AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-09, 19:22   Link #21
Shadow Kira01

I got a different option which I haven't tested yet. My dvd player is a little unique. If I pause and eject disc, it should do the trick of saving game at that paused point. However, it doesn't always work or perhaps, I have never tried it before.

If that doesn't work, I will follow your instructions.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 04:56   Link #22
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
I play the game with Windows Media Player, open the notepad and write chapter numbers from the right side of the player whenever it changes. That way, you can jump around once you complete that certain path.
A shame tough that I didn't get that idea while I was playing through Claudia's path so that I only have numbers on Ein' path, Cal's path, Mio's path and the chapter numbers when certain endings start,
Old 2009-08-14, 07:57   Link #23
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I played the game and I'm getting the feeling that the anime will have this kind of ending...

Spoiler:

I wouldn't be surprised since from the anime I'v seen produced by BeeTrain, I get the feeling they always prefer a female-character ending or something like that.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 15:34   Link #24
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I played the game and I'm getting the feeling that the anime will have this kind of ending...

Spoiler:

I wouldn't be surprised since from the anime I'v seen produced by BeeTrain, I get the feeling they always prefer a female-character ending or something like that.
Spoiler for ending discussion:
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 00:03   Link #25
Shadow Kira01

I totally forgotten about this thread.. Currently, I have 11 passwords and is somewhat around Episode 11 of the anime surprisingly. Since I last played it over a week ago, I don't really remember where was I in the game..
Old 2009-08-23, 14:14   Link #26
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
The game is somewhat of a hassle to play..

It isn't possible to save game midway in a chapter meaning that you are either going have to replay the game a few times to get the end of chapter password or sit through each chapter for a few hours. However, the graphics and sound are superb. The story is similar to that of the anime.

+1

Hell it was a hassle to get it to work properly. It would work fine at first, then I would get no pictures just sounds.

I tried window media player 9, Media Center, Window Media Center, and VLC. All had the same problem

Power DVD finally solved that problem, but still have some subs synchronization problems but atleast its playable at this point.
Spinner187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 07:18   Link #27
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Well, next episode of Requiem should show us the VN players which ending we will (or may) get. For now, my predictions are:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nayrael; 2009-08-31 at 13:37.
Nayrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 13:03   Link #28
Shadow Kira01

I get the feeling that the animation studio will decide an ending that is either a mix of the ones available or create their own original. Considering that there were over 10 endings.. It could possibly be anything.

On the contrary, since I haven't get that far in the visual novel. I guess I will support Nayrael's view as that you have completed the visual novel multiple times.^^
Old 2009-09-11, 13:50   Link #29
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Looking at the spoiler screens on official blog, there is 0 doubt at what ending the anime has taken.

Spoiler for Don't click unless you want to spoil the ending of anime:

And again, I hope we get other Chapter 3 en dings in forms of OVA's and Claudia's route in chapter 2 in form of a movie.

Last edited by Nayrael; 2009-09-11 at 14:04.
Nayrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:59   Link #30
Xander

There's one image in particular that seems to indicate the above, yes, but even though that was always the most likely ending scenario I wonder if it will play out just like in the game. This seems too predictable.

They might well try to add another twist to the mix either right before or after those events. At least in my personal opinion, it would seem rather anti-climatic to spoil the entire ending on the blog and suddenly remove the feeling of tension and anticipation. When there's still another episode left I wouldn't rule out some surprises, even if that may just be a matter of details.

As for seeing the rest of the endings...I'm not sure there's much of a chance for BeeTrain to make OVAs or even a movie, unless the series happens to be financially viable for them. That seems to be in doubt at the moment, going by ratings and more importantly DVD sales, though I could always be completely wrong.

But to throw a crazy thought out there, they might make an additional DVD-only episode or something similar.

Last edited by Xander; 2009-09-11 at 19:12.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 15:59   Link #31
Xander

Just for the sake of the record, I was referring to the image that someone felt the need to post on the anime thread today. I've pretty much already said everything I could say about it above, without further spoilers, so that's all.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:59   Link #32
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

So wait.. this plays like a DVD menu type thing? I thought it was just on a DVD disc burned as data and is installed like a normal game. I'm confused.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-09-28 at 13:06. Reason: Removed question - answered else where in forum.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 16:40   Link #33
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So wait.. this plays like a DVD menu type thing? I thought it was just on a DVD disc burned as data and is installed like a normal game. I'm confused.
Yes
DVDPG thing (like, meant to play with your remote control... but 'works' on PC too...)
A pain in the ass...
One need to be very into the story to endure playing it like this
Old 2009-12-06, 00:05   Link #34
9Mystere9

I posted in my blog explaining how to run the Phantom of Inferno DVD in Media Player Classic.

http://imaginedpoetry.blogspot.com/2...no-in-mpc.html(Not technically safe for work, but nothing worse than gore or fanservice yet)

Long story short, Install MPC and PowerDVD9, then set MPC to use the filters from PDVD9 when running a DVD. Best solution for Phantom I've found yet, and it continues to work long after PDVD9s trial period.
9Mystere9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 02:11   Link #35
Charuru

I'm playing this after watching the anime. Wow, the anime is a huge upgrade in terms of art and music.

Does anyone know if there's a remake coming? Did I imagine hearing about it, or does it actually exist?
Charuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 15:19   Link #36
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Yes, a remake with anime art will arrive for XBox (lets hope there will be a PC version as well)
Old 2010-01-17, 20:16   Link #37
Xander

Personally, I really liked the game's music so the only thing I'd want from the anime is some of the redone character designs. To point out the most obvious example, which has been discussed before, the new Lizzie looked better.
Old 2010-01-17, 23:53   Link #38
Charuru

The game has decent music, but it's pretty low budget. Same with the art imo. Except in a few cases that is, Lizzie is one (growing on me surprisingly!), but I also don't like game Ein's blue spandex, nor Scythe Master's exaggerated germaness.

Nayrael, do you know if there's any content in the remake other than new designs?
Charuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 02:54   Link #39
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Nayrael, do you know if there's any content in the remake other than new designs?
That is still not known. Hopefully, they will add few more paths and some new music (I'd like to have some soundtracks from anime here y'know).
Old 2010-03-27, 20:14   Link #40
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Some CG's from the upcoming XBOX360 Phantom VN:

Spoiler: