AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-04, 06:07   Link #261
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Even using the old Phantom skill she won't be able to get away if anything it'll make escape even less likely as it tires her quickly when she uses it and Priscilla will be able to track her yoki.
as i said I don't doubt for a second Priscilla would catch her if she wanted.
Old 2010-04-04, 10:15   Link #262
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

It's like I said - It's possible to surprise Priscilla, but once she actually starts trying to catch you, say your prayers.
Old 2010-04-04, 10:42   Link #263
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
It's like I said - It's possible to surprise Priscilla, but once she actually starts trying to catch you, say your prayers.
Though just the same I'm very doubtful Priscilla will still be alive by the end of the Manga but outside the destroyer (possibly) I don't know anyone alive who can take her down.

Maybe Yagi is still going for redemption for her.
Old 2010-04-04, 10:47   Link #264
zato_1one

Riful was pierced internally all over her body by Prissy. So it should reach her weak point too.

@Joe_fh
About AEs, it was already mentioned in the chapter. Dietrich said that they've lost sight of their target and just huddled around that piece of cloth. So it wasn't about why they didn't follow Riful's corpse anymore because they've already lost sight of their target for whatever reasons. That's why I guess that they were attacked by hellcats along their way. They got parasite which made them malfunction and confuse. Because according to Dietrich, if AEs got parasite then it seems that their normal instinct was broken.

About the measurement of strength between AEs and hellcats, this is why I'm thinking if these AEs are the same batch, new batch or mix of both. Dietrich said by herself that she has already encountered them for amount of time. It means that she measured their strength by observing their fight and that's why she could estimated it. This is a normal performance measurement. But the problem is that if they are really the same strength. It must have a time that the outcome should be that all AEs are defeated or all Hellcats are defeated and a single or two of the opposite force still remains. In other word, she must have a supply of AEs to perform this test. It is not possible if these AEs are from the first batch without a mix of new batch. Because if they are really only from the first batch then it's false to say that AEs have the same strength as hellcats. Because they can win and still manage to maintain their number thus far.

The real different between them is that AEs can learn but hellcats can't. So AEs will finally outperform hellcats after a certain amount of time. The real problem here is only in the initial rounds. She must sacrifice some AEs in order to make them learn and the next batch will become stronger. She said that she already experienced it which prove that these AEs did learn and fight with hellcats before she came here. But the main problem sill remains. How could she gain these AEs to support her. The answer is a bit tricky. She said that she got demoted which means that she had already gone back to the org. The org should already know the chaos which happened in the west area. There is a possibility that she got new order from the org. Because I think that Dietrich's responsible area is not in the west. Deneve and Helen met her in the south and she had many knowledge in the south area too. So, why did she come here in the first place?

About Dauf, it's because of LOVE!!! He had already shown this before by instantly regenerating his hand to grab Prissy's leg. He, somehow, got enough strength and manage to awaken his body and picked those rods on the ground then stabbed himself.
Old 2010-04-04, 10:52   Link #265
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin
Though just the same I'm very doubtful Priscilla will still be alive by the end of the Manga but outside the destroyer (possibly) I don't know anyone alive who can take her down.

Personally, I don't want her to die, but if she does die, I agree that she shouldn't die until the ending. I've said it before, but she is an integral part of the story alongside Claire and Raki, so killing her would be changing everything.

Their isn't anyone who can kill her. The Destroyer...I doubt it, but until we get some more clarification, it's only 2xAO. Riful said it was getting "stronger and stronger" and who knows - maybe Rafaela and/or Luciella had more power then we know. Maybe Rafaela had exponential growth like Priscilla *shrug.

Which ever which way, the one with the best chance was Claire fully-awakened...but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore .
Old 2010-04-04, 10:53   Link #266
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post

I hope not. She can never be forgiven for killing Teresa - NEVER!!!! [/fanboy rage]
Old 2010-04-04, 10:59   Link #267
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Riful was pierced internally all over her body by Prissy. So it should reach her weak point too.
I don't think she had a weak spot. She simply ran out of Yoki to regenerate herself and so, she died.

Quote:
About Dauf, it's because of LOVE!!! He had already shown this before by instantly regenerating his hand to grab Prissy's leg. He, somehow, got enough strength and manage to awaken his body and picked those rods on the ground then stabbed himself.
Spoiler for Not Claymore...possibly mind scarring too. Just picture Dauf, Riful and Priscilla in this.:
Old 2010-04-04, 11:07   Link #268
zato_1one

LOL

What I want to add is that the power up boosting due to some circumstances or some emotions (love, revenge, hatred etc.) always happens especially for the protagonist in most cases. This time, it just happens to the ugly side character. Come on, give him some credits for that.
Old 2010-04-04, 13:40   Link #269
Key Board
Carbon

I've feel that I've lost a lot of my emotional investment in Claymore

I'm still curious to see how this ends, but now it feels that these characters could just drop down and die, and I wouldn't care anymore.
Old 2010-04-04, 14:31   Link #270
Joe_fh

Happy Easter guys^^

And now for the interesting Claymore part of the post

Now Riful was piereced by Prissy but was only pierced in a few places. If you look at the corpse in this chapter you won't see any wounds from piercing attacks except the one in her head that could even be mistaken for hair if you don't know it should be there. So considering Prissy only wanted to eat rather than kill it was entierly possible for Riful to survive. And despite that she is dead and Dauf isn't with is really really strange.

But bringing back Riful and not Dauf will bring problems since Dauf is stupid and can lose himslef in his anger and in contrast Riful was smart and she would have avoided any confrontations thus couldn't get Prissy to go in AB form which is essentially what Dauf did.

Now Zato summed up everything we know from this chapter about the AEs (or AFs since I call the that for some reason) quite nicely. However, I have a real problem with that. First of all why would the AEs just stand around that piece of cloth? If they find it and Riful isn't there they should move on and search again rather than follow that same piece of cloth. I mean what to they expect? That the piece of cloth whould go back to Riful on it's own so they only need to follow it for a while? That's ridiculous.
Again if they are confused and changed by the parasites they won't follow the scent from that piece of cloth in the first place.

I believe this is are the same AEs that attacked Riful and since they already have experience fighting Isley they are not at all that weak. If they were still going after Riful that means there were more than half of them left. I only saw 5 or six now and they all seemed to have died rather fast. Going by this Dee and the AEs she was leading might have encountered on or two hellcats and she saw what the hellcats can do and what the rods do but still the AEs could hancdle that one (or two) hellcat/s. This might be an option considering that around Riful there were no rods and no hellcats so if they were following her they wouldn't run into a lot of resistence in the first place. And 7+ AEs who have experience fighting an AO shouldn't have a problem with 1-2 hellcats IMO.

Either way I can't understand why they were following Dee in the first place.

And Dauf powering up because of love? Not that it's not possible but wouldn't he do it before Riful got sliced and half eaten by Prissy? I mean if he could have done it at that point he would have. And after that he was in a worse condition so I don't see how he did what he did at all.

Oh and Prissy isn't by no means slower than Beth. You have to consider this: Prissy was in her Human form and she actually reads her oponents strength. Basically if her oponents is weak she doesn't need to go that fast or avoid since the attacks don't do any sort of damage to her. You don't need to take cover when you're in god mode now do you?
If she is serious she won't have a problem with the speed of Miria's Phantom or at least she shouldn't have especially in her awakened form.

But who knows...I mean Dauf caught her off guard and all. Come on really why was he so fast and why didn't Prissy sense him when she could find Riful who didn't have enough yoki to regenerate at all even in her human form? What - Prissy can find a needle in a haystack but she can't find a big iron rod in there? (yeah that was a really confusing way to put it). I can't believe that someone glowing with yoki (like Dauf basically was) can catch Prissy off guard or infact cath anyone who can actually read yoki off guard.
Old 2010-04-04, 15:21   Link #271
Vinak
Procrastinator

perhaps Yagi was abducted by aliens and replaced by a clone...cause It kinda feels like the plot is losing its coherency.
Old 2010-04-04, 16:18   Link #272
Charuru

I'm still hoping that sometime soon something happens that makes sense and gives us a point of reference for wtf is going on.
Old 2010-04-04, 17:06   Link #273
janipani

I'm dissapointed. Pricilla had no clothes, but all her poses where from bad angle. There was no fanserving at all

I wanna see more this sexy hot monster girl

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-04-04, 18:42   Link #274
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Fn
Now Riful was piereced by Prissy but was only pierced in a few places. If you look at the corpse in this chapter you won't see any wounds from piercing attacks except the one in her head that could even be mistaken for hair if you don't know it should be there. So considering Prissy only wanted to eat rather than kill it was entierly possible for Riful to survive. And despite that she is dead and Dauf isn't with is really really strange.
I didn't find that very strange too; with the way Priscilla attacked, Riful should be in itty bitty pieces, yet her entire upper-half of her body is there. I wonder if that was just done so we could recognize her *shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipani
I'm dissapointed. Pricilla had no clothes, but all her poses where from bad angle. There was no fanserving at all

, to be fair though, she's probably had the most screentime in that regard that anyone else in the story. She's had TWO colored covers where she was naked for crying out loud .
Old 2010-04-04, 18:42   Link #275
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post

We're talking about Norihiro Yagi here, not the author of Rosario Vampire or something like that. What little fanservice Yagi does is always realistic and never blatant. You'll notice that in most of Claymore this is a rule you can always count on, no matter how much guys like yourself might dislike it. It also plays an important part in why girls love this manga much more than they would otherwise.

I can sympathize with your feelings, being a guy myself, but I always understood that Yagi isn't the type to be ultra-blatant about most such things. Besides, if you want fanservice, it's hard to top nude Agatha spraying herself with blood way back in the day.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-04-04, 19:18   Link #276
ntherblast

Wait so there wont be any claymore 103 till june....
Old 2010-04-04, 19:28   Link #277
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
Wait so there wont be any claymore 103 till june....
*facepalm*

Please understand thats how alot of magazines are

the january issue is called the feb issue
the feb issue is called the march issue

etc.

Every couple of chapters we get the same type of misunderstanding from people who just don't get it lol
Old 2010-04-04, 19:32   Link #278
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
*facepalm*

Please understand thats how alot of magazines are

the january issue is called the feb issue
the feb issue is called the march issue

etc.

Every couple of chapters we get the same type of misunderstanding from people who just don't get it lol
alright you dont have to get so worked up about it jeez
Old 2010-04-04, 19:37   Link #279
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
alright you dont have to get so worked up about it jeez
I know just it gets tiring having to explain it (especially after 102 chapters where every chapter says the same thing in regards to listing it being released a month after it actually is)
Old 2010-04-04, 19:41   Link #280
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I know it's ridiculous and was made fun of on the earlier pages of this thread but please let Riful have a very very very small shred of life left in her, then a splinter of a rod hitting her from somewhere and bring her back to life.

( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \

[/riful fanboying]
Closed Thread