AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-27, 03:16   Link #2561
Stythys

Hey guys! I just came across this thread recently...and I really want to be able to help out somehow. Unfortunately...I don't have a ton of experience. I am confident I can learn how to do typesetting, karaoke, encoding-type stuff relatively quickly, but I just haven't been part of fansub groups before, so, as I said, I lack experience.

However, what I DO know what I can provide, is web hosting, file servers, XDCC, etc.

If anyone could use my help, please send me some sort of message (http://twilightlair.net/contact). Thanks!
Old 2009-07-27, 19:00   Link #2562
atlantiza

Position: Typesetter (.ass)
Group: SEACATS
Project: Umineko
IRC: #SEACATS @ irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: atlantiza or an op

There hasn't been a lot of TSing in Umineko so far, so I don't think you should expect too much work, but inb4 a ton of signs starting next ep.
Old 2009-07-27, 20:07   Link #2563
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Hitode-Genjo recruitment post

Position(s):

Translators Japanese to English (NEEDED!!)
Being able to translate our projects from Japanese to English
Experience Required: No experience is required, but you must know the Japanese and English language well enough to translate.

Translation Checkers
(NEEDED!?!?)
Experience Required: Must be good at Japanese to spot our errors that might be left behind from the other translators.
Note: This only requires you to do a check over the translation, not to do a full translation.

Editors
Someone that goes through the English translation to make sure it is grammatically sound, and makes sense. Editors also ensure that typos, and other errors in regards to the translation are eradicated.
Experience Required: Must have a strong understanding of the English language.

Timers

Being able to time when the translated text will show/disappear on the episode.
Experience Required: Must know how to scene time, and not have any scene bleeding. We can teach you if your not experienced.

Quality Checkers
Check for issues such as graphical artifacts, timing errors, typos, grammar, legibility, sound and video quality.
Experience Required: no experience required.We can teach you if your not experienced.

Raw Providers
Supplying the raw episode to our staff from Japan in a timely manner.
Experience Required: Must know how to find and download episodes in high quality, and then upload it to our ftp so our translators can start translating.

Karaoke SFX
Designing the text effects for the Opening/Closing songs of our projects.
Experience Required: Experience is a must

Distro
Being able to either seed(Bittorrent), serve a XDCC bot or host Direct Downloads.
Experience Required: No experience required.

Encoders
Getting the final raw/translation/timing and putting it all together to release the final product which will be ether in MKV or AVI.

Typesetter AFX(NEEDED!?!)
the make signs in english for signs that were in Japanese and really good typesetters make it look like it was originally there and not even added in

Project(s):

Sora no Otoshimono (joint project Hitode-Genjo)

Dogs: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark (joint project Hitode-Genjo)

Hoshi no Umi no Amuri - Star Ocean

Toradora

IRC Channel:
Hitode-Recruit@rizon.net

IRC Contact:
Usergonemad, Genjo

E-Mail: waglwag85@yahoo.com

Extra info:
response in recruit channel could be minutes or hours. everybody sleeps from time to time.
Old 2009-07-27, 21:34   Link #2564
Mistressofburden
Nire-subs

Send a message via Yahoo to Mistressofburden
Group:Yuurisansubs
Project: whatever we pick up for the fall season~
Positions needed: Editors, Quality Checkers and Encoders
IRC: #yus-recruits@irc.rizon.net (message yuurisan or anyone with @)

:3 meow~~

Last edited by Mistressofburden; 2009-08-04 at 22:36. Reason: got a tler :3
Old 2009-07-31, 00:33   Link #2565
Mitch
aka Akatsuki
*Fansubber

Group: Rocket Gang

Project(s) To Do: Doraemon (classic and new)

* really need

Looking for

Translators*
We are looking for translators. The series is big. We're looking for someone who can translate from Japanese to English. If Japanese is not an option, Chinese to English.
-No experience needed

Translation Checker*
Must be able to check the accuracy of the translation. It requires some basic Japanese skills

Editors
Help with editing the script would be nice. We need to check and look for errors/mistakes and proofread it. Making sure the script is error free.

Quality Checker
Someone to check the video for glitches, mistakes, and check the audio quality.

Distro*
Looking for dedicated torrent seeders, XDCC bot(s), or host of direct downloads to make distribution faster and more convenient.

Encoders
Looking for encoder. Really need for some projects.

Typesetters*
Need help with signs and other stuff on the screen.

Contact

IRC: #RocketGang@irc.tennoko.org
#RG-Recruits@irc.tennoko.org
Look for Mitch
Email: rocketgangsubs@gmail.com

You are also welcome to send me a pm here on Animesuki

Thank You

Last edited by Mitch; 2009-08-05 at 16:03.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:33   Link #2566
Meltingice
Klipsch

Group: Nuke Fansubs
Positions Open: Typesetter
Project: Whatever we decide to do in the fall
IRC Channel: #Nuke@irc.rizon.net
E-Mail: NukeFansubs@gmail.com

We're also open to joints where your group provides the translator. We haven't decided what to do yet. If interested, please e-mail me at NukeFansubs@gmail.com or send me a personal message here. I may or may not be on IRC. If I am, look for Meltingice.

Last edited by Meltingice; 2009-08-09 at 20:39.
Old 2009-07-31, 16:36   Link #2567
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Group: Shinsen-subs
Recruiting: translators
Details.

I am not Vincent.
Old 2009-08-01, 10:48   Link #2568
fi3ryfalc0nZ
Seigi-Fansubs Fansubber

OkashiiSubs

Position(s) to be filled: Translators (J-E, C-E), Distro.
Group: OkashiiSubs
Project(s): Valkyria Chronicles
Site: http://okashiisubs.blogspot.com
IRC: #okashiisubs@irc.tennoko.org
E-Mail: blaz3r_horde@hotmail.com

Help would be needed.

Thanks,
fi3ryfalc0nZ

Last edited by fi3ryfalc0nZ; 2009-08-03 at 21:26.
Old 2009-08-01, 12:56   Link #2569
las7h0p3
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to las7h0p3
message moved.

Last edited by las7h0p3; 2009-08-12 at 19:23.
Old 2009-08-02, 18:05   Link #2570
darkponcho
FMS

Group: FreeMoneysubs
Positions: Translators, Distro, Translation checkers, Editor?
Current Projects: Canaan, GA Geijutsuka Art Design class
IRC: #fms @ irc.rizon.net
Email: spamanddie@gmail.com

We need translators (you won't be working alone, you'll be working with me ) to help with GA/Canaan. We sort of speedsub Canaan. We also need distro to provide DDL or XDCC bots. Also perhaps an experienced editor to make our subs more English-like.

No experience required for the translator, although 3 years of Japanese language or native tongue is preferred. Even if you have no experience fansubbing, we are only two weeks old and got the hang of it pretty fast.
Old 2009-08-05, 20:31   Link #2571
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Genjo recruitment post

Position(s):

Translators Japanese to English (NEEDED!!)
Being able to translate our projects from Japanese to English
Experience Required: No experience is required, but you must know the Japanese and English language well enough to translate.

Translation Checkers
(NEEDED!?!?)
Experience Required: Must be good at Japanese to spot our errors that might be left behind from the other translators.
Note: This only requires you to do a check over the translation, not to do a full translation.

Editors(NEEDED!?!?)
Someone that goes through the English translation to make sure it is grammatically sound, and makes sense. Editors also ensure that typos, and other errors in regards to the translation are eradicated.
Experience Required: Must have a strong understanding of the English language.

Timers
(NEEDED!?!?)
Being able to time when the translated text will show/disappear on the episode.
Experience Required: Must know how to scene time, and not have any scene bleeding. We can teach you if your not experienced.

