X-Box 360 8 4.52%
All three of them 18 10.17%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-12-19, 02:46   Link #1
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
PS3 x Wii x Xbox-360

Thought I might just resurrect this thread for the good of the community.
As you all know, these three new consoles, one available, will be entering the market in 2006.

The X-Box 360 has already been released and didnt have a good time selling, as the next day there were many people complaining about glitches, etc.

The PS3 is scheduled for Spring/Summer 2006, and will prove to be a tough console to beat. With games, coming out like Winning Eleven, MGS4, Tekken 6, Killzone 2, etc.
Also a couple of reasons why PS3 is better than X-Box 360
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

The Revolution is one of the most innovated console that will come on the market, sure it won't have that good of graphics as PS3 and X-Box, but still Nintendo was created for gathering people together and playing together. Most games from Nintendo are perfect for multiplayer, hence I say that thanks to Super Mario Strikers yesterday night . Not only that but the controller for Revolution is also out of breath, the texture, the compatibility, the performance. These all can provide new gamers with new ways of playing.

Price wise, it seems that Nintendo will be doing something unbelievable. The cheapest out of these three will be the Revolution. It may even be under the $200margin, which would be .

As the X-Box 360 has been released in November, let the console wars begin. May the better console win
________
Ford torneo history

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:27.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 05:12   Link #2
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

In reality, I'm thinking I would get the revolution since I like the "innovative" idea Nintendo is now showing(DS and the stylus is one example) and the price is another factor for me.

In la~la~land, I would buy the PS3 first since the PSX/PSone and PS2 hasn't really dissapointed me in the past. My Xbox was fun but not enough support from Japanese developers and GCN is an awsome party system(single player games where pretty good too, RE4, Tales of Symphonia, etc...)
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 05:15   Link #3
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Most people would buy the PS3 first, since the Revolution's release date is now Thanksgiving 2006, while PS3 remains in Spring. So thats quite a huge gap for Nintendo to prove results.

Thank god I got siblings. Each one of us would get a console
________
Buy Iolite

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:29.
Old 2005-12-19, 05:26   Link #4
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
Thank god I got siblings. Each one of us would get a console
I like how you brought that up because I have 2 brothers and this is the results of the system we bought:
Me - overall gamer, bought a PS2 several months after its release.
Oldest bro - Computer guy, bought a Xbox on release date.
Second bro - Knows nothing about technology, wants a straight up fun system, bought a Gamecube from our cousins after they just bought the Panasonic Q.

Hmmmm...now that I am just learning about the release date of the PS3 and Revolution...I might actually be able to get the PS3 first haha!

LOL I got 2 Xbox 360(Premium with remote) currently for sale right now too haha!!
Old 2005-12-19, 06:11   Link #5
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
The X-Box 360 has already been released and didnt have a good time selling, as the next day there were many people complaining about glitches, etc.
No, they weren't many - at least not compared to the 1,5 million 360's that shipped.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 02:57   Link #6
Vantage

As it was Xbox vs. PS2 in the last gen of console wars, this time around I really think it will be between PS3 & N. Revolution. I'll tell you why.

First I'm excluding X360 becasue the differences between last and new gen console, although improved, are not really impressive. If it was between a PS2 and X360, really i would get the PS2.

PS3 will be the only hard core graphic intense system in this battle. From the specs, and demos is certianly appears that it will crush x360 in all aspects. Nintendo Revolution stands strong however because it took a new approach, creating a new world in which people like us will play video games. Pressure and Motion sentive controllers will, heh, revolutionize the way those who purchase NR play games. X360 is lacking the developer support, and launch games. NR has the titles that have backed up every and all nintendo system since 1980, PS3 has the graphics, the speed, and MGS4 and Visions: Gran Turismo.

That's my 2 cents.
Vantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 03:26   Link #7
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Lol, I like the way everyone says "revolutionize" , cause thats what it really does. I also heard that it may not be the final name for Revolution, although it would be killer name, such as Dolphin--->GameCube.

Dont forget that the PS3 can also play PS2 and PSone games, they could even render the graphics to make it look alot better.
Also the connectivity between the PSP and the PS3 is like the GBA x GC connection. Maybe the DS will be able to connect to the Revolution, though thats not what Im hoping for.

Out of all the games that will be a system release, which means this games will come out when the console is out, is SSBM (Super Smash Bros Melee), not only that but is online too!.
________
Buy Easy Vape

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:33.
Old 2005-12-20, 03:33   Link #8
Shenlong

I'm going for the 360 because multiplayer is where the fun is at, xbox live works like a charm. And I'm not conviced the ps3 will be much better then the 360, looking back at history sony has a nasty habit of exaggerating specs. IBM tested the chips and concluded that the difference between processing power of the ps3 and 360 are pretty small. So it looks like Sony's advantage is storage capacity and the 360's is the earlier launch and cheaper price tage hmm..
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 03:35   Link #9
Vantage

If multiplayer is where its at, then I just wanted to let you know that unlike Xbox live (which costs $$$$), PS3 internet conectivity is free, and you can have up to 7 ppl play multiplayer per single console. 7 !!!!!!

How nuts is that, 7 beats 4 (360) any day.
Vantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 03:45   Link #10
Shenlong

lol Try 32 players playing Perfect Dark Zero online, having one unified online service and being US based has its advantages
Old 2005-12-20, 03:58   Link #11
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

I think he is saying 7 player online on ONE console.
________
STOCK PICKS

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:34.
Old 2005-12-20, 10:53   Link #12
Shenlong

lol why do I care if it requires one console or a dedicated server, there are 32 man PDZ servers out there to play on. Plus Call of Duty 2 had 8 player support over xbox live, and other games have working co-op modes.. and I can play them NOW.
Old 2005-12-20, 11:06   Link #13
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

What SSBM online?...
Or Killzone2 online?

There are many possibilities of what online games and players are possible.
________
IPOD GAMES

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:36.
Old 2005-12-20, 11:25   Link #14
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
In reality, I'm thinking I would get the revolution since I like the "innovative" idea Nintendo is now showing(DS and the stylus is one example) and the price is another factor for me.

In la~la~land, I would buy the PS3 first since the PSX/PSone and PS2 hasn't really dissapointed me in the past. My Xbox was fun but not enough support from Japanese developers and GCN is an awsome party system(single player games where pretty good too, RE4, Tales of Symphonia, etc...)
This is exactly how I'm thinking. Even though the Revolution controller really interests me I will probably end up buying a PS3. Mainly because I doubt 3rd-party developers will bother making games for the Revolution. I need japanese RPG's and 2d fighters, which isn't exactly the games Nintendo are pro's on.
Apekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 14:56   Link #15
Shenlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
What SSBM online?...
Or Killzone2 online?

There are many possibilities of what online games and players are possible.
You go ahead and wait half a year, one year or maybe longer to play those games online and hope sony doesn't discover yet again that they've overstated the ps3's capabilities or decide to nerf something else. I'll go play on xbox live now, got a score to settle with my roommate even though he went home for the holidays (:
Old 2005-12-20, 18:16   Link #16
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Here's how I see it so far:
Xbox 360 - Better graphics and more organized multiplayer feature(as advertised on their commercials). Xbox's Live service was pretty good while maintaining a good speed and one payment for almost all the Xbox titles(except for PSO).
PS3 - Hardcore gaming machine, IMO I always thought playstation was mainly intended for single players rather than multiplayer.
Revolution - Somewhat original(different medias for their system), more of a home multiplayer system with great 1st party games.

Currently with the systems I have at home, I play my PS2 the most then its xbox and Gamecube. And I still think its still either PS3 or Revolution and 360 in last place for me.
Old 2005-12-20, 19:08   Link #17
Undefeated
Fighting Game Addict

Send a message via AIM to Undefeated
I'll get a 360 this time around just to change things around. I felt kinda bad missing out on all the team ninja games and online classic street fighter . I really don't feel all that enthusiastic to pick up a Ps3 even though sony has been producing my "core system" of play for the past many years.
I don't know, I can't think of many reasons to get one, the same old lineup of old franchises are returning to sell "new" versions of old games (aka: sequels) while ps2 will still be kicking in with somewhat original material in 2006 (or so it seems), so i feel I don't really need one until atleast the fallowing year once they come out with some more gaming besides the standard final fantasy, metal gear solid, tekken linup that sony likes starting off with (good fanchises but I wouldn't mind veering my attention elsewhere). Idk, if someone says otherwise shoot, I'm probably missing the bigger picture behind sony's new system XD.
Undefeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 19:30   Link #18
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

I'll be holding out for the PS3. "Tekken 6" pretty much mandates that I must buy that system! Oh and the new Gundam game!
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:17   Link #19
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Also PS3 here (if I do buy one of the next-gen consoles). If I wanna play online FPS games, I rather play them on a PC, WASD and mouse for the win. =D Anyway, I play mostly 2D fighting and I'm most used to the PS pad so that's also a big factor.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:19   Link #20
Ending

XBox360; inefficient, power-hungry, M$ product.
Revolution; yet another toy from the toy-maker. Won't last long.
PS3; backwards compatibility, new tech (Cell), and somewhat clean brand (even though Sony is part of RIAA/MPAA).

Out of these three, PS3 is the best option once the mod-chips come out [and] prices drop. Have to see what new games it gets, too.

Last edited by Ending; 2005-12-22 at 11:48.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote