AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-01, 11:31   Link #121
Joe_fh

I'm more interested in what he'll say^^

Anyways I don't think she would have just left Raki if it was his smell.
I think that Prissy going along with Raki just to find the origin of that smell and reacall something from meating the person is the best bet here, especially after this chapter. There are a handfull of people tha can help her remember the past and Raki isn't one of them thus there is no reason to care about him at all except for the reason I mentioned. Or at least I don't see any other. Ok maybe that mama, papa issue she had but that's unlikely after all this.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:33   Link #122
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
What if it's the scent of a half awakened one? Once again, let me emphasize the fact that Raki was holding Clare when she was awakening for the very first time. I would guess that an event such as that one would have a much deeper effect than sex or anything else. That's the kind of scent that can't be washed away very easily even in the Claymore-verse. Perhaps it washed itself away from Raki, who still had that scent quite strongly when he met Priscilla for the first time, but it stayed on Clare, that's for certain.
....Ehh.....good speculation. So it came onto Claire during the awakening? Well that's an explanation. Still doesn't explain though why we haven't heard that Claire's scent is just as delicious as Raki's, when the incident with the AB and Ophelia were shortly after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
I'm more interested in what he'll say^^

Anyways I don't think she would have just left Raki if it was his smell.
I think that Prissy going along with Raki just to find the origin of that smell and reacall something from meating the person is the best bet here, especially after this chapter. There are a handfull of people tha can help her remember the past and Raki isn't one of them thus there is no reason to care about him at all except for the reason I mentioned. Or at least I don't see any other. Ok maybe that mama, papa issue she had but that's unlikely after all this.
Well, we know she's been going with him to help recover her memories...but it still amazes me that his purpose was that worthless this whole time, that he's just been nothing but this guide.

Again, we don't know the identity of the scent she's been looking for: is it Raki's on hers? hers herself? or something else? The whole "scent" thing is so darn ambigious, it's frustrating .
Old 2010-02-01, 11:35   Link #123
zato_1one

If the scent is from Clare then the only explanation is that it must be from Teresa. There is no other way around. I agree with Gooral. Clare had Teresa scent and that scent also attached to Raki. Because he hugged Clare when they escaped Ophelia. That was the reason why Prissy was so attracted to Raki and said that he smelled nice. That was the reason why Prissy abandoned Raki. Because she could smell the scent strongly from the air. So, she decided to go after it.

Wow! Now, I think that one of the jigsaw is solved. Oh my poor Raki. Like Shiek said, you are just a tour guide after all.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:35   Link #124
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
....Ehh.....good speculation. So it came onto Claire during the awakening? Well that's an explanation. Still doesn't explain though why we haven't heard that Claire's scent is just as delicious as Raki's, when the incident with the AB and Ophelia were shortly after.
because were in all probability talking about a smell that is ONLY special and delicious to prissy ALONE? if its theresa's smell it might symbolize the last sensory memory before awakening to insanity ...
Old 2010-02-01, 11:35   Link #125
Newhope

A dog can track a sent trail weeks after someone has passed somewhere although that time is reduced to only a few days if they has been heavy rain, while if may have been a few weeks between Raki leaving Claire and meeting Prissy I doubt he would have been able to wash himself and his cloths.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:36   Link #126
Joe_fh

Quote:
Maybe because the human scent could be washed away faster so Clare wouldn't really smell like Raki whereas he would give off the same scent as her for a long time.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:37   Link #127
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:

Smelling like something does not mean you taste like it.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:37   Link #128
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
If the scent is from Clare then the only explanation is that it must be from Teresa. There is no other way around. I agree with Gooral. Clare had Teresa scent and that scent also attached to Raki. Because he hugged Clare when they escaped Ophelia. That was the reason why Prissy was so attracted to Raki and said that he smelled nice. That was the reason why Prissy abandoned Raki. Because she could smell the scent strongly from the air. So, she decided to go after it.

Wow! Now, I think that one of the jigsaw is solved. Oh my poor Raki. Like Shiek said, you are just a tour guide after all.
That makes sense. I'll hold into this speculation.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:37   Link #129
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Really? Apparently that's a false picture, or at least that's what's been going around. I can't imagine someone who makes a really dry gag manga while listening to German speed metal looking like some salaryman. :x

Besides I wanna know what is studio is like, they'll probably film that as well like they did with Kubo Tite.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:40   Link #130
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Smelling like something does not mean you taste like it.
I'm not talking about Ophelia, I'm talking about the Awakened Being: how she said that she only wanted Raki and Raki alone.

So it can't be Raki's scent on her that she wants...

She liked Raki because it reminded her of her past...I'm just amazed that it seemed to be completely useless in actuality and that Claire or Teresa's is actually more important.

Here's the kicker; a weak scent of either some girl she killed, or some girl she let go, is more effective and important to her then the strong scent that reminds her of her home and family.

Quote:
Really? Apparently that's a false picture, or at least that's what's been going around. I can't imagine someone who makes a really dry gag manga while listening to German speed metal looking like some salaryman. :x
He's supposedly a professor, the suit fits.

It would be really cool to see a video with him
Old 2010-02-01, 11:46   Link #131
Joe_fh

Well looking at things now it probably meant Clare's scent on Raki (which was in fact Teresa's) reminded her of the past.
Back than I though Prissy said that casue every AB said that Raki is tasty
Old 2010-02-01, 11:49   Link #132
zato_1one

That's a fake pic. His name is Makoto Yagihashi. He is a robot engineering teacher.
http://drei.mech.nitech.ac.jp/~fujim...p/members.html

AB want Raki because Raki is human. Claymore smell bad for them.

ZOMG! Three people posted at the same time twice!
Old 2010-02-01, 11:49   Link #133
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
What if it's the scent of a half awakened one? Once again, let me emphasize the fact that Raki was holding Clare when she was awakening for the very first time. I would guess that an event such as that one would have a much deeper effect than sex or anything else. That's the kind of scent that can't be washed away very easily even in the Claymore-verse. Perhaps it washed itself away from Raki, who still had that scent quite strongly when he met Priscilla for the first time, but it stayed on Clare, that's for certain.
Very similar to my idea... for clarification do you think the scent is stuck on Raki or Clare's energy changed Raki in some way (like I do)?

You see my idea also ties into how come I think Raki's been able to resist the parasitic rods. So Raki produces the scent himself (which is why it's not long gone) but only to a very minor extent. It will still be up to Raki to partially awaken and resist the rods but Clare has given him a chance... or at least some extra time.

However I also believe that this will give the organization the clue they need to discover the existence of partial awakenings. Thus ruining Rubel's plans and forcing him to act (which is why I agree with Reven5 that the dragonskin are coming). Also making the ghosts the organization new primary target.

I think I've taken my speculation as far as it can go... I'm just hoping for an answer or clue so I can reformulate my speculation.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:50   Link #134
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
What did Claire mean? She never actually intended to stay with Raki? For some reason, that seems hard to believe :O

We're not talking about a dog here, we're talking about human beings

and Claire and Raki weren't together for very long either.

Thing is, this chapter doesn't go into much detail on the identity of the scent she's talking about. We know it's from Claire, but is it hers? or Raki's? or who-evers? Doesn't make much sense either way, but the least confusing if it was Raki's.

---

So Raki has been useless this entire time, and all the monologues and talks we had about him were for naught? and Claire/Teresa was suddenly born in the South?

Feels like one of those times where you're seeing something, but can't believe it.
Come on shieky. The whole having sex with someone will leave their scent on you for seven years theory is laughable as well. But lets look at this: Time between Clare and Raki split until Prissy first meets raki? 3 Months I believe have gone by since Clare was assigned a mission by Rubel and the time the org starts looking for her. So Say 3 months until the time Rubel sends Clare to the north. Add a month of traveling and it is possible that it is 4 months since the last time Raki had contact with Clare and meets Prissy, at which time she smells Clare's scent. Now prissy only had to smell Clare's scent on Raki once, and then associate his scent with hers. So Clare's scent could've faded over time and she followed Raki because she associated his scent to hers. :P And no you don't have to have sex with someone for your scent to be on them. Say a few tiny pieces of Clare's hair remained on Raki's clothing for instance, or some of the blood and sweat from battle? :P
Old 2010-02-01, 11:51   Link #135
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Well looking at things now it probably meant Clare's scent on Raki (which was in fact Teresa's) reminded her of the past.
Back than I though Prissy said that casue every AB said that Raki is tasty
..........Their are too many scents goddamnit

I think however we'll be able to at least get pointed in the right direction, if we find out what exactly is this "weak scent" she's talking about; is it Raki's, Claire's, Teresa's, or who-evers?

Once we figure that out, we should at least make better speculation. Now everything is just dizzy, it's sort of like getting a blindfold on you and then Yagi spinning you around in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta
Come on shieky. The whole having sex with someone will leave their scent on you for seven years theory is laughable as well. But lets look at this: Time between Clare and Raki split until Prissy first meets raki? 3 Months I believe have gone by since Clare was assigned a mission by Rubel and the time the org starts looking for her. So Say 3 months until the time Rubel sends Clare to the north. Add a month of traveling and it is possible that it is 4 months since the last time Raki had contact with Clare and meets Prissy, at which time she smells Clare's scent. Now prissy only had to smell Clare's scent on Raki once, and then associate his scent with hers. So Clare's scent could've faded over time and she followed Raki because she associated his scent to hers. :P And no you don't have to have sex with someone for your scent to be on them. Say a few tiny pieces of Clare's hair remained on Raki's clothing for instance, or some of the blood and sweat from battle? :P
I never said that having sex with someone would leave their scent on you for seven years, but at least it would leave it on you to begin with, at least for a little while. It's the only way I can think of where a human being can leave their scent on someone deeply who isn't family. It will probably wash away very shortly.

...Sooo.....you think it's been Claire she's been looking for all this time?
Old 2010-02-01, 11:53   Link #136
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Very similar to my idea... for clarification do you think the scent is stuck on Raki or Clare's energy changed Raki in some way (like I do)?

You see my idea also ties into how come I think Raki's been able to resist the parasitic rods. So Raki produces the scent himself (which is why it's not long gone) but only to a very minor extent. It will still be up to Raki to partially awaken but Clare has given him a chance... or at least some time.

However I also believe that this will give the organization the clue they need to discover about partial awakenings. Thus ruining Rubel's plans and forcing him to act. Also making the ghosts the organization new primary target.

I think I've taken my speculation as far as it can go... I'm just hoping for an answer or clue so I can reformulate my speculation.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if her awakening had an effect on Raki's spirit energy, so to speak. Everything about Raki was open to her. I really do believe that it was partly thanks to Raki that Clare was able to stop from awakening. I would even go as far as saying Raki acted as a kind of spunge to absorb the energy Clare was gushing out. That's why Raki had Clare's scent on him for such a long time, and it might even explain why he's so strong for a human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
I find it doubtful they had sex in the first place. =/
Old 2010-02-01, 11:57   Link #137
zato_1one

Quote:
Here's the kicker; a weak scent of either some girl she killed, or some girl she let go, is more effective and important to her then the strong scent that reminds her of her home and family.
I think that it's just Isley's assumption that Prissy like Raki's scent because it reminds her of her hometown in the south.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:58   Link #138
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I think that it's just Isley's assumption that Prissy like Raki's scent because it reminds her of her hometown in the south.
That, and we also have the monologue we just got from her herself last chapter.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:59   Link #139
Newhope

Quote:
It's not just that the sent is probably the only clue she's found that has any link to her past, it doesn't mean she's not still interested in her family and home.
Old 2010-02-01, 12:01   Link #140
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

....Just to reclarify, did Priscilla kick Claire in the crotch?
Closed Thread