AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-24, 02:04   Link #21
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I don't want to get into an argument with you, but if you don't smoke weed, then why are you trying to compare how dangerous driving high would be compared to driving drunk? And I don't see how I was being a bigot.
SaintessHeart meant you were "bigoted" because you didn't take into account that in some countries they will kill you for smoking weed. So, in those countries smoking is much more hazardous to your health (considering that you will be killed if you light up)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 03:13   Link #22
Irkalla
I asked for this

I like both, but I don't do neither on a regular basis. If I were to chose the safest choice, it would be weed. I don't drive neither high or drunk, though it's easier driving high. I have no moral problem about neither, and I can't really see why weed is illegal. My drug of choice is salvia btw, it's perfectly legal here, probably because not many people know about it. It's a guaranteed trip, compared to weed when you don't get the kicks out of it every time. The trip is also shorter, and more fucked up since it's a real hallucinogen, unlike weed which doesn't deserve to be called a hallucinogen at all.
Old 2010-07-24, 03:59   Link #23
Kudryavka

Hey, isn't it illegal to do weed?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 04:12   Link #24
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Hey, isn't it illegal to do weed?
Kind of...
Where I live its a misdemeanor for anything less than an ounce, and all you get is a $100 dollar ticket. Its also ridiculously easy to get a medical license, there are ads in newspapers, and I even saw a billboard once.

Oh, and we are hopefully going to legalize it on Nov. 2. It will then be taxed like alchohol or tobacco.
Old 2010-07-24, 04:18   Link #25
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin View Post
kind of...
Where i live its a misdemeanor for anything less than an ounce, and all you get is a $100 dollar ticket. Its also ridiculously easy to get a medical license, there are ads in newspapers, and i even saw a billboard once.

Oh, and we are hopefully going to legalize it on nov. 2. It will then be taxed like alchohol or tobacco. :d
no weed. No
Old 2010-07-24, 04:40   Link #26
Jaden

Why's weed illegal and not alcohol? Tradition perhaps. And that the politicians don't smoke weed, so why bother trying to make it legal? All that criticism it would get, and the marketing issues it would create...

I'd buy it if it were legal though.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 04:42   Link #27
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Why's weed illegal and not alcohol? Tradition perhaps. And that the politicians don't smoke weed, so why bother trying to make it legal? All that criticism it would get, and the marketing issues it would create...

I'd buy it if it were legal though.
I can do it only if politicians do it??
Old 2010-07-24, 04:42   Link #28
shomai
Doujinshi arteeeest :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Kind of...
Where I live its a misdemeanor for anything less than an ounce, and all you get is a $100 dollar ticket. Its also ridiculously easy to get a medical license, there are ads in newspapers, and I even saw a billboard once.

Oh, and we are hopefully going to legalize it on Nov. 2. It will then be taxed like alchohol or tobacco.
Hoh, which country do you live, man? I'd like to move there/take a trip by November
Old 2010-07-24, 04:54   Link #29
Jaden

Quote:
I can do it only if politicians do it??
It would be a start. Otherwise are they gonna start speaking in congress about weed? It's just a minority of people that even care about it becoming legal. Not to mention all those conservatives they'd have to go through.

At least that's how I imagine it: There are no people on those seats motivated to make weed legal. It has a way too bad reputation to begin with, being grouped with all those hard drugs.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 05:06   Link #30
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Both are bad and you will get seriously injured if you get addicted to either. That is my view on this matter.

Last edited by Nadeko_Sengoku; 2010-07-24 at 05:24.
Nadeko_Sengoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 05:23   Link #31
Kudryavka

We should not discuss good topics because the mods don't like us discussing such things freely.

Hey who here has done weed?? 8DDDD You have broken the law!
Old 2010-07-24, 05:36   Link #32
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

I did. And having let stoners freeloading in my apart while the parents were gone to Cambodia for a whole month in 1997, I also do know the damage it can do to people. Do people supporting legal weed enjoy sitting and lying around like dead fat whales while doing nothing but stare at the ceiling and laughing like idiots at the first unfunny joke? It was fun in the first days, but in the end I was happy they were gone.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 07:47   Link #33
cyth
Banned

Take the middle of the road: a couple of beers + half a gram = heaven.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 07:54   Link #34
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I don't smoke or drink so my opinion maybe bias.

While both have negative side effects, weed might be the better of the two since i remember reading that weed helps those with chronic back pain.
Old 2010-07-24, 09:06   Link #35
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
We should not discuss good topics because the mods don't like us discussing such things freely.

I live in the Netherlands, I am not breaking any law smoking my freshly bought stack from one of the many shops in my city selling it like hot cakes

I thought I had already replied to such a topic.. but this is yet another one D:

Anyway... alcohol vs weed hmmm...

Well, as far as I know alcohol has caused more problems than weed. It is either people getting obnoxious, falling into things or puking everywhere vs. people being too bacon to do anything and simply hang around..

I have seen the typical "I drink as much as I can" folk and the "hippie" folk that squad for a living. I must say group one is one I would rather avoid of the two.

Both are things that you should not overly abuse, I know people who smoke every day and people who drink a couple bottles at home before going to a party where they try and get into a drinking coma. There is nothing wrong with either of them if you know how to use it.. someone who smokes too much vs. someone who drinks too much hardly has any differences...

As for myself, I smoke only with friends never alone.. it isn't fun to do it alone..
I go out like once in the 3-4 weeks and get stoned that I do not even dare getting out of my chair.. it isn't always the weed but the nicotine rushes you can get from the tobacco they make things spin so fast that even I don't dare shutting my eyes..

I must say I prefer weed over alcohol, alcohol makes me somewhat more of an idiot if I smoke I can stand up straight and do about my business after an hour or so.. alcohol lasts almost the entire night if you're wasted. I have been able to get home at 4AM on my bike with ease when high but when under the influence of alcohol I sort of spin in all directions on it and most likely fall...

Mornings after have been better with weed, I have never really had a hang over like I had with alcohol. You feel a little cranky and don't want to do anything for a day or so, but the head aches have never happened to me with weed...

I know many people look down on people who smoke weed, some even say it is dangerous but it has a lot less dangers than alcohol. Try and OD on weed.. just about impossible. The guidelines are the same, if you feel like crap don't start smoking... I had a friend in England that I was visiting who thought it was dangerous, the thing was he was already wasted on ale when he tried to smoke weed. He was puking all over all night and felt bad from it, but that is the mistake some people made. If you smoke a first time do not combine it with alcohol it is like aspirin it triples the effect and if you have never done it before then you're a fool for doing so. Only people who are experienced weed smokers drink during smoking, I could do it but I don't because I don't like combining things..

People wondering if in my country everyone hits the bong, not true. The rules are strict, you have to show your ID and be at least 18 to buy it. Building joints yourself is not the easiest thing in the world, the friends who introduced it to me taught me how to build and it took months to learn it properly (cause I don't use it regularly), a lot of teens do not even bother because of this cause in the smaller towns like mine without all the tourists you can't buy ready made joints. There is no dealing every where, not at schools nothing I mean why would you? The price is right, not over prized and the quality varies.

In the bigger cities you obviously have more of a ruckus about it with all the tourists coming here to smoke and thinking they can do whatever they want, but in the eastern side there are hardly any problems.

Crack, cocaine and other illegal hard drugs cause more trouble than weed does.

My parents are against it, they don't know the difference between hard and soft drugs.. my mom thought I was smoking in her house, all of a sudden she tried to look out for strange things and tried to find any possible connection to smoking weed.. like me being cranky being because I smoked last night.. me gaming a whole afternoon in my room on Mass Effect 2 which just came out being that she thought I was rather absent minded probably due to drugs...

But then again my parents are foreign and not used to any of this, my mom slapped me when she found some weed in my pocket and I told my class mentor about. He laughed and told me she shouldn't react like that, we had a conversation about it and he merely thought that my parents were too old fashioned about it and later on my mom admitted to that also.

Before people start saying that one bad thing is that it makes you forget things, alcohol has a lot of negative effect too if you over abuse it, same goes with weed.
If you put both next to each other and compare then both are just as bad..

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2010-07-25 at 12:43. Reason: 3 is not out yet XD
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 09:31   Link #36
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Oh this is a nasty thread

I drink alittle bit, but nothing more than the occasional glass of wine, and I know a few people who do smoke weed.

You really can't justify either of the two, though alcohol is much more socially acceptable and actually legal in most countries. They're both things that damage your body with long term use. My friends don't really act that different when they're high; they laugh a bit more, they're winded down; but they were already rather chill people. Alcohol does bad things to the rest of them though; uninhibited speech, fuzzy memories etc. but at least they don't smell.

Should marijuana be legalized? I think yes, but it ought to be quite heavily regulated. And to be honest, like alcohol you won't be able to stop people from getting it to minors. But hopefully the effect that legalizing will have is that it'll make it less attractive to "rebellious" youth.

And on the topic of drinking while intoxicated... honestly there's no excuse for doing it. It's not that you can screw yourself over, its that you can screw other people over.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 09:42   Link #37
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
Alcohol rules!

"waiter!!! 1 Smirnoff Vodka pls!!"
Old 2010-07-24, 09:59   Link #38
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
me gaming a whole afternoon in my room on Mass Effect 3 which just came out being that she thought I was rather absent minded probably due to drugs...
Can you tell me what drug enables you to play games of the future?
Old 2010-07-24, 10:07   Link #39
Capone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Take the middle of the road: a couple of beers + half a gram = heaven.
I disagree. I have had two bad experiences with weed (out of 500+ or something). One of them was due to mixing weed and alcohol...

It was at a family party. Here in Denmark, everyone is drinking, even the family is drinking together. Kids down to the age of 9 are drinking (yep, we sadly are the most alcoholic country in the world).

I had made 3 cigarette joints before the party (you know, joints camouflaged as cigarettes), and I was pretty drunk. I went outside, smoked all 3 of them around a corner, and... Damn...

I went inside again, but I couldn't speak properly, had tunnel visions, and felt really really sick.

I don't like mixing alcohol and weed, but that's just my opinion
Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 10:15   Link #40
Capone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeko_Sengoku View Post
Both are bad and you will get seriously injured if you get addicted to either. That is my view on this matter.
Chances are that you won't get addicted to weed. I smoked it almost everyday for one and a half year, and when my girlfriend didn't like it, I was able to stop instantly. Well, not instantly, I DEMANDED the rights for a last joint, but who wouldn't? After that, nope, I could go without weed for months
Capone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hectic thread