Notices

Old 2013-12-20, 10:06   Link #1601
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
.. those are some bad thoughts Chuck, very bad thoughts
Cut dat bro some slack. It implies he made it back in this alternative timeline because the only way that's going to happen is AFTER handshaking with Oni-chichi Pentacoast.

Though I am disturbed by Mankanshoku Mako as Mori Mako. Someone thinks like me.
Old 2014-01-12, 08:07   Link #1602
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I love these ILM vids.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-01-19, 12:22   Link #1603
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

... not everything, but a decent amount of what was wrong with this one
Old 2014-01-19, 13:26   Link #1604
HighGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post

Shorter and sweeter

HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:31   Link #1605
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
Shorter and sweeter

So does this invalidate in any way the previous points made Or just reminds us the obvious (though many times forgotten) that criticizing is way easier than creating something we care to talk about
Old 2014-01-20, 10:57   Link #1606
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

More ILM videos fore you, renegade.

Old 2014-01-21, 07:38   Link #1607
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post

Okay, I get that this is supposed to be a humorous, sarcastic video, and a good number of these points were good, but it kills the humor and sarcasm when the guy starts talking like an idiot and disses on things that were clearly explained.

1. "...is that all? 6 full days of that thing rampaging through three major cities and only tens of thousands died?"

I'm pretty sure that the Kaiju don't just appear in the middle of cities or teleport, and I'm also pretty sure that the government of whatever cities are about to get hit would let the populace know when the kaiju get near, and I'm pretty sure that the major majority of said populace would get the heck out of Dodge and not wait for these things to stomp on them.
Naturally evacuations are never ideal or perfect, hence the tens of thousands that didn't get out in time.

2. "Just like most movie villains, the Kaiju ignore their perfect opportunity to finish Striker, and one of them even swims away."

Remember the little clearly-stated line where it was perfectly communicated that the Kaiju are there for the doctor guy who drifted with a Kaiju? As was also clearly revealed and shown, the Kaiju aren't wild beasts randomly rampaging around, they're genetically engineered footsoldiers with objectives. Otachi swims away to complete their intended objective, as was also stated and shown again shortly later.

3. "Kind of convenient that the Kaiju didn't use any of the awesome new attacks on Gipsy that had been so effective on the other three Jaegers." (shows Leatherback's EMP weapon)

Change "any of" to "1" and start again. And one of the very first things Gipsy did was rip out the new EMP weapon that had been so effective. Hard to use something you don't have.

4. "The second Kaiju has been really innefficient in his destruction of the city while this is all going on."

Um, refer to number 2.

5. "Where the f*ck did the mathematician come from? He wasn't with the Always Sunny guy throughout the entire ordeal."

Oh my Go- What is this guy's damage??? The Marshall had specifically told him to go there. Of course he's going to appear where's he's been told to go. And this scene is supposed to be something like a half hour after that.
Old 2014-01-21, 10:26   Link #1608
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Okay, I get that this is supposed to be a humorous, sarcastic video, and a good number of these points were good, but it kills the humor and sarcasm when the guy starts talking like an idiot and disses on things that were clearly explained.

1. "...is that all? 6 full days of that thing rampaging through three major cities and only tens of thousands died?"

I'm pretty sure that the Kaiju don't just appear in the middle of cities or teleport, and I'm also pretty sure that the government of whatever cities are about to get hit would let the populace know when the kaiju get near, and I'm pretty sure that the major majority of said populace would get the heck out of Dodge and not wait for these things to stomp on them.
Naturally evacuations are never ideal or perfect, hence the tens of thousands that didn't get out in time.

2. "Just like most movie villains, the Kaiju ignore their perfect opportunity to finish Striker, and one of them even swims away."

Remember the little clearly-stated line where it was perfectly communicated that the Kaiju are there for the doctor guy who drifted with a Kaiju? As was also clearly revealed and shown, the Kaiju aren't wild beasts randomly rampaging around, they're genetically engineered footsoldiers with objectives. Otachi swims away to complete their intended objective, as was also stated and shown again shortly later.

3. "Kind of convenient that the Kaiju didn't use any of the awesome new attacks on Gipsy that had been so effective on the other three Jaegers." (shows Leatherback's EMP weapon)

Change "any of" to "1" and start again. And one of the very first things Gipsy did was rip out the new EMP weapon that had been so effective. Hard to use something you don't have.

4. "The second Kaiju has been really innefficient in his destruction of the city while this is all going on."

Um, refer to number 2.

5. "Where the f*ck did the mathematician come from? He wasn't with the Always Sunny guy throughout the entire ordeal."

Oh my Go- What is this guy's damage??? The Marshall had specifically told him to go there. Of course he's going to appear where's he's been told to go. And this scene is supposed to be something like a half hour after that.
... Hey man, don't get work up by those killjoys, they said in their own critic that they didn't enjoy movies, and they're doing it to pi$$ off and troll fans

... But, most of us are glad that you take the defense man!

*sigh* It's been more than a month that i lend my BD to my brother, and i want to rewatch it(Even i learned the fight scènes eyes closed, or hear 'Pegasus Meteor Fist' version)...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 12:23   Link #1609
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
The bold part covers me. Of course, because it's a sarcastic video, so some points were exaggerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
... Hey man, don't get work up by those killjoys, they said in their own critic that they didn't enjoy movies, and they're doing it to pi$$ off and troll fans
When anyone isn't sharing an opinion he isn't a killjoy, a troll, or whatever else. She just disagrees.
Old 2014-01-21, 14:10   Link #1610
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Actually, only tens of thousands dead would be amazing. You don't evacuate major cities like you do a single village. The roads would be congested into uselessness, and where would you put all those millions of people? How would you feed them?

Quote:

At that point, Gipsy Danger was the only potential impediment to their fulfilling their mission. It would completely make sense to take a few minutes to make sure it's out of the game for good.

But really, don't take things so personally. Unless you're Guillermo Del Toro, in which case, hey, great movie!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 14:27   Link #1611
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

What's more clear is that the Jaegar's are a threat to the Kaiju and their objective, leaving one intact when it's in front of them, but not moving, is dumb.

Quote:
It's supposed to be something like a half hour? that's not good communication.

They critique and poke fun at a lot of movies, they've even poked fun at themselves.

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 14:27   Link #1612
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, only tens of thousands dead would be amazing. You don't evacuate major cities like you do a single village. The roads would be congested into uselessness, and where would you put all those millions of people? How would you feed them?
Putting aside the latter parts of that (where they would go and how you'd feed them really have no impact on how many people are able to evacuate, just on what happens to them after they have done so, the tens of thousands of deaths were caused by the Kaiju attack itself, not the after effects), you're assuming that they'd all be try and take their cars all the way out of the cities. The every first scene of the movie, we see that the populace had abandoned all their cars on the bridge. Going on foot may sound innefective, but considering that the Kaiju wasn't moving at blinding speed, it wouldn't be hard to stay ahead of it with a head start, which the government would undoubtedly give (and is shown in that same scene), and the military fighting it which would at least slow it down while it wipes them out.
But again, as I said myself, no evactuation is ideal or perfect, and that's where the casualties come from. But it wasn't like Man of Steel where the bad guys suddenly showed up and before anybody knew it, there was mass destruction and carnage everywhere.

Quote:
At that point, Gipsy Danger was the only potential impediment to their fulfilling their mission. It would completely make sense to take a few minutes to make sure it's out of the game for good.
Ummmm, you mean Striker Eureka........
And it would also completely make sense for one of the two Kaiju to focus on their mission while the other sticks with Striker.
And by the way, I was saying the diss on Otachi leaving to do its work was BS,
Quote:
Otachi swims away to complete their intended objective
not Leatherback just circling Striker instead of finishing it off. I said many of the video's points were good. Please make sure to read my whole post if you're going to criticize, less you miss context and other important bits, resulting in an empty point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
What's more clear is that the Jaegar's are a threat to the Kaiju and their objective, leaving one intact when it's in front of them, but not moving, is dumb.
Wow, you guys are totally mixing up what I'm saying. Refer to above.

Quote:
It's supposed to be something like a half hour? that's not good communication.
*sigh* I was NOT being accurate. I simply threw out a number to illustrate my point. It's the same thing as saying "the odds are a million to one."

Nitpicking much, guys?

Last edited by Shinji103; 2014-01-21 at 14:38.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 14:41   Link #1613
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Pointing out flaws isn't nit picking. They should have taken it out while they were there

How quick someone pops up in the next scene almost immediately when they aren't even in the vicinity is always a gripe everyone has that notices it.
Old 2014-01-21, 14:45   Link #1614
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Pointing out flaws isn't nit picking. They should have taken it out while they were there
*facepalm* I was saying you guys were nitpicking what I said.

Quote:
How quick someone pops up in the next scene almost immediately when they aren't even in the vicinity is always a gripe everyone has that notices it.
*facepalm again* It wasn't immediately after. I don't see why you guys are assuming that. If there was no gap of some amount of time, then why wasn't it still raining when math guy met up with glasses guy? I shouldn't even have to be getting so technical to point this out in the first place.
Haven't scene transitions ever had time gaps of as much as hours and days even? You have one scene, then the movie skips to a certain amount of time later in the next scene. Why is this so hard to grasp?
Old 2014-01-21, 15:00   Link #1615
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

There was nothing to mix up the explanation was still crap.
Old 2014-01-21, 15:06   Link #1616
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
There was nothing to mix up the explanation was still crap.
I'm going to assume you meant the movie's explanation and weren't actually directing that at me.

There was no explanation needed; movies always have time skips in scene transitions. Sometimes it's a few minutes, sometimes a half hour, sometimes it's the next day, sometimes it's the next week.
Old 2014-01-21, 15:17   Link #1617
james0246

Quote:
Haven't scene transitions ever had time gaps of as much as hours and days even? You have one scene, then the movie skips to a certain amount of time later in the next scene. Why is this so hard to grasp?
Mostly because the baby thingy was already dead well before the bespectacled man arrived, but only when he appeared did the Always Sunny guy say the brain was going to die in "5 minutes". It takes 5 or so minutes for a brain to decay beyond repair after there is no oxygen pumping through it (and even a minute can create irreversible damage), and the bespectacled man was dozens of miles a way at the time of death, so even including helicopter time, he shouldn't have been able to get to the dead baby in time.

It was a decent transition though, even if overly simplistic.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 15:26   Link #1618
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Mostly because the baby thingy was already dead/dying well before the bespectacled man arrived, but only when he appeared did the Always Sunny guy say the brain was going to die in "5 minutes". It takes 5 or so minutes for a brain to decay beyond repair after there is no oxygen pumping through it (and even a minute can create irreversible damage), so how the bespectacled man arrived so soon is a bit odd (he was more than half way across town), even if it doesn't really matter and the entire circumstance can be written off with a blase excuse like alien physiology.

It was a decent transition though, even if overly simplistic.
Actually, there's an even simpler explanation. Pentacost told math guy to get to glasses guy as soon as they saw Gipsy was safe. After that, there was the stuff with the working crews, which glasses guy asked "why is it taking so long?" Then the Kaiju baby came out and the chaos and stuff, and after that the math guy showed up. So math guy was on his way while all that was happening, at which point he could have arrived right then.
Old 2014-01-21, 15:29   Link #1619
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Putting aside the latter parts of that (where they would go and how you'd feed them really have no impact on how many people are able to evacuate, just on what happens to them after they have done so, the tens of thousands of deaths were caused by the Kaiju attack itself, not the after effects), you're assuming that they'd all be try and take their cars all the way out of the cities. The every first scene of the movie, we see that the populace had abandoned all their cars on the bridge. Going on foot may sound innefective, but considering that the Kaiju wasn't moving at blinding speed, it wouldn't be hard to stay ahead of it with a head start, which the government would undoubtedly give (and is shown in that same scene), and the military fighting it which would at least slow it down while it wipes them out.
But again, as I said myself, no evactuation is ideal or perfect, and that's where the casualties come from. But it wasn't like Man of Steel where the bad guys suddenly showed up and before anybody knew it, there was mass destruction and carnage everywhere.
And again, losing less than 1% of the population in those conditions is amazing. If we were talking about a medieval army used to striking camp and marching quickly and in an orderly fashion, sure, I could buy that they could run away on foot. But modern civilians? They'd trample each other, which would further delay them and add to the death toll.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 15:36   Link #1620
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And again, losing less than 1% of the population in those conditions is amazing. If we were talking about a medieval army used to striking camp and marching quickly and in an orderly fashion, sure, I could buy that they could run away on foot. But modern civilians? They'd trample each other, which would further delay them and add to the death toll.
Now you're exaggerating a bit. If the Kaiju had been in the city and attacking while they were evacuating like in a Godzilla movie, yes they would have panicked and trampled each other. But we clearly saw that this wasn't the case; the bridge was completely empty showing that this wasn't a last minute evacuation, so there'd be much less panic and much more order. And after the first city was wiped out and all their attacks doing nothing, the government would have gotten ahead of the ball with evacuating, and gotten people out of the cities in its path even sooner.

Tags
bad ass, mecha, monster