Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the original series and Z get reaniminated
Yes, let's get a petition rolling 35 81.40%
No, leave the past where it is 8 18.60%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-06, 13:40   Link #1
epyon96

Would anyone want to see the Original Series and Z re-animated?

I know quite a few ppl, myself included, that are having difficulty watching the original series due to such inferior graphics and sound and the other multimedia jargon. However, if it gets a chance to be reaniminated, I would gladly watch it. Anyone else on this bandwaggon?

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 13:42   Link #2
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I would gladly watch any anime remake as long as they stick to the original story line.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 13:54   Link #3
tritoch

As long as they do it frame by frame.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 14:01   Link #4
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
/support only if 100% fidelity to original
/cheer at 1liner gogo post count
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 14:16   Link #5
monster

The original animation is ok for me, but if they want to reanimate it then it'll be great as well. Just make it straight for the DVDs, no need to air it on TV again.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 14:22   Link #6
Child_of_Sierra

It would be nice to see it reanimated and here I stress it to be animated
None of those budget saving measures they used in Gseed and GseedD please...

Haven't watched Z but my all time favorite gundam female character was Sayla so yeah seeing here reanimated is well worth any attempt.
Child_of_Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 14:22   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Dude, I'd kill to see original MSG re-animated.

I wouldn't push as hard for a Zeta re-animation since they've technically given us one already. I'd definitely prioritize original MSG.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2006-06-06 at 14:55.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 14:30   Link #8
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

I've been rewatching MSG the last few days and while I don't mind the old animation at all, like others have said, as long as the story wasn't messed with one bit, I'd go for a reanimated version, especially having seen what they did for Zeta with the movie trilogy. The same goes for reanimating Zeta.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 14:54   Link #9
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

MSG yes, Z yes if they changed parts of the story to match with the movies.
Old 2006-06-06, 15:18   Link #10
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

NO way. Being a huge model fan, they would fill the MG and HGUC slots with nothing BUT 0079 and/or Zeta (they actually didw Zeta, about 90% zeta domination in 1 year on kits)
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:16   Link #11
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
Being a huge model fan, they would fill the MG and HGUC slots with nothing BUT 0079 and/or Zeta
You mean the same exact thing they've always done?

>_< I want more AU MGs, dammit! Especially grunts.

Also, MSG could definitely benefit from being reanimated. It hasn't aged well visually, that's for damn sure...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:39   Link #12
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Howabout not concentrating on rehashes and concentrating on actually animating what deserves to be?

I mean come on Gundam Sentinel so deserved a series, F91 and Crossbone saga's are some of the best works in recent years yet also flew under the radar.

Although I'd love to see MSG re-animated, they honestly need to actually animate Crossbone gundam.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 17:49   Link #13
kiramuro

MSG definitely but only do it in the original style.

A big no for Zeta because it is fine as it is. I don't want a brighter and flashier version.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 20:44   Link #14
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

After seeing a lot of the well-done CGI in games and such that follow stories, I wouldn't mind seeing them re-animated in either regular Anime-style OR CGI/Anime or just all CGI

And, yeah, it'd be cool for them to animate manga-only series as well...I'd LOVE to see the whole animated story of....

The Blue Destiny (partially done in Encounters in Space)
The White Dingos (Rise from the Ashes)
The Thoroughbred/16th Autonomous Corp (partially done in Encounters in Space)
Crossbone Gundam
Gundam Sentinel (I'd SO love to see the 3 FAZZ owning until the Gundam Mark V)

...and other things as well. I mean, even if it's only like..10 episodes or something, I'd still want to see it (08th MS Team is good and it's only 12 episodes, 13 if you count the ending)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 21:00   Link #15
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Old skool Gundam values with new skool animation...Hell yeah I'm in...Although Zeta more than any of the other older series certainley stands the test of time...For something made 20 years ago there is still a crispness and good detail in the animation...
Old 2006-06-06, 22:07   Link #16
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

MSG, sure, as long as it's done almost frame-for-frame. I can totally live with animation that matches up to the quality of the new shots in movie III though, because they actually look good and aren't so off-model like many of the TV show shots were. I still love watching the 3rd film for it's "new" animation.

Zeta... Nah. Zeta's animation really is fine for the most part, and even quite nice looking in many places. Sure the new animation contrasts with the old Zeta films, but seen in whole all on it's own, (That is, watching all of the TV series at once, even After seeing the films) it still looks quite decent.

Besides, most of Zeta's animation problems stem from techniques used in a typical 50 episode TV series. Many of those same techniques are STILL used in modern full length animated shows to save time (digitally moving still frames of animation to simulate movement, minimizing the number of frames that need to be shown in fast paced shots), so there's no guarentee that it'd be much different the second time around. The show would just look a lot cleaner, and the DVD release already looks crystal clear, IMHO. The reason the new animation in the Zeta films looks so good is because there is only, at most, 2 and a half hours worth in the whole trilogy, so they managed to draw as many frames as possible for the new shots to make them look as smooth as possible.

Of course, animation has certainly come a long way in 20 years, and I have no doubt that it would look pretty good if redone, but I'm not going to beg for it when Zeta itself is already quite watchable and sometimes looks better in motion than some of the mid-90s Gundam shows. I mean, should 0083 be reanimated just because it's 15 years old and didn't use modern CGI techniques? Heck no!
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 22:41   Link #17
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
they honestly need to actually animate Crossbone gundam.
I hear you, buddy.
Old 2006-06-06, 23:03   Link #18
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

No. Stop fapping over the UC goddammit. Let's leave the afropuffs hairstyles in the past, people, as well as the gundams that don't deserve to be called that.
Old 2006-06-07, 00:15   Link #19
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I'll second the fropuffs (Although you were cool as $hit back then if you had one) XD...It seems like Cammille got the treatment in the movies...His hair is a bit more stringy now...As for the Gundams not deserving to be called that when this is the origins of Gundam I wonder how the rest of the patients feel about you hoggin the break-room CPU at the asylum you live in X)...
Old 2006-06-07, 01:26   Link #20
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
as well as the gundams that don't deserve to be called that.

Wow...

Wow.

Wow...
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote