AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-07, 21:25   Link #121
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've never watched Tsukiyomi, but come to think of it, Matsuri does looks like a grown up version of Hazuki... Only because of her eyes and hair
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 22:29   Link #122
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Whoa, loved the first episode. Mamiko Noto FTW! Man, I hate her sometimes but she's soooo good in this series.

Spoiler for on Aono:

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 04:26   Link #123
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Whoa, loved the first episode. Mamiko Noto FTW! Man, I hate her sometimes but she's soooo good in this series.

Spoiler for on Aono:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-10, 01:38   Link #124
Icerack

It would make sense that she is a vampire, but then it could be that she's sensitive to the sun. But then again, why would some guy try to attack her like she was a vampire. They also hint that she likes tomato juice... which could be just a coincedence.
Icerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 22:31   Link #125
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

And Lunar is out the gate first! Lunar fansubs has posted the first episode fansub torrent... elsewhere.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 22:47   Link #126
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Darn! I wasn't fast enough for Crow beats me by a mile. Yay for Lunar. Couldn't be more happier as they are one my favourite group. Folks that were waiting for the sub will be in for a treat.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 22:51   Link #127
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Don't forget us! Anyway, episode 1's out, enjoy! (Although I still have no idea how the plot's going to turn out).

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:05   Link #128
Kamesan

Awesome! I have something to watch tonight. I'm glad because I'd been looking forward to sola and one my favorite groups (Doremi) is subbing it.
Kamesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:14   Link #129
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

After reading four pages of postings in this thread, I still haven't got much of an idea what this show is about. Is there anything deeper here than a bunch of cute girls? At least reading the El Cazador thread I knew it was another BeeTrain girls-with-guns show before it was released. Reading this thread left me entirely in the dark about the subject matter.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:15   Link #130
jedinat

The first episode didn't interest me much... The protagonist has an annoying voice and it doesn't look like he's going to be bitten by the vampire girl anytime soon. It's also just too full of anime clichés... and the guy's fascination with the sky is lame. (it's obvious where that's going )
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:37   Link #131
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Whoa - Doremi and Lunar? That's quality overkill, Baby! Given the good taste of the subbers, I'm gonna have to check this one out.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:57   Link #132
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
Don't forget us! Anyway, episode 1's out, enjoy! (Although I still have no idea how the plot's going to turn out).
I just saw your release. Will get it too just because you are considered a celebrity because your group subs Kenichi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seijisensei
After reading four pages of postings in this thread, I still haven't got much of an idea what this show is about. Is there anything deeper here than a bunch of cute girls? At least reading the El Cazador thread I knew it was another BeeTrain girls-with-guns show before it was released. Reading this thread left me entirely in the dark about the subject matter.
The plot direction is still vague as of episode 1. We just know the main girl avoids light, has problems with vending machine, doesn't mind picking on a vending machine, and the vending machine offers her tomato juice so she would stop kicking it. The attractive quality for some of us who have liked the first episode is the mood and the atmosphere the show has coveyed. You will probably get the same vibe once you watch the episode for yourself.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 00:07   Link #133
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm more of a simple man The first thing that attracted me was the character design

The first episode is good in the sense that it served it's purposes as an introduction.

I have nothing against any of the characters, they're all rather likeable... But I do admit, being obsessed with the sky is kinda weird
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 00:30   Link #134
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm more of a simple man The first thing that attracted me was the character design

The first episode is good in the sense that it served it's purposes as an introduction.

I have nothing against any of the characters, they're all rather likeable... But I do admit, being obsessed with the sky is kinda weird
lol likewise, my first thought when seeing this anime was the character designs, the second was the fact that it's a joint project from the creators of da capo and kanon...

By the way chaos what anime is your avatar from?
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 00:34   Link #135
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The emphasis on rain, night -- and the audio drama and accompanying song has my initial interest. We'll see where it goes.... (every series has a win or crash possibility).
Old 2007-04-11, 00:43   Link #136
FubaredByAnime

I don't know if anyone else has been there, but I think the city was modeled after Nagasaki. The memories of river bridges, churches, oceanside view, old-school trams and ridiculous number of extreme-sloping hills kept flooding back to me as I was watching this.
FubaredByAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 04:57   Link #137
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This was one of the shows i was looking towards the most, and it seems it has met my expectations. The artwork is very nice and i like the VA for Matsuri. The mood is nicely set with emphasis on the sky and rain. Whether Sola stands for sky or being alone, i think both of them fit here.

So, Matsuri is a vampire... or so they would like us to believe. There are some obvious hints towards that (and no - the tomato juice is not one of them... who the heck came up with the idea that vampires must like Tomato juice anyway ), but seeing this is from Kanon/Da Capo writers, i expect a twist. Though the hints are pretty strong... and we have a scene in the ED with Matsuri lying on the ground with 2 crosses beside her.

Either way i think it is safe to say she is not "normal", but the whole vampire thing, imo, is just an obvious bit they are trowing at us to conceal the real matter
That flashback...hm...was that her in the cave ? Perhaps she ran away, and that is why she is being hunted. Btw - that vampire hunter loli companion seems like something pulled out from Rozen Maiden Heck, she even was in a box at first

So, we have the obligatory childhood friend (let the love triangle begin), and a sister(what are chances of them being blood related ? ... now all we need is for Matsuri to move in to the guy's house ) , who, seemingly, has problems with daylight. Some illness or something more related to Matsuri's case? Either way - i think she and Matsuri could make good friends.

The guy is seriously obsessed with sky though , but he seems like a pretty nice guy overall. (And at least he didn't have a nosebleed when his view of the sky was blocked by a certain some one's pantsu Perhaps we actually have a protagonist who doesn't run screaming when in contact with the opposite sex

I think i got more Moon Phase vibes than anything else ... though it does have the feeling of Air about it ... i still think this is going to end up as a tragedy
The fact they don't have to worry about crap like merging several "routes" together is definitely going to be a plus as far as the story structure is concerned.

Very good, looking towards for more.
Old 2007-04-11, 05:05   Link #138
Ch1kane

oh so is from the dacapo writers....no wonder i find the characters looks similar anyway. first epi doesn't really reveal anything but i'm interested in that white hair girl...so will see how it goes
Ch1kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 05:12   Link #139
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1kane View Post
oh so is from the dacapo writers....no wonder i find the characters looks similar anyway. first epi doesn't really reveal anything but i'm interested in that white hair girl...so will see how it goes
One of Kanon's writer and Da Capo's artists to be more precise. None of the Da Capo writers are involved in this.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-11, 07:00   Link #140
manly_madonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
One of Kanon's writer and Da Capo's artists to be more precise. None of the Da Capo writers are involved in this.

Cheers.
I should hope that none of the DC writers are involved. My head still spins everytime I try and dig through it's horrible plotholes to make sense of both seasons. Ask for me, I'll wait until a few more eps are released before I try dl'ing anything. I'll lurk for a while to see if this is a great series or if it's going to end up being another harem series that was simply good enough to pass the time while waiting for the next great series to come out. And from viewing the posts here so far, it's turning out to be more of the latter.
manly_madonna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural