AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-05-24, 10:53   Link #841
TigerII
Pilot in Training

This does have an air feel to it, with the seeming reincarnation and all.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 02:58   Link #842
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Since speculation and theories were starting to become prominent on this thread (and I don't want it to happen, since I'd like it to stay focused on "general" discussion as the word says) I created a sola - Speculation & Theories thread.

The purpose of that thread is to host speculation and theories about the series that can't find a place in the episode discussion threads, leaving the general thread clean.

I moved there all the posts of the last 2 days. Some of there were extremely well written. Please remain there (or on episode threads) from now on for speculations. Thanks
Old 2007-06-01, 20:41   Link #843
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

ummm i was just on Doremi's IRC ch and found this

Quote:
Sola07: Delayed indefinitely
Can someone explain what that means? Does indefinitely mean that the subbing of this show has been stopped, of does it mean delayed for an unspecific amount time?

I wish to know this because if it has been stopped then i'll switch to lunar, if not then i'll wait it out.
Old 2007-06-01, 21:54   Link #844
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
ummm i was just on Doremi's IRC ch and found this

Can someone explain what that means? Does indefinitely mean that the subbing of this show has been stopped, of does it mean delayed for an unspecific amount time?
Well, "delayed indefinitely" means that it's delayed for an "indefinite" (undetermined/unknown) amount of time. If they meant "dropped", they'd just say that instead, and that's not what they said. So it's not dropped, but don't ask when it'll be out, because they don't know -- that's basically how I'd interpret it. Asking when a fansub will be released is bad etiquette anyway, so I guess they're being proactive.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 22:01   Link #845
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Here is what Skane seems to think from episode 8 discussion thread.
Oh, and on a side-note, for those who are waiting for [Doremi]'s releases, please take note that they are on vacation at the moment and will not be back until mid-June. So their projects are more or less on hold at the moment, and they make no promises on the possibility of fansubbing episodes from their laptops while they are in Hawaii. So you may want to swap to [Lunar]'s version temporarily until they return.
I wouldn't sub either even if I take my laptop with me to Hawaii.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 14:13   Link #846
xat
*Fansubber

Sola redistributable translation package #2 now available here. Intended mainly for those (fansubbers or otherwise) who want to spread sola to demographics we can't reach. This one is a little late because there were several (32 actually) issues inherent in our sola 07, which was a messy release to say the least.

The structure has been adjusted to more of a mirror of my directory structure. I've included most of everything including:
-chapters
-episode scripts
-次回予告 (next episode) title scripts
-most typesetting source files
-finalized OP/ED karaoke scripts
-every utilized font

The OP/ED are now actually zeroed (unlike before), making timeshifting extremely easy. More info on how to do this in the spoilers:
Spoiler:

The package comes with doremi.sola.07.v2.ass which resolves the issues inherent in our sola 07 release. We'll be releasing updated versions of our own releases when the series is over and it comes time for a batch. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited by xat; 2007-06-14 at 11:08.
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 12:08   Link #847
denkikoiji
Oniai loveru!
*Graphic Designer

I LOVE SOLA!!! SO MUCH it is the best anime ever..!!! i really love Matsuri So Much ^_^
denkikoiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 06:19   Link #848
wontaek

Has anyone given any thoughts about the meaning of word Yaka can also mean 'nocturnal-ized', thus the word yakabito could mean 'a person who has became like a night'? I still think that the children's song about Yakabito which we heard at ep. 1 or 2 holds clues that hasn't been used yet.
Old 2007-06-11, 15:18   Link #849
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Ive watched two episodes of this anime so far and this is the idea i got:

Jeez...not again...

Why is the guy the main character. I thought Matsuri was but nooo...we've got to follow this anime through his eyes...annoying really annoying

and the girl does strange things he doesnt understand etc etc

..T_T..Oh yeah and he doesnt have any parents but still can live by himself with eeeeverything he needs and no trouble at all...really really really annoying!

but hey at least I like the animation and the character designes...especially theyre clothes.

Maybe ill watch the other episodes hoping for a major change when im bored.
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 15:26   Link #850
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Whats wrong with Yorito being the main character? Besides, Matsuri is no less of a main character. And you couldn't be more wrong on the: "Jeez, not again" part I think quite a few people thought that in the beginning.

Commenting on the "no parents" part would be a major spoiler, so i won't. Instead i will suggest you keep watching Sola is my no1 pick from this season.
Old 2007-06-12, 01:20   Link #851
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
You know, as the story progresses and nears the end, it's harder and harder to wait for the next episode to come. This story is quite good to get me to feel like that.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 05:24   Link #852
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Whats wrong with Yorito being the main character? Besides, Matsuri is no less of a main character. And you couldn't be more wrong on the: "Jeez, not again" part I think quite a few people thought that in the beginning.

Commenting on the "no parents" part would be a major spoiler, so i won't. Instead i will suggest you keep watching Sola is my no1 pick from this season.
Because I already saw Kanon Air and Shuffle and Im getting quite sick of the "Guys point of view thing" on an Airy kind of serie like this one.
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 08:31   Link #853
SailorMoon4ever

I really love this series im pretty sure it's going to have a sad ending like chorno crusade.
SailorMoon4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 01:02   Link #854
wontaek

I found this interesting. In some Korean anime polls, Koyori is the second most popular character of this series. Matsuri, of course, is usually the #1. #3 spot varies depending on the blog/web sites. Behold the power of Loli. Some people were 'bold' enough to say there should be a Loli route in Sola dating simulation game.
Old 2007-06-17, 08:59   Link #855
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

For character popularity, I think Aono is actually more popular than Matsuri in both Japan and China ever since the mid-point of the series when Aono started to take up a more active role in the story. There seems to be more 2ch threads on Aono than Matsuri, while In China Matsuri's rank is pretty low indeed, being despised as the ultimate trouble-maker who disturbs the life and hopes of Nee-san and stole her "toilet-paper ". As for the production team's view, there is no information on the preference of the original writer, but the character designer Nanao Naru claimed that Aono is her favourite character.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-06-17 at 10:21. Reason: moved the seiyuu video on the voice actor appreciation thread
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 22:27   Link #856
wontaek

Interesting to see Koyori garnering highest number of nomination among the Sola characters in SaiMoe 2007
Old 2007-06-18, 22:58   Link #857
RealityEX
Professional

Send a message via AIM to RealityEX
sola is an interesting anime indeed. But i still don't get how sky fits into the overall theme. I just love anime with the aura of mystery and wonder
RealityEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 09:23   Link #858
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I'm just wondering how many episodes there are? 13 or 15?
Old 2007-06-24, 10:37   Link #859
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb View Post
I'm just wondering how many episodes there are? 13 or 15?
13 on TV, with two additional episodes on DVDs for 15 in all.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 12:35   Link #860
xat
*Fansubber

While we're on the subject, anidb lists episode 13 as "Sky". Now the title in Japanese is sora, which does translate to sky, but it's in katakana (ソラ). That leaves some dynamic as to how it can be interpreted, and since the show itself is titled "sola", I figured the rationale would be that it's more iconic for the last episode title to be translated to "sola" as opposed to "sky". This is obviously finalized for our version of episode 13, but the change can be made later on for the batch / translation package.

Any thoughts on this?
xat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural