who gave him the right to choose the humanity's future for them? I thought the CB's goal was to liberate people from control not put their own idea on them literally.

3)What is the purpose of keeping veda or CB now? I thought they were going to pay for their sins when this conflict finished.

Nottin changed on earth they just shifted the power from one group to another. I don't even want to get into why ribbons got into 0gundam, which I think the better question should be what was is doing out there in the first place? I admit that I'm being one sided too since for the first time I actually wanted the gundam side to lose.

And to the person who thought I was trolling, just because you thought the eps was flawless doesn't mean it actually was.
akumakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:28   Link #623
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
It seemed to hint that there was activity on Jupiter, likely bad guys trying to create true GN-Drives.
Are you talking back in S1 where they found the purple Haro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumakage View Post
Bold part:
I think you misunderstood. When I said gives way to another gundam series, I actually meant another one, not a sequel to 00. hehe why would I want an spin off for a series I didn't like. The movie part was mentioned because its highly unlikely that they would show another series of gundam before the 00 movie comes out.

Back to your question:

well if you scroll back few pages, you can see other people such as myself who were not pleased with this eps raised quite few points, and most just brushed it off. So I say to you why should I bother to post anything of such when I already know what my answer in return will be.

Since you asked then I'll tell you the major problem I had with this eps:

1)the lack of explanation of how Setsuna or for that matter Patrick survived from the explosion? and please don't use the immortal thing.

2)What was CB's founder true plan? Was it really changing the humanity to innovators? If so, who gave him the right to choose the humanity's future for them? I thought the CB's goal was to liberate people from control not put your own idea on them literally.

3)What is the purpose of keeping veda or CB now? I thought they were going to pay for their sins when this conflict finished.

Nottin changed on earth they just shifted the power from one group to another. I don't even want to get into why ribbons got into 0gundam, which I think the better question should be what was is doing out there in the first place? I admit that I'm being one sided too since for the first time I actually wanted the gundam side to lose.

And to the person who thought I was trolling, just because you thought the eps was flawless doesn't mean it actually was.
1. It is freakng gag that went on for entire 00, not everything has to be serious. And seriously pilots surviving explosion is a common cliche in anime. You are just nip picking.

2. Watch the last episode and think, you will get the answer. His goal to make people understand each other and create unity among people. He also let people make their own choice, it is pretty clear in this episode's dialogue and Aeolia's speech when Trans-Am first came about.

3. Because conflict isn't over yet, all they did was defeat A-Laws and Ribbons. There could be more conflict such as in middle east which isn't still a part of
Federation.

All your problem are either nip picking or they have logical and simple explanation but you just didn't think about.
Also SF thought you were trolling not because you thought the episode was bad but because your previous post was basically definition of trolling.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:32   Link #624
DV04

I totally did not expect Exia to come out and I've heard of the Gundam 00 movie rumor (which is now confirmed!), so I was expecting Exia to be in that instead. The Reborn Cannon is a pretty sick mobile suit and it kinda looks like the Gundam Air Master from Gundam X. The final standoff between Exia and 0 Gundam reminded me of DBZ just because of how Exia was releasing all those GN Particles LOL.

The best part of this episode has to be Hallelujah just because of how badly he was owning Hilling. He was literally ripping things apart and I loved his "The Super Solider is back!" line. I think Lyle is the better Gundam Meister since he fought against stronger opponents. Besides, Neil was fighting mainly against Flags, Tierans, etc before the GN-X showed up. Don't get me wrong though since Neil was really impressive during his fight against Ali. Also Lyle's "That's how Celestial Being rolls" LOL

Near the end of the episode, we got to see clones of Anew, Devine, and Ribbons (I'm sure it's Ribbons since it looked more manly than Hilling). So I'm guessing they'll play a part in the movie somehow? Unless they're pulling a Transformers that they're living among Humans. So maybe they were activated by Tieria?

I'm confused about the situation on Jupiter, but I'm starting to think that maybe the unknown entity had something to do with that? Back in season 1, those guys found the purple Haro with data, but what is this data? And who were those guys? *headache* lol

Man... the movie is going to be out in 2010 and then we have to wait another year for the DVD to come out in Japan and several more months for the subs. ARGH!
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:38   Link #625
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

This is the episode that i liked the most among the whole show.It went straight to the point of wanting to change the world. Good thing they didn't use Marina's song via using it to save the world.The fight wasnt bad, i've always dream of a back-to-back MS and Ribbons cannon made it true.Halle return was nice but he got finished off too fast, wonder if he would fare better against the fangs if there were still wings on Arios.The best part imo was the ending; they didn't achieve total peace yet as well as the part which shows the childhood of humankind ends. Which means we'll get to see something interesting in the movie.Wonder if the 4 lights are 4 more true GN-Drive .
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:41   Link #626
DV04

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Wonder if the 4 lights are 4 more true GN-Drive .
Hmm, I totally did not think of that. I saw 5 (look at the center of Jupiter) stars when I watched the episode, but did not think of them being GN-Drives... interesting.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:42   Link #627
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumakage View Post
Setsuna, i have mixed feelings of... while i might have liked it for him to die, the fact that he is the first innovator makes it seem like he needs to live

as for Patrick... no one ever took his character seriously and he was never really portrayed as such... i mean, think about how he survived last time; the entire top half of the suit was destroyed, but it turned out that the cockpit of the GNX was located near the crotch... the idea that he somehow survived is not surprising; he was always the comic relief of the series and thus should remain that way; even his wedding was a bit humorous... it's kind of one of those things you should just roll with and have fun with
Quote:
2)What was CB's founder true plan? Was it really changing the humanity to innovators? If so, who gave him the right to choose the humanity's future for them? I thought the CB's goal was to liberate people from control not put their own idea on them literally.
According to VEDA, the plan was all meant to unite humanity and stop them taking war into outer space so that they could be on peaceful terms for alien life...

as for innovation... innovators might need more explanation... which could be part of the reason for the movie; i mean what's the point of the movie if there are no questions left to answer?

turning all humans into innovators may just have been a false assumption... it could be that the humans that turn into innovators only do so so that they can help build the future for the rest of the humans...

Quote:
From Saji's and Louise's conversation, it seems likely that CB realized that tey must be on look out for if humanity screws up again with keeping peace and avoiding conflict... VEDA will be needed for the "Dialogue" that Aeolia believed was coming in the future

Quote:
The power shift was important since it was a shift from corrupt rule, to a better rule

Ribbons used gundam 0 because he thought his Reborn gundam was too damaged to keep fighting... he's also obsessed with that GN Drive... really, he's a bit delusional in his whole "i am god" thing... so not only did he think he needed a new suit, but he also wanted to pilot it for more sentimental reasons...

Gundam 0 was floating there because it was left standing in a open door with no power left to move... if it was standing in the doorway that would mean that CB could not close the door and thus they needed to leave without closing it... this results in gundam 0 falling out of the ship and getting left behind... CB could also be thinking that they could pick it up later

And in a sense, the gundams did loose at the end of season 1... wanting them to looose in the end might be asking for too much though seeing as i don't thiink the gundam side had ever lost... would be a very nice twist, but your putting your expectations up to high to want it
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:01   Link #628
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Some of the reasons some people have given for giving this episode a poor review just don't click with me......like at all. Many seem so forced for the most part and motivated by outside factors or bizarre expectations. I really think some people are just pissed that this wasn't a bloodbath ending. Oh well....too each their own and really it's a great day to be a Gundam fan when you see most people so satisified with a recent series. This is how I wanted to end off Gundam 00. This to me alone makes up for what Destiny did to the franchise and it's fans in a lot of ways.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-03-29 at 22:16.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:05   Link #629
Divinegundam

10 for me nice wrap up....Hal was awesome

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:16   Link #630
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Hmm, I totally did not think of that. I saw 5 (look at the center of Jupiter) stars when I watched the episode, but did not think of them being GN-Drives... interesting.
Well there were a total of 11 green lights.The 4 being the brightest, i think its just a 'tactic they made' to make us feel hyped up about the movie, but then again we never know.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:16   Link #631
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
You ask people to not come up with silly explanations yet you don't really have one for Ribbons surviving the unit exploding.
One name, PATRICK! If you don't see a corpse, it is not dead.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:24   Link #632
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
One name, PATRICK! If you don't see a corpse, it is not dead.
So I guess Corner, Johann, Sergei, Nena, Wang, Goodman are all alive and well
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:25   Link #633
kakakka

People seems to forget, when it comes to dying, Patrick is an exception...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:50   Link #634
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
People seems to forget, when it comes to dying, Patrick is an exception...
Not only an exception, but also a surprise. I mean, this guy is willing to marry the most hardass woman in the world?

I wonder if that will eventually dent his immortal reputation.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:55   Link #635
kakakka

Quote:
I mean, this guy is willing to marry the most hardass woman in the world?

People have different views of happiness. Whatever forms it takes, if it works for someone, it works

Also, if being with her always for, I dunno, 5 years, didn't dent his immortality, I wouldn't think marrying her would make a difference. XD
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:56   Link #636
vbann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Not only an exception, but also a surprise. I mean, this guy is willing to marry the most hardass woman in the world?

- Tak
Well he can get it like he wants it!
vbann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 23:07   Link #637
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbann View Post
Well he can get it like he wants it!
She is the one wearing pants in that relationship, definitely.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 23:15   Link #638
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Some of the reasons some people have given for giving this episode a poor review just don't click with me......like at all. Many seem so forced for the most part and motivated by outside factors or bizarre expectations. I really think some people are just pissed that this wasn't a bloodbath ending. Oh well....too each their own and really it's a great day to be a Gundam fan when you see most people so satisified with a recent series. This is how I wanted to end off Gundam 00. This to me alone makes up for what Destiny did to the franchise and it's fans in a lot of ways.
You and a lot of people are forgetting one thing

Gundam 00 isn't over because the movie will probably adress a lot of things. My personal belief is that Kuroda and the director whose name I aways misspelled planned to include more and end it differently, but Bandai wanted a movie, so they moved the ending to the movie, and just had Ribbons either killed or removed from power.

I mean look

Do you really think Setsuna is going to be the only innovator? That Innovation is nothing more than Gundam 00's answer to the Ultimate Coordinator?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 23:21   Link #639
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
You and a lot of people are forgetting one thing

Gundam 00 isn't over because the movie will probably adress a lot of things. My personal belief is that Kuroda and the director whose name I aways misspelled planned to include more and end it differently, but Bandai wanted a movie, so they moved the ending to the movie, and just had Ribbons either killed or removed from power.

I mean look

Do you really think Setsuna is going to be the only innovator? That Innovation is nothing more than Gundam 00's answer to the Ultimate Coordinator?
Personal belief based on..... *twirls index finger*
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 23:21   Link #640
testament101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post

you know...this statement just made me realize how reused the plot of just about all Gundam series are... Given that, nothing surprising happened in this episode. I just think it was really bland. However, this is probably b/c the movie will restore the hype a little...maybe even more Jesus Gundam (Gundam 00)...
testament101 is offline   Reply With Quote