AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-06-02, 18:36   Link #21
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 日本ひきこもり協会 View Post
So who's going to determine if the posts are no longer needed? I'm pretty sure even here there are people who know that posting one time is sufficient. Just let people delete their own posts when the positions are filled. People who post a second add should get a warning for being stupid. Sounds like a good idea to me.
Thats why it would be best to just have a system where groups have only one page that they update as needed and that page gets indexed in the search engine.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 22:52   Link #22
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
That would require a separate system... something you could almost use the fansub wiki for?
Old 2009-06-02, 23:13   Link #23
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
That would require a separate system... something you could almost use the fansub wiki for?
whatever where-ever. Just saying the forum based method is cumbersome.
Old 2009-06-03, 01:57   Link #24
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
If I understand right, wasn't the idea that the Classifieds thread would be cleaned of old requests regularly? In that case, shouldn't about 120 pages of old classifieds be removed? I'm mostly thinking it's hard to figure out how far back you need to look if you are looking for work...
Cleaning out old requests isn't a practical option really, never was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post
Thats why it would be best to just have a system where groups have only one page that they update as needed and that page gets indexed in the search engine.
Or a group could (shock, horror) use their own site to advertise for help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
A good idea.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 02:12   Link #25
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Cleaning out old requests isn't a practical option really, never was.

A good idea.
All I was saying is what would work better. Not saying you have to do anything. Calm down there Willis.
Old 2009-06-07, 14:03   Link #26
Prons
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The only problem is that makes it harder for smaller or niche groups. I own Shin-Getter fansubs and we subtitle a very niche genre of anime (classic mech), and so it's good to have a "mainstream" forum toa dvertise on. Just my two cents.
Prons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 14:22   Link #27
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prons View Post
The only problem is that makes it harder for smaller or niche groups. I own Shin-Getter fansubs and we subtitle a very niche genre of anime (classic mech), and so it's good to have a "mainstream" forum toa dvertise on. Just my two cents.
I agree, that is why we have the AnimeSuki's Fansub Help Wanted Classifieds but it is unlikely we will go much further than this (certainly not the suggestion that every group has a page or thread that gets indexed to some sort of search engine).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 14:57   Link #28
Ayanami9870
ANBU Editor/QC
*Fansubber

There's a working model of a categorized listing that was programmed for www.fansubbers.org. It's sorted by position and by date, and can be updated or cleaned up.

This one is for groups looking for staff:
http://www.fansubbers.org/index.php/...st/Recruitlist

This one is for subbers looking for groups:
http://www.fansubbers.org/index.php/...fieds/Postings

Should the classifieds here get too chaotic, this posting can offload the pressure.
Ayanami9870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 20:19   Link #29
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
Delete the thread monthly and start it anew. Make it the responsibility of groups to relist their ads if they want to. That's better than the current thread full of now-useless posts.
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 23:38   Link #30
pichu
*Fansubber

I don't even go to fansubbers.org at all. It's only great for people who just got fresh start in fansubbing (there's nothing more to learn in fansubs during the past few years). On the other hand, before I helped fansubbing, I started using animesuki site back in 2001-2002 as a leecher. (when the data was very small) It had quite a few licensed anime, so it was fun. and that i usually just checked here for ads, and see if i can freelance.

Last edited by pichu; 2009-06-07 at 23:48.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 12:52   Link #31
Prons
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkers View Post
Delete the thread monthly and start it anew. Make it the responsibility of groups to relist their ads if they want to. That's better than the current thread full of now-useless posts.
I think Monthly may be too often, I suggest every 6 months or more.

The reason I say that, is because sometimes groups still need things. Like let's say there's a group with many projects, and they have one particular project they need a translator for. Sometimes the search for a translator for that particular project can drag on for months.

Another reason is because, at least at the time of Gundam Seed Destiny, groups were preparing in advance for big titles. I remember GSD was coming out, and no less than 25 groups were recruiting for it. This was at least two months before the show came out.

What'd be ideal, but not plausible due to time and coding restraints, would be each group would have one post, and each time they update it to add new "looking fors," the post would be bumped to the latest page in the thread. I assume something like that would require a lot of coding and time though, that's why I say it's not plausible, but being the Prons that I am, I like to look into the future :P
Prons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 03:55   Link #32
ASR1FanSubs
Feeling Big in Your Chair

Send a message via ICQ to ASR1FanSubs
Maybe you need a section for this
and that section would have their section with discussion for every position?
ASR1FanSubs is offline   Reply With Quote