AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

Old 2014-06-12, 06:35   Link #81
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
They should easily be able to fit the rest of the chapter into this episode, since it's all action from the start to the end of the VR game, and the rest is fairly short. The "Tokyo issue" should be settled by the time the OP hits, if not the rules description as well. And the chapter-ending onsen scene is probably the shortest one so far. Also, the next chapter isn't all that long either (not to mention the tiny epilogue), so they might bump the onsen scene to next week, as the teaser, and extend the action a bit this week.

Honestly, read back over that chapter and estimate in your mind just how long the game action will take. It's not long at all. Fifteen minutes, tops.

Of course, I've already been wrong once this season estimating adaptation time, but the NGNL anime isn't the adaptation trainwreck that Mahouka's been, so I'm still confident.

BTW, loving how the anime-only viewers all seem convinced this is actually Tokyo (or at least a virtual copy of the real Tokyo) they've been dropped into, rather than a "futuristic" Werebeast capital... Though in their defense, the anime creators cheated. The billboards and signs and such should not be in any Earth language, and they are (they should be in Werebeast).
I fi remembered correctly, there're some kanji, some latin characters, some korean-like characters and some warbeast scripts alike characters in those few scenes...?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 11:35   Link #82
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

So what was that ending at EP12? Is it a hint about not yet translated volumes, or even a hint about unRELEASED volumes, or was it just a generic anime-original hype raiser for a future 2nd season? Anyone knows?
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 11:39   Link #83
Xacual

Apparently it's something that shows up at the very end of volume 6, so it's a pretty huge spoiler.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 11:50   Link #84
Breimoon

Wow, got spoilered by anime. Didn't expect that lol. Does this mean season 2 = confirmed?? cant wait for the vol 5 to be animated.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 12:08   Link #85
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I was expecting a next season tease. Maybe even something involving Volume 6 and the Old Deus, given the previous anime-original scene between Tet and a disembodied OD (probably Artosh), and the fact that the somewhat OD-centric Volume 6 is mostly flashback. I did not expect what is apparently a present time event from the end of that volume. Makes me wonder what kind of literary backflips they'll need to make to get us back on track for Volume 4...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-06-25 at 12:25.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 12:20   Link #86
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

They could probably just wash over the whole thing and forget it ever happened.
Old 2014-06-25, 12:22   Link #87
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I was expecting a next season tease. Maybe even something involving Volume 6 and the Old Deus, given the previous anime-original scene between Tet and a disembodied OD, and the fact that the somewhat OD-centric Volume 6 is mostly flashback. I did not expect what is apparently a present time event from the end of that volume. Makes me wonder what kind of literary backflips they'll need to make to get us back on track for Volume 4...
That scene in Ep 5(?) is straight from the Opening of Vol. 2 ;-)
Spoiler:

They have changed it a bit and shortened it but it was there in the LN.

Still the problem is how they want to get to the ending of Vol. 3 in a non-lame way Something like they only wanted to exchange greetings would come into mind first but that idea would need much polishing before it becomes sth easily acceptable.
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 12:29   Link #88
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
Still the problem is how they want to get to the ending of Vol. 3 in a non-lame way Something like they only wanted to exchange greetings would come into mind first but that idea would need much polishing before it becomes sth easily acceptable.
Thats what I'm expecting them to do. Forgot about the previous OD scene being in the novel.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:03   Link #89
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

Does skipping ahead like that mean a second season is unlikely for now?
chadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 23:37   Link #90
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrew View Post
Does skipping ahead like that mean a second season is unlikely for now?
That would depend on why they did it. They can't just shove this in without a good reason. The OD that appear at the end is even given voice over. I suspect a new anime project coming up soon. Whether it's OVA, movie, or season 2 I'm pretty sure we will hear the announcement in the near future.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 23:51   Link #91
-gold-

I hope for a season 2, I started it yesterday, and now it's over
-gold- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 00:45   Link #92
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

You marathoned it? Cool, that must've been a blast, but you missed the week of agony after cliffhanger episodes like 8
Old 2014-06-26, 01:05   Link #93
shadow1296

i highly doubt this won't do well, i mean it has no real competition this season, nothing of this quality anyway
Old 2014-06-26, 04:20   Link #94
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

From what I've seen of japanese fandoms is that anime sales results tend to align themselves with the already pre-established source material fanbase, so no matter how bad the anime adaptation is, the already established fanbase will buy it up.

They love Mahouka (I read it ranked #1 in newtype, which is just one magazine sure, but still) so I'm guessing Mahouka's sales will reflect that, despite grievances I've read regarding its quality. NGNL isn't as pre-established so it might not do as well. I hear SAO had some quality issues, and yet apparently it did very well in disc sales, thanks to the already-established massive source fanbase, and the second season is on its way very soon.

Now I've not read or watched both of those shows so I can be wrong. I certainly hope I'm wrong about how well NGNL will do in sales. I don't know how well overseas sales factor into studio decisions, but I do know that the western fandom has embraced NGNL like candy, so that's one bright spot.
Old 2014-06-26, 04:24   Link #95
-gold-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
You marathoned it? Cool, that must've been a blast, but you missed the week of agony after cliffhanger episodes like 8
I loved watching it tbh
Quote:
From what I've seen of japanese fandoms is that anime sales results tend to align themselves with the already pre-established source material fanbase, so no matter how bad the anime adaptation is, the already established fanbase will buy it up.

They love Mahouka (I read it ranked #1 in newtype, which is just one magazine sure, but still) so I'm guessing Mahouka's sales will reflect that, despite grievances I've read regarding its quality. NGNL isn't as pre-established so it might not do as well. I hear SAO had some quality issues, and yet apparently it did very well in disc sales, thanks to the already-established massive source fanbase, and the second season is on its way very soon.

Now I've not read or watched both of those shows so I can be wrong. I certainly hope I'm wrong about how well NGNL will do in sales. I don't know how well overseas sales factor into studio decisions, but I do know that the western fandom has embraced NGNL like candy, so that's one bright spot.
Your Ava matches the explanation you just made...I dint understand that
-gold- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 04:38   Link #96
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

LOL!

Basically there are a ton of Mahouka light novel fans, so no matter how good or bad the Mahouka anime ends up being it's going to sell a lot, simply because the target market is so big.

NGNL doesn't have as big of a light novel audience already in place.
Old 2014-06-26, 09:09   Link #97
kagato3

Quote:
LOL!

Basically there are a ton of Mahouka light novel fans, so no matter how good or bad the Mahouka anime ends up being it's going to sell a lot, simply because the target market is so big.

NGNL doesn't have as big of a light novel audience already in place.
but the anime did apparently cause a good spike in novel sales so while it is still not Mahouka levels it might still do fairly well.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 11:56   Link #98
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
but the anime did apparently cause a good spike in novel sales so while it is still not Mahouka levels it might still do fairly well.
The anime approximately bring its novel sell to the level of Mahouka 2 years before they air the Mahouka anime.

-------------

well, from the Amazon PT list, it does seem that NGNL accumulate more PT than Kagerou/Mahouka (both are with high novel sell)
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 17:59   Link #99
Miraluka
Banned

Mahouka already had its fanbase.

In contrast, NGNL won its fandom by sheer pure awesome.

Now you have people praising NGNL anime and people bashing Mahouke anime.

EDIT:

Some extra info:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-24950.html

People find very interesting the author's commentary about the characters from the first BD.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-24954.html
Sora ranked as the 5th smartest character in Japan.

EDIT2:
First anime special is out:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2014/0...ra-scandalous/

This is selling quite well on Amazon Japan, ranked the 14th best selling Blu Ray on the ENTIRE website

Last edited by Miraluka; 2014-06-26 at 18:38.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 18:44   Link #100
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Mahouka already had its fanbase.

In contrast, NGNL won its fandom by sheer pure awesome.

Now you have people praising NGNL anime and people bashing Mahouke anime.

Some extra info:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-24950.html

People find very interesting the author's commentary about the characters from the first BD.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-24954.html
Sora ranked as the 5th smartest character in Japan.
Mahouka has an interesting premise and a detailed world setting, but really not much more than that. The secondary characters are generally interesting, and even get to show that from time to time, but usually we're stuck following one or the other of the Shiba sibs, who are both anything but.

By contrast, there's very much an unplanned "seat of your pants" vibe in NGNL that nevertheless fits together extremely well if you don't examine the puzzle pieces too closely... And the most boring character in NGNL makes the most interesting in Mahouka look like a coma patient.

Not to mention it's a meta masterpiece. By the time it's done, its TV Tropes page should be one of the biggest on the site. It's been a while since I saw a series that had its own "theme phrase" so well worked into the series as this one:

(Paraphrasing a little) "When was the last time you just let yourself have fun...?"