AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-28, 09:08   Link #1261
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Just so we're on the same page, when i said "She made lame excuses like 'I can't really trust him'", by him I was reffering to that Armor guy. Even Shichika pointed out the contradiction.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 09:31   Link #1262
attobyte

After watching up to ep. 04, I don't know why but the thought that the last battle will be Shichika x Nanami is in my mind.
After all...
Spoiler for Katanagatari Ep. 04:

I only hope no tragedy takes place.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 09:40   Link #1263
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Just so we're on the same page, when i said "She made lame excuses like 'I can't really trust him'", by him I was reffering to that Armor guy. Even Shichika pointed out the contradiction.
Oh. Sorry. My head was going wrong places or something.
Anyway.

Itezora Konayuki, the adorable snow loli, is voiced by Hidaka Rina who is only 16 herself but already starred in Toaru Majutsu no Index (as Last Order loli Misaka) and xxxHolic (as Kohane Tsuyuri). An alternative EP6 preview is also posted on the website.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-05-28 at 09:50.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 16:41   Link #1264
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
This show is terribly dirty, lol. It doesn't really get anywhere near being explicit, but it turns my pervert switch right on.

I can say that was pretty much the most successful aspect of this episode. From a certain perspective, that's a pretty significant downgrade in comparison to earlier episodes. Since those episodes aren't fresh in my mind though, and since none of them quite managed to reach or make me expect perfection anyway, I can say I fully enjoyed this one.

Some of you guys mentioned this episode focusing on character development...there was certainly some of that, though I feel more salient/interesting was the foreshadowing with the mysterious princess lady and new Maniwa dude who didn't even fight. However, what I want to bring up here is in relation to all the 'Shichika is a sociopath' talk going on earlier. Let's compare and contrast:

Shichika slew Meisai, an honourable warrior with good intentions, in an unnecessary battle to the death. Afterwards, when Togame came, he promptly cheerfully waved and smiled. Conversely, Togame seemed to regret her death.

On the other hand, in this episode here, Togame matter of factly proposes several fairly underhanded and gruesome strategies of death. Shichika in contrast is somewhat put off by them. What makes the difference?

lol, I suppose I'll just say straight up here that I rejected the idea of Shichika as a sociopath. Death is a somewhat malleable thing. Shichika actually comes off rather simply to me as someone for whom death, or more precisely the struggle for life, is a natural thing, such that failure or success in the course of it (a struggle) is simply a fact of existence. The unnatural struggle of a slow, helpless death like Togame describes thus freaks him out. Togame's attitude is contrastingly somewhat more interesting/contradictory, in that she seems to regret 'unnecessary' killings and yet can so easily default to such detached strategems as she demonstrated in this episode.
And yet, this time, she asked Shichika to avoid killing him. Probably because she regretted not giving that order when facing Meisai.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 17:16   Link #1265
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Itezora Konayuki, the adorable snow loli, is voiced by Hidaka Rina who is only 16 herself but already starred in Toaru Majutsu no Index (as Last Order loli Misaka) and xxxHolic (as Kohane Tsuyuri). An alternative EP6 preview is also posted on the website.
Now i've seen her appearance, i can easily see Itezora Konayuki fitting the role nicely. Really good choice there.

Looks like that Maniwa meet-up will be interesting.
Old 2010-05-29, 10:54   Link #1266
Nilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Now i've seen her appearance, i can easily see Itezora Konayuki fitting the role nicely. Really good choice there.

Looks like that Maniwa meet-up will be interesting.

Oh I am so excited, and I love character discussions! XD Wait, I'll think of something smart to post after my exams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
This show is terribly dirty, lol. It doesn't really get anywhere near being explicit, but it turns my pervert switch right on.
I agree with you! XD I'm not even a that much of a pervert, and it's not even on the subtext level or anything, it's so blatantly trolling us all.

AND THIS STUFF IS SO CUTE IT MAKES ME STEAL SCREENSHOTS AND EDIT THEM WITH PAINT WHEN I SHOULD BE STUDYING!
Spoiler for Ep 06 fluff from preview:

If someone could make me an gif icons of those last two screens then I would give them cookies and probably a fic prompt request!

Last edited by Nilie; 2010-05-29 at 15:45.
Nilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 00:16   Link #1267
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I agree episode 5 was the weakest so far, but there were still some good moments in it. Cheerio!

Spoiler for ep 5:
God that Cheerio scene was just awesome, it was really hilarious just how much she freaked out of it, and how Shichika knew even D:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
And my God, what a terrible ED song... No offense to the seiyuu. ><
I agree worst ED yet :/, hope the next one is better.

On the episode it was pretty good I enjoyed it, and god dam he is freaking strong, and I wonder what the girl at the start is planning. Also I think I'd rate episode wise:
3 > 5 > 4 > 2 > 1
ED them wise:
4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 5
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 06:09   Link #1268
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I agree worst ED yet
Still, even this supposedly worst ending song is quite good and like most of others, grew on me rather fast, this time because of lyrics and, well, Yukarin's vocals :3
Old 2010-05-30, 09:45   Link #1269
Nilie

Quote:
Still, even this supposedly worst ending song is quite good and like most of others, grew on me rather fast, this time because of lyrics and, well, Yukarin's vocals :3
Although I wonder, pray tell, what are the odds of the soon to be released OST to contain the full version of those ED and OP? Are we gonna have to track and order 12 singles? T_T I don't think I can do that! They are all lovely.

Although I did not like the last one in ep5 much, it did grow on me <strike>while I was trying to take screenshots to upload in my previous post</strike>, the thing is, so far, or at least until episode 04, it seemed the song were chosen after one of the themes of the episodes, mainly the character focused on.

Like Nanami, for ep4, the song sounded like something a person powerful despite herself and unable to chose death when she is sickly and slightly like a sociopath would think. What do you think?
Old 2010-05-30, 13:40   Link #1270
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Although I wonder, pray tell, what are the odds of the soon to be released OST to contain the full version of those ED and OP?
Eh? OP was released as a separate single back in January. Full endings are released with every episode's respective Blu-ray (or limited edition DVD) as a bonus CD.
No separate release for endings is planned as far as I know.

...or you could always find them online.

Quote:
it seemed the song were chosen after one of the themes of the episodes, mainly the character focused on.
I think its mostly the mood, not any certain character... Well, except for EP5 in which ending is a character song for Togame.
Old 2010-05-30, 16:48   Link #1271
Nilie

Quote:
...or you could always find them online.

God bless that aspect of the internetz. Kinda though when you can't torrent though. Oh well. I'll wait.
Old 2010-06-01, 06:40   Link #1272
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Old 2010-06-01, 06:42   Link #1273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Not my favorite of the episode cards, though it's still plenty awesome.
Old 2010-06-01, 11:25   Link #1274
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Is this a caption competition?

"In Russia, lolis kill you with cursed demon swords".
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 15:01   Link #1275
Nosauz

white haired jumpluff? there will be no problem killing that
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 15:38   Link #1276
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Is this a caption competition?

"In Russia, lolis kill you with cursed demon swords".
"My loliness gives me super-strength".
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 15:47   Link #1277
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"In a video game, if you see a little loli girl with a big weapon... best run away because she will hand you your ass and split the continent" -- things anime teaches.
Old 2010-06-02, 04:48   Link #1278
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Well... I really don't know what else to say. Thumbnail is clickable, will net you a bigger image.

Fabulous scoundrel, that Koumori.
Old 2010-06-02, 04:49   Link #1279
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my, so pretty. It has signature material written all over it.
Old 2010-06-02, 05:02   Link #1280
Kakkou
Tch.

Sure does. Take's go one of the best styles. I'm a little sad the Maniwani ended up under the box though. Underdogs for life =(.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy