Old 2004-12-04, 21:08   Link #41
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabearnay
I just finished ep.26&27.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

FWIW, I have already received my Touch DVD-Box and have been marathoning it. Great stuff.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 19:33   Link #42
Srin Tuar
無謀

Hrm, episode 55 is nothing but review. (and it doesnt even review as far the current episode, leaving open the scary possibility that episode 56 will be a review as well, but one mostly involving people sitting around and not talking much)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 21:07   Link #43
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Hrm, episode 55 is nothing but review. (and it doesnt even review as far the current episode, leaving open the scary possibility that episode 56 will be a review as well, but one mostly involving people sitting around and not talking much)
Yes, 55-56 are reviews. There is one scene added to 56 that wasn't ever shown. Watch and see if you notice. Plus the music is cool.

Heibi
Central Anime
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 03:16   Link #44
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Finished watching the Touch DVD-Box

Great classic anime. The last few episodes in the 4th part of Touch (episodes 80 to 101) were fantastic - namely episodes 91 to 101, what a great finishing batch of episodes, especially the phone call at the end.

FWIW, there's another couple of review/recap episodes at 78 and 79.
Old 2004-12-07, 04:46   Link #45
froobly

Boo on the recap episode! At least they're labelled as such, so it's not too bad. "Recap 1: Memories are too Beautiful," implying that the next episode will be a recap as well (even if Heibi hadn't already told us so). I'll see if I notice the added scene in 56. But does this mean that we get a new OP and ED in 57?

In the meantime, I'll get caught up on Gundam Seed...
froobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 07:02   Link #46
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by froobly
Boo on the recap episode! At least they're labelled as such, so it's not too bad. "Recap 1: Memories are too Beautiful," implying that the next episode will be a recap as well (even if Heibi hadn't already told us so). I'll see if I notice the added scene in 56. But does this mean that we get a new OP and ED in 57?

In the meantime, I'll get caught up on Gundam Seed...
New opening at 57. New ending a little later.

Heibi
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 16:00   Link #47
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Sweet, more Touch episodes! I'm wondering right now, if episode 55 (or 56 was it?) is the recap episode, are we nearing the second arc of this show? While I've been downloading all the episodes, I haven't actually gone past the first arc. I'm waiting till the second arc is done before watching anymore.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 16:54   Link #48
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Sweet, more Touch episodes! I'm wondering right now, if episode 55 (or 56 was it?) is the recap episode, are we nearing the second arc of this show? While I've been downloading all the episodes, I haven't actually gone past the first arc. I'm waiting till the second arc is done before watching anymore.
55-56 were recap and ended the second arc.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 05:14   Link #49
froobly

Just finished watching 57 and

Spoiler:

Edit: Just finished watching 58 and

Spoiler:

Last edited by froobly; 2004-12-21 at 07:46.
froobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 22:25   Link #50
Acespeedy

Wow, simply the best anime. Cant wait for ep 62. One the preview of ep 62 it looks like things are heating up between Nitta and Minami. One question though, why does she keep hanging out with Nitta now all of a sudden? I know she got kicked out of the manager position but come on. If shes so devoted to Tatsuya then she shouldnt feel the need. She should know that Tatsuya doesnt like Yuka but this just seems like insecurity. Also, how come she keeps wanting Tatsuya to do something about that other guy that likes Minami but when Nitta shows up its like "hmm I like Nitta". It just seems like if Tatsuya doesnt do something that she wants she goes running off with Nitta.. I dont get it.
Acespeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 16:25   Link #51
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Angry

Yes mate, it also bothers me and with the fact that Tatsuya doesn't does anything
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 22:06   Link #52
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acespeedy
Wow, simply the best anime. Cant wait for ep 62. One the preview of ep 62 it looks like things are heating up between Nitta and Minami. One question though, why does she keep hanging out with Nitta now all of a sudden? I know she got kicked out of the manager position but come on. If shes so devoted to Tatsuya then she shouldnt feel the need. She should know that Tatsuya doesnt like Yuka but this just seems like insecurity. Also, how come she keeps wanting Tatsuya to do something about that other guy that likes Minami but when Nitta shows up its like "hmm I like Nitta". It just seems like if Tatsuya doesnt do something that she wants she goes running off with Nitta.. I dont get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokr
Yes mate, it also bothers me and with the fact that Tatsuya doesn't does anything
Q1. Why does Asakura Minami hang out with Nitta Akio?

Nitta Akio is the only other person outside the group of admirers that understands and symapthises with her. The rest are just mainly fanboys and gawkers. Akio provides a friendly listening ear for her to voice her feelings. His confidence and level-headedness is also used to show the direct contrast with Tatsuya ("Tacchan") and is a surrogate character for:
Spoiler:

Q2. Why does Minami get bothered/annoyed with Nitta Yuki even though she knows that Tacchan does not like Nitta Yuki?

She is a comfortable relationship position with Tacchan and the antics of Yuki is that of an annoying prankster that just intervenes in the relationship. Tacchan generally just ignores Yuki except when she does things in his face.

Q3. How come she keeps wanting Tatsuya to do something about that other guy that likes Minami but when Nitta shows up its like "hmm I like Nitta"?

Because Nishimura is annoying in his mannerisms like a rabid fanboy and tries to force the situation whereas Nitta Akio does not (refer answer to Q1).

Q4. "It just seems like if Tatsuya doesnt do something that she wants she goes running off with Nitta"

Refer answer to Q1.

Q5. Why does Tatsuya not do anything about it?

Tacchan trusts Minami and he is aware that Nitta Akio is interested in Minami. However, his form of fighting this battle is not of engaging in a direct relationship battle with Akio but by fulfilling the request of Minami. Besides, Tacchan does not have the confidence in himself to force the issue... [hint: watch more and you will see]

Overall, Minami is well aware of Tacchan fighting his own battle in the baseball club and that she has left it to him to do so, especially in light of this being their last summer in high school and the last chance to get to the Koshien. She is also pondering about her own achievements instead of just actively supporting the Uesugi twins.
Old 2004-12-31, 23:27   Link #53
Acespeedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh
Q1. Why does Asakura Minami hang out with Nitta Akio?

Nitta Akio is the only other person outside the group of admirers that understands and symapthises with her. The rest are just mainly fanboys and gawkers. Akio provides a friendly listening ear for her to voice her feelings. His confidence and level-headedness is also used to show the direct contrast with Tatsuya ("Tacchan") and is a surrogate character for:
Spoiler:

Q2. Why does Minami get bothered/annoyed with Nitta Yuki even though she knows that Tacchan does not like Nitta Yuki?

She is a comfortable relationship position with Tacchan and the antics of Yuki is that of an annoying prankster that just intervenes in the relationship. Tacchan generally just ignores Yuki except when she does things in his face.

Q3. How come she keeps wanting Tatsuya to do something about that other guy that likes Minami but when Nitta shows up its like "hmm I like Nitta"?

Because Nishimura is annoying in his mannerisms like a rabid fanboy and tries to force the situation whereas Nitta Akio does not (refer answer to Q1).

Q4. "It just seems like if Tatsuya doesnt do something that she wants she goes running off with Nitta"

Refer answer to Q1.

Q5. Why does Tatsuya not do anything about it?

Tacchan trusts Minami and he is aware that Nitta Akio is interested in Minami. However, his form of fighting this battle is not of engaging in a direct relationship battle with Akio but by fulfilling the request of Minami. Besides, Tacchan does not have the confidence in himself to force the issue... [hint: watch more and you will see]

Overall, Minami is well aware of Tacchan fighting his own battle in the baseball club and that she has left it to him to do so, especially in light of this being their last summer in high school and the last chance to get to the Koshien. She is also pondering about her own achievements instead of just actively supporting the Uesugi twins.

Lol, ok I guess I had a lot more questions within a question, but thanks
Old 2004-12-31, 23:31   Link #54
Acespeedy

Quote:
Lol, ok I guess I had a lot more questions within a question, but thanks

But also, I dont think I would like a girl to go running off with some other guy, pardon this, even tho he kinda had to fight his own brother for the affections for a girl. I would get kinda tired of it. This is my own opinion but it just seems like Minami is being selfish while Tatsuya is going through a personal hell all for her, by which she doesnt seem to appreciate. If I were Tatsuya, I would try to find another reason to go to the Koishien.
Old 2004-12-31, 23:40   Link #55
Acespeedy

By which I mean if you look at the last couple of episodes, she complains to Tatsuya that he isnt doing anything to let her back into the manager positon. Meanwhile, Tatsuya is getting his ass kicked by the new coach and says he will do something later. In this, he tries to get her in if he wins against ...uhh the other pitcher guy. He basically lost but in episode 62, it seems like she just whines to Nitta, instead of talking about it to the...well the person she is SUPPOSED to love. And I know Nitta likes her and if he were to confess to her, then... from what ive seen, she might actually go to like him. These are just my assumptions. I realize its anime but talking to someone else other then the person you like is well.... a sign of a unhealthy relationship which down the road would spell doom.
Old 2005-01-01, 02:05   Link #56
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
I realize its anime but talking to someone else other then the person you like is well.... a sign of a unhealthy relationship which down the road would spell doom.
There are many paths to the same destination. Your path is one option. However, in the case of Tacchan and Minami, it's different. Pay attention to the characters and you will notice a few things about the both of them.

Tacchan is not a direct person. You are thinking along the lines of a direct person and being direct. For Tacchan, that is not him. It takes a lot for him to open up on his feelings. From the earlier episodes you would have seen him having great difficulty in having heartfelt conversations. What he does, he does it in his own nonchalant style. You will notice another thing by Tacchan by now - he is quite a selfless person and one that is ready to help.

Minami is independent but she is human and does get frustrated at times at the situations. There's no one to take her frustrations out (except the lettuce ) and she just wants a sounding board she can trust. Minami knows Tacchan well enough to accept that Tacchan is not a person to talk with on matters of the heart - he is downright uncomfortable with it. The only one now in her circle of friends that she can talk to at the moment that she trusts outside of Tacchan is Nitta Akio and he lends a sympathetic ear.

Is it unhealthy? She is ready to wait for him and he is fighting out there to improve himself so that she won't be disappointed in him. When a relationship survives tulmultous times, it becomes stronger. I suggest you watch it play out. Minami really likes, believes in and cares for Tacchan, however Tacchan's internal self-esteem and confidence is so shot at and repressed due to years of letting his brother, Kazuya, shine in the spotlight that it hinders him and hurts Minami (and us too. Watch episode 96 in time).
Old 2006-01-17, 09:55   Link #57
Blaat

Currently at episode 84, I must say I love it Although I thought episodes 50 to 70 were a tad weak and felt more like fillers. My god what is Yuka annoying, someone should slap her

Anyway question regarding the movies, I know movie 4 and 5 are sequels or at least taking place into the future after episode 101. Movie 1 and 2(?) are compilations, but what about movie 3? Is it any good?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 18:47   Link #58
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Movie 1 and 2(?) are compilations, but what about movie 3? Is it any good?
Movie 3 is also a recap compilation. I have no idea if it's good, I didn't bother trying to find a copy.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 01:40   Link #59
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
Movie 3 is also a recap compilation. I have no idea if it's good, I didn't bother trying to find a copy.
Ah okay thanks, then I won't bother with the first three movies
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 00:10   Link #60
bongoyoyo

Does anyone have Movie 1 & 2? Please seed... I am now stuck at 94.5% and there is no seeders. Please reseed. I give you million thanks...
bongoyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote