AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-12-25, 10:19   Link #61
Requiem-x
The slacking one

As someone who has read Unmarked, Restart and Limited (side stories included) in a span of 3 days, I can only say...

DAMN

I'm honestly impressed with how much the writing improves after Vol 1, even if the formula stays the same. I did not expect this kind of ride, but I definetly don't regret it, even if it hits you hard sometimes.

Also, while it doesn't always succeed, I do appreciate how the series can catch you off guard more than once.

Spoiler for Restart:

Its not exactly perfect in storytelling and feeling (Limited felt like an american action movie/comic book way too often), but the pros far outweight the cons (The last part of Limited was brutal, beautiful and tragic at the same time), so I'm definetly sticking with it.

Going into Jokers now, and apparently, more Snow suffering...

Oh, and to all of you, merry christmas from your local, very, very morally dubious aspiring reformist

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2016-12-25 at 10:35.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 11:52   Link #62
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Its not exactly perfect in storytelling and feeling (Limited felt like an american action movie/comic book way too often)
You can also find quite a number of western references in there. So I believed feeling like that was intentional.
In my opinion, Limited was a crime thriller with magical girls. It even has a car chase.

Last edited by Spica; 2016-12-25 at 12:17.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 12:16   Link #63
vic-vic

Who could though that Marika Fukuroi are such hottie in her real human form

http://mahou-shoujo-ikusei-keikaku.w...a_Farinosa.JPG
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 12:40   Link #64
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Indeed, the western references and inspirations are intentional.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 19:56   Link #65
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Caught up with Jokers and Aces. Don't know who's gonna be more scary in the long run: Puk or Pfle. I'm leaning towards the latter, though.

And boy, now I get the hype behind that Queens image. I can't even imagine what is gonna go through Snow's head for that encounter after THAT happened. Or rather, I don't want to.

Meanwhile, Federica is back to being the plan meister during breaks from playing with Prism's hair. A damn good villain, which means I also want to punch her in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
You can also find quite a number of western references in there. So I believed feeling like that was intentional.
In my opinion, Limited was a crime thriller with magical girls. It even has a car chase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Indeed, the western references and inspirations are intentional.
I have noticed many movie and game references. Guess I simply wasn't expecting a story with magical girls to have such obvious western influences, but honestly, after reading so much, can't say its a bad thing. I did end up liking Limited a lot in the end, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Who could though that Marika Fukuroi are such hottie in her real human form

http://mahou-shoujo-ikusei-keikaku.w...a_Farinosa.JPG
And so grown up!
Old 2016-12-26, 03:41   Link #66
Spica

Quote:
Caught up with Jokers and Aces. Don't know who's gonna be more scary in the long run: Puk or Pfle. I'm leaning towards the latter, though.
I found Puk Puck a lot more scary.
Since you have read Aces, I am curious about your feeling on fire extinguishers.
Old 2016-12-26, 08:47   Link #67
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

There various kind of villains.
Like those who are aware of what they do and accept it like Pythie.
Puk Puck is the opposite, she doesn't believes what she does is wrong and keeps on using people as resources to further her goals.
She doesn't feels the feelings you usually would feel when a person you care for is lost, hers is more like when a toy broke so she just goes and looks for another one.
Old 2016-12-26, 08:55   Link #68
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I found Puk Puck a lot more scary.
Since you have read Aces, I am curious about your feeling on fire extinguishers.
Puk is terrifying, but I think we have yet to see what Pfle is capable of when you push her buttons. For instance, the fact Puk seems to truly care for all her subjects is something she could capitalize on.

You mean Snow's second default weapon? But honestly, that was a cool fight, and showed very well the "getting the job done without becoming The Punisher" attitude Snow carries herself with.

God, I want to read Queens already.
Old 2016-12-26, 08:59   Link #69
vic-vic

Quote:

And boy, now I get the hype behind that Queens image. I can't even imagine what is gonna go through Snow's head for that encounter after THAT happened. Or rather, I don't want to.

Meanwhile, Federica is back to being the plan meister during breaks from playing with Prism's hair. A damn good villain, which means I also want to punch her in the face.
Who know - maybe we get another interdimensional fraction, ruled by an individual who would be a much more dangerous being than Pfle or Puk Puck.

Frederica indeed a very good villain - she not just a battle-hungry freak like Cranberry, as she have a good intentions. But her methods can be described as deplorable. Not to say he pbession with a variouc magical girls are pretty... creepy

What she done in the Aces are really dick move.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-26, 10:03   Link #70
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
There various kind of villains.
Like those who are aware of what they do and accept it like Pythie.
Puk Puck is the opposite, she doesn't believes what she does is wrong and keeps on using people as resources to further her goals.
She doesn't feels the feelings you usually would feel when a person you care for is lost, hers is more like when a toy broke so she just goes and looks for another one.
I don't fully disagree, but maybe Puk will turn out to be more than that. This series has surprisd me with its characters before (already mentioned Pechika, but also, in Limited, I thought Wedin would be a backstabber from her initial impression), so I can't disregard that possibility. She IS twisted, of course, hard not to be with that power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Who know - maybe we get another interdimensional fraction, ruled by an individual who would be a much more dangerous being than Pfle or Puk Puck.

Frederica indeed a very good villain - she not just a battle-hungry freak like Cranberry, as she have a good intentions. But her methods can be described as deplorable. Not to say he pbession with a variouc magical girls are pretty... creepy

What she done in the Aces are really dick move.
Dick move doesn't begin to describe it That said, I do find her blatant hair fetish amusing, and it adds to her character; quirks go a long way in making someone interesting and memorable. On that subject, I find very interesting she considered Cherry a true ideal magical girl, meaning for raw strenght really isn't priority one, but your ideals and knowing yourself well enough.
Old 2016-12-26, 11:53   Link #71
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

That's because contrary to expectations Pythie is truly a believer of hard workers and idealist magical girls but also is pretty grounded in the reality.

She said it herself, though her methods are questionable when not through direct interactions she can really be a pretty good mentor.

That's why she is so infatuated with Snow White, because she overturned her initial impression that Strength = Ideal Magical Girl which she thought to be in Cranberry
Old 2016-12-26, 22:15   Link #72
Requiem-x
The slacking one

She's said that from day one, but it was still interesting to see her putting it in practice, and with someone besides Snow to boot. The hair fetish probably helped attract her attention, though

Slowly catching up with second batch of side stories. Marika's really helped her character in terms of likability, even though she was pretty likable already.
Old 2016-12-27, 13:05   Link #73
Spica

The three sister Rising Project, Keek is totally me , damn it.

I am awfully curious that R-18 mode....
Old 2016-12-27, 13:25   Link #74
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
The three sister Rising Project, Keek is totally me , damn it.

I am awfully curious that R-18 mode....
You'd have also ruined a mahou shoujo anime singlehandedly?

R-18 mode... in a game with a half-beast girl, a living doll, two spandex clad nutcases, a girl that makes faces appear on walls by kissing them and a smug ojou with faithful knight included...

Good lord
Old 2016-12-28, 13:14   Link #75
Spica

So any expectation for Queens guys?
Old 2016-12-28, 13:27   Link #76
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Death, and lots of it. Mind you, I don't want it, but I do expect it. Also, lots of confusion and/or brutality fron Snow, Pfle cooking up plans, Deluge going crazier and reasons to be much more terrified of Puk and Pfle.
Old 2016-12-28, 19:40   Link #77
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
So any expectation for Queens guys?
My Little Puk Puck: Friendship Is Magic
Old 2016-12-29, 06:22   Link #78
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Seems like friendship magic power can be adjusted, look how easily Shadow Gale like Puk Puck.
Old 2016-12-31, 11:00   Link #79
Spica

Quote:
R-18 mode... in a game with a half-beast girl, a living doll, two spandex clad nutcases, a girl that makes faces appear on walls by kissing them and a smug ojou with faithful knight included...

Good lord
Miyokata might have encounter a part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Finally, we have a possible antagonist with the power of friendship.

Spoiler for Side Story:
Old 2016-12-31, 12:39   Link #80
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Miyokata might have encounter a part of it.

Finally, we have a possible antagonist with the power of friendship.

Spoiler for Side Story:
What do you... oh, right... that part

Friendship is terrifying. I wonder if MLP has actually had a story like that...

Oh, and about the side story, don't forget
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Tags
magic girl, tragedy