AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-11, 00:05   Link #681
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Think 02 just knows something we don't. Why is nobody pointing out how the other pilots know whats going on? And not just that, they also have a pretty clear understanding (from the whispers there) of how insignificant they are; particularly with relation to "the adults" issue. Maybe everyone there is just a clones, no childhood, straight up copy/paste. So from her perspective, even if Clone A dies, Clone A v2.0 will be out of the tubes soon enough. For all we know that corpse she threw out was the 268th body of that number. How much empathy can you really feel for someone that died several times over? I think it's not that she doesn't feel empathy, just that she's numbed to "the-lesser-people," by the logic of the governing body, dieing around her. Not saying she's not in the wrong of course.
The whole setup almost has a Matrix feel, except instead of being batteries the humans (parasites) are needed to fight off the klaxosaurs.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 00:13   Link #682
Irenesharda

Well, it finally took some time, but I got to watch episodes 4 and 5. What did I think...?

Well, for episode 4, I honestly could care less about Hiro/02. I'm a little past the teenage teen relationship bullcrap, so that help no interest to me. I'm WAAAAAYYYY more interested in the surrounding plot than what was happening to them. Honestly, I felt sorrier for Mitsuru than anything as he tried to go out there even in his condition, showing his strength and resolve, even while he was in a traumatic experience and has emotional issues.

As for episode 5, that episode was way more interesting. Honestly, 02 is interesting in that, it's not her physical makeup that makes her monstrous, it's her warped mental and emotional state.
It reminds me a little of that verse from POTO where, it's said "It's your soul, where the true distortion lies."
Hiro is also dangerous in that he has deluded himself (though this is also a product of his upbringing) that he is worthless without 02 and thus will accept anything as long as she supposedly gives his life meaning. He is beginning to forego all and everyone else, simply because of her.

I can honestly understand Ichigo and especially Goro's frustrations, because its almost like Hiro has tossed them aside and decided that his relationships with them, are meaningless and only 02 matters.

Goro and Ichigo are the MVPs here. Goro is suffering more and more by trying to continue to be a bro and keep this secret, but honestly, that is the wrong response. It's like watching a friend in abusive relationship and wanting to get them help but they keep telling you no because "it will be alright". Goro needs to tell someone. If not, it will just cause more and more problems and I think the show is not so subtly telling us that a storm is coming.

I'm also concerned about Mitsuru. He's popping a lot of pills there, and he probably didn't fully heal from the last time. I'm hoping that he gets some help.

And again, in comparison with the characters, it's the background world building that's way more interesting.
The fact that their prays completely revolve around this "Papa" character. How their entire lives are controlled, and how the other FRANXX pilots aren't like them at all. They also bring up the fact again that their are no adult pistils and stamens, and I remember from the previous episode that they suggest that 02's stamens are "created" for her? I'll be interested in seeing where that goes. Also, about Hiro being famous with other plantations, I would like to know why that is?

I'll be interested in seeing how 02 begins to change. I don't think Hiro will be able to do it, at least not with the mindset he has now. Right now, he's under her spell and within her whim and thinks that he can control her if she gets out of line on the battlefield, when she is obviously controlling him.
It will honestly also be interesting to see if she never changes and it becomes a twist where she's actually quite the villainess. We'll see how far this goes, and I'm hoping some characters begin to use both common sense and some good judgement in the coming battle.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 00:16   Link #683
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Think 02 just knows something we don't. Why is nobody pointing out how the other pilots know whats going on? And not just that, they also have a pretty clear understanding (from the whispers there) of how insignificant they are; particularly with relation to "the adults" issue. Maybe everyone there is just a clones, no childhood, straight up copy/paste. So from her perspective, even if Clone A dies, Clone A v2.0 will be out of the tubes soon enough.
If this was true to the full extent of the die-and-clone cycle, the other group's leader wouldn't be so flipped-out and shocked about having his partner die because of 002 a couple of years ago.

