AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 16:56   Link #1
Ulysses Odysseus

Need an anime for my AMV

I'm making my first amv and I need some help finding the right anime to put to the music I've picked out. I'm still very new to anime so I haven't seen many series.

What I'm looking for:
-Dramatic scenes that just wow you or make you drop your jaw
-Scenes must be atleast 5 seconds long due to the way the song is structured
-Needs good art
-Action scenes are ok, just can't be too fast

Episode numbers would help as well or atleast whether the scenes occur near the beginning, middle or end of the series. Would prefer if it was one series with many of these scenes so the art style is consistent throughout the AMV.

A good example of what I'm looking for would be 5CM Per Second with its sweeping and amazing visuals like when the couple is staring out at the sunrise, etc. However, these scenes don't quite have the "epic" or dramatic feel I need. The music I'm using is orchestral and similar to a typical fantasy theme like LOTR type music.

Here is a link to the music for further clarification:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maMjj...1E61E1&index=7

Luckily I managed to find a version which doesn't have the "swoosh" sound when the ship's textures change.
Old 2009-06-06, 02:05   Link #2
jedinat

Anime films tend to have great animation, epic scenes/moments... you might try: Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa, Mononoke Hime, Howl no Ugoku Shiro
For just plain epic over-the-top-ness, you can't do much better than Top o Nerae! 2...
Old 2009-06-06, 02:51   Link #3
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well... Full Metal Alchemist fits with an epic storyline, but I can't help but think that the actual anime scenes lack the sweeping epic nature you are looking for.

There are probably enough of those scenes to do it, but you'd have to mine the whole series to find them.

My guess would be that Shakugan no Shana would provide you with the type of scenes you need to fit the music. Lots of posturing, and dramatic posing/framing of the scene. Also, the series is small, so easier to pick the scenes you want out.

Here is a small sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVYHj3zlu7E
I suggest watching the whole thing to get a broader idea of what is available in the anime. I tried running the middle part against the music you had, it seems to work well.

Other series you might consider:

Soul Eater
Chrono Crusade
Full Metal Panic
Inuyasha (large series, again it would involve watching alot of anime to pick out the small number of good scenes.)
Old 2009-06-06, 12:00   Link #4
Ulysses Odysseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Anime films tend to have great animation, epic scenes/moments... you might try: Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa, Mononoke Hime, Howl no Ugoku Shiro
For just plain epic over-the-top-ness, you can't do much better than Top o Nerae! 2...
Top o Nerae! 2 seems like what I want, especially from looking at screens, it's got fantastic art and animation and gives off that epic feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well... Full Metal Alchemist fits with an epic storyline, but I can't help but think that the actual anime scenes lack the sweeping epic nature you are looking for.

There are probably enough of those scenes to do it, but you'd have to mine the whole series to find them.

My guess would be that Shakugan no Shana would provide you with the type of scenes you need to fit the music. Lots of posturing, and dramatic posing/framing of the scene. Also, the series is small, so easier to pick the scenes you want out.

Here is a small sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVYHj3zlu7E
I suggest watching the whole thing to get a broader idea of what is available in the anime. I tried running the middle part against the music you had, it seems to work well.

Other series you might consider:

Soul Eater
Chrono Crusade
Full Metal Panic
Inuyasha (large series, again it would involve watching alot of anime to pick out the small number of good scenes.)
Thanks, I'll check out these.
Old 2009-06-07, 12:12   Link #5
Ulysses Odysseus

I hate to double post but was wondering if Serei no Moriboto (sp?) would possibly work? I have only seen the first few episodes but it has good art so far and some scenes that seem to fit well with the song, just wondering if there will be more similar material later in the series (as of right now I don't think there's enough material to finish the song).
Old 2009-06-08, 13:59   Link #6
othera

No idea about that anime, But when reading your post I thought of Shakugan no Shana strait away. Another may be fate/stay night.
Old 2009-06-08, 14:31   Link #7
Shadow Kira01

EVE Online's trailer seems so much like Xenosaga's or Star Ocean's..

As for the anime you are looking for..

Kiss Dum: Engage Planet: Get yourself a HQ creditless version and crop away..

Moonlight Mile: This is the 2nd opening song. It isn't creditless which means that you either can choose to crop some of the footage from this short song or find yourself a creditless HQ version for better quality.

Also, try grabbing some Macross clips!
Old 2009-06-08, 14:43   Link #8
capell10
chicken tenders are good

try bleach awesome fighting show and naruto shippuden,
Old 2009-06-09, 01:36   Link #9
Ulysses Odysseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
EVE Online's trailer seems so much like Xenosaga's or Star Ocean's..

As for the anime you are looking for..

Kiss Dum: Engage Planet: Get yourself a HQ creditless version and crop away..

Moonlight Mile: This is the 2nd opening song. It isn't creditless which means that you either can choose to crop some of the footage from this short song or find yourself a creditless HQ version for better quality.

Also, try grabbing some Macross clips!
While those intros are nice, I'm not really looking to just put the music to another video but instead pick out my own clips and slice them together to fit the song.

BTW, that's just a trailer for EVE's graphics update several years ago. Best thing is, all of their expansions have been free and always will be.
Old 2009-06-09, 03:06   Link #10
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Kara no Kyoukai has incredible action scenes with beautiful art. Good fights in every movie, check them all out for something to use.
Closed Thread