AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-07, 01:42   Link #21
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 1:

Bocchi extreme shyness reminds me of Mya-nee from Wataten.

And funny, when she started counting and her eye went round... it reminded me of Goblin Slayer. xD

Not bad at all, will be watching this.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-07, 09:55   Link #22
James Rye

Checked the first couple chapters of the manga before getting into the episode of this anime. Gotta say I like all the changes and extras the anime put in, made the whole thing feel more wholesome. Given the ED it looks like Bocchi will make some friends, she already got her first one, Nako-chan.
Too bad though for Kai-chan, I think befriending all 28 people in class will be impossible, so those two will never be friends again. XDDD
Bocchi was lucky the first person she talked to was such a friendly one. But the whole class seems nice given how well they acted to Bocchi's strategy to abolish Class 1, so I think Kai-chan might be okay with 2-3 very close friends and the rest being "friends" as in good classmates or something like that. If however there is somebody in there who hates Bocchi then this gonna be a problem to get over Kai-chan's challenge.^^
Old 2019-04-12, 17:01   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bocchi's story really was long, and the reason Nako was mad was at the very end of it of course. Glad they already tackled that issue. I'd probably be a bit upset too if someone I had started to think of as a friend revealed she only spoke to me because she made a promise to her childhood friend to befriend everyone.

Hanger-chan is pretty funny. Second friend GET.
Old 2019-04-12, 21:09   Link #24
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, that part was pretty much a given. There was really no way that particular sequence of events wouldn't happen in one way or another.

As for Aru, her mother must be something else if her twelve-year-old daughter can wear her panties to school and not realize. One of those loli mothers I take it?

Also, am I the only one who saw her legs swinging and thought something bad?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-12, 21:24   Link #25
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
For a fleeting moment, it sure looked like it, but maybe we're just morbid
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 10:15   Link #26
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Nah, thought the same .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 13:06   Link #27
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Nah, thought the same .
Same here
Old 2019-04-14, 04:18   Link #28
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 2:

Honshou-san is a nice person.. and I think maybe she has a bit of talent too, even if she is unfortunate. She was able to become vice president of the class.

Bocchi gains one more friend.

Looking forward to next week.
Old 2019-04-14, 14:27   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

"Unfortunate" seems like a very poor translation here though. "Unfortunate" to me would be random occurrences having a bad impact on her. A hanger didn't accidentally fall into her jacket, and she had to personally mistake her mother's panties for her own. She's not "unfortunate", she's just clumsy and absent-minded. Maybe "awkward" would be more accurate. Not to mention that I've never thought of "unfortunate" as an insult, which she clearly does.
Old 2019-04-14, 17:36   Link #30
Tenzen12

I think closer word to this trope would "disappointing". It basically means "seemingly perfect character, but ultimately ruined by undesirable trait"
Old 2019-04-15, 17:39   Link #31
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Cute autism is so good and wholesome.
Old 2019-04-15, 17:53   Link #32
James Rye

You know, Bocchi saying she is bad to communicate with people but look at her go! Twisting girls around her little finger with some tears and smiles and passing out over happiness. Girl is already a pro at handling girls and their moods. XDDD
Old 2019-04-15, 18:19   Link #33
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
You know, Bocchi saying she is bad to communicate with people but look at her go! Twisting girls around her little finger with some tears and smiles and passing out over happiness. Girl is already a pro at handling girls and their moods. XDDD
You forgot about hurling her guts up when nervous.

Last edited by jwai; 2019-04-16 at 00:43.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 21:25   Link #34
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Cute autism is so good and wholesome.
Don't think this's autism. I have a fair amount of experience with that particular condition, and this girl does not strike me as autistic. Social anxiety is not the same thing. You want autism go watch March Comes in Like a Lion.
Old 2019-04-19, 17:19   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The last part of the episode was really funny. There's no limit to how insecure Bocchi can be. I laughed hard when she introduced herself again

It was nice to see Nako and Aru bond too. The sensei being scared of Nako (to the point she's thinking of resigning...) even though she's the only one who adresses her with respect was pretty fun. Don't judge a book by its cover, sensei.
Old 2019-04-19, 17:50   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's truly spectacular when Bocchi goes all out. Sending texts to re-introduce herself was great. But was pure gold when she came out to introduce herself, but ran back inside to put on her serious outfit .

Honestly Nako is a pure star in this show. She has quite a few troubles to juggle from keeping an eye out for Bocchi's next passing out spell and that her teacher is terrified of her . The friendly chemistry with her and Aru is great though. The teasing, the flying headbutts, and the honestly sweet moments between them are quite nice.
Old 2019-04-19, 22:15   Link #37
Wandering Soul

It's pretty funny that Aru actually had her eyes closed when the class picture was taken. Truly unfortunate.

It'll be a week until the next episode, but please don't forget her. Her name is Hitori Bocchi and she wants to be everyone's friend.
Old 2019-04-20, 05:10   Link #38
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

hmm, are Nako and Aru really tall girls or their teacher is just short?

Nako is pretty in civilian clothes and megane.
Old 2019-04-20, 07:17   Link #39
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It's pretty funny that Aru actually had her eyes closed when the class picture was taken. Truly unfortunate.

It'll be a week until the next episode, but please don't forget her. Her name is Hitori Bocchi and she wants to be everyone's friend.
Lol, didn't noticed that. xD
Just saw there were like 8 boys in the class. Does Bocchi also has to become friends with them given Kai-chan's request was to befriend the whole class? If becoming friends with girls is already that difficult for her just how scary must it be for Bocchi to talk to boys...

Poor Bocchi was so scared of losing her friends after them not seeing her for half a day. Nako-chan really knows well how Bocchi ticks.^^

Aru and Nako's chemistry is actually quite good, I can see why Bocchi sees them as a heart and soul. Though i can't quite get why Sensei thinks Nako is scary, cause we have seen her being so kind to Bocchi so often.
Old 2019-04-20, 10:25   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Aru and Nako's chemistry is actually quite good, I can see why Bocchi sees them as a heart and soul. Though i can't quite get why Sensei thinks Nako is scary, cause we have seen her being so kind to Bocchi so often.
Nako dyes her hair, and in the mind of many in Japan (well, in anime at least) this equals to being a delinquent.

Didn't notice Aru had her eyes closed in the photo either. She really is unlucky.