Quality Checkers(NEEDED!?!?)
Check for issues such as graphical artifacts, timing errors, typos, grammar, legibility, sound and video quality.
Experience Required: no experience required.We can teach you if your not experienced.

Raw Providers(NEEDED!?!?)
Supplying the raw episode to our staff from Japan in a timely manner.
Experience Required: Must know how to find and download episodes in high quality, and then upload it to our ftp so our translators can start translating.

Karaoke AFX(NEEDED!?!?)
Designing the text effects for the Opening/Closing songs of our projects.

Distro(NEEDED!?!?)
Being able to either seed(Bittorrent), serve a XDCC bot or host Direct Downloads.
Experience Required: No experience required.

Encoders(NEEDED!?!?)
Getting the final raw/translation/timing and putting it all together to release the final product which will be ether in MKV or AVI.

Typesetter AFX(NEEDED!?!)
the make signs in english for signs that were in Japanese and really good typesetters make it look like it was originally there and not even added in

Project(s):

Kodomo no Jikan (2007)

Kodomo no Jikan OVAs

KissXsis

IRC Channel:
genjo-Recruits@rizon.net

IRC Contact:
Genjo

E-Mail: waglwag85@yahoo.com

Extra info:
PM me and if ya dont get reply back just idle in the chan until i get to ya.

Last edited by Genjo; 2009-08-06 at 14:48.
Old 2009-08-05, 20:49   Link #2572
Enigma Collective
*Fansubber

Group: Enigma Collective
Email: damee@enigmacollective.org donkie737@enigmacollective.org
IRC: #enigmacollective@irc.rizon.net

Hello,
Enigma Collective desperately needs a Translator/Translator Checker to help with Pandora Hearts episodes 18+! We are quickly falling behind, so if you can do J/E translations please contact us! No experience in fansubbing required!

Other positions are open for discussion too. Come and talk to us. Email us, post on the forums or talk to us on irc. Talk to either damee or donkie737
Hope to hear from you.

Last edited by Enigma Collective; 2009-08-11 at 00:55.
Old 2009-08-06, 02:18   Link #2573
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Group: FLF
IRC: #FLF@irc.rizon.net
Position: Typesetter

Requirements: I need someone to take over for me as typesetter at this group. Applicants need to be highly experienced with textsub/.ass/.ssa formats, able to work off someone else's code, able and willing to use IRC. You may work at your own pace, there is no schedule or pressure get it done asap. All we ask is that you actively work on the projects in your free time. Just sitting on the scripts indefinitely and not keeping anyone posted about anything is frowned on, so don't be a dick bag.

If you are still interested, just join the channel, say in the channel what you are there for, tell us your timezone, and hang out until someone can help you. Depending on the time of day it could be awhile or right away. Thanks~

peace,
getfresh

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if this is full of grammatical errors. Deal with it. It is 3:17am and I'm not fixing them
Old 2009-08-06, 06:30   Link #2574
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Group: Kureyon Alliance

Projects:

Kureyon Shin-Chan (action movies, not the episodes);
Positions: J->E Translator(s); Translation Checker; Distribution; RAW provider(s); Capper (for things that aren't available on DVD); Timer(s); Karaoke Effects

YAT Anshin! Uchu Ryoko (series 1 and 2);Positions: J->E Translator(s); Translation Checker; Quality Checker; Distribution; Timer; Encoder; Karaoke Effects

NG Knight Ramune & 40 (plus DX and EX)
Positions: Distribution; DVD-iso RAW provider; Karaoke Effects

Medarot (and Medarot Damashii)

Positions: J->E Translator(s); Translation Checker; Quality Checker Distribution; Timer; Karaoke Effects

Note: If you don't want to join us as a translator for the Kureyon Shin-Chan project just because you don't like it, I would say to you to leave your preconceptions for example that this anime is like in the horrid american dub, or that it is just a show where a retarded kid shows his butt all the time, and instead try to see for yourself how the anime really is.

Info:We accept other projects as long as they are comedy and/or slice-of-life, and only if you can fill a position for it.