I think there's a little bit of everything (cloning, replacement), but probably not to the extent of v2.0.
Old 2018-02-11, 00:41   Link #684
Twi

Nana and Hachi being around might mean they can grow if those two were former pilots. I think that this group in particular has something about them that makes them different from the others. It might have to do with the plantation squad that got wiped out before them.
Old 2018-02-11, 00:51   Link #685
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet View Post
Did anyone feel?
Spoiler for Zero two:
Interesting, I never saw that before. Quite chilling when you think about her being the predator drawing Hiro in. Especially with the butterfly, spider, analogy that was shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Da hell? We turning a blind eye now because 02 is the most waifu material that came out for mecha in recent memory?

No seriously, Flay was fucked up, but 02 isn't any better. I guess 02 is less racist, in the same sense that JP are wrongfully stereotyped to be less racist because they hate all other races equally. 02 just don't give a flying rats ass about anyone else other than her darling, to the point that she doesn't even remember the partner of the other plantation, nor does she show even the slightest remorse for 'killing' her partners.

Look, I'm defending the one girl who refused to get on with her childhood friend. 02 is just an 'evil' heroine as Flay was.
As far as the Flay comparison goes, 02 is definitely not as bad as Flay. At least not yet. Flay wasn't a main female character, she was supporting or auxiliary. Cagalli and Lacus were the main females, but that's neither here nor there at the moment.

What makes them different is the means and their motives for what they do. It's sort of like the difference legally when it comes to murder vs manslaughter. One requires you to have intent, while the other doesn't. Flay is worse because she is actively planning and intending certain things to happen in each action she does. She wanted to destroy Kira from the inside out. She had the intent to do this and she used others to achieve this goal.

02 doesn't really have much on an intention towards anyone, she just doesn't care. She's not actively trying to hurt Hiro, it just happens and she doesn't really care. She didn't actively want to abandon that team and get people killed, she just didn't care that it happened. She has room to change, where Flay was too far gone even by the 10 episode point.

While I'm not as enamored as many others are in regards to 02, I will still say, that at present, she is leagues above Flay (who happens to be one of my all time hated female anime characters of all time). However, depending on where they go with her character, that could change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
5 bucks says when she's dying and he's crying, she's going to say, "oh look, you've finally made it rain."
Wow, I never thought of this until you brought it up. It really reminds me of the song, "A Little Fall of Rain" from Les Miserables.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-02-11, 01:10   Link #686
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Mitsuru's attitude was shitty, but I wasn't aware that the appropriate reaction to someone having a bad attitude was to leave them a broken mess that has to spend several days recovering in an infirmary. If you don't like the guy's attitude, you can take it up with his superiors.
To what avail? "Superiors" have already shown they don't care about what she thinks. She's special and precious, so she can get away with a lot, but if she wants something, she has to take it. If she wants to not be stuck with an asshole, she has to break him herself.

It's not hard to see what's made 02 into who she is. No one cared about her so she cares about no one. She can do whatever without fear of consequences, so she does.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 01:18   Link #687
JokerD

Thing I found out from ep 5
1) Hiro is famous outside P13
2) Seems like most pilots don't become 'adults'?
3) The multiple makes of the P13 squad's Franxx is not normal.

Which still bags the question, how long did P13 go without a squad and is Squad 13 some kind of experimental squad with genetically modified children?
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 01:33   Link #688
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Thing I found out from ep 5
1) Hiro is famous outside P13
2) Seems like most pilots don't become 'adults'?
3) The multiple makes of the P13 squad's Franxx is not normal.

Which still bags the question, how long did P13 go without a squad and is Squad 13 some kind of experimental squad with genetically modified children?
I think they tried to make new generation of parasite and these guys are just test subject .
In what condition does 02 's franxx transform into beast mode ? when she is alone ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 02:12   Link #689
wuhugm
Confused Shark

So these children has short lifespan?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 02:23   Link #690
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's a flawed way of thinking. We aren't born with empathy. We learn it from our interactions with others. If 02 has been treated as monster all this time, it's no wonder she didn't develop much in the way of empathy. The ones to blame for 02's twisted personality are the people around her and specially the adults.
True, but this is causing a widing rift among the team and it might lead to people getting killed. To Ichigo's credit she at least trying set aside her personal feelings and reservations at least for Hiro's sake. Zero-Two however thwarting all the efforts of that and coming as off she doesn't care about Hiro's well being and reasonably pushing her to the breaking point. Something definitely needs to be done to bridge gap between Zero-Two and everyone else otherwise this team will fall apart sooner or later.

But this does continue to make Zero-Two even more interesting, that girl clearly has lots of internal demons running around in head, is probably not as flippant about her own state as she looks. Goro still a fantastic wingman and the most levelhead person in the show. He's perfect 2nd in-command.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 02:30   Link #691
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
While I'm not as enamored as many others are in regards to 02, I will still say, that at present, she is leagues above Flay (who happens to be one of my all time hated female anime characters of all time). However, depending on where they go with her character, that could change.
Let's just hope 02's character arc will be as rich as Flay (if not richer) when all is said and done. As a character, I think Flay is rich especially if we count her realization, determination & her willingness to atone near the end of her story. Flay might be a spoiled girl at first which then turned into a vengeful despicable b***h later but then she realized her mistakes, came around, and even warned and tried to help the Archangel crew from Azrail's madness when he's about to fire the Dominion's cannon.
Old 2018-02-11, 02:51   Link #692
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
I'll be interested in seeing how 02 begins to change. I don't think Hiro will be able to do it, at least not with the mindset he has now. Right now, he's under her spell and within her whim and thinks that he can control her if she gets out of line on the battlefield, when she is obviously controlling him.
It will honestly also be interesting to see if she never changes and it becomes a twist where she's actually quite the villainess. We'll see how far this goes, and I'm hoping some characters begin to use both common sense and some good judgement in the coming battle.
I think it's more likely that she'll change the rest of the team (maybe even literally, like Hiro), but that they'll all grow as a result of the incoming adventure that is being foreshadowed. Honestly right now, these kids are empty vessels who don't know much outside of their protected bubble. It's pretty clear that the powers above them want to keep them like that.
Old 2018-02-11, 03:05   Link #693
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
True, but this is causing a widing rift among the team and it might lead to people getting killed. To Ichigo's credit she at least trying set aside her personal feelings and reservations at least for Hiro's sake. Zero-Two however thwarting all the efforts of that and coming as off she doesn't care about Hiro's well being and reasonably pushing her to the breaking point. Something definitely needs to be done to bridge gap between Zero-Two and everyone else otherwise this team will fall apart sooner or later.

But this does continue to make Zero-Two even more interesting, that girl clearly has lots of internal demons running around in head, is probably not as flippant about her own state as she looks. Goro still a fantastic wingman and the most levelhead person in the show. He's perfect 2nd in-command.
This is also a concern I have is that this drama will end up hurting this team, and because of 02's influence on Hiro, he might not even care as long as he "gets to fly".

02 believes that the weak die and she thinks of everyone other than Hiro as weak and not worthy of even giving a thought to. If something happens, will Hiro be able to keep her in check like he says, or will she simply drag Hiro around with her? If people get hurt or killed, is her influence so strong that he won't even care?

Honestly, I care more about Ichigo, Goro, and even Mitsuru, that I ever did before. I'm hoping to like some of the others more as well if they can just get beyond their one note character trait that they've been given. (That fat guy whose name I can't even be bothered to remember who all he thinks about is food, come to mind. ) I don't want them to get killed simply to shock Hiro into realizing there is more to life than 02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Let's just hope 02's character arc will be as rich as Flay (if not richer) when all is said and done. As a character, I think Flay is rich especially if we count her realization, determination & her willingness to atone near the end of her story. Flay might be a spoiled girl at first which then turned into a vengeful despicable b***h later but then she realized her mistakes, came around, and even warned and tried to help the Archangel crew from Azrail's madness when he's about to fire the Dominion's cannon.
It's been a while since I've seen SEED in its entirety, however, I remember feeling that Flay's "change" in the end was cheap, not earned, and not worth much considering what she had already done. Honestly, I didn't even really consider it real, just a person who wanted to believe it was real simply because her circumstances had changed and she didn't have the power she once had. But perhaps you saw more than I did.
I honestly even forgot she helped with the whole Azrael situation. Lol To me, that was Badgiruel's moment. (I loved that woman and her awesome way of saying "Fire!")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I think it's more likely that she'll change the rest of the team (maybe even literally, like Hiro), but that they'll all grow as a result of the incoming adventure that is being foreshadowed. Honestly right now, these kids are empty vessels who don't know much outside of their protected bubble. It's pretty clear that the powers above them want to keep them like that.
Oh, I don't think they're empty. Naive, yes. Empty, no. They all have personality and individuality. Empty people are more like the team from 26. They are boring, mostly lifeless without much care for any kind of personal identity. We see they do still care about themselves and their teammates, so there is that. That alone means they have learned something 02 hasn't.
We've already begun to see more and more character with our supporting cast. Only three or four are still one-note archetypes. However, I think that while 02 can show them the true state of the world, I think that if she lets them, they can show her that there is beauty in others. Unless this is one of those shows that wants to go the really dark route and her be like a black widow that destroys each team she comes in contact with, I think it more than likely that they will begin to help her understand that she is not alone and to care for those beyond herself and her "darling".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-02-11, 03:47   Link #694
zibi88

Well maybe Hiro is fameous in other plants becouse most of the kids come from the growing facility Garden. So kids are created there, get training to see who is able to move to next level and later on they are paired and split between plantations.

What made me thinking is that leader of plant26, he siad that he lost his partner 2years ago...yet here he is with another partner. So maybe kids that failed to connect with the driver are send to other plantations as someones replacement.

Maybe they allowed Hiro to stay on that plant becouse they would find other partner for him to test and send to plant13. Since apperently those Franxx are something new and used as test subjects there might be a margin of error in the stemen-pistol compatibility compared to the standard Franxx models.

I wonder if 02 heared about Hiro from other plantations, eardropping their conversation and heareing how special Hiro is and where he is located.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 03:56   Link #695
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It's been a while since I've seen SEED in its entirety, however, I remember feeling that Flay's "change" in the end was cheap, not earned, and not worth much considering what she had already done. Honestly, I didn't even really consider it real, just a person who wanted to believe it was real simply because her circumstances had changed and she didn't have the power she once had. But perhaps you saw more than I did.
I honestly even forgot she helped with the whole Azrael situation. Lol To me, that was Badgiruel's moment. (I loved that woman and her awesome way of saying "Fire!")
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-02-11, 04:52   Link #696
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Honestly, I care more about Ichigo, Goro, and even Mitsuru, that I ever did before. I'm hoping to like some of the others more as well if they can just get beyond their one note character trait that they've been given. (That fat guy whose name I can't even be bothered to remember who all he thinks about is food, come to mind. ) I don't want them to get killed simply to shock Hiro into realizing there is more to life than 02.
You make it sound like it's her fault, but he was like that before she came into his life. To him, there's nothing more to life than piloting, and 02 happened to be the one who allowed him to do that.

(Also, it's possible that for him and the kids, there is indeed no life beyond piloting...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 05:15   Link #697
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Hiro has a large growth on his chest and according to Nana and Hachi he has a huge "yellow blood cell" count, to the extent it's a surprise that he's alive and this is also apparently having the opposite reaction of other parasites (a drop in yellow blood cell count, perhaps?). Hiro is well aware of what he's doing through and is determined to push through anyway, regardless of the cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Clones either die in fight so they dont live long or the yellow cells are slowly killing them or at least are shortening their life-spines so they dont live till adulthood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I meant dying as far as he knows... unless he's actually the decoy protagonist and Goro is the real one, seeking revenge for him later on. Nana mentions that his yellow blood cell count is high enough that they're surprised he's still alive, while also mentioning that Zero Two usually drains them instead. As far as the facts go, that's what happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
If they are human, yellow marrow cells can be converted to red marrow cells in an emergency apparently.

http://www.differencebetween.net/sci...w-bone-marrow/
It took me a bit of looking and a tip from Youtube, but I finally found a legit source about what yellow blood cells actually are.

They are indeed real, and are an alternate name for thrombocytes.

Quote:
"Red Blood Cell (RBC) is also called as Erythrocytes, these are numerous in number. These are devoid of a nucleus and have the shape of a biconcave lens in all the man and mammals. White Blood Cells (WBC) is also called as leukocytes and these are less in number when compared to RBC and having the nuclei. Platelets (Thrombocytes) are yellow blood cells, are very small, irregularly shaped clear cell fragments and which has 2–3 µm in diameter plays a vital role in the body and performs many functions include oxygen supply to tissues, regulates the body pH, performs the messenger."

"...where the yellow blood cells are called as thrombocytes they are small and irregular in shape they have life span of 5-9 days they are mostly seen in mammals they help in clotting of blood...
Yes, it's not a very popular name for them, but platelets can be known as YBC or yellow blood cells. An abnormal amount of them can cause quite a few problems. I've had and abnormally large count of them myself, and they cause huge blood clots if left unchecked. It could indeed cause stroke, cardiac arrest, stroke, and quite a bit of pain or even death depending on location and what's going on in the body.

The shape they showed on the monitor is completely out there for any cell in human body. However, they do say that they are unusual and abnormal. Perhaps similar to sickle cell, but for the platelets rather than the erythrocytes.

A distinct lack of platelets can be bad too, if severe enough it can cause intense bleeding and possibly even be fatal.

Now, they could of course be talking about something completely alien and probably are, but I thought to bring a little scientific fact in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ah, I remember now, totally forgot. Okay, I can give you that.
I think the change of Mirialia after having met Dearka, overshadowed Flay's development in that area a bit, but I can see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You make it sound like it's her fault, but he was like that before she came into his life. To him, there's nothing more to life than piloting, and 02 happened to be the one who allowed him to do that.

(Also, it's possible that for him and the kids, there is indeed no life beyond piloting...)
Oh, he's not blameless in my eyes at all. I don't mean to make it seem like it's all on her. On the contrary, as of right now, I think of her as a black widow spider or a female mantis. She does what she does. If something happens, a large majority of the blame for me would be on Hiro even more so than 02. With 02, we at least have seen that that's what she's like. Hiro sees this, but chooses to ignore it and thinks that he can control her tendencies, which I think he's mistaken it.
Also, as you say, the society has set this all up in the first place, so they are actually the most to blame. Though, I do find it interesting that none of the other kids seem to be as obsessed as Hiro is with piloting. They even talk about what it's like to not be able to pilot, but none seem to feel it as extremely as he does. So, I'm interested in why he's so single minded.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2018-02-11 at 05:26.
Old 2018-02-11, 08:32   Link #698
_Ninja_

I don't know if anyone said it yet but their society is a cult. They pray to a living person and not even for their own well being but for his.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 09:36   Link #699
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

I think 02's just over with the whole "bonding" thing. Maybe the kids really have stunted growth and 02 is much older than she looks. She sees people dying like flies around her and just stopped caring, shut herself down emotionally. She's willing to care only for someone that to her is strong enough to survive, an equal, so that she may actually feel like she doesn't have to be afraid of them dying on her. If they DO die, then guess they weren't up to snuff to begin with.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 09:56   Link #700
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I think 02's just over with the whole "bonding" thing. Maybe the kids really have stunted growth and 02 is much older than she looks. She sees people dying like flies around her and just stopped caring, shut herself down emotionally. She's willing to care only for someone that to her is strong enough to survive, an equal, so that she may actually feel like she doesn't have to be afraid of them dying on her. If they DO die, then guess they weren't up to snuff to begin with.
I don't know, I think Goro and Ichigo are actually a little more mature than she is. Even Hiro is to a certain degree. Even if she is older (and she might or might not be) I think 02 is actually the one with stunted growth because of her possible past lack of interaction and ability to make meaningful bonds as a much younger child. Because of that possible lack of emotional support and connections, she shut down that innate ability in order to protect herself.

And thus, while Goro, Ichigo, and Hiro can make some unselfish decisions in order to support others despite their own desires, because of the emotional connections they have made to others. 02 never gained that ability and this is mentally more like a young child is, who by nature is self-centered, doesn't quite understand the nature of sharing, and wants everything their way because to them no one else matters other than their own desires and possibly that of those they are very close to, such as parents and possibly siblings.

02 closed herself off to protect herself and thus became mentally and emotionally stunted because of it. It's something she can fix, but she will have to decide on her own to do so.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu