AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 9 20.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 27.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-19, 06:45   Link #41
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
OOH !!! you naughty Slasher. Shizuo is after you now. You're SO DEAD !!!
err originally slasher after Shizuo

Last edited by ~oNe~; 2010-04-19 at 06:47. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 2010-04-19, 07:20   Link #42
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
Shizuo was awesome for the minute or so screen time he had in this episode. Coming with one of the best quotes so far in the show.

"They pull out a knife, you rip out their spine, you know."

Also, the elevator scene was very lulzy.
Old 2010-04-19, 08:05   Link #43
dollars_

Send a message via MSN to dollars_
~oNe~, I don't think you should post any information from the light novel in this thread... or if you really want to, you should at least put them in a spoiler tag. People here simply state their speculation, not questions that need immediate answers.
Old 2010-04-19, 08:41   Link #44
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoilers are NOT allowed, even under spoiler tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-04-19, 08:56   Link #45
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollars_ View Post
~oNe~, I don't think you should post any information from the light novel in this thread... or if you really want to, you should at least put them in a spoiler tag. People here simply state their speculation, not questions that need immediate answers.
well, you right, sorry but i still try make a speculation base for the novel series because its different like a parallel world but still related and in order to find a clue about DRRR vol 8 after all.
Old 2010-04-19, 09:34   Link #46
Iron Maw
Banned

^You should delete your post.
Old 2010-04-19, 10:06   Link #47
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
^You should delete your post.
Yes i will
Old 2010-04-19, 11:43   Link #48
Dollars.jp
Access Denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by wry bread View Post
Call me on this if I'm wrong, but somehow I doubt the one that knocked off Celty's helmet was Haruna. Didn't that one have short hair? Also, I'm pretty sure that was just a random guy that Celty was trying to take the briefcase from...the hairstyle does look somewhat similar, but like you said demeanor and attitude are completely different (voice too...but then again?)
Yeah, I'm probably looking way too far into things with the perverted teacher comparison, but I at least thought it was mildly interesting :P

I'll have to go back and watch episode 5, I thought that the slasher who attacked Celty was the one with long hair, guess I might have gotten confused there.
Old 2010-04-19, 15:46   Link #49
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Also Shinra likes his secrets.
HE is also keeping a lot more secrets. At least he told Celty about the sword, but I get the feeling that it is too late. He is not activitely helping her, he comes clean about things he know when Celty kind of find about them. I bet he still know a lot more. He is not Celty's ally, because he could have called Celty and told her where his father was but he kept quiet, completely still in selfish mode.
Old 2010-04-19, 18:44   Link #50
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
HE is also keeping a lot more secrets. At least he told Celty about the sword, but I get the feeling that it is too late. He is not activitely helping her, he comes clean about things he know when Celty kind of find about them. I bet he still know a lot more. He is not Celty's ally, because he could have called Celty and told her where his father was but he kept quiet, completely still in selfish mode.
I really doubt that he's keeping anymore secrets more regarding her head, nor is there a reason to. Your bold point isn't true anyway, he let his knowledge slip about Saika because he himself was researching it. Unlike last time with Yagiri stuff he told her instead of keeping the info. Also pretty I'm sure sure Celty knew were his father was.
Old 2010-04-20, 02:23   Link #51
Crontica

It's still pretty disturbing evidence.
When did Shinra's Father cut off Celty's head? Could it be Celty was a normal human all along? Im still reeling from the couple arc.
Old 2010-04-20, 03:23   Link #52
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hmm Shinra's father cut off Celty's head with Saika . So , Saika can be wields by anyone and you'll become a crazy slasher ?

For Shinra , he just want to stay with Celty forever and don't want her to looking for her head cuz they are fine like that and fear that when she'll recover her memories , it won't be the same.
So , he keep the informations secrets unless it needed .

Also , The Slasher must kill/beat the sick teacher ...

Ow , finally Kida met Saki . Wonder what kind of relations have they .
Old 2010-04-20, 03:25   Link #53
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
It's still pretty disturbing evidence.
When did Shinra's Father cut off Celty's head? Could it be Celty was a normal human all along? Im still reeling from the couple arc.
ahhh... I don't get it either. I'm under the impression that Celty's head was already separated from her body when Shinra's dad met her. Unless we're talking about some kind of invisible thread that ties the head to Celty.... actually, they did mention the sword is used to cut off the soul. um. But wasn't Celty searching for her head when she first met Shinra and his dad??

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-04-20, 03:43   Link #54
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
ahhh... I don't get it either. I'm under the impression that Celty's head was already separated from her body when Shinra's dad met her. Unless we're talking about some kind of invisible thread that ties the head to Celty.... actually, they did mention the sword is used to cut off the soul. um. But wasn't Celty searching for her head when she first met Shinra and his dad??
From my understanding, Shingen used Saika to cut Celty's head off, and Shinra did not know this until much later. Headless Celty just happened to bump into Shingen while searching for her head who then took advantage of her and experimented on her (why he didn't just experimented on her when he cut her head off I don't know). It would make sense for Celty to bump into Shingen sooner or later since he had her head and she had a general direction where her head is.
Old 2010-04-20, 03:54   Link #55
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
The saika is a pretty ancient sword plus Shingen could not have married yet when the incident happened.

Shinra did mention that at a young age when he told Shingen about the headless body at the harbor his reaction was surprisingly indifferent.

Spoiler for Thoughts:
Old 2010-04-20, 06:23   Link #56
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I'm under the impression that Celty's head was already separated from her body when Shinra's dad met her. Unless we're talking about some kind of invisible thread that ties the head to Celty
Well, Dullahans casually carry their head in their hands instead of having it attached to their necks, so I assume that there was indeed a bond between Celty and her head, which was forcefully cut off.
Old 2010-04-20, 08:03   Link #57
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Spoiler for Thoughts:
well we will know when celty got back her lost head

than about 2nd op & ed.

Spoiler for opening:

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2010-04-20, 09:49   Link #58
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Headless Celty just happened to bump into Shingen while searching for her head who then took advantage of her and experimented on her (why he didn't just experimented on her when he cut her head off I don't know)..
He likely didn't have any of his equipment on him at that time, and dragging around her body would be a hassle. So bring back a part of her for study works better for him.

Quote:
The saika is a pretty ancient sword plus Shingen could not have married yet when the incident happened.

Spoiler for Thoughts:
I'm with you on that assessment. I don't think Celty's head and body ever had physical connection besides appearance, but rather a spiritual one. When she was struck with Saika Shingen severed that part of her soul damaging her mind.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-04-20 at 10:12.
Old 2010-04-20, 09:57   Link #59
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally got a chance to sit down and watch episode 14 uninterrupted. I must say it was quite interesting. We had a couple secrets come out and im starting to wonder what else Shinra's knows that hes not telling Selty. Shinra's reasoning for not telling Selty that his dad used Saika to cut off her head for study. In my opinion thats a piece of important information that should have divulged. However, it did seem like Selty had started to give up looking for her head. In that fact i can understand why he didnt say anything. But this again makes me question what else he knows. he said Saika is sword that severs the thread of the soul. So its not like anyone could just take the head the connection to Selty's body had to be severed which is why the sword was used and probably why her head is asleep. Does the head need the body in order function even though Dullahan's carry their heads in their hands there is still obviously a connection on a spirit level i guess if you sever that im guessing it takes something else to besides the body to get it jump started. Also, if Selty's head wakes up will she be able to feel it and determine its location? Izaya has the head and Selty was there and she did feel the presence of the head there but that might be because its asleep.

Im not sure if it was the ultimate plan or if the plan is Izaya's end result. But at least we know what hes been working towards and why hes caused and getting ready to cause the chaos that he has. The end result being to awaken Selty's head to see if Dullahan and Valkyries are one in the same. Shinra's father is involved as well i think these two are getting ready to cause some serious shit. By not directly influencing Selty but the people around her. Its actually a pretty decent plan however i have feeling it will yield the results they are looking for.

If Shinra was not in the picture i would totally go for a ShizuoxCelty paring. Honestly, i like him more than Shinra his antics are just top notch lol. This episode was great with his "gonna kill him gonna kill him" chant i was dying. Celty once again goes super cute mode when talking to Izaya when he asked what would she do if another headless woman came along lmao. Celty is indeed showing more and more human qualities and it must Shinra's influence.

Shinra's dad is just a wacky SOB but damn he managed to outsmart Celty with that elevator move but hes still dumbass lol. He seem very important to the plot given who much knowledge he has.

Im very interested in Kida's friend or ex girlfriend and what her story is. Why she has been in the hospital for so long and what her connection is to Izaya. It seems he does not visit her as frequently as he did before and im wondering why that is. She very cute btw so it will interesting if they end up on opposite sides of whatever is getting ready to happen. In the OP and ED they have her at Izaya's side so of course this is sparking my curiosity even more.

One of the many aspects of Drrr that i love is the many side stories that connect back to the main plot and the interaction between all the characters. Now, we Mikado who seems to be very familiar with Selty at least enough for her ask whats bothering him. This kind of high character interactions allows the viewer to care about all the parties even if they are a shady character. I love Izaya even though hes not exactly a nice guy.

The OP has finally grown on me.
Old 2010-04-20, 10:14   Link #60
dollars_

Send a message via MSN to dollars_
One thing that occurs to me -

Spoiler:
Closed Thread