Update: Now interested to 'fansub' some Perfume PVs, so if there are any fans around here who would like to help, use the contact above. Mainly looking for translators (the lyrics are easy, most of the parts are repeating throughout the songs)

Last edited by andy_blah; 2009-08-06 at 06:54.
Old 2009-08-07, 16:43   Link #2575
GouNoKen

Positions desired: Translator for Manga. Regarding the Anime: Translator(s), Timer, Encoder, Quality Checker. Translation will be from Japanese to English.
Group: GunPowder Scans-Subs
Project(s): Genshi Shonen Ryu Anime & Manga
E-Mail:raigrottpojken@gmail.com
Request: We want persons who are dedicated and does not leave after a few releases, it doesn´t have to go fast, just need it to be done properly.
Additional Notes: The Manga has 2 volumes and the Anime has 24 episodes.
Old 2009-08-09, 04:44   Link #2576
Saito-Kun
Kid Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Saito-Kun
Keishou-Subs

This is a new fansub group in which requires J>E translators. Keishousen Fansubs.

Position(s):J>E Translators, Editors, Timers.
Group: Keishou-Subs
Project(s): Fairy Tail + any other projects the Translator wishes to do.
IRC Channel: Will make one soon, or you can drop by #moetron if you're desperate
IRC Contact: Saito-Kun
E-Mail: Saito-Kun@hotmail.co.jp
Old 2009-08-09, 20:31   Link #2577
Fazeshot
GAINAXヲタ

Position(s): Japanese < English Translators, Encoders, Typesetters, AFXer, Editors
Group: Natsukashii-Subs
Project(s): Not Really anime I'm looking to sub Music videos and TV performances of 70s and 80s JPOP idols. Stuff like Noriko Sakai, Yui Asaka, Nitta Eri, Princess Princess
IRC Channel: Will make one if there is a big interest in these kind of Fansubs
E-Mail: momosuotaku@gmail.com

I do have experience in producing these kind of fansubs I was the founder of Hello-fansubs one of the biggest Morning Musume Fansub groups on the internet for the english speaking community. I've also worked with a lot of different anime fansub groups.

I hope some people here enjoy older jpop as much as I do and would like to see stuff from that era subbed!

Email if interested!
Old 2009-08-09, 20:40   Link #2578
Prons
Disabled By Request

I had good luck finding a translator here a few weeks ago so I'll try to make lighting strike twice again.

Shin-Getter is looking for translators for Sengoku Majin GoShogun, a cool anime about a giant robot piloted by a crew of space pirates. It's only 26 episodes.

Email PronsAmuro@gmail.com if you feel you can translate at a pace of an episode every two weeks. Thanks in advance, we're a sucessful group with years of experience.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:58   Link #2579
Icecoolace

終わりなき夏 永遠なる音律 English Translation Project!! Need help forming the staff!!

I need people willing to join my team for this bishoujo game called 終わりなき夏 永遠なる音律. It's a game that released in Japan a couple of weeks ago. I need some skilled hackers and translators for this project to even begin. If you're interested please let me know at Icecoolace@go.com or just reply to this post.

Here's what the game looks like and what it's about:

http://www.indowebster.web.id/showthread.php?t=32150

and here's some parts from the game that caught my eye from the animation put in the characters on the game (lip-syncing, moving, etc):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-9hX...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zigm...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmTh...eature=related
Old 2009-08-10, 06:34   Link #2580
Trilaan

Looking For a Fansub Group to Do A Special Order

I'll do just about anything to get a sub made for the 2nd Kochikame movie. I have managed to find a good quality copy I torrented but I will actually import a proper DVD if that is what it will take. I'll gladly make a sizeable donation or whatever to any particular group if they wish to take on this project. If you have any interest, please drop me a message here. As the TV series will likely never be licensed, this may be my only chance to get more exposure to this great series. My total thanks to anyone seriously considering helping me with this. Thank you.

Matthew
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator