AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-31, 12:17   Link #221
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

KEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!

SHOW THESE GIRLS WHO'S BOSS!!!!

*thumbs up*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 12:23   Link #222
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Nothing much to see of course, but I still got way more excited than I should - especially when there are other people around.

OP is amazingly cute/awesome and megane chizuru makes me want her scolding me. S1 op was still better, but it's one of my favorite ops all time, so no surprise there
sudolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 14:53   Link #223
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
OP is pretty good. I'm more impressed by the animation, though--it's not amazing but this time around they look less... cheap. I assume budget isn't a big deal in a show with such little action/movement so I hope it stays consistent. This is a tangent, but my least favourite part of cheap VN adaptations is when animation kills good chara designs *coughChaos;Headcough*
Old 2012-09-02, 07:02   Link #224
brocko

I dunno what you guys saw, but Deen's version could hardly be considered cheap when compared to the S2 stuff shown so far. Seriously, all that preview was were just face close-ups after face close-ups. If that's any reflection of what we're getting in S2, I can't say I'm stoked.

For comparison's sake this is what the original Deen previews for SnI were like:
Spoiler for spoilered for space:
Much less cookie cutter close-ups of talking heads and definitely much less static camera angles. Camerawork and scene compositions had a lot more thought and effort put into them in Deens case. Generic face close-ups are just a lazy cop-out to avoid animating things that are not talking heads.

I know Deen gets a lot of flak for making subpar looking shows, but it's evident they actually cared about SnI and what went out the door. The end results of which are not bad by any means imo.

They still better take the piss outta everything in S2 at the very least

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:11   Link #225
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Yes. Yeeeeees. MOAR Seitokai. As for the quality, I never noticed in S1 and S2 looks good anyway.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:29   Link #226
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well if you want my opinion. S2 look better than S1..except for mafuyu where she look off

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:05   Link #227
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It'll all be fixed in the BD/DVD's anyway

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 11:24   Link #228
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It'll all be fixed in the BD/DVD's anyway
I sure hope it won't come to that. The first season could manage relatively consistent drawings/animations throughout and I don't see why this can't either. The industry's reliance on it is getting excessive. It seems to me to be part of the reason why companies like Shaft can always get away with incomplete shows all the time.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 19:38   Link #229
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Oh no, not this stream garbage on NicoNico again!
If this ends up like Ebiten and we'll have another good series ruined by NicoNico, I'll be seriously pissed!
Old 2012-09-02, 21:21   Link #230
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Oh no, not this stream garbage on NicoNico again!
If this ends up like Ebiten and we'll have