AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 15:51   Link #121
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
You see Satashi, nothin' personal, but THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT PAYING ATTENTION. Sorry, but cha got no one to blame but yourself. (Besides is it that hard to just look 'em up on wiki? They have their own page)
? I was actually clueless about all this manga-anime-sound stage mess that nanoha has till 1 month ago when Keroko told me how the sequence goes. Not every person out there interested in the Nanoha continuity has to know it by the letter you know. Specially in this kind of community which is, you know, anime oriented.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 15:53   Link #122
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
*cough* this is primarily a personal me-making-fun-of-satashi-for-taking-forever-to-finish-STRIKERS (And subsequently forgetting most of it)
Seriously, Satashi, no excuse

SSX is the only real necessary soundstage to read but if you don't want to miss information then you need to read them all, a good portion are translated.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 15:59   Link #123
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
*cough* this is primarily a personal me-making-fun-of-satashi-for-taking-forever-to-finish-STRIKERS (And subsequently forgetting most of it)
Seriously, Satashi, no excuse

SSX is the only real necessary soundstage to read but if you don't want to miss information then you need to read them all, a good portion are translated.
I REALLY hope that SSX gets turned into an OVA.

Seriously, I do.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 16:47   Link #124
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

Seriously, I do.
And i really hope if they find money on OVA or movie they'll do another new part of the story.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 17:22   Link #125
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Leave me alone Shiny T_T *cries in corner*

I can't help it, it took me a year and a half to finish StrikerS T_T It just..... *cough*sucked*cough*

But I can't really say much. I never finished season 1 of Nanoha till A's came out. I didn't finish A's until StrikerS came out, and I only finished StrikerS because I wanted to read Vivid.

... And yes, I wrote all my fics without watching past episode 13 of StrikerS :3

I have the wiki bookmarked, I use it when I write sometimes. I just don't like pausing what I'm doing to read about a character that I should have learned about more in the actual series instead of magazines and soundstages I didn't know existed lol *hugs Shiny*

But at any rate, I'm gonna check out those sound stages now :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 17:23   Link #126
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Leave me alone Shiny T_T *cries in corner*

I can't help it, it took me a year and a half to finish StrikerS T_T It just..... *cough*sucked*cough*

But I can't really say much. I never finished season 1 of Nanoha till A's came out. I didn't finish A's until StrikerS came out, and I only finished StrikerS because I wanted to read Vivid.

... And yes, I wrote all my fics without watching past episode 13 of StrikerS :3

I have the wiki bookmarked, I use it when I write sometimes. I just don't like pausing what I'm doing to read about a character that I should have learned about more in the actual series instead of magazines and soundstages I didn't know existed lol *hugs Shiny*

But at any rate, I'm gonna check out those sound stages now :3
*hugs Satashi* They're good reads I prefer them to StrikerS actually.
Old 2009-10-05, 17:31   Link #127
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

You know, I actually found Strikers to be a lot better than the first and second seasons. My only problem with Strikers was the fact that it needed more battles and EPISODES!!!

*runs from Satashi*
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:12   Link #128
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I agree, not that it is better, that's an argument I'd not make, but yes it needed more episodes. It set out to do a lot of world building and I'm damn happy it did, but it has a lot more to do and well, they are doing it.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:23   Link #129
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

My feeling on it is that I wanted more to do with everyone. StrikerS seemed to focus primarily on Subaru (Hell, even the opening first displayed Subaru as if she were the main character. I even showed it to a friend of mine to try and get him into it, and he thought Subaru was Nanoha). I'm annoyed with Vivid because I just wanted to learn more about Vivio. If the manga is like 14 books long (books, not chapters) then by all means, lets focus on everyone! Like Negima! does. There are way to many characters, but every single one of them has a moment where they are the focus star of several chapters.

If Vivid does that, I would love it very, very much. Do we have an estimate of how long it will be?
Old 2009-10-05, 18:41   Link #130
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
If Vivid does that, I would love it very, very much. Do we have an estimate of how long it will be?
There's been no mention of how long it'll be, as far as I know.
Old 2009-10-05, 18:44   Link #131
TheShinySword
*Author

I can't imagine it'd be too terribly long. My guess is 3-5 volumes
Old 2009-10-05, 22:39   Link #132
Lord Pertinax
Word Bearers Kommandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

Seriously, I do.
Hope dies last.

"For each hero's song thousands die alone, unsung and unremembered." Anonymous.
Lord Pertinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 22:40   Link #133
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
There's been no mention of how long it'll be, as far as I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I can't imagine it'd be too terribly long. My guess is 3-5 volumes
I think I'd be content with 5 volumes, that's long enough to develop a handful of people.
Old 2009-10-05, 23:01   Link #134
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Like I said I'm just bitter :3 But then again, that's why I write.

I think the main thing with me is seeing:

And I instantly think "Which one was Nove?" and then I see

and I have no clue which ones they were, nor do I know any of their development. Why is Nove Vivio's teacher? Last I saw they got their butts kicked and were put in a type of jail. So why is this person who kidnapped her, held her hostage, tried to take over the world... suddenly a buddy-friendly terms with the kid she did it to? What did I miss in the time span between StikerS and Vivid?

Apparently one sound stage is crucial because Ix(Ixxy? whatever her name is) is suddenly an important person and I have absolutely no clue who she is. T_T

Do I just need SSX I think? does that give detail on who these people are?
I think I pointed this out, but's is good for me to see that I'm not alone with this thoughs.

Ehemmm... to resume, when you try to expand an universe in a very fast way with various styles of "stories" (tv show, manga, sound stages, novels,, movies, etc...) An important part of the croud will eventually get lost, and when someone get lost it's more easy to drop the story insetad of digging to find out, after all, the anime is to help people relax, pass a good time and forget a bit the problems of comon life, not to get headaches guessing, Who's this? Why is he doing this? What did I lost? Damn, must I investigate to understeand this?

In other words, adding some important in as "sound stage" that not everyone is able to get and when the main atractive aspect of this shopw was the visual delight may not be a very good idea.

Also, Nove doesn't feet the role of "protective teacher of a girl she totally ignored and acted careless in the last season"

Wanted a close combat teacher? Zaphira feets the role better.
Old 2009-10-05, 23:03   Link #135
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Zafira can't teach with Vivio glued around his neck. :V
Old 2009-10-05, 23:08   Link #136
Dr. Casey

Quote:
I think I'd be content with 50 volumes, that's long enough to develop a handful of people.
Fixed

Vivid's the greatest Nanoha series of all time, it should last a while.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 23:55   Link #137
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
My feeling on it is that I wanted more to do with everyone. StrikerS seemed to focus primarily on Subaru (Hell, even the opening first displayed Subaru as if she were the main character. I even showed it to a friend of mine to try and get him into it, and he thought Subaru was Nanoha). I'm annoyed with Vivid because I just wanted to learn more about Vivio. If the manga is like 14 books long (books, not chapters) then by all means, lets focus on everyone! Like Negima! does. There are way to many characters, but every single one of them has a moment where they are the focus star of several chapters.
That's not entirely incorrect, Nanoha has a tendency of doing this. A's is an even better example of this with Hayate, for example. While Nanoha certainly was a main character, the story itself revolved around Hayate more than it did Nanoha.

In StrikerS this is stlightly less the case. It focused a lot on Subaru, but Nanoha had a plotline of her own to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I think I pointed this out, but's is good for me to see that I'm not alone with this thoughs.

Ehemmm... to resume, when you try to expand an universe in a very fast way with various styles of "stories" (tv show, manga, sound stages, novels,, movies, etc...) An important part of the croud will eventually get lost, and when someone get lost it's more easy to drop the story insetad of digging to find out, after all, the anime is to help people relax, pass a good time and forget a bit the problems of comon life, not to get headaches guessing, Who's this? Why is he doing this? What did I lost? Damn, must I investigate to understeand this?

In other words, adding some important in as "sound stage" that not everyone is able to get and when the main atractive aspect of this shopw was the visual delight may not be a very good idea.

Also, Nove doesn't feet the role of "protective teacher of a girl she totally ignored and acted careless in the last season"

I disagree, a wide variety of media means you will have a wider audience. People who didn't watch the anime could pick it up by reading the manga, or listening to the sound stages. While certainly the lack of access may be true for us western fans, as we would never have known the sound stages the way we do had it not been for the efforts of Nagumo, Password and Ato, this is not the case for the target audience: The Japanese fans.

To picture an example, how often has it not happened you turned to watch an anime because you read a manga? Or vice versa? The same thing is now the case here. One only needs to remember that anime isn't made with the western market in mind.

Nove not fitting as a teacher is a point of view, one I disagree with.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 04:51   Link #138
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
IMO there's alot of peoples that could have served as Vivio's intructor (Vita, Signum, Zaphira or even Ginga for exemple) but it looked to me that the author wanted to play the Yuri card and wanted to get a fresh start.

Thoses two points exclude alot of the cast, the Numbers in this context are usefull as they are not tied to any major characters and since Nove is their hand to hand heavy hitter it make sense that she's Vivio instructor in this context.

(Hope that i didnt mangled english grammar and synthax too badly ).
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 06:16   Link #139
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Why do people keep neglecting the fact that the 7 Numbers are now reformed people who only performed acts of terrorism against the Bureau because that's how Jail brought the Numbers up to do them? It's been 4 years since StrikerS and the Bureau definitely wouldn't have them released into the population(even if they remain under the watchful eyes of the Bureau and the Church) unless they're certain that they have reformed and are not "baddies" now.

And as for Nove teaching Vivio... Have you Nove-haters all forgotten that Nove is the only one other than Subaru and Ginga(who are busier with their Bureau work) that can really help mentor Vivio in full contact fighting, because Zafira is now assisting Hayate in investigative work(refer to SSX) and Arf's still babysitting Chrono's kids?

Last edited by Nya~n; 2009-10-06 at 06:53.
Nya~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 06:28   Link #140
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:

Keroko already said what I'd say except for...

Fit. Feet are those things on the end of your legs.

Nove ;-; why are you so hated? You're pretty icy chill too...

Like Fun~yan said, as much as I hate it, Zaffy can't be the one to teach Vivio because he's not there.

Also I don't get the numbers hate, people complain about them not having any characterization but that's exactly what they're getting now and people are complaining they're getting too much. D: Don't hate on them. They're not stealing screentime, they're part of the story (actually it's more like Nove's part of the story, everyone else has popped up significantly less), and if you haven't noticed Nove seems to be shacking up with Einheart right now so that might be kinda important. What I don't get is why they're apparently not allowed to be plot significant characters.

Tags
vivid