AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-02-11, 19:30   Link #81
4th Dimension

Actually that's a legitimate tactic when flying in pair. Well not getting the enemy to crash, but covering each other. You would deliberatelly try to get the enemy to fly past your partner's GUNS so they can shoot them down or get them to back off.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 16:15   Link #82
4th Dimension

Wait what. Their tech seems to come from a WWII era Japanese expansion into their world via some sort of gateway?!?

Okay

did not expect that.

Still doesn't explain how do people live her despite all the lack of water.

Old 2019-02-17, 20:27   Link #83
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is probably underground water. They definitely have enough to survive and their be greenery around the towns. Their world might be on the downward spiral, but its not dead yet.

It was raining in at least on of the flashbacks, so their is water, just not massive amounts of surface water.

Thus suggest that this is not Earth, thus some things are very different. The planet might be a little smaller. Perhaps the gravity is also a tad lighter (would make it easier for the airships to be that sized).

I wonder if there is a idea that the Imperial Japanese build portals of some kind and attempted to use this region for both fuel and war materials construction during the war? Or if they just happened to stumble on the portals and used it for a time before the war ended and they had to keep this a secret from the Allies?

Somehow I am reminded of the author William R. Forstchen's "Lost Regiment" series. Where there was an alien race that build some sort of galactic portal system that connected various worlds together, but their civilization collapsed after their nuclear age, or perhaps even has risen and fallen multiple times using technology left behind by their forebears. One such portal lead to Earth, and from time to time it would open and grab a settlement here, and ship there, and the like across the centuries, and leave the humans of those cultures on another world. So you'd have Romans, 13th century Rus, feudal Japanese, and Civil War era Union soldiers all encountering each other, along with the remains of the alien race (or just another species that was also picked up by the portal system).
Old 2019-02-18, 05:57   Link #84
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 6:

A little backstory. So Kylie had a kind old man as a friend years ago. I think the old man burned down his own house and went away to protect her.. because it's possible the guy who was asking the old man to do something might start target loli Kylie. Sad she had to lose her friend, maybe they meet again someday.

Still a mystery who is the pilot who shot down Kylie. Same person from episode 1?

And lastly, that takeoff from the cliff had me so nervous... good thing she remembered what the the old man teach her years ago.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-18, 12:12   Link #85
4th Dimension

Oh, it's definitelly the person from Ep 1. Right now my money is on the old man, given that the enemy ace basically played with her and took GREAT care to disable but not kill her plane.

Old 2019-02-18, 12:34   Link #86
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Its possible I suppose. Though I would guess it has been ten years or so since the events of her flashback. Though she has a similar icon on her fighter's tail like the old man had. Of course it could also be the guy that was trying to get Ol'Slab to do a job for him.

But whoever it is is specifically not going for a kill shot and is taunting her.
Old 2019-02-20, 14:49   Link #87
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is a "Yukari's Corner" like YouTube channel for this show. Its the voice actresses both playing around and explaining things. The is a segment of it near the middle with the actress playing the group's mechanic doing explanations about the airplanes seen in the episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqJ...able_polymer=1
Old 2019-02-20, 19:21   Link #88
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There is a "Yukari's Corner" like YouTube channel for this show. Its the voice actresses both playing around and explaining things. The is a segment of it near the middle with the actress playing the group's mechanic doing explanations about the airplanes seen in the episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqJ...able_polymer=1
Thanks for the link!
Old 2019-02-20, 20:08   Link #89
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I hope we see the bank notes more clearly some time. I want to see the organisation that issued it. Despite being loosely formed city states, having paper currency means some banking alliance world wide had formed.
Old 2019-02-20, 20:40   Link #90
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They have dodos on them. That much is certain.

My guess is that this world has slightly less gravity than Earth, thus allowing a dodo to be able to fly. It would also help with some of the more....interesting flight maneuvers.... as well as the airships.

However we still know so little. Judging by something said a few episodes ago, the portal or whatever either opened or closed around 80 years ago. Ol'Slab was an old man, and if he'd been with say a Japanese contingent from the IJA or IJN, than he'd be 90 to 100 years old in their present. Assuming of course that the portals weren't open for a long time, and thus families started or were transplanted over. Meaning he could have been a kid back then, but its unlikely the case.

If the portal opened in Manchuria in 1931 or so, leading to the Japanese annexation of that area, than the Japanese would have held it for nearly 14 years before the Soviets stormed across the border in 1945. That would give some time for factory construction and other projects (as well as the chance to get some odd Cyrillic and English characters in their typed language). The Portal being closed to prevent Soviet (and later Red Chinese) infiltration of the region.

However, there is also evidence that some things have come from later in Earth's history (the model tanks in the ad look like 1950s models and the vending machines are rather modern, 1980s or 90s I would guess as the earliest for an udon machine of that type). So it could be that the portal gets opened from time to time still, or new experiments open the portal in other locations, allowing tech to be brought back, depending on who has control of said portal.
Old 2019-02-24, 12:51   Link #91
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

So now we know why Allen's been bed-ridden.....but why was he even investigating the portal site in the first place, and who shot him down?
Old 2019-02-24, 17:29   Link #92
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Some people are just curious.
And some people would rather they didn't be so nosey.

Ki-84 (Type 4 Hayate) "Frank" was the new fighter of the day.
I think Allen was in a Ki-27 (Type 97) "Nate/Abdul"

Why the girls have access to an Elite Industries dive bomber, I don't know.
Old 2019-02-25, 03:32   Link #93
jwai

I was wondering when there would be an instance of a ugly messy strike to a cockpit...

Quote:
Why the girls have access to an Elite Industries dive bomber, I don't know.
I think that bomber was the one the magician fellow was flying.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-25, 09:12   Link #94
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 7:

Another good episode. This time they have the enemy outnumbered 4 vs 7. However, they are at a disadvantage because their opponents are more maneuverable and heavily armored.

Hmm, so that Adolfo is actually a nice guy. Looks like he really wanted to help the old man. Kate really skilled at those turns, and she can shoot just as good from behind.

Looking forward to next week.
Old 2019-02-25, 11:17   Link #95
4th Dimension

"Heavily armored" for Japanese is what we'd call NOT a pile of matches and lighter fluid, which was the best description of a whole lot of their planes

Old 2019-02-25, 12:40   Link #96
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Type 4 was probably as heavily armored as the late model American planes to make up for the short comings of the Type 1 and Type 2.

The Type 4 was one of a handful of Japanese fighter designs that could easily compete with the Allied frontline fighters in 1944 and 45.
Old 2019-02-25, 16:37   Link #97
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Yeah, heard about that too. The late designs of jap planes can compete with the allied planes. However, the armored jap planes were too few and too late to matter in the war.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2019-02-25 at 17:41.
Old 2019-02-25, 17:13   Link #98
Tiberium Wolf

Something was off at the beginning but now I know what is it.
This is the wild west but instead of horses and trains we got planes and blimps.
Old 2019-02-26, 03:29   Link #99
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
The Type 4 was probably as heavily armored as the late model American planes to make up for the short comings of the Type 1 and Type 2.

The Type 4 was one of a handful of Japanese fighter designs that could easily compete with the Allied frontline fighters in 1944 and 45.
Easily a match for an F4U-4 or P-51D assuming pilot is competent. It's technically the best reciprocating engine plane Imperial Japan made that went into production

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-02-26 at 03:45.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-26, 03:37   Link #100
Korol

like Mitsubishi Zeroes had lack of armour and self-sealing tanks been a easy pickings for a well place .50cal shots of us fighter aircraft and small arms been fired in pearl harbor attack.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote