AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-05, 17:55   Link #241
MCAL

A very good episode with some nice comedy moments that never broke the tension. Looks like next episode sh*t will get really real.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 01:35   Link #242
dark998

So it was confirmed Hime was a youkai as well, leaving Akina as the only full human member of the Quarter. And that deal about giving an oversized scarf, where I have seen it before...ah yes, in Shingeki. Though the Yozakura manga is older iirc.

Ao continues to be a valuable asset for the team despite her lack of fighting skills. Mind reading the entire Tokyo population to give the location of the anti-youkai field was quite a feat.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 18:00   Link #243
kyouray
2D > 3D

Upcoming staff (thanks to @ishi_ichi & duckroll)

Quote:
Episode 6 :
Script : Manabu Ishikawa
Episode director : Kiyotaka Suzuki (Hoshi no Umi 2-3 & ep2)
Storyboard : Iwao Teraoka
Animation director : Tatsuro Kawano (ep1)

Episode 7 :
Episode director : Ryohei Takeshita
Storyboard : Kiyotaka Suzuki
Animation director : Hiromi Taniguchi (ep 2)

Episode 8 :
Script : Chika Suzumura
Episode director : Takanori Yano
Storyboard : Katsumi Terahigashi (ep 4)
Animation director : Masayuki Fujita, Shinichi Shigematsu, Kaito Senkouji

Episode 9 :
Episode director : Tatsuya Yoshihara
Storyboard : Iwao Teraoka
Animation director : Takaya Sunagawa, Jiemon Futsuzawa

Episode 10 :
Script : Chika Suzumura
Episode director/Storyboard : Shingo Yamashita (ep 1)
Animation director : Tatsuro Kawano
Hana no Uta really begin in episode 9 episode 11 according to episode titles. Episodes 6 & 7 shoud be good but the most promising episodes are episodes 9 and 10 with Tatsuya Yoshihara and Shingo Yamashita.

Last edited by kyouray; 2013-11-09 at 19:29. Reason: correction - thx to Kakkou
kyouray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 18:32   Link #244
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Hana no Uta seems really begin in episode 9 according to episode titles. Episodes 6 & 7 shoud be good but the most promising episodes are episodes 9 and 10 with Tatsuya Yoshihara and Shingo Yamashita.
Nah, the Hana no Uta arc should begin with ep11 based on those titles.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2013-11-09 at 19:26.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 19:21   Link #245
kyouray
2D > 3D

My bad! I haven't read the volume 8 yet but I thought. Thanks
I wonder how they will introduce Zakuro in the series.
Old 2013-11-09, 19:28   Link #246
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
My bad! I haven't read the volume 8 yet but I thought. Thanks
I wonder how they will introduce Zakuro in the series.
Oops, I meant to say ep11. Fixed it. As for Zakuro, well it looks like they're skipping Hoshi no Umi so I'm curious as well. I suppose they could try and squeeze in some flashbacks or something during the 6/1 arc, but as it is there's quite a few things going on to be covered in 2 eps.

EDIT: Also sad they won't be doing Yuuhi & Mariabelle's arc. I was hoping they'd squeeze it into one ep at least. Plus what we learn from it ties in as a really nice tidbit when Hana no Uta comes. =(
Old 2013-11-09, 20:18   Link #247
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Honestly, anyone who is remotely a fan of this show should really watch Hoshi no Umi immediately. It's as good or better than any of the TV episodes so far.

I also am very curious how they're going to just insert Zakuro. I'm glad they're skipping straight to Lila's Arc, but am concerned that the addition of Zakuro will be handled in a way that's extremely confusing to those who haven't seen the OVA.
Old 2013-11-10, 07:01   Link #248
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Considering the style of the narrative, there is no need for the staff to elaborate much on Zakuro in the TV adaption. Anyone interested can watch the OVA or better read the manga for a more visually appealing experience. Like with most characters their background and relationships can be presented only at their current state which is relevant to the running story, and only if and when it is useful make a flashback.
Old 2013-11-10, 11:34   Link #249
Horse

I'm still betting they will have a Hoshi no Umi recap in the second half of episode 8 (Ibaramichi.). It's weird they started Ibaramichi in the middle of episode 4 and they already covered 7 out of 10 chapters of this arc over those 2.5 episodes. I think they pushed the halves forward to fit the recap and then fix it back on Bluray.

