AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 03:07   Link #32121
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Would someone with split personality switch voices when they shift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
No

Though they may switch tones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Really? So the switching thing is just entertainment used in media?
Quote:
Well, yes. Modern anime tend to depict what I said, the VA is the same, it could be the tone, pitch, accent, speed, etc that changed.
Not just that, but overall behavior can change including penmanship and how one walks.
A person that comes to mind is this poet, who through the course of his life created several pen names, 4 of them eventually became alternate personalities. Each of them had their own quirks and writting style.
Also, he had a girfriend...and she was basically dating a few of them (the original included)

Quote:
@ Demi
Kanzashi's design was just that, Image Interface control allow Missile massacre... with each missile controlled as if they're BITs (Justifying the erratic but controlled movement like Macross Beer-can missile). No wonder it's hard to accomplish...

Spoiler for pic:

Also, as I said firmly on my opinion, that girl is seriously tinee.... on par with Laura but much bustier.
And that's...using the mind to control them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny(kakeru) View Post
Me neither - I mean, if I want my OC to be a god of the fandom I'm writing on, why don't I just go and create my own original story instead? Why bother wasting my time doing a fanfic just to tell the canon characters how weak they are?
Heh, that's true
In an original story, the character would have Protagonist Status which would let it be more awesome than anyone or everyone combined
But yeah, in fanfics, one has to hold back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny(kakeru) View Post
Usually people who write fanfics just want to pay tributes to the original series they like - for me, sometimes I do parody and mock these original work, but there's no need to go overboard, ne? Still gotta show some respect for the original creator.
Yeah, for me it can be many things: A sort of remake, adding OC to the plot/story, or a side story where the OCs don't interact much (if at all) with the CCs

The fanfic that I keep going On/Off is a mix of both, almost becoming an original story by borrowing the setting/universe

[EDIT:] Page claim

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2012-06-11 at 03:22.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 03:19   Link #32122
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Flame
Hence the reason of why the system is considered impractical, even if they're accurate.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:30   Link #32123
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
@ Flame
Hence the reason of why the system is considered impractical, even if they're accurate.
Yeah...even the first OC I prepared for I.S. has 9 BITs, and it's not like she controls them all at once
Old 2012-06-11, 03:40   Link #32124
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Question. If a machine can achieve mach 4 in the stratosphere considering it's flying against gravity... what if it flies perpendicular to gravity? Would it be safe to assume it can reach hypersonic?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 03:50   Link #32125
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The problem is increased air drag.

We already agree that I.S. are as fast as it's altitude goes, meaning the higher the faster. The original WK is able to reach escape velocity and went to space, that's like Mach 27+.

As you dove, the air drag increased considerably, meaning that it'll rip your frame sooner or later if you really keep accelerating. Because I.S. has the aerodynamic properties of a family car

TL;DR It was possible in case of short speed burst (some Propeller-driven bomber can reach supersonic as they dove!), but not continuous boost.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:52   Link #32126
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nah. I'm just making concepts of Fourze's upgrades. He'll get additional equipment(unknowingly) that makes him stronger(somewhat) for every fake IS that he defeats or is at least involved in defeating.

One of those upgrades is to allow him to move/have boosters equal to that of a launching space rocket/shuttle.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:54   Link #32127
destiny(kakeru)
電波オタク

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
And that's...using the mind to control them?
I have been wondering this for quite some time: the pilot has to have at least some neural link with the IS in order to control and make it move, right? Otherwise I don't see the logic how on earth the fragile human limbs can move so freely with so much bulk on these characters...
Old 2012-06-11, 03:56   Link #32128
demino_hellsin
That one guy

There is a neural link which heavily relies on skin to machine contact. So the machine moves using the nerve signals that are immediately passing through the limb region in which they cover. This justification is what they use to excuse the skimpy piloting suit.

EDIT: Also, I believe in zero's theory of the IS' inertial control systems and anti-grav unit to decrease the weight of the unit as well as individual parts during activation.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:08   Link #32129
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As for the separate parts of an I.S., we handwave it with suspension field or something along that line. Because who the hell putting a powerful booster wings separately?

IIRC, while the I.S. limb movement is neuromusculatory controlled as Demi stated, I.S. subsystem are fully controlled by brain, such as how fast you want to go, how much power put into g-dampening system, which weapon to summon etc. The I.S. even supply information directly to the pilot, and Ranking indicates how fast you can decipher it.

Image Interface control use actual brain-computer interface directly to the weapon system itself, controlling weapon directly using your mind.

I have further explanation to why I.S. user still vulnerable to backstabbing as Canon proves, if anyone interested
Old 2012-06-11, 04:22   Link #32130
destiny(kakeru)
電波オタク

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
There is a neural link which heavily relies on skin to machine contact. So the machine moves using the nerve signals that are immediately passing through the limb region in which they cover. This justification is what they use to excuse the skimpy piloting suit.
If that is the case, I can understand about why the IS suits of the girls bare the arms and legs, but what about the guys? I find it rather odd that Ichika's suit bares his midriff... (and I personally thought that it's quite an eyesore >_>)

Also, why do the pilots need to change into the suits each time they are going to activate the IS? In the anime opening song there's this one part that Ichika jumped off and boot up his IS - while he's still in the uniform. Another part is when Rin blocked Houki's wooden katana attack by partially activating her IS (only her arms) - and she was also in her uniform.

Quote:
I have further explanation to why I.S. user still vulnerable to backstabbing as Canon proves, if anyone interested
Oh yes, please. I'm all listening.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:32   Link #32131
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Essentially because normal cloth gets in the way of transmission of neuro signals between the nerves and the IS contacts. The nerve impulses are read as electric signals but skin, dirt and other factors, generally cloth, are a big hindrance as they act like powerful insulators. Basically Kirchoff's theory(refer to how stun guns work).

Minimizing cloth coverage means maximizing contact for better response between pilot and IS neural network.

The male suit design of baring the mid-driff is more for design purposes than anything. Partial deployment doesn't really need the neural interface because only that one part is called out. In essence, it does not work as part of a system but in itself becomes the functioning system itself. The neural connection is used to allow the machine to move along with the pilot as a whole without causing the IS and the pilot to engage in locomotion which causes a conflict in movement.

By itself, partial deployment allows the concentration of suspension field and rather than being worn, they are more for being wielded. So the neural connection becomes a mere secondary than actual requirement. For example, Rin's summoning of her gauntlet, only the fingers(which were uncovered) require fine motion so only that portion which is uncovered requires much neural interfacing.

The piloting suit is recognized by the IS as part of the unit so it materializes the suit when they activate.

All this is my conjecture only though.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:43   Link #32132
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ *WHISTLE*

@ kakeru
Human are accustomed to 2D visual landscape. Visual recognition took as much as 80% of bandwidth in the sensory processing section of the brain (the reason why blind people has extremely sharp senses in other part)

Simply short, that I.S. can see 360 degrees is not bullshit, it's the human that becomes the limit. It's true that you can see your 'back', but during that time, you can't see your front side. And you can see up but not simultaneously see down.

Likewise, Image Interface Weapon really dependent on visual guidance due to sheer complexity. Similar to how you use Helmet Mounted Sight, except this time it's really virtual (Holographic in case of manga and anime)
Old 2012-06-11, 05:03   Link #32133
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I noticed when I was gaw-- sta-- studying the picture of Kanzashi in her IS. The wing part looked like a GN thruster reminiscent of the drive cones on 00

O.o
Old 2012-06-11, 05:08   Link #32134
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Now I can't unsee it.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:13   Link #32135
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Gundam IS?

Ichika's harem: waging war on the world to end all conflict... over who gets to be his wife.

D:
Old 2012-06-11, 05:17   Link #32136
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Gundam IS?

Ichika's harem: waging war on the world to end all conflict...
Quote:
Your fic or Eratas'?

...I wish I found that sooner, damn it, now crazy Idea popped onto my mind...

Spoiler for Prequel/ Crossover of sort:

Oh god imagine fandom's reaction...

Back to topic of Sacred Twins...Chapter 6 is 40% and Chapter 7 is 50% done (yes, I do those simultaneously). ETA estimated in Saturday
What?
Old 2012-06-11, 05:18   Link #32137
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I figured you or meister would have made it already

EDIT: deployed false IS that harm humans. false IS that eventually merge with the pilot to become the IS itself. What are the treaty laws that apply to an attack by these and how disturbing is it to be a human IS hybrid?
Old 2012-06-11, 05:23   Link #32138
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's recognized as an attack by I.S. unit and therefore local I.S. unit will be deployed ASAP.

Disturbing as fuck and is bad for Public Relation and Safety.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:28   Link #32139
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm reformulating the celestials AKA false IS.

if I make the celestials into a sort of similar system to a circuit of Kirchoff's law then Voltage = cosmic energy; switch = the circuit switch; IS unit = load.

If the human was to be part of this system. I'm contemplating if it makes more sense for him to be the figurative wire that connects them all or the resistor that regulates the power.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:32   Link #32140
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno

As I said, anything regarding Celestial made my head hurts.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest