Er, Louise is alive. Very much so.
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 06:56   Link #382
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
the fact that charred knight, a christian that believes bible mythology calling out the episode for it's lack of realism just showcases to us how ridiculous the GN pixie dust is. I think we can all agree on this. Things that make the audience skeptical equals bad writing.
Yeah tough shit on Charred Knight and you /= the audience but just two people eh? I think you might need to take a stats course to review the concepts of sampling and demographics. And lol at the whole Christian thing? Do you know Charred Knight in real life or something? What is with this talk of bible mythology? Talk about completely out of nowhere.

You know what, I am just going with Brightman now, it's one thing to listen to other folks with different points of view, it's another thing to listen to complete nonsense. Bye.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:01   Link #383
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
And ugh, do I even bother to go over all the self-sacrifice and tragedy we've had in this series so far to even come to this point where we can have the 00 Raiser miracle (I mean excluding this episode alone where Tieria who seems pretty....I don't know......DEAD in order to recapture Veda promptly :heh
yeah, I can't see how people can complain about being not enough dramatic when this happened. And Tieria is not exactly the first random A-law passing by.

About the Deus-ex-machina glittering dust, it has been in the air from a long time back, in a way from the very start, the whole 'plan' leaves room for this and it's not that it came out of nowhere. It's part of the story and of the theme of the story from the beginning: unity through communication.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:03   Link #384
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Greetings! Are we still discussing episode 24? If not, please get back to the topic at hand before posts start vanishing mysteriously like a pie in front of Homer Simpson.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:04   Link #385
Ottocycle

People looking for gritty bittersweet ends should look somewhere else, I think. It's not a really a fine endeavour to try looking for gritty ends in a show that airs in primetime to a mass television audience staying home and watching TV during dinner. Especially in a country where real life is becoming grittier.

I guess the production staff might want an uplifting message amongst all the chaos.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:04   Link #386
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
yeah, I can't see how people can complain about being not enough dramatic when this happened. And Tieria is not exactly the first random A-law passing by.

About the Deus-ex-machina glittering dust, it has been in the air from a long time back, in a way from the very start, the whole 'plan' leaves room for this and it's not that it came out of nowhere. It's part of the story and of the theme of the story from the beginning: unity through communication.
I can respect magical dust that allows you to communicate, its when the magical dust heals two dying people and cures one of the dying persons psychological damage that I throw in the towel and just say that the Writer and Director stopped giving a crap.

If they are not going to take their own work seriously why should I.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:09   Link #387
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
People looking for gritty bittersweet ends should look somewhere else, I think. It's not a really a fine endeavour to try looking for gritty ends in a show that airs in primetime to a mass television audience staying home and watching TV during dinner. Especially in a country where real life is becoming grittier.

I guess the production staff might want an uplifting message amongst all the chaos.
It's partly because 00 starts off chaotic, so the only way to go is up.

In many Gundam shows, the life of the protagonist is fine and dandy at the start. The story then proceed to rip his life into pieces, like what Saji went through.

With the Meisters, they are as "damaged" as you are going to get. Besides Tieria in season 1 before Lockon's death, none of the others can be played for the "innocence lost" angle.

You can't do much with a vase that is already broken; all that is in order, is to glue the pieces back together. And today this episode is when the glue starts to set.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:14   Link #388
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I guess the crux of this episode is how powerful are the GN particles to the viewer. If they think that what Setsuna did was JC like, then this ep sucks. If they accept that GN particles are hax, then this ep rocks.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:14   Link #389
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I can respect magical dust that allows you to communicate, its when the magical dust heals two dying people and cures one of the dying persons psychological damage that I throw in the towel and just say that the Writer and Director stopped giving a crap.

If they are not going to take their own work seriously why should I.
heal two dying people? When Louise met Ribbon last time it seems she got certain doubt on her and bam Ribbon mind hack her --------> she become crazy bitch (which I believe made her constantly connected to ribbon/veda or to whatever). She almost killed saji but she block her mind(thanx to the power of the ring LOR anyone? ) which I believe cause her vegetative state ever watch zeta? Saji crying. GN particle spreading and Tieria/regene/veda boot up. Oh it magically healed?

And Lasse just said that he didn't feel pain anymore something that either just temporary or just prolong his life for a short moment (we don't know so stop making assumption)
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:17   Link #390
Roadie
Banned

...Pretty damn hard to make assumptions when, you know, his little GN disease was causing him pain. And now he's not feeling it any more! Hum, I wonder why?

And, yes, Kamille's vegetative state was caused by a mind rape, not a mind block. Plus, again- she looked more utterly lifeless, and was wounded beforehand.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:18   Link #391
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Here's the thing, yes what happened to Louise is a tragedy, it was really well conceived, and Alle killing all those children where tragic, Neil's death, and Kinue's death where really sad as well, but the problem was that all the good tragedies where in season 1, the "tragedies" from season 2 come off as stupid and forced.

Setsuna's "God" betrays him would be interesting if his god wasn't a giant robot

Tieria's tale of humanity was interesting but the whole Veda is a complete narm. Its like if Nina had an actual relationship with the table from Season 1.

Marina being a wayward princess would be interesting but she's a crappy character and the series would have been better off if she had been in Azadistan when it burned down.

Honestly I hoped it would be different, I hoped that the staff would look at what worked and what didn't work and change it. I hoped that the intelligence seen in the first season continued.

The thing is that for the first 10 episodes it did, the Marie subplot was great the fact that the A-Laws where holding their own against Celestial being was great.

Then all of a sudden Kuroda and the Director thinks that Gundam needs Magic, and the whole thing falls apart.
Okay, here is what we are going to do since you seem so keen on ignoring everything I and anybody else says:

You are going to hold onto those thoughts about the series that you imagine that you wanted but doesn't exist and to me utterly conflict with the themes that have been building for the past ever in this series which does exist. Just keep it to yourself, Nutype and 4Tran and it is yours to have. I will keep my thoughts on this episode and then.....then we will all be really happy and chill on this board. Okay? Okay.....and really I've gotta be level with you though, I don't actually care about what you want for the series since you see.....lol.....you are not the writer and never have been. And really why should I care about what you think worked and didn't work in your own head when it is just completely flies in the face of the internal logic the series has presented?

Here is what I care about:

What the series has built itself as and what works within that context and by my judgement it has so it's time for you to just accept that I like where this has gone and stop trying to convince me otherwise.

Oh and in case you are wondering, don't bother replying to this as I don't care what you have to say anymore. In fact don't bother quoting or replying to me ever again at this point since you've completely lost me with this episode and your posts make no sense to me anymore. The only reason I've read them up until now is for the lulz, but among other things that has worn thing for me. Chill with Nutype and 4Tran for all I care as they seem to be down with your point of view. There's also T.H.A.T Animeblog which you can visit and which is full of people who complain about this series on a level you can't even begin to imagine. You can hone your art by hanging out with them and ripping this series a new one for stuff that I would probably find superficial, irrelevant or manufactured if I bothered to care anymore. So yeah, that's is for us. Bye.

And I just noticed Monir's warning so I am going to go to bed and get back on topic tomorrow.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:20   Link #392
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) View Post
heal two dying people? When Louise met Ribbon last time it seems she got certain doubt on her and bam Ribbon mind hack her --------> she become crazy bitch (which I believe made her constantly connected to ribbon/veda or to whatever). She almost killed saji but she block her mind(thanx to the power of the ring LOR anyone? ) which I believe cause her vegetative state ever watch zeta? Saji crying. GN particle spreading and Tieria/regene/veda boot up. Oh it magically healed?

And Lasse just said that he didn't feel pain anymore something that either just temporary or just prolong his life for a short moment (we don't know so stop making assumption)
Roadie put it their perfectly, I would love to see Saji prove that love conquered all but they didn't love failed, its only through Setsuna basically becoming Jesus that Louise was healed.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:21   Link #393
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
charred knight, a christian that believes bible mythology
That says EVERYTHING I need to know about Charred Knight, and his level of intelligence.

I have yet of watch the episode, but I doubt it is as bad as some people claim it to be. In fact, I'm rather interested by it.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:22   Link #394
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Like I said, the crux is: Do you believe that GN particles can turn Setsuna into Jesus?
Old 2009-03-22, 07:23   Link #395
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
That says EVERYTHING I need to know about Charred Knight, and his level of intelligence.
I do not believe in all of the freaking bible mostly just the teachings of Christ since I agree with them.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:24   Link #396
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
...Pretty damn hard to make assumptions when, you know, his little GN disease was causing him pain. And now he's not feeling it any more! Hum, I wonder why?

And, yes, Kamille's vegetative state was caused by a mind rape, not a mind block. Plus, again- she looked more utterly lifeless, and was wounded beforehand.
Yes and did he screaming all the time about the pain in past episode? Looks and act pretty darn normal to me. His body screaming pain because the spreading reach critical moment. GN Particle might act just like a Tranquilizer. But will it healed completely? we don't know yet about it. Let just say he died next episode what will you said then?

Yes I know that I just want to show that the end result looks identical (something happen to your brain and you become like that) but both of them are not died
Old 2009-03-22, 07:26   Link #397
Roadie
Banned

...He wasn't screaming. In fact, the only comment I remember Lasse making in 23 was "This beam is so tiny! If only I could use TRANS-AM!". And elsewhere? The most he made of it was a little off-hand comment about his ailment.

Frankly, I don't really care if Lasse dies next episode, so...yeah.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:33   Link #398
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Quote:
Roadie put it their perfectly, I would love to see Saji prove that love conquered all but they didn't love failed, its only through Setsuna basically becoming Jesus that Louise was healed.
Dear Charred Knight. IT WAS THANX TO THE RING that brought back their memories cause Louise to stop strangling saji and went blank after that. She block the link with Ribbon/veda. But the QBW/link still there GN particle storm just like Hiling said caused turbulance in the QBW. Hence the the link is gone. Setsuna and 00 Raiser take part but Louise herself also play in it greatly
Old 2009-03-22, 07:36   Link #399
Roadie
Banned

I'm still convinced she died.
Old 2009-03-22, 07:40   Link #400
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
...He wasn't screaming. In fact, the only comment I remember Lasse making in 23 was "This beam is so tiny! If only I could use TRANS-AM!". And elsewhere? The most he made of it was a little off-hand comment about his ailment.

Frankly, I don't really care if Lasse dies next episode, so...yeah.
What I meant is that the pain that he feels was because he's reaching critical point. And GN particle only shut down the pain temporary at that moment. What if in the next episode he showed to us that he died because of the infection after his life being prolong a little bit in this episode?