AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-29, 18:53   Link #81
finalfury
Incognito

First 5ish minutes in and I already like the MC more than Haruto. Hayamin and Dio Weinberg = keeper.
Old 2013-12-29, 19:34   Link #82
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Hirayama (producer) said in the interview that Studio 8 seemed to project "the bishoujo" image, but they actually wanted to challenge different types of anime. Robot anime seemed to be the right fit because the genre's different [from immediate previous projects like Love Live/Horizon] and they have the right staff for it.

The pairing concept comes from that living in this world is better/easier with partner or communities, especially after the earthquake. They also didn't want to use boy/girl because people would auto-associate that with romance, which there will be, but staff don't want that direction to be the sole focus as this is a more "traditional mecha with friendship, endeavor, and victory". He didn't mention why there are no girls pairing, but just that guy pairing fit their goals better.
Ya see, wouldn't that be far more interesting to see a guy and a girl as truly "bro-tier" pairing without the romantic implications? I'll let fandom draw up romance fanfics on their own, but that direction is rarely explored.

And that last statement sounds rather sexist, don't you think?

Have you heard about that rumor though about the director changing focus halfway in the series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
KIZUNA DE TATAKAE
oh god XDDDD

Anyway, really, there are a million shows out there with girls as the main characters, most of them catering to male viewers, so to be honest I'm not particularly bothered.
Not much in the mecha genre. The fact companies like Gainax, Satelight, and Xebec for instance managed to pull having female main character pilots in their mecha shows you would think Sunrise would follow suit in more frequency, but obviously that's not exactly "traditional" in the overall grand scheme of things, huh.
Old 2013-12-29, 19:48   Link #83
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I've turned up no luck trying to find a place to watch the first episode.

Guess I'll wait till they show up on the Bandai Channel. So time travel huh? Not sure if want...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 20:01   Link #84
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
I think you mean this trailer, right?:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I must say that this trailer is not the anime, but the game (which seem to have quite different histories)
Thanks for clearing up my mistake and here I thought the cast would be more gender balanced.
Old 2013-12-29, 20:16   Link #85
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Thanks for clearing up my mistake and here I thought the cast would be more gender balanced.
This is true, the cast seems much more balanced for the game. In fact there seems to be another main character, who is a girl.

Curiously, I think the target audience is more varied for the anime.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 23:32   Link #86
konart

Also - first 2 minutes I was almost sure I was watching Gargantia all over again
Old 2013-12-30, 02:03   Link #87
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Just saw the raw. Positive feelings so far. Hopefully the main duo work out better than Haruto and L-Elf. Liking the opening and ending themes too. Hayami and Sakurai had some good performances.
Old 2013-12-30, 17:48   Link #88
larethian

Spoilers
Spoiler for preair thoughts
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 17:57   Link #89
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That crazy guy was Takahiro Sakurai's character
Old 2013-12-30, 22:07   Link #90
maplehurry

Based on episode 1, I think it already spoils what the final pairing would be.

Spoiler:
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 23:03   Link #91
Divino

I have a feeling that Hina and Aoba presented as a couple may just be a ruse and she may end up being his daughter from the future or something lol
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 03:40   Link #92
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Based on episode 1, I think it already spoils what the final pairing would be.

Spoiler:
NICE COUPLING, duh! xD
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 13:27   Link #93
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just watched the first episode and cast seems likeable even if too cliche (I feel like this is the fifth time I see this story). All the comments about being like Valvrave kind of make sense but a really good thing is that this L-elf doesn't sound like of those irrealistic genius or an emotionless dude. Still, it's too early to judge this series. A lot of people saying it will have a lot of BL for some reason.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 19:11   Link #94
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
First ep has been subbed.
Old 2013-12-31, 19:16   Link #95
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Didn't expect this. because it's a pre-air episode and most groups won't bother subbing it. Well, that's good news
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 19:26   Link #96
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
~snip snip~

Last edited by Flower; 2013-12-31 at 19:28. Reason: No links please....
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 19:28   Link #97
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
~snip snip~
No links please -_-
Old 2013-12-31, 19:33   Link #98
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
No links please -_-
Sorry.
Old 2013-12-31, 21:02   Link #99
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Hirayama (producer) said in the interview that Studio 8 seemed to project "the bishoujo" image, but they actually wanted to challenge different types of anime. Robot anime seemed to be the right fit because the genre's different [from immediate previous projects like Love Live/Horizon] and they have the right staff for it.

The pairing concept comes from that living in this world is better/easier with partner or communities, especially after the earthquake. They also didn't want to use boy/girl because people would auto-associate that with romance, which there will be, but staff don't want that direction to be the sole focus as this is a more "traditional mecha with friendship, endeavor, and victory". He didn't mention why there are no girls pairing, but just that guy pairing fit their goals better.

Unrelated to your post but he also mentioned close combat will be hand drawn, but long flights and high speed movement will be CG. Hand-drawn mecha's always a gianormous bonus for me.

First episode's pretty ok (Hayamin!!), and Bizon's just hilarious as hell. As shown in the ED, he and Hina probably had a past together, but got NTR'ed so hard that (ry. I just hope that Hina still showns up later on, I am still butthurt about Kanade in Symphogear. Only problem is that this is probably one cour?
studio basically say "fuuuuuu***** the original source game and fuuuuu**** girls we want bl... ops bromance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
I think you mean this trailer, right?:
YouTube

I must say that this trailer is not the anime, but the game (which seem to have quite different histories)
omg after "tried" to watch the first episode and read this comment about "anime staff" and watch this trailer(for the game)

WTF that anime staff why their dont just do another anime for fujiokas or peoples.
who love BL and let peoples who really wanted make a "serious adaptation" of the game with a "serious team", i really dont like bl or bromance the only anime with this i was able to "hold" and enjoy a few was "K" because of neko, her presence was enough to hold me, but to see a BL mecha with young boys, noway man srry removed from my watch list, i hope the sales goes really bad(what probably not gonna happen since is a "mecha and japaneses love mechas no matter the show) to make the anime staff dont try to do this again in future(ruins what could be a good show for the sake of "bl" lovers).

and my concern is not like because is a bl, like i told i was able to like K, because this how the show was supposed to be, i was aware, but when the anime just decide to "make a completly 180degress for the sake of unknow" then this is what make me sad.

really out of my scope and maybe in future when near to end o gonna watch the 2 last episodes just for the lulz, but watching guys "being "too much friends(even in bed ) is not my beach.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-12-31 at 21:24.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 22:35   Link #100
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The OP's screenplay and composition definitely feels like SEED.

Those NTR vibes. So hilarious.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, giant robots, sci-fi, sunrise, time travel