AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 44.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 27.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-13, 01:05   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
When did that happen?
Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-13, 01:08   Link #22
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

P.P.S - Did they just completed the second volume in 2 episodes ?
They need to fit all 10 volumes in 24 eps. So of cause they have to rush some parts
Old 2012-11-13, 02:32   Link #23
TJR

I knew some kind of controversy cropped up when several one star reviews appeared on Amazon (reviewers complaining about "Korean filth" and noting that they just canceled their pre-orders).

Quote:
From the same studio that gave us Nasi Goreng for Index
The script supervisor may like references to literature and ethnic cuisine (i.e. balut), so we can't really say where the change came from. Nevertheless, someone probably wanted to leave their mark on the show.
Old 2012-11-13, 02:53   Link #24
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Probably the best episode of the series by a country mile.

Aoyama is easily the most sympathetic character of the series because her mindset and values are easy to relate to. Furthermore, she isn't one of these "acclaimed geniuses" and it's nice to see someone really working for a goal that doesn't seem to be born special in any way.

I'm also very glad to see lots of positive development for the cast in general. Even Shiina was done a lot of good here.
Old 2012-11-13, 03:25   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
I knew some kind of controversy cropped up when several one star reviews appeared on Amazon (reviewers complaining about "Korean filth" and noting that they just canceled their pre-orders).
THAT'S a controversy?!

Wow they sure hand those things out like tissue-paper...

Quote:
The script supervisor may like references to literature and ethnic cuisine (i.e. balut), so we can't really say where the change came from. Nevertheless, someone probably wanted to leave their mark on the show.
Yes I know that, I was just kidding
Old 2012-11-13, 03:27   Link #26
Tenshi_
Dewgong >w<

My God... Japanese sure don't give Korean a chance do they?

I saw the episode on nico as well, and half of the comment was filled with racist comment and trash talking towards Korean.
Old 2012-11-13, 03:52   Link #27
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hopefully, this would be just a one-episode shitstorm, unlike what happened in Kokoro Connect.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-11-13, 03:58   Link #28
tsunade666

kokoro connect is a lot worse because a person was involved. Now its only a darn food. I don't understand what's the problem with it.
Old 2012-11-13, 04:16   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That incident was a real problem that needed to be addressed; this is just plain stupid.

It's kinda weird that they're tolerant of religion but very little else.
Old 2012-11-13, 04:52   Link #30
Zavie

Mashiro understands "you regret what you didn't do more than what you did" very well in this episode.
Old 2012-11-13, 05:10   Link #31
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666
]Now its only a darn food. I don't understand what's the problem with it.
The otaku audience tends to be rather nationalistic and exclusionary. Some of them look for any excuse to go on a tirade.

It's unlikely that anyone would've thought much of the change had another ethnicity been referenced. However, they picked something Korean, so.......
Old 2012-11-13, 05:34   Link #32
Witheirate

Man... I'm crying after watching this episode. Really...

Jin talking to Sorata
Quote:
She has something she wants to do,
She's fighting against what her parents want,
and she's been alone ever since she left Osaka
This... quite resemble what happen on me this past months.

Quote:
It might just be that she thinks she has to do everything by herself
Ugh... that also... I've been trying to do all by myself...

The rain scene when her friends blame her
Quote:
Do you know how much trouble you caused everyone by coming?!
Sorry
You should've just stayed at home!
Ugh... tha's just... hurt...

Then,

When she calmed down by Sorata
Quote:
I'm sorry
I've caused you all so much trouble.

It's okay
I couldn't do anything.
Even after you all brought me here.
That exactly... what I'm thinking

Quote:
I'm the worst!
I'm horrible!

Sorata
Quote:
Aoyama gambatteruna (You are doing your best),
We all know that.
Aoyama
Quote:
** while criying **
I just always wanted someone to say that.
Pushing yourself too hard. Struggling against your parent, even against yourself. But then failing the hard work that you've done. This burden is too heavy to bear.

But, then, at least there are someone that give you courage. You are not alone Aoyama... They all know that you are doing your best. Gambatte aoyama..
Old 2012-11-13, 05:48   Link #33
Mubyoshi

Damn this anime is awesome. I'm so glad I didn't skip over this one like I normally do other anime. Glad that Shiina and Aoyama actually became friends rather than rivals.
Old 2012-11-13, 06:52   Link #34
Lukeman1884

Does anyone else not like the fact that they seem to be alternating the episodes between slapstick comedy and serious drama? It makes me feel like I'm watching two different animes. I realize that you can't really just throw comedy into the middle of a serious moment without lessening it's impact, but the way they're doing it here just feels kinda off to me.
Old 2012-11-13, 06:56   Link #35
bastek66

Mashiro's smile at the end of episode was best.
Old 2012-11-13, 07:03   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Does anyone else not like the fact that they seem to be alternating the episodes between slapstick comedy and serious drama? It makes me feel like I'm watching two different animes. I realize that you can't really just throw comedy into the middle of a serious moment without lessening it's impact, but the way they're doing it here just feels kinda off to me.
Not really for me; the light hearted episodes were never completely free of hints of drama.

Likewise the serious drama didn't go all the way heavy.
Old 2012-11-13, 08:01   Link #37
garbage

wow nice episode, expected yet unexpected,

again mashiro surprises with more depth than a lot of people would have thought. And she so cute too,^^
Old 2012-11-13, 08:19   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was probably the best episode so far. I'm really enjoying the drama in this anime. It hits just the right note. Not too melodramatic, not too light.

Nanami's story played out exactly as expected: she burned herself out before her audition and completely blew it as a result. The surprise came from Mashiro, who was highly supportive of her. It seems like they can understand each other as fellow hard-workers. I was also a bit surprised they become friends so quickly. Despite her lack of social skills, Mashiro is actually quite adept at making friends. Her smile at the end was lovely~

Having Nanami talk to her stuffed animal was a great way to relieve the tension. Torajirou gave some pretty outrageous advice
Who wouldn't have thought Nanami had such a quirk? Not me. It makes her even more likable than she already was.

Quote:
That's just sad... and really dumb. I'd like to think they're trolling but I know some of them are dead serious.
Old 2012-11-13, 08:41   Link #39
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Marathon out of curiosity. It's actually good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This was probably the best episode so far. I'm really enjoying the drama in this anime. It hits just the right note. Not too melodramatic, not too light.

Nanami's story played out exactly as expected: she burned herself out before her audition and completely blew it as a result. The surprise came from Mashiro, who was highly supportive of her. It seems like they can understand each other as fellow hard-workers. I was also a bit surprised they become friends so quickly. Despite her lack of social skills, Mashiro is actually quite adept at making friends. Her smile at the end was lovely~

Having Nanami talk to her stuffed animal was a great way to relieve the tension. Torajirou gave some pretty outrageous advice
Who wouldn't have thought Nanami had such a quirk? Not me. It makes her even more likable than she already was.
Agreed.

Are you sure Mashiro won't go for Plan C when it comes to Sorata?

With that, she is truly a part of the quirky yet likeable dorm mates of Sakurasou.
Old 2012-11-13, 08:51   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
I don’t have a problem with the comedy-drama shifting, just like when I watch Fullmetal Alchemist.

Also, that's a very cute Terminator theme song by Yuuko . So, what is she supposed to be? T-1001?

Btw, what’s the fuss all about? Some problems with Korean food? Is it the food, or because it’s Korean? Why all the hate?