AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 33 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 34.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-07, 00:50   Link #81
psycrop

That was a great episode after a few weeks of break from Gundam 00. I truly enjoyed the small fight of Setsuna, and the drop of that religious leader just made clearer what CB is trying to do.
psycrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 00:56   Link #82
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
[SPOILER]Also, I LOL'd at the TV speech of Marina, if anyone cared to look at the lower right side of the TV screen.
LOL, I think (or at least hope) the connotation they were (or should be) going for is something akin to that of a sponsorship.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 01:19   Link #83
Kurumin

Found a nice guide and summary for the episode:

http://www.celestialbeing.net/index.php?action=00_ep13
Kurumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 01:23   Link #84
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dude I'm trying to download from Shinsen and like there are no peers whatsoever and I'm not getting anything from seeds.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 01:34   Link #85
silverorange

This has probably been brought up before, and im just being stupid and picky instead of enjoying the series for what it is. But how the hell does every individual from underground terrorist cells to entire countries own mobile suits?? I mean its not as if al Qaeda or the Taliban own fleets of tanks and aircraft carriers, or could even afford to own them assuming they had the desire. so wtf???

alright ill shut up now.
silverorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 01:42   Link #86
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverorange View Post
This has probably been brought up before, and im just being stupid and picky instead of enjoying the series for what it is. But how the hell does every individual from underground terrorist cells to entire countries own mobile suits?? I mean its not as if al Qaeda or the Taliban own fleets of tanks and aircraft carriers, or could even afford to own them assuming they had the desire. so wtf???

alright ill shut up now.
there aren't that many mobile suits in that terrorist group, if i remember right they stole that one, most terrorist groups in this have been just doing bombings
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 01:51   Link #87
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverorange View Post

alright ill shut up now.
The Anfs were old HRL units that were phased out after Tierens were introduced. And like old soviet tanks, they fall into the hands of unsavory individuals. The weapons themselves are actually too out-dated to face ANY proper military MS, as proven in the fight at Ceylon Island.

The Helions are almost as out-dated as the Anfs. In order to financially support the nations of AEU, an excessive amount of arms-trading took place. As Sergei angrily pointed out, it leads to the Helions falling into hands of terrorists.

Both Helions and Anfs are horribly ineffective against standard issue MS of the major nations. Once they were replaced entirely by better units, these MS entered the Black Market at bargain prices. That's how resistance groups could afford them.

And don't forget, there is also the super-cheap workloaders.
Old 2008-01-07, 02:58   Link #88
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Price of getting a MS is only a small part of the problem. The biggest cost of military hardware's comes from maintenance. There's the spare parts and the personnels that needs to be trained. Most terrorists won't have the infrastructure for such things.

Just getting the tanks or MS and not knowing how to keeps them in peak condition usually make them end up target practises when you actually need to use them.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 06:26   Link #89
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't know... I also noticed a few translation issues in the Conclave-Mendoi subs... And if it's something even I notice, than it makes me feel unconfortable, because my japanese isn't really THIS good.
Menclave's subs aren't perfect, but they are as perfect as it gets. I don't really understand why you feel which parts are 'uncomforable' because I actually know Japanese enough to speak it and a few iffy parts seems to flow pretty well. Nyoron gets a lot more wrong and their scripting pace is off (I noticed since their Gurren Lagann efforts. Which fell well short of BSS's efforts back then), so I permanently switched to Menclave. And I agree that Shinsen's is pretty good overall. Just not as fast or as well done as Menclave's.

As for the Green Hornet, I thought it was pretty cool. FINALLY some hand to hand action. I can't remember when, if ever there was that kind of physical intervention before.

Also, it's nice to see Celestial Being one-up everyone without firing anything. Very crafty touch. And also crafty of Setsuna to pull a Death Note style Light act. Though I think Setsuna is probably a lot kinder in heart even in his dual-face than Light ever was.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 07:29   Link #90
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
A few scattered thoughts:

-Someone give Ali Al Sarges a better suit.

Still, that was one of the better one-on-one sequences so far, especially so for Setsuna. Not many big pretty beams and artful dodging, but when it finished I was relatively more satisfied.

-Marina Ismail isn't going to survive if something like that happens again. I wonder if anyone actually heard her crying out Setsuna's name, but that will be for later. I realise there will probably be lots of people flaming her again, since the way she has been acting isn't giving her any brownie points to the more critical viewers, however understandable her reaction might be given the situation in which she had ascended to the throne, assuming that she had no real choice to begin with.

-So Ali knows, Marina confirms, Graham suspects....Who's to stop any other major character from recognizing Setsuna for who he is? I assume Graham's suspicions would be along the line of believing Setsuna to be from one of the major players in the chaos that ensued after Rafmadi's (sp?) kidnapping, but nothing more.

-How in the world did Hong Long dodge all those frickin' bullets?! Time to hire pals with a better aim, Ali...Unless Mr. Hong has supersonic speed and inhuman reflexes, that is.

-Somehow the scene where Exia came in unarmed and walking towards the palace despite being bombarded took the cake for me. Not entirely sure why, though. Maybe it was because of the way Exia walked inexorably towards the palace despite the opposition. Not a bad way to take the limelight back.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 09:23   Link #91
ipernorris

When Marina says she's only a formal figure she really is... I mean she didn't even finish to order to not shoot against Exia that people did that, followed by the regular army. I think Azadistan has a long way to go before being called a true country. Ah and Exia has the phase shift for sure, or how it is called in 00 universe.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 09:41   Link #92
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Price of getting a MS is only a small part of the problem. The biggest cost of military hardware's comes from maintenance. There's the spare parts and the personnels that needs to be trained. Most terrorists won't have the infrastructure for such things.

Just getting the tanks or MS and not knowing how to keeps them in peak condition usually make them end up target practises when you actually need to use them.
The Anfs and Helions are out-dated technology, similar to the AK-47 rifle. By being around for years, there are far more spare parts available in the market for these suits than any more current standard issue units.

The MS tech had been out for decades in the 00 universe, unlike say the SEED or Wing world. The existence of Work-loaders means even the civilian sector are familiar with mobilesuit maintenance. And anyway you don't need them in peak condition; they are usually used against infantry, and as I said before they don't stand a chance against real armies.
Old 2008-01-07, 14:05   Link #93
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
-So Ali knows, Marina confirms, Graham suspects....Who's to stop any other major character from recognizing Setsuna for who he is? I assume Graham's suspicions would be along the line of believing Setsuna to be from one of the major players in the chaos that ensued after Rafmadi's (sp?) kidnapping, but nothing more.
Actually not sure if Ali knows who setsuna is exactly... Presumably, Ali trained and worked with a number of kids back in the old days. He is certain that Exia's pilot is one of them, but i don't think he is certain which one...

Grant it, should he ever run into setsuna on the street, particularly in an area where Celestial being might show up... well yeah... he'll know well enough

Quote:
-How in the world did Hong Long dodge all those frickin' bullets?! Time to hire pals with a better aim, Ali...Unless Mr. Hong has supersonic speed and inhuman reflexes, that is.
Storm-trooper effect
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 16:24   Link #94
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

For some reason I loved this episode, first of all I thought fight between Ali and Setsuna was awesome, I think this was the first time I thought Setsuna used skill instead of just relying on Exia. Second how the CB release the Massoud was well done. So with episode 13, that means 1/4 of the series is done, and so far I very pleased with this show and think it's going on to right direction , despite with some flaw that other people might points out.
Old 2008-01-07, 17:24   Link #95
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

How long does anyone want to bet until an AMV is made where Long defeats the Gundams/other MS? I noticed that the part of him dodging bullets looked much like Exia charging through bullets.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 18:59   Link #96
Gundam100

Favorite episode so far! Setsuna became my favorite as of this episode! Do you guys think that the whole Azadistan arc is over now? Or do you think they will return there? I want to see more Setsuna and Marina! Marina is weak right now but as the series goes on I know she will rely on herself more after the little talk she had with Setsuna.
Gundam100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 19:01   Link #97
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I just wrote a really long and creative take on this last episode and my cpu plug accidently came outta the wall as I wrote my last sentence >_<....So I am extremely pi$$ed right now...A short version would be something like this:

Setsuna fight good
Setsuna's character cross bridge
He fight with soul so he is Gundam now
Ali is no more than mid-boss but he fight good too
Fight look pretty and stuff
Graham is still the $hit
Tieria is still b!tch

9 outta 10...

I'm off to watch my Tigers in the BCS championship game, maybe that lost post will return, I doubt I can do better than what I wanted you guys to see though ...
Old 2008-01-07, 20:35   Link #98
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

7/10 this ep for me...nothing was particularly amazing...it seems it's stuff we've already seen in other places, from Lockon/Setsuna teamup to Tieria being a bastard to Sumeragi to Setsuna vs. Ali emoing over God to Graham being Graham...meh ep. Not amazing, but not bad.
Old 2008-01-07, 20:53   Link #99
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Oh it's ok wingdarkness, I also had my share of that kind of mishaps like you did...>.<;; and not just once during a really good post that was also lost because our PC suddenly decided to turn off for no apparent reason, but TWICE in a row...@.@;; I know how that feels...>.>;;

I also noticed Tieria is becoming more and more of a jerk as the series goes by...is he compensating for something...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:54   Link #100
Kurumin

New Gundam Pilots Revealed!

Source: http://celestialbeing.net/

New pilots for Gundam Thrine Eins, Zwei, and Drei and the color of the new Gundams confirmed by Newtype magazine.

The names of the pilots of Gundam Throne and their voice-actors:
- Thrones Eins - Yohan Trinity / Katsuyuki Konishi (guy on top)
- Thrones Zwei - Mihaeru Trinity / Daisuke Namikawa (guy in the middle)
- Thrones Drei - Neena Trinity / Rie Kugimiya (girl on bottom)

Pictures are also in the news post.
Kurumin is offline   Reply With Quote