And have a full pool episode too. :P

Last edited by Horse; 2013-11-10 at 12:16. Reason: fixed that title
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 10:53   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The action in episode 6 was bloody awesome. I was just as excited as when watching a Kill la Kill episode (that's a compliment, and a big one at that). I don't know what the best part was: Hime and Kyousuke fighting these overgrown lizards, Kotoha firing a cannon, or Hime unveiling the true dragon lance. The whole episode was amazing.

My only complaint is that Tohka just sat there doing nothing. She's an oni as well, she should have been able to kick some ass.
Old 2013-11-11, 11:12   Link #251
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I liked the cannon but I think the action would have been much better if talking wasn't such a free action and if Akina was more than just a punching bag. There were also quite a few convenient developments but otherwise I did like this episode. Very action packed from start to finish.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 15:51   Link #252
MCAL

That train cannon was pretty damn awesome. I like how Yozakura does battles; taking everything to the extreme.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-11-11 at 17:57.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 23:55   Link #253
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So basically Hime just told Akina to get in the kitchen .

Lot of good and crazy action in this one. Kotoha's idea was pure crazy, but it definitely worked. And Hime pulling off that huge attack was pretty satisfying. The Mayor showing that she knows how to get the job done .

The action was just top notch and over the top. Everyone just stepped up at the right moment to allow the scenes to keep building up.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2013-11-12 at 00:08.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 00:35   Link #254
dark998

Amazing episode, both in action and story development. About time Hime was finally able to use that final stance. And Kotoha was also great with her train cannon even though Yae helped a bit with the accuracy.

Now the identity of that old guy helping Morino is pretty clear and also explains why certain someone went missing for a while.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 01:32   Link #255
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

My biggest issue with this episode was the "bad guys sit and wait while we say a bunch of meaningful stuff" bit towards the end. That was irritating. Fight, then talk! Rest of the episode was pretty sweet. Kotoha is awesome.
Old 2013-11-12, 03:11   Link #256
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
My biggest issue with this episode was the "bad guys sit and wait while we say a bunch of meaningful stuff" bit towards the end. That was irritating. Fight, then talk! Rest of the episode was pretty sweet. Kotoha is awesome.
Hey, good guys sit and do nothing while bad guys monologue and summon their minions too, so it's only fair

That train cannon scene is just pure awesome. I can't think of many more scenes in anime that's more impressive.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 05:00   Link #257
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
And Kotoha was also great with her train cannon even though Yae helped a bit with the accuracy.
That's a mistake by the subber. Kotoha never says Yae's name at all. She said that it was off (her aim). Yuuhi's the one responsible for the wind, a rare moment where he actually does interfere a little.
Old 2013-11-12, 06:37   Link #258
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That's a mistake by the subber. Kotoha never says Yae's name at all. She said that it was off (her aim). Yuuhi's the one responsible for the wind, a rare moment where he actually does interfere a little.
Actually Yuhi helped her with the train canon twice now.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 14:07   Link #259
HandofFate

watched episode 4-6, the bad guys just kind of appeared out of nowhere, and boom battle time..

What kind of youkai or half-yukai is the white haired speedster? Though he was a vampire first impression.

Kind of sad Akina doesn't do anything during battles..other than tuning a car away? Wonder what the other side reacts when it just appears out of nowhere.

I do like how all the power users have some kind of stamina limit or requirement to use it and it isn't just limitless mana.
Old 2013-11-12, 14:43   Link #260
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
watched episode 4-6, the bad guys just kind of appeared out of nowhere, and boom battle time..

What kind of youkai or half-yukai is the white haired speedster? Though he was a vampire first impression.

Kind of sad Akina doesn't do anything during battles..other than tuning a car away? Wonder what the other side reacts when it just appears out of nowhere.

I do like how all the power users have some kind of stamina limit or requirement to use it and it isn't just limitless mana.
"Woo free car!" Probably something like that .

Makes you wonder though. Random car just turns up out of nowhere would be rather surprising. Hopefully these things just pop out already on the ground and don't instead fall from the sky landing on someone .

Tags
harem