AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-07, 13:37   Link #421
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's more a matter of common sense, ask yourself if your sniper is willing to give away her location to the target's homies because she felt like whistling Johnny Comes Marching Home. It's not that hard to think why sniper as a job is usually taken on by people able to keep it quiet during a mission, yes they can crack jokes, yes they can talk about the lastest Spiderman issue but when the time comes there is no room to go perky moé girl. This is why it is easier to compute Kirika Yumura and Mireille Bouquet as possibly taking on sniper job than Subaru Nakajima and Excel, godmamnit.
I think we are agreeing on the same thing : work ethic. They are quiet during operations and noisy outside of it. So what is wrong with a noisy and energetic sniper? It is the focus on the job at hand that matters, and maintaining radio and noise discipline - not the "character suitability". "Work capability" is certainly more important in this scenario because not many people can flow with the environment.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-06-07 at 13:48.
Old 2011-06-07, 13:53   Link #422
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Spoiler for Possible template for a future OC:

If she comes into actual creation though... Dunno.
Old 2011-06-07, 13:55   Link #423
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
"Work capability" is certainly more important in this scenario because not many people can flow with the environment.
Please, do note that out of the few Snipe OCs in the thread, at least two have a background story that justifies this capability, having been hunting game with a mentor. And both of them are well socially adjusted girls who don't mind following friends in a karaoke booth.
Old 2011-06-07, 13:58   Link #424
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Please, do note that out of the few Snipe OCs in the thread, at least two have a background story that justifies this capability, having been hunting game with a mentor. And both of them are well socially adjusted girls who don't mind following friends in a karaoke booth.
I know that and I accept that, and the girls are fine as they are, even if they are noisy and energetic yelling their heads off at a rock concert. So what is your point here?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-07, 14:05   Link #425
Terminator98
*Author

I think that there's no point... it was just aimed at Kha's wish for snipers saying "NYA" everytime they pull the trigger... moving awkwardly and bumping into objects, tripping everytime while relocating and the such... unless it's a fail sniper. (Or he has something to redeem this.) For example, we could create an OC that equals Reki on the ricochet and aiming magic... but utterly fails at staying discrete or relocating (clumsy). So yeah, the only place you would employ that kind of sniper is in noisy environments where making noises isn't a big problem.
Old 2011-06-07, 14:19   Link #426
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Carlos Hathcock. Outside of focusing on the target, he would insult them. I read a book on sniper biography before and it isn't about character as people like to put it - it is about the ability to flow into the environment, like a musician. You could check out how he responds in the interview in Sniper : Inside the Crosshair - combined with the book it says alot about sniper myths and what kind of person he is.
Emphasis mine. Your mention of Hathcock only supports my premise. He challenged the enemy quietly by wearing a white feather in his boonie hat. Throughout this interview, he's also neither brash nor loudmouthed - just the facts, with a certain confidence and pride in his skills and legacy. And a sense of humor, which one can always appreciate.

I'll allow that he did admit that he did enjoy the hunt and his job, though note that he but not just for killing's sake.

Also, I'm curious to your sources, if only so I may read them. Mine's Marine Sniper, by Charles Henderson, and Sniper School, a Discovery Channel documentary.

I also note that you ignored the last stand of Shugart and Gordon, which was handled by both operators very quietly and calmly while facing certain death.

There are times where I wonder if you're actually serious in participating, given that you don't seem to want to respond to comments others make on your thoughts, but you'll chime in anyway on others. This road ain't one way.

Quote:
Actually it depends on what kind of sniper weapon we give the person. I have seen a sniper-trained NCO shouting and talking so freely, while his demolition trained deputy is so....quiet.
To both SaintessHeart and Kha: As something which I have mentioned before and which seems to have not registered: there are always exceptions to the general rule. The mere existence of exceptions does not invalidate the general rule. While such exceptions exist, and you have apparently met one in real life, because of the nature of the work they do, there is a strong trend for snipers to be people who know how to shut the fuck up when on scope, and then relax afterwards and blow off steam.

Not shouting away hot bloodedly and in a manner befitting a blood knight, crying out for kills, and taking a delighted excitement in every shot, and thus not focusing on the task at hand. And if you put such a person behind the scope, well then you deserve whatever you're getting.

Also, all the loud yelling and crap would interfere with BRASS, which is key to shooting.

As for the weapon: it would depend on what is your engagement. Military snipers generally engage to further distances than police snipers. Police sniper rifles are usually zeroed for shorter ranges - 100 to 300 meters - and built for greater accuracy than military rifles - they also cost more, generally speaking, though Butei is apparently footing the bill so that's less of an issue.

What to use? Generally most favor the 7.62mm NATO or .308 Winchester Magnum, which are almost similar in terms of profile (IIRC, rifles chambered for the latter can fire the former, but not vice versa due to differences in chamber pressures). There's also the .300 Winchester Magnum, the somewhat more exotic .338 Lapua... 5.56mm is possible but is rarely used for sniping, instead employed in accurised assault rifles such as the designated marksman variant of the SIG SG 550.

.50BGM is rarely used by police snipers; the few cases where .50 BGM antimaterial rifles are known to be used, they are intended as a means of forcibly disabling vehicles.

If you're worried about logistics and supply, 7.62mm NATO is your best bet, since it's one of the most common rifle calibers in the world; .308 Winchester Magnum comes a close second. Regards rifle - depends on your charecter. Bolt action rifles are generally more accurate but unless they use box magazines or stripper clips, generally are a pain in the ass to reload quickly compared to semiauto rifles. On the other hand semiauto rifles can't achieve the level of accuraccy a bolt action can. On the other hand, depending on your engagement range, and your profile, that may not matter - there's a reason why snipers in urban combat in Iraq have been switching to semiauto rifles like M14 DMR/EBR/EMR or the SR-25.

Cut short? Most sniper rifles in the world for dedicated police snipers tend to be bolt action, and Remington makes a tidy sum selling it's 700P and VTR as police-oriented sniper rifles. If you're not sure, go with Remington - Big Green has a good reputation for a reason. Or H-S Precision, which makes the rifles for the FBI's HRT.

Quote:
It's more a matter of common sense, ask yourself if your sniper is willing to give away her location to the target's homies because she felt like whistling Johnny Comes Marching Home. It's not that hard to think why sniper as a job is usually taken on by people able to keep it quiet during a mission, yes they can crack jokes, yes they can talk about the lastest Spiderman issue but when the time comes there is no room to go perky moé girl. This is why it is easier to compute Kirika Yumura and Mireille Bouquet as possibly taking on sniper job than Subaru Nakajima and Excel, godmamnit. I could nOT make Svetlana a genki moéball, because damn, she was an infant during the fucking Siege of Sarajevo, aka the closest thing to a sniper's wet dream in the last decades, she grew up in an area that had ethnic tension and was about to burst into a new conflict anytime. She had to toughen up a bit, and kept enough of girliness to not turns into a sociopath because that's the least I could do for her to avoid falling into the cold-blooded psychopathic sniper.
Quoted for truth.

The more I look at Hidan no Aria, the more I'm starting to think it's essentially Holmes redone in the modern day, meaning that while there's a general positive vibe and a sense of accomplishment, bad things can still happen in this world and reality still ensures. There's still good in the world, and things are not as bad as Tropa de Elite 1 & 2, but there's still clouds amidst the rainbows...

tl;dr: bad things happen to good people, but this verse has hope that things won't have downer endings.

Quote:
I think we are agreeing on the same thing : work ethic. They are quiet during operations and noisy outside of it. So what is wrong with a noisy and energetic sniper? It is the focus on the job at hand that matters, and maintaining radio and noise discipline - not the "character suitability". "Work capability" is certainly more important in this scenario because not many people can flow with the environment.
The problem with Gunblade23's charecter was that he was essentially a loud blood knight who enjoyed the killing perhaps too much and was not able to shut the hell up, and was noisy during operations. And the problem with Kha's idea is that she'd be excited with every shot, being genki while on the scope, and make exclamations with each pull of the trigger.

Persons who are generally loudmouthed, genki, outgoing and gregarious by nature are not people who will be able to turn all that off and focus at the task at hand silently. That was the character suitability that I was getting at, which you seem to have not understood. I speak from observations from my workplace.

Now as with most things if enough work is put into those outgoing and gregarious people, they can be trained to a result that we end up with a more or less happy medium: focus on the scope, and blowing off steam off scope, which is how it should be. Hathcock, afterall, had a sense of humor, and Mawhinney was by accounts a cheerful outgoing guy who was friendly and humorous and completely focused when on the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
I think that there's no point... it was just aimed at Kha's wish for snipers saying "NYA" everytime they pull the trigger... moving awkwardly and bumping into objects, tripping everytime while relocating and the such... unless it's a fail sniper. (Or he has something to redeem this.) For example, we could create an OC that equals Reki on the ricochet and aiming magic... but utterly fails at staying discrete or relocating (clumsy). So yeah, the only place you would employ that kind of sniper is in noisy environments where making noises isn't a big problem.
You've more or less summed up the point (or relative lack thereof). That said I would strongly disagree with such a character - both from a practical as well as a story standpoint. As a deployable asset, a character of the nature that you propose would be a hazard to him or herself; also, as said character is none too reliable, few Butei would want to work with such an unreliable asset.

That's why Noa Izumi is one of the best pilots in Patlabor. She may not have Ohta's gung ho or shooting skills, or Kanuka's piloting ability, but she's always reliable and that counts for so much more.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-06-07, 20:10   Link #427
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Ah... Exactly why I think I should make one, to be different.

But, here's the update, after discussion, I decided to cast Lana as earlier decided (before I thot that the group needed an idiot). To compensate, I'll have Kujo troll the boys a little more. Like:

Elise: JIMUBIIN~~ TUTTURU~~
Jim: ...what are you after?
Elise: (Kuroneko Mode) I heard that's the kind of girl you're into.
Jim: Don't confuse me for that lolicon.
Nemo: I'm not a lolicon! I like women AND lolis!

And Lana is thankful the pay is good enough to put up with these goons. Of course, once Jim goes into Licenced to Chill mode, everything's serious.
Elise is gonna be a massive troll, that's for sure.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-07, 20:37   Link #428
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The Story so far... Summary for quick update, not a full profile. New Side characters added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After fleeing a blown operation in Nigeria and being kidnapped and beaten, Arisato finds himself stuck in Tokyo he has been abandoned by all his normal intelligence contacts and is under continuous surveillance by the local law enforcements agencies with his personal assets frozen. Arisato soon learns that he has been flagged as an 'extremely dangerous person' and was blacklisted by the entire Intelligence community, even the Butei Organization considers him as 'radioactive' and refuses to talk to him. Extraordinary efforts to reach his former handler yield only a grudging admission that someone powerful wants him "on ice" in Tokyo. If he leaves there, he will "heat up fast" with every Law enforcement agency in the country, including his former allies in the Butei, would take part in the manhunt.

In addition to that, because Minato is not longer officially recognised by any agency and hence not entitled to their protection, he's considered "free game" on the open market. He has manage to attract the attention of a syndicate of Ex-Butei that have been blacklisted or fired due to severe criminal charages. He has also manage to piss off the EU after he sabotaged their operations in St Peterborough along with a large number of criminal organizations from Japan to the west. If that wasn't enough, even the Assassin Brotherhood led by his younger brother wants to find him.

(Even Aria once tried to pin some indecent public behaviour charges on him...)

In need of some cash to survive, Arisato reluctantly works as an unlicensed private investigator and problem solver for ordinary citizens to fund his personal investigation into his situation as a blacklisted Butei. Together with his best friend Saito, and two former romance interest Raimei and Ada, he unofficially formed Team [Even].

(I don't know if it makes Minato a Quadra if I give him dual USP45 and two hidden blades...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Main Characters: Team [EVEN]

Spoiler for Saito, Raimei, Ada:

Side Characters

Spoiler for Ryoushi, Siesta, Liszt, Takako, Ryoji, 'Management' :

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-07 at 20:49.
Old 2011-06-07, 23:19   Link #429
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I suppose all this takes place in the future, after all of them have graduated?

I'm trying to save the Jim Bean: Brotherhood novella, which features Minato, Preston and Jim.
Old 2011-06-07, 23:36   Link #430
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I suppose all this takes place in the future, after all of them have graduated?

I'm trying to save the Jim Bean: Brotherhood novella, which features Minato, Preston and Jim.
...No? Why did you have that impression
Old 2011-06-07, 23:53   Link #431
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...No? Why did you have that impression
Because his missions and consequences seem to belong to a fully-trained Butei rather than a freshman. I had to dumb down the adventures of Bean because of this.

But I'm leaning towards the notion that A and S rank missions everywhere are the same. That means even students of the right level can take them. Which then means I'm going to be tagging Minato A Certain Unfortunate Fool.
Old 2011-06-08, 00:07   Link #432
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Because his missions and consequences seem to belong to a fully-trained Butei rather than a freshman. I had to dumb down the adventures of Bean because of this.

But I'm leaning towards the notion that A and S rank missions everywhere are the same. That means even students of the right level can take them. Which then means I'm going to be tagging Minato A Certain Unfortunate Fool.

Mah~ I get the idea from Aria that country hopping isn't too farfletch. I get the impression from everybody else, that a Butei killing someone has major consequences. Usually you'll get arrested, but if they do that then the officials would have to declassified those files, if they don't want to do that- They'll just sent you a burn notice stating that you have been blacklisted.

Don't forget, he's brought up in the Assassin's Brotherhood, that means he's got a few years (they start young) under his belt working in covert intelligences.

btw, no comments on my side characters ?
Old 2011-06-08, 00:45   Link #433
Terminator98
*Author

Igor has an oversized nose. He also strangely reminds me of the penguin... but it's just the art I guess. (I'm gonna have nightmares about that nose...) Why did you kick siesta out of the main cast and relegate her to housewife? O.o Also... Waston... I think you meant Watson?
Old 2011-06-08, 01:55   Link #434
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Igor has an oversized nose. He also strangely reminds me of the penguin... but it's just the art I guess. (I'm gonna have nightmares about that nose...)
I didn't have time to find a proper fanart; I figure this would be enough.

Quote:
Why did you kick siesta out of the main cast and relegate her to housewife? O.o Also... Waston... I think you meant Watson?
You know how it is with typing

I've thought long and hard about this, I think it's for the better that I don't have too many 'main characters'. In the first place I don't intend to use Ryoushi and Siesta as much, so it's pointless to label them as main characters. It's not like she won't be doing anything, there are times when you'll need a magician then she'll step in with her expertise.
Old 2011-06-08, 04:40   Link #435
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Mah~ I get the idea from Aria that country hopping isn't too farfletch.
Yeah once I remembered the Egypt arc I rethought that statement.

Quote:
I get the impression from everybody else, that a Butei killing someone has major consequences. Usually you'll get arrested, but if they do that then the officials would have to declassified those files, if they don't want to do that- They'll just sent you a burn notice stating that you have been blacklisted.
So that's what that part of the anime meant. I was watching GG subs that time and it was a hard trying to untroll their troll.

Quote:
Don't forget, he's brought up in the Assassin's Brotherhood, that means he's got a few years (they start young) under his belt working in covert intelligences.

Which is why he'll find an ally in Bean.

Quote:
btw, no comments on my side characters ?
I need to get to a safe hiding place first!

Quote:
The Story so far... Summary for quick update, not a full profile. New Side characters added.

Spoiler for Snip:
Chrysanthe the current class rep bugs Jim to go check up on their missing classmate, then...

...realizes that Elise's little write-up about Minato's entire case history reads like an article off wiki.

Just kidding.

Quote:

Name: Saito

Saito is the 'Waston' to Minato, and the type of friend who is loyal and would always have your back. Unlike most "Best friend" Character, Saito is the straight man is tasked with holding Minato down to Earth. And given how tactless and insensitive Minato can be with social and romantic contexts, Saito reluctantly becomes his unofficial Relationship consultant. He presents himself as "the guy who knows a guy," and Minato frequently relies on Saito seemingly inexhaustible list of contacts; Saito has a friend in every government agency in the country.
...and more Burn Notice.

Jim: Elise?!
Elise: Ever heard of how reality can be stranger than fiction?
Jim: Yeah right, next thing you'll tell me is that we're actually characters in someone's doujin.
Nemo: I'd take the red pill any time.
Lana: Why are you reading this when he's our classmate?
Jim: I already paid for it. -_-

Quote:

Name: Fuyumi Raimei
Ancestor: Saint Barbara

Raimei and Minato has a complicated history; It was Minato that set her on this path of being an Assault Butei. Raimei re-enters Minato's life when he is dumped in Tokyo and she decides to help him, quickly making herself valuable to him. Aside from serving as his explosives and firearms expert, as well as private armory. she provides support to him on his investigations and, at times, assists him in missions to find out who blacklisted him.
Jim: ...I know these people, so I'm just going to skip the histories. >.>
Elise: (Mayushii mode) Jimbin, you meanie.

Quote:

Name: Ada

Ada and Minato met when he was in St Peterborough working on a case against the EU. When she heard he's blacklisted and stuck in Tokyo, she immediately transferred to the Tokyo Butei high to offer him her assistance, much to Raimei's dismay. She affectionately calls him 'Misha', as that was the alias he had used when he first met her.
Jim: Now I'm actually learning something.
Elise: Hah, made you look!
Jim:

Quote:

Name: Ryoushi

One of Saito's good friend and a valuable ally to Minato. Ryoushi occasionally helps the team out by providing sniper cover; But much to Saito's dismay, Minato prefers to use Ryoushi for his amazing talent as a human lie detector who's able to clear identify a person's emotions and if they're hiding something from simply observing their facial expression. Ryoushi is usually a shy boy, but he hopes to one day work up to courage to confess to the girl he likes.
Jim: That explains why Ookami been on snipe duty instead.

Quote:

Name: Siesta
Ancestor: Lady Frieda Harris

Siesta was a girl that Minato though he was saving from an evil cult, but had actually successfully kidnapped her from her family. She's a modern Magician that follows the system of Thelesma set by Aleister Crowley, and wields her magic through the Thoth Tarot Cards. Siesta also provides Minato with a place to stay while he's still stuck in Tokyo. Both of them seems to be blissfully unaware how inappropriate it is for a teenage boy and girl to be living under the same roof.
Elise: This piece of information is thanks to Eri-chan.
Eri: You should get your fortune read by Siesta-san sometime.
Jim: That's not the point right now...
Nemo: That guy's got more luck than we do.
Jim: Don't count on it.

Quote:

Name: Liszt

Liszt is a metrosexual and very successful money launderer who is often used by Minato as a source of information about, and introductions to, members of the Tokyo underworld. Minato also sometimes pays Barry to use his skills at doctoring financial records to help him create cover IDs and to frame his enemies for misconduct. Liszt is fully aware of Minato's status but could not care less, as it is his business to deal with shady characters. Liszt runs his money washing business with his cousin, and is suspiciously close to her.
Jim: Think we can get in contact with him?
Elise: You do it. This broker trades in favors.
Nemo: I wonder what favors did he ever ask of you?
Elise: D-Don't give me that look, pervert.
Nemo: I'm not a pervert! I'm a gentleman pervert!

I'll need something to get on his side. But what can we provide? Maybe MI:6 has some answers...

Quote:

Name: Takako Itsukushima

The rich ojou-sama character; Saito first met her on a mission with Minato months ago where the two of them were task to protect her from a kidnapping. Contrast to Saito's rather lay-back personality, She tends to have a serious personality which compliments that of a student council president. As the president of an All-Girls school, she knows that she must be very decisive in her actions and thus cannot often hesitate with her decisions, since she knows the students would have trouble following her if she didn't act as such. As it is, Takako herself has stated how she almost never has confidence in herself. She and Saito rarely see eye to eye and the two of them gets into many couple-like quarrels, but over time the two of them started to warm up to each other.
Jim: ...oh good.
Elise: Huh?
Jim: Not her.
Elise: Ex-fling?
Jim: I'll just say it was mentally scarring and leave it at that...
Elise: Heh... So there IS a girl the great Jim Bean is afraid of.
Jim: It's not like that... Uh never mind.

She seems like an accessory to the whole scheme of things. But knowing the Brotherhood, she might be in as much danger as the rest. But unlike the rest, she is not under any Butei-level security. I'll have to factor this in any plan.

...or I could just get her into some trouble first then try white knighting... Tempting...

Quote:

Name: Raphael Auditore
Alias: Arisato Ryoji
Ancestor: Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Status: Minato's younger brother, Master of the Assassin's Brotherhood.

The current head of the Assassin's Brotherhood and is the equal to Minato in every way except that he's a far more dangerous fighter that wields an astounding ten weapons at once; Two SIG-Sauer P228, Two Combat Knives, Two hidden blades on his wrists, Two switch blades in his shoes, And his scarf is made of Carbon Nano fibers with steel woven serrated edges- It won't slice through Kevlar, but it would still leave nasty gashes and even take out an eye.
Definitely dangerous, especially after that meeting. 'Takes a thief to catch a thief' huh... At least Preston and I agree, it was better that we found Minato before anyone else did.

Quote:

Alias: Igor
Alliance: Management
Now where have I seen him before...

Nemo: Mmm... I can see the gears turning.
Elise: So?
Jim: Eri, think you can let Siesta and Minato know that we got his message, and we'll work from our end?
Eri: *salute* Yes, cousin!
Jim: Time for some groundwork... OPERATION URD, STARTO!!
Nemo: Delusion fail.
Jim: I love that show so much.

Elise covers her face with her palm.

Old 2011-06-08, 04:56   Link #436
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So that's what that part of the anime meant. I was watching GG subs that time and it was a hard trying to untroll their troll.
What? No, that was from [Burn Notice] as well.

Quote:
Chrysanthe the current class rep bugs Jim to go check up on their missing classmate, then...

...realizes that Elise's little write-up about Minato's entire case history reads like an article off wiki.

Just kidding.

...and more Burn Notice.

Jim: Elise?!
Elise: Ever heard of how reality can be stranger than fiction?
Jim: Yeah right, next thing you'll tell me is that we're actually characters in someone's doujin.
Nemo: I'd take the red pill any time.
Lana: Why are you reading this when he's our classmate?
Jim: I already paid for it. -_-

Jim: ...I know these people, so I'm just going to skip the histories. >.>
Elise: (Mayushii mode) Jimbin, you meanie.

Jim: Now I'm actually learning something.
Elise: Hah, made you look!
Jim:
I haven't really changed their profile at all, this is just from completion sake. Raimei and Ada's history and personality I have it all set in their full profile somewhere in this thread. The only thing I add is that Raimei likes Hamsters ALOT and Ada likes to dress girls in her fancy clothes.

Saito I need to straighten out what I really want from his personality, so I guess he's just the Comic-relief best friend (minus tsundere), but unlike most Comic-relief best friend, he's the sensible one.

Quote:
Jim: That explains why Ookami been on snipe duty instead.
It does ?

Quote:
Elise: This piece of information is thanks to Eri-chan.
Eri: You should get your fortune read by Siesta-san sometime.
Jim: That's not the point right now...
Nemo: That guy's got more luck than we do.
Jim: Don't count on it.
Minato knows he's lucky...That someone is willing to give him a place to stay for free.

That's all, lol

Quote:

Jim: Think we can get in contact with him?
Elise: You do it. This broker trades in favors.
Nemo: I wonder what favors did he ever ask of you?
Elise: D-Don't give me that look, pervert.
Nemo: I'm not a pervert! I'm a gentleman pervert!

I'll need something to get on his side. But what can we provide? Maybe MI:6 has some answers...
I'm not exactly sure if that's how Money Washing works

Quote:

Jim: ...oh good.
Elise: Huh?
Jim: Not her.
Elise: Ex-fling?
Jim: I'll just say it was mentally scarring and leave it at that...
Elise: Heh... So there IS a girl the great Jim Bean is afraid of.
Jim: It's not like that... Uh never mind.
Just to be sure you're not getting the wrong idea... This isn't the trap >.>

Quote:
She seems like an accessory to the whole scheme of things. But knowing the Brotherhood, she might be in as much danger as the rest. But unlike the rest, she is not under any Butei-level security. I'll have to factor this in any plan.

...or I could just get her into some trouble first then try white knighting... Tempting...
I've thrown in some vague relationship with Saito; I've always complaining how best friend characters never get any girls, well I've thrown in a big fish now- It doesn't get any grander than "Tsundere Rich ojou-sama Student president of an ALL-GIRLS school"
Old 2011-06-08, 05:02   Link #437
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Èlise's profile is now up on Google Docs!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...thkey=CK_fhIcP
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-08, 06:05   Link #438
Terminator98
*Author

Along with Elise comes my newest OC (who gets released before the overhauled ones... XD)

------
Alexandra: This school is stuffed with weirdos...

Yui: Are you saying that you aren't one, miss Van Helsing?

Kyousuke: For sure nee-san... since when have you been so arrogant?

Alexandra: Ah well... Sorry if I sounded this way... but I just had the feeling that this place was way out of the norms.

Asuka: Alex-san... stop complaining! The supernatural stuff is awesome! Do you know how much I'd pay to befriend a dragon?

Kyousuke: A dragon? My, my... I think that this is a bit too far fetched. Anyways... let me present you someone I just met and she's... *reads info sheet carefuly* ... nevermind...

Asuka: DON'T TELL ME SHE'S A DRAGON!?
-----

Character Sheet for: Hisako "Lucy" Amaterasu

Comments welcomed as always.

@Anyone with skills in Japanese... I NEED HELP ON LUCY'S SPELLS... check if there are any consistencies and point em out to me plz..
Old 2011-06-08, 06:08   Link #439
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
What? No, that was from [Burn Notice] as well.
Oh I was pretty sure I read about it in the episode thread and saw it implied in the episode when Butei Law 9 first came up.

Quote:
I haven't really changed their profile at all, this is just from completion sake. Raimei and Ada's history and personality I have it all set in their full profile somewhere in this thread. The only thing I add is that Raimei likes Hamsters ALOT and Ada likes to dress girls in her fancy clothes.
Jim: I'm so glad 'Nagi' is in another class.

Quote:
Saito I need to straighten out what I really want from his personality, so I guess he's just the Comic-relief best friend (minus tsundere), but unlike most Comic-relief best friend, he's the sensible one.
He sounds fine as he is right now.

Quote:
It does ?
Assault with Snipe elective. Dual Taser mitts, SIG Sauer P24, and SG-550-1. In my head, she's technically part of EVEN, so when Ryoushi's on the ground she has the option to hang back. But not very far, her Nemo-made taser mitts are still her most reliable weapons.

Quote:
Minato knows he's lucky...That someone is willing to give him a place to stay for free.

That's all, lol
Jim, Nemo, Saito don Inquisition hats.

Unforgivable...

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure if that's how Money Washing works
Elise: Look at it this way, does any of us have the amount of money to trade at his level?
Jim looks at Nemo.
Nemo: My money is needed to feed my 2D wives! And I have a lot of them!
Jim: Look at yourself before you say something like that.

Quote:
Just to be sure you're not getting the wrong idea... This isn't the trap >.>
Of course not, or the conversation would be a lot more different I can assure you. <.<

Quote:
I've thrown in some vague relationship with Saito; I've always complaining how best friend characters never get any girls, well I've thrown in a big fish now- It doesn't get any grander than "Tsundere Rich ojou-sama Student president of an ALL-GIRLS school"
Jim: True, then you factor in that when you get any where near her, the entire school revolts.
Elise: Is that what happened with you?
Jim: ...>.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Èlise's profile is now up on Google Docs!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...thkey=CK_fhIcP
Nemo: You know? I think I've just figured out what you are missing. *eyetwinkle*
Elise: ...s-stop staring like that...
Nemo: Yes. Yeees. You're missing... *dramatic point* VICTORIAN FASHION!
Elise: W-What?! Don't involve me in your goth lolita fetishes!!
Nemo: Oh so you do know about goth lolita fetish.
Jim: Its a piiinch.
Ada: That's a great idea! Come this way I have just the thing... *curtain being drawn*
Elise: Wait! Stop! I didn't say I wanted to-- Don't take my clothes-- Ah! Don't!

Jim: >.>
Saito: <.<
Minato:
Nemo: WIN!

Old 2011-06-08, 07:00   Link #440
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Assault with Snipe elective. Dual Taser mitts, SIG Sauer P24, and SG-550-1. In my head, she's technically part of EVEN, so when Ryoushi's on the ground she has the option to hang back. But not very far, her Nemo-made taser mitts are still her most reliable weapons.
Swap the SG550 with a bigger gun? I think with a 5.56 round it wouldn't have an effective range of more than 500m. HK417 using a 7.62 round with a 16" barrel should fit her size.

Then again, she is doing snipe elective, so her weapon doesn't have to be that fat.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-06-08 at 09:16.
Closed Thread