Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-11, 19:35   Link #221
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Anyway, I somehow doubt people will want A.I. children, though..
On the contrary, A.I. children don't wake up at 2am needing a feeding, or at 4am needing a diaper change. A.I. children won't grow up to disdain your beliefs... and if they do, an opinion refresh is just a click away.

Note that I am not suggesting any of this is good - just that I know plenty of people who probably would have been happier with AI children, and children who might have been better off if their parents hadn't treated them like they were AIs.

Of course, let's not forget that in this case the A.I. also has mad Haxor skills (though I always thought Kirito's programming to "save" her was at best a hand wave).

Oh, and I am "experienced" only in that having seen the first episode I had to go to the "place that can't be named", and then read through the first two volumes and the side story collection.
Old 2012-07-11, 19:41   Link #222
firestalker5

I've been thinking.... What if they used the device from Mothers Rosario? The one that allowed Yuuki[?] to be in school while logged into the Gear...

What if they refined that a little and made it more human like? They transfer Yui to it or find a way for her to connect to it. Then Yui could get out of the cellphone and into the world more.

I think it's possible.
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 19:43   Link #223
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Note that I am not suggesting any of this is good - just that I know plenty of people who probably would have been happier with AI children, and children who might have been better off if their parents hadn't treated them like they were AIs.
Good point. I was looking at it from the perspective that A.I. children won't be able to reproduce; there'd be quite a few problems with regards to that. Or maybe people in the future will somehow find a way?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 19:43   Link #224
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
I've been thinking.... What if they used the device from Mothers Rosario? The one that allowed Yuuki[?] to be in school while logged into the Gear...

What if they refined that a little and made it more human like? They transfer Yui to it or find a way for her to connect to it. Then Yui could get out of the cellphone and into the world more.

I think it's possible.
i am pretty sure yui can go to a lot places these days. Remember the hospital in GGO.
Old 2012-07-11, 19:45   Link #225
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

I think it's possible.
They actually did that in the Volume 8 sidestory Caliber; after finishing the quest, they held an afterparty at Dicey Cafe, using the same hookup. That's why Kirito was able to get that rig for Yuuki; it was already completed and field-tested a week prior (Caliber takes place approximately 1 week before Mother's Rosario).

Kirito also feels that the best solution for Yui would be to have a robot AI body, and so he asks if anyone is actually building a cute robot girl for him to transfer his AI daughter into, as that's completely beyond his skills. He immediately lampshades this delusion.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-07-11 at 20:03.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 20:15   Link #226
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am pretty sure yui can go to a lot places these days. Remember the hospital in GGO.
But she went in the cell phone... I was thinking more along the lines of a robot on the shoulder thing.
Old 2012-07-11, 20:17   Link #227
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Kirito's working on that. Currently the cellphone doesn't have enough battery and processing power for prolonged use. Kirito's aim is to shrink the laptop combo into a shoulder camera and backpack unit - at least, until someone builds a robot girl body.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 20:24   Link #228
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Kirito's working on that. Currently the cellphone doesn't have enough battery and processing power for prolonged use. Kirito's aim is to shrink the laptop combo into a shoulder camera and backpack unit - at least, until someone builds a robot girl body.
I think in the near future they could have one... If anything, before Asuna and Kirito start having children for real.
Old 2012-07-11, 23:08   Link #229
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I remember that. He was thinking about how somebody out there is probably working on those lol. XD

It would revolutionize society though considering Yui is the first true AI until Alicization.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 04:10   Link #230
novalysis

Quote:
I think in the near future they could have one... If anything, before Asuna and Kirito start having children for real.
Which would lead to some fascinating situations. You know what? Asuna and Kirito may well be regarded as one of the first to ever play a major hand in creating a True A.I . Even if the Alicization A.Is seem more advanced, as Kirito observed.

Anyway, Yui the first Nanny A.I ever? What is it like to be raised partly by an A.I?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 05:11   Link #231
sky black swordman

^ Wouldn't Yui be considered a Onee chan.
Old 2012-07-12, 05:19   Link #232
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Wouldn't Yui be considered a Onee chan.
Yes. Onee-chan, and Nanny at the same time. Actually, my Onee Chan is an A.I sounds like a very fun premise, for a SAO fanfic

One wonders whether the author will explore that angle, ultimately.
Old 2012-07-12, 06:11   Link #233
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis
Yes. Onee-chan, and Nanny at the same time. Actually, my Onee Chan is an A.I sounds like a very fun premise, for a SAO fanfic
Lol, that would be hilarious Something like....First Day in School:

*Teacher asks pupils about their family*
KiriAsus' child: "Well, my parents are very lovely persons with great hearts.....ahh, and i have a sister, who is an AI and a walking lie detector...."
*WTF-faces all over the class* XD
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 06:14   Link #234
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post

KiriAsus' child: "Well, my parents are very lovely persons with great hearts.....ahh, and i have a sister, who is an AI and a walking lie detector...."
More like complete envy, since only substantial companies- or fantastically wealthy families tend to own an A.I

Their child might as well be boasting that his or her family is rich, or influential enough to have a personal Family A.I- never mind that technically, it was developed by his or her parents.

But yes. It's a hilarious scenario.
Old 2012-07-12, 07:00   Link #235
sky black swordman

Quote:

HAHAHA LOL This is great! I applaud you @Esebian.
Old 2012-07-12, 11:56   Link #236
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Well technically Asuna is part of a wealthy family lol.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 13:42   Link #237
Deltaray

Wondering how much fanservice they add to Sugu, as novel illustrations have good bit of it, guess we will see in bit over 3months.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 14:48   Link #238
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman
HAHAHA LOL This is great! I applaud you @Esebian.
Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure
Well technically Asuna is part of a wealthy family lol.
Indeed she is, but i adore her for not showing it to anyone and not acting high-and-mighty at others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray
Wondering how much fanservice they add to Sugu, as novel illustrations have good bit of it, guess we will see in bit over 3months.
Lol if they want, they could probably made full episodes of fanservice xD Im also wondering if they will do the plant-scene from Black Swordman with Silica as this is just pure fanservice and nothing more
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 14:50   Link #239
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Thank you very much

Indeed she is, but i adore her for not showing it to anyone and not acting high-and-mighty at others

Lol if they want, they could probably made full episodes of fanservice xD Im also wondering if they will do the plant-scene from Black Swordman with Silica as this is just pure fanservice and nothing more
if they are going with Aria for ep2, they will do the tentacle plants.
Old 2012-07-12, 15:06   Link #240
Zirion

ep 3 is going to be Rondo of the Transient Sword?
Zirion is offline   Reply With Quote