AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-12-23, 12:17   Link #1
MrAyzarC_91

Searching For New Anime Series!!!

Hy there People, I´m AyzarC and I´m Actually really new to this Forum and I hope you can Help me to find a new anime series to watch.

I´m looking for animes that are set in the near future like Darker than Black, Guilty Crown or Psycho-Pass to name a few i watched recently.
If possible than there should be no Mecha involved as the only mechas i liked so far were from Evangelion (Rebuild of Evangelion to be exactly), Cyborgs are ok as i do not see them as mecha.
Supernatural animes like Fate/Zero (and Stay Night), Ao No Exorcist and Hellsing are welcome to.

The Art-style and Storytelling should be also similar to those mentioned above.

Any suggestions will be appropriated.

Last edited by MrAyzarC_91; 2013-04-17 at 09:19.
MrAyzarC_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 12:45   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Here's the following titles I'm going to recommend :
- Steins;Gate (although the beginning is slow, but gets better a lot later on)
- [C] : The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
- Fate/Zero
- Future Diary
- Zetman
- Jormungand
- BTOOOM!
- Code: Breaker
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 17:10   Link #3
kitten320

I know you said no mech, I hate mecha myself but Code Geass fits well especially since Guilty Crown is compared to it a lot.
It has interesting story and memorable MC, worth a check.

You mostly want darker stuff, right?

Deadman Wonderland could work.

Fate/Zero are great series.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is a movie. Not many people like it though but I think it is good and worth a check especially of you are into futuristic setting.

Mirai Nikki

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - it is more based in our world but it reminds of DTB quiet a lot.

Steins;Gate - better in second half.

Tekken: Blood Vengeance - duno if it will be of your liking but you can give it a try. Story is a bit weak though but action scenes are great as well as animation.

Wolf's Rain is set in depressing future.

Something on more light hearted note, you could try Toaru Majutsu no Index.
Old 2012-12-24, 11:37   Link #4
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I know you said no mech, I hate mecha myself but Code Geass fits well especially since Guilty Crown is compared to it a lot.
It has interesting story and memorable MC, worth a check.

You mostly want darker stuff, right?

Deadman Wonderland could work.

Fate/Zero are great series.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is a movie. Not many people like it though but I think it is good and worth a check especially of you are into futuristic setting.

Mirai Nikki

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - it is more based in our world but it reminds of DTB quiet a lot.

Steins;Gate - better in second half.

Tekken: Blood Vengeance - duno if it will be of your liking but you can give it a try. Story is a bit weak though but action scenes are great as well as animation.

Wolf's Rain is set in depressing future.

Something on more light hearted note, you could try Toaru Majutsu no Index.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Just watched Fate/ Zero up to ep.13 going to watch the second season right now, the only thing is that I just do not like the storytelling thus far It´s kinda lame to me (hopefully it gets better), but the fighting scenes are not Bad.
I already saw the Final Fantasy and Tekken Movie, loved the FF movie but not tekken.
Old 2012-12-24, 12:59   Link #5
kitten320

They do talk a lot in F/Z, second season is more action orientated

Yeh, Tekken movie is more for game fans like me. Story is weak there but since games are all about fighting, I didn't care about story much
Old 2012-12-24, 13:40   Link #6
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
They do talk a lot in F/Z, second season is more action orientated

Yeh, Tekken movie is more for game fans like me. Story is weak there but since games are all about fighting, I didn't care about story much
The Action part in the second season is better as you say and i finally benign to catch the story to.

As a Gamer myself I still can say that I disliked the Tekken movie because i´m not fixed on the action stuff alone, the story matters to me to.
For example if a game has not the best gameplay mechanics but a good story i would not dislike it (as it was with Uncharted 1 for me), but if its the other way around i would most likely dislike it (for me it was Dragons Dogma).
Old 2012-12-24, 17:53   Link #7
kitten320

Story is always the most important factor for me in anything, I care about it more than about gameplay.

Fighting games are the only exception since they usually don't have much of a story. It is more about designs and fighting techniques

But I know what you mean. The only reason why I like FF XIII is the story since game play wise it is a disaster.
Old 2012-12-26, 20:03   Link #8
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Would Nanoha do? The only things there that qualify for mecha are their weapons.
Old 2013-01-03, 05:34   Link #9
kitten320

Your welcome^^
Yeh Mirai Nikki is a good choice to watch after Deadman Wonderland.
Old 2013-01-03, 06:15   Link #10
Traece
:cool:

Again, obligatory Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom plug. Basically the same as DTB, but with guns and assassinations.

Have you tried Ghost in the Shell? It fits within your timeframe and it's a darker and grittier sort of show. It's also one of the animes that most people will recommend everyone watch.

I somewhat loosely recommend Gunslinger Girl. It has near-modern setting, and has a dark story. I say loosely because it's balanced between its dark setting and that it's about younger girls killing people and so when they're not killing people the show isn't as dark. It's also more episodic, and spends most of its time not following a central plot like DTB.

Appleseed is another classic like Ghost in the Shell. Near-future, gritty, etc.

Death Note is a modern setting, but it fits in most other respects. You might demo it to see if you like it.

Again, not my best recommendations but I don't recommend bad shows to people so give them a glancing.
Old 2013-01-03, 09:13   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm going to suggest you broaden your horizons a bit and watch one of the best near-future anime in the past decade, Dennou Coil. The characters are ten, but that doesn't really matter. The story has a dark side, and the visuals and music are impressive throughout.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 13:36   Link #12
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Again, obligatory Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom plug. Basically the same as DTB, but with guns and assassinations.

Have you tried Ghost in the Shell? It fits within your timeframe and it's a darker and grittier sort of show. It's also one of the animes that most people will recommend everyone watch.

I somewhat loosely recommend Gunslinger Girl. It has near-modern setting, and has a dark story. I say loosely because it's balanced between its dark setting and that it's about younger girls killing people and so when they're not killing people the show isn't as dark. It's also more episodic, and spends most of its time not following a central plot like DTB.

Appleseed is another classic like Ghost in the Shell. Near-future, gritty, etc.

Death Note is a modern setting, but it fits in most other respects. You might demo it to see if you like it.

Again, not my best recommendations but I don't recommend bad shows to people so give them a glancing.
Thank you for the suggestion.
I have already seen Death Note, but still thank you for that one.
I going to watch Gunslinger Girl but before that i´m going to watch Ghost in the Shell.
My only question to you is in which order should i watch Ghost in the Shell as there are 3 movies in between the 2 seasons?
Old 2013-01-05, 14:04   Link #13
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm going to suggest you broaden your horizons a bit and watch one of the best near-future anime in the past decade, Dennou Coil. The characters are ten, but that doesn't really matter. The story has a dark side, and the visuals and music are impressive throughout.
Thank you, i´m going to check that one out.