AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-06, 14:49   Link #41
Rainne

how about The different world magic is too behind!, it has very difficult magic names, and should prove difficult to translate.
Old 2015-02-06, 15:04   Link #42
Karolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
how about The different world magic is too behind!, it has very difficult magic names, and should prove difficult to translate.
pretty sure thats what he's NOT looking for
Old 2015-02-06, 16:33   Link #43
HandofFate

Would you read a japanese webnovel about a guy translating webnovels for others (after being reincarnated from a past life of being someone fluent in japanese)
Old 2015-02-06, 17:14   Link #44
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Would you read a japanese webnovel about a guy translating webnovels for others (after being reincarnated from a past life of being someone fluent in japanese)
Depends. It would be interesting if that person acquires powers where if someone annoying comes that keeps going "Durr, Update when?", their heads explode.

Also they acquire a harem through their mad translating skills that keeps distracting them as that person coldly gives them the cold shoulder.
Old 2015-02-10, 01:59   Link #45
mPervy
Professional NEET

I suggest Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja. I don't know what is it about, except for that it was about some dude got tranfered to a game and became a cute summoner(a gender bend), but saw the illustration and it seem nice.
Old 2015-02-10, 02:12   Link #46
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Interesting thread.
Funny, most of Narou novels I read on daily basis seem to have no English translations or fans, yet ironically, many of the titles I dropped in disappointment actually gets popular here.
Old 2015-02-10, 02:33   Link #47
mPervy
Professional NEET

^Well, to be honest, the reason why many of good novel that You read didn't have many fans was because they didn't know about it. Many people here didn't even know about Narou, and for people who knows only look for the WN that already had thread in AS. Narou thread was too massive with all those WN got jumbled around to the point that it was confusing for people who's not used or know the novel before. So it was understandable I guess.
Old 2015-02-10, 05:19   Link #48
vivaldi_in_tropical

thread starter haven't voiced his comment for a while, maybe he already decide something ?
by the way i vote for new gate
Old 2015-02-11, 18:53   Link #49
mj31382

nah. was spending (a lot of) time reading Bu ni mi sasagete hyaku to yotoshi; now at chapter 15, where things start to get interesting (harem flag).

there are a lot of descriptive verbs and ended up feeling it was a bit too difficult to translate...so continue reading instead of translating. wakaka. (did made a translation halfway and saw how sucks I was)

kaette mo kitemo fantasy is much easier but gave up after 2nd chapter. too shonen generic.

anyway, i decided to join Re:translation to translate Shinka no Mi since my skill sucks...

look forward to it..(hopefully)
Old 2015-02-11, 20:57   Link #50
vivaldi_in_tropical

i use two mtl and a dictionary and it's still hard to do it. yep i know how you feel. we just ended up reading it.
Closed Thread

Tags
light novels, translation