AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-25, 23:19   Link #1
Yoburi

Emperor of Solo Play ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Korean Novel with a very sugestive name...

Ok this isn't being "master of my domain" like in Seinfeld this is a VRMMRPG novel about a guy that plays solo.

Now i confess that i start reading because of the title but what keep me reading was the betrayal that happend when the MC guild decide to join another guild made by a very rich Korean woman and didn't hesited to backstab the MC in the process. MC didn't accept to join the other guild and they made him RAGE QUIT the game that he treated as his job and put all his money on so he preety much was broke and then he die hit by a the serial killer truck.

And then he return to the past to play the game again... he reborn to play a video game... worst second chance ever...

3 questions:

Spoiler for OP:

Spoiler for Harem:

Spoiler for Snu snu:

Another thing the game is called Warlord and it sucks more than Zhan LOng the quests are kill X or deliver item or find Z, the players are all thiefs and trollers with no maners, Skills and most quest only have one place to get in the whole game world so you get PK after you leave the place and even the MC himself said he doesn't have fun with the game but the worst part is you need to pretty much bleed money to play this shity game game items cost more than a BMW.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 23:41   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Online gaming is a serious business in Korea
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 00:37   Link #3
Hokoga

So he's not OP and there isn't any harem or snu-snu and he's a spineless moron who willingly helps the person who original screwed him over big time.........

So why are you reading this and even making a thread about it?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 00:39   Link #4
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Chotto matte, the MC went back in time just to continue to play a game? And here was I thinking that the VR genre couldn't get any lamer lmao...

PS: I make @Hokoga's words mine. Why the hell did you make a thread for this?
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 02:27   Link #5
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
So he's not OP and there isn't any harem or snu-snu and he's a spineless moron who willingly helps the person who original screwed him over big time.........

So why are you reading this and even making a thread about it?
Lmao good question did you ever saw a movie that was so bad that end being good this is the case everything in this novel is wrong the premise of returning to the past just to play a game is ridiculous and its not even a good game the MC doesnt even like playing how can that not be funny. Make no mistake this is horrible novel but the autor have competence he could write something pretty good if his ideas weren't so abusurd and thast were this can get unintentionally funny.

But since i started i still curious if he will really have revenge on a woman that pretty much destroy his lifehood or fall in love with her and forgive her for destroying his life

I mean the autor made crytal clear that she was a spoiled bich with super model beautie and later the autor start giving hints that she may ended being a romantic interest despise the fact that she made the MC think about suicide in his previous life lol.

Also it's a short novel that is already completed only 196 chapters 50 already transled just want to see if he can grow a fucking spine and have revenge.
Old 2016-09-26, 02:29   Link #6
Kaito Yamakage

serial killer truck

Truck-sama he's gonna get you
Doesn't matter where you live or what you do
He's always on the prowl
Pretty soon he will hit this thread as well

This reminds me I need to check that series about the guy who appears on the isekai moon and spends like 50 chapters alone there doing nothing as the plot... I wonder if anything ever happened with that one. There was also that tree reincarnation...
Old 2016-09-26, 03:09   Link #7
gn_X00

so the truck finally comes to Korea.. it really becomes more common there

but this time it's time travel instead of isekai eh.. dunno if he's lucky or unlucky. but he's an idiot so far from the description
Old 2016-09-26, 03:36   Link #8
obnuchious

he's pretty much an M since he decided to replay this VR life while trying to screw the lives of those who betrayed him.... especially that Storm Queen since she stole his guild from him, literally...every single one of them switched sides . . . . . . behold the power of money~~~
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 06:30   Link #9
bludvein

This summary is so misleading. He does not help the bitch who screwed him over intentionally. It was a complete accident, and there's no chance she is a love interest. He hates her with a passion. MC is not spineless either. There's literally nothing he could've done before, considering he was one man that was constantly being hunted. He couldn't fight all of them and lost all his investments. His "brothers" also all betrayed him and he was in despair from that.

I have some problems myself with the game's setup(I think it's too serious and the title system is bullshit), but get your facts straight. It's not a bad story at all.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 10:15   Link #10
Breidaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
This summary is so misleading. He does not help the bitch who screwed him over intentionally. It was a complete accident, and there's no chance she is a love interest. He hates her with a passion. MC is not spineless either. There's literally nothing he could've done before, considering he was one man that was constantly being hunted. He couldn't fight all of them and lost all his investments. His "brothers" also all betrayed him and he was in despair from that.

I have some problems myself with the game's setup(I think it's too serious and the title system is bullshit), but get your facts straight. It's not a bad story at all.
I agree, the history isn't bad. It's just that the history is not progresing very well till now. Honestly, he just want to play his game in peace and be the best he can. It was the storm queen that screwed his life and made his comrades betray him. Now he wants to do everything by himself.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 10:32   Link #11
Yoburi

Quote:

He did help her intentionally the first time was when he saw her helm being rapair in the store that sells the game at first he wanted to spit inside but then he help the repair guys in fixing for her faster what was that a accident how do you describe this as not intentionally helping her.

The second time was when he decide to end a quest line becaue he got a very hard quest with a time limit of 30 days and being a spineless gamer that he is he just give up without even trying lol. So he send information on how to finish the quest to all 30 guilds including the guild that destroy his life and he knew her guild would have a shoot sooner than most guilds. So again he intentionally gave that woman the greatest info for free why didn't he just gave the info to other guilds and didn't include hers they don't even know who send the info so why not give just to the other 28 and leave her guild out why gamble.
Old 2016-09-26, 12:42   Link #12
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
He did help her intentionally the first time was when he saw her helm being rapair in the store that sells the game at first he wanted to spit inside but then he help the repair guys in fixing for her faster what was that a accident how do you describe this as not intentionally helping her.

The second time was when he decide to end a quest line becaue he got a very hard quest with a time limit of 30 days and being a spineless gamer that he is he just give up without even trying lol. So he send information on how to finish the quest to all 30 guilds including the guild that destroy his life and he knew her guild would have a shoot sooner than most guilds. So again he intentionally gave that woman the greatest info for free why didn't he just gave the info to other guilds and didn't include hers they don't even know who send the info so why not give just to the other 28 and leave her guild out why gamble.
He "gave up" since he wasn't even close to the minimum level for the raid. There's a difference between spineless and suicidal. He'd have to stall for 6 months to even have a shot at it, which is implausible. He knew he'd miss the first story boss and probably the second when he started. He sent the msg to the 30 guilds in the hopes they'd delay each other with infighting and buy him more time. Which it did, it's just that the stormhunter guild got a piece of the cake when he wasn't expecting it.
Old 2016-09-26, 13:14   Link #13
J4n1

There's a decent story to be told here.
But there's 2 basic issues i have with it.

1. The author fails to explain why anyone plays the game, as it sounds lot like a horrible.
2. The time travel plot means that the MC is plotting revenge on bunch of innocent people who never did anything to him (no, them having done something to him in a different potential future does not count)
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 13:49   Link #14
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
There's a decent story to be told here.
But there's 2 basic issues i have with it.

1. The author fails to explain why anyone plays the game, as it sounds lot like a horrible.
2. The time travel plot means that the MC is plotting revenge on bunch of innocent people who never did anything to him (no, them having done something to him in a different potential future does not count)
1. I don't really like the way the game runs either, but they have a monopoly. No other VR game can compare to it's realism for those rich out for fun, and for the middle class there is plenty of money to be made if you're good at it. It's popularity makes sense in that respect.

2. To be fair, he hasn't really plotted. He doesn't like them or approve of how they operate, but it's not like his goal is to disband their guilds and hunt them down. He just wants to prove he's the best.
Old 2016-09-26, 15:23   Link #15
J4n1

Quote:
1. I don't really like the way the game runs either, but they have a monopoly. No other VR game can compare to it's realism for those rich out for fun, and for the middle class there is plenty of money to be made if you're good at it. It's popularity makes sense in that respect.

2. To be fair, he hasn't really plotted. He doesn't like them or approve of how they operate, but it's not like his goal is to disband their guilds and hunt them down. He just wants to prove he's the best.
1. The monopoly part makes sense to a degree. But even if the game is ultra realistic, if it is a horrible experience it is not going to have a long lasting customer base. and the money making angle works only as long as there are those willing to pay money for the game.

It's less that it makes no sense, but more that the writer has failed to really sell it.
As a comparison to Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, in LMS the author paints a picture of a huge realistic game, that while grindy as fuck, also provides a ton of variety, depth and sense of accomplishment.
Here, not so much. It might be, but it is not established from the start.

2. True, and if he simply takes precautions against possible future betrayals, and treats his memories as fairly accurate predictions, it may not be an issue.
My views may partially be colored by reader comments about revenge, and making them pay and whatnot.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 05:06   Link #16
obnuchious

the mentioned Warlord game does not entirely got the market monopoly since not many can own the VR game and the high difficulty of the game itself ... what monopoly they have is the exposure monopoly that unlike other VR games, Warlord 'forces' people to do their very best to play the game with the incentive of being a 'celebrity'
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 11:21   Link #17
Namorax

Reading the OP, I am not sure how... accurate the description is, or if Yoburi likes or hates the series.
(Maybe he just wanted to make that "funny" joke? ^^)

I kinda like the series because it is a more realistic and serious variant of "Legendary Moonlight Sculptor":
Even though this is a game, as far as the story is concerned we only see people who play this in order to make a crazy amount of money and to become famous (on YouTube).
(As already mentioned) The Protagonist set out to be the very best, and he even had the skill to back him up... but in the end, one of the super-rich guilds tried to make him join them. He naturally refused (since men in this kind of story have an ego as big as the moon and a temper as short as an ant), and then he was that the same offer had been extended to his entire guild. Who all accepted because, hey: lotsa money!
After that, he had to deal with a literal army of players who did nothing but attack him on sight, which effectively crippled his ability to play the game and keep up with the big guilds. Even if he was one extremely talented player, the other guild had hundreds of players to swamp him with.

This is totally what would happen if this were real life.

I do get that the protagonist is angry at her (and his "friends") for destroying his life as a Warlord-gamer, but where does this make her a "spoiled little bitch"?
She is not nice, but if one wants to be successful, one can't afford to be nice. She is driven, and just like the protagonist, she wants to be the very best at this game.
If her and the protagonists roles were reversed (as in him being able to buy out an entire opposing guild to turn them into a force fighting for him), do you think he would hesitate even one second?

Bludvein already pointed out that Hyrkan never helped her "intentionally". The first example, he didn't even know it was her pod/whatever he helped fixing, and the second time he sent that message out to all the guilds. If I give a hundred people 100$, does that mean I intentionally helped one single person who "might" become a romantic interest?
He tried to buy enough time to finish his special quest, and that woman happened to be one of those who listened to his anonymous tip. It seems pretty farfetched to call that "intentional help" when he just did a gamble where he had nothing to loose.

Apart from that, I have to agree that the game itself is nothing special. Unlike Royal Road, this game is more like WoW: Lots of grinding with some blatant boni for people who just happend to do something first. The Title-system seems preety game-breaking to me since the ones who manage to get these titles will always have an easier time getting the next ons than the ones who do not have them.
It feels like the devs wanted to create a game that only a selected few (rich) people can play, and then make tons of money by streaming the battles and events that happen ingame.

On a sidenote about "her":
I think the author may end up casting her as someone who wants to succeed using her own skills, and not because she happens to be super rich and beautiful. It would explain why she gathers talented people around herself and tries the obviously talented Necromancer Hyrkan and the "mysterious programmer" who left that crazy record in her VR-Dive-thingy when Hyrkan saw it in the shop.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 12:55   Link #18
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
I do get that the protagonist is angry at her (and his "friends") for destroying his life as a Warlord-gamer, but where does this make her a "spoiled little bitch"?
She is not nice, but if one wants to be successful, one can't afford to be nice. She is driven, and just like the protagonist, she wants to be the very best at this game.
If her and the protagonists roles were reversed (as in him being able to buy out an entire opposing guild to turn them into a force fighting for him), do you think he would hesitate even one second?
To be the very best by going out of your way to ruin someone else's life? The act of stealing all his guild members is still pardonable, but commanding the whole guild to keep killing him until he rage-quits is another story altogether.

Join me or I'll destroy your life!

Quote:
Apart from that, I have to agree that the game itself is nothing special. Unlike Royal Road, this game is more like WoW: Lots of grinding with some blatant boni for people who just happend to do something first. The Title-system seems preety game-breaking to me since the ones who manage to get these titles will always have an easier time getting the next ons than the ones who do not have them.
It feels like the devs wanted to create a game that only a selected few (rich) people can play, and then make tons of money by streaming the battles and events that happen ingame.
You're joking when you're comparing this to wow, right? I stopped playing it a couple years ago, but where in the World was WoW a game for the rich? It was not even that grinding of a game to be honest. Besides, the title-system for WoW is a very amazing bonus for clearing Dungeons. Getting titles in WoW is largely attributed to ability, not money.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 13:10   Link #19
Namorax

Well, it made sense because it kept a very dangerous player at bay. What else was she suppoed to do, leave him alone?

Hyrkan had been an extraordinary player even before his jump back through time. IIRC he managed to catch up to the topguilds in a very quick time and was able to (amost) single-handedly create a guild that could push its way into the top 30.

At the very least, it was not like she did all that because she wanted to destroy him. it was more like "Join me, or be against me."
Nobody forced Hyrkan to reject her offer. He could've swallowed his pride and joined her, or he could've gone to one of the other guilds to try fighting her.
Hyrkan is/was full of pride, so his first reaction was a kneejerk one. Understandable, but still: it is not like all this had been done with the intention to crush Hyrkan. It was done in order to make Hyrkan join forces with her.

As for the WoW thing: The game itself isn't really explained that well. All I know about it is that the primary thing to do is hunt titles in it. So you fight bosses and dungeon, battle other players who want the same bosses and dungeons. You fight tons of mobs to level up and from time to time you play gacha to get new equipment.
Maybe it isn't as grindy as WoW, but it still fits the bill, at least IMO.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 13:43   Link #20
Yoburi

Quote:
Well, it made sense because it kept a very dangerous player at bay. What else was she suppoed to do, leave him alone?

Hyrkan had been an extraordinary player even before his jump back through time. IIRC he managed to catch up to the topguilds in a very quick time and was able to (amost) single-handedly create a guild that could push its way into the top 30.

At the very least, it was not like she did all that because she wanted to destroy him. it was more like "Join me, or be against me."
Nobody forced Hyrkan to reject her offer. He could've swallowed his pride and joined her, or he could've gone to one of the other guilds to try fighting her.
Hyrkan is/was full of pride, so his first reaction was a kneejerk one. Understandable, but still: it is not like all this had been done with the intention to crush Hyrkan. It was done in order to make Hyrkan join forces with her.

As for the WoW thing: The game itself isn't really explained that well. All I know about it is that the primary thing to do is hunt titles in it. So you fight bosses and dungeon, battle other players who want the same bosses and dungeons. You fight tons of mobs to level up and from time to time you play gacha to get new equipment.
Maybe it isn't as grindy as WoW, but it still fits the bill, at least IMO.
Dude it's suposse to be a game and she got all her guild and his guild how can one swordman alone do any damage to her and how do you justified she going after him in real life too stoping him from geting a job in other places.

Btw the pod in that store he knew it was hers it was a model 6 something and pink so yeah...

The main problem is this is suppose to be a revenge novel but does she desarve to suffer for something she didn't do yet or his guild desarve to be forced to rage quit for a betrayal they didn't do since they don't even know him yet, also it looks like some kinda butterfly effect is into play because this woman is even looking to be less of a bich in this time line i agree with you on that she does look like she wants the best guild with the best players not relaing so much on money only.

Maybe she was just crazy jealous of the MC guild because they were what she always wanted and didn't even need money to get there but since there is no such thing this time there is no reason for her to be jealous.

Thats why i read this it's unclear what kinda revenge will happend maybe the MC will just live a good life having his revenge by being the best player while the ones that betrayal him can only look at him with envy or maybe he will make them all rage quit without they even knowing why the hell he is doing this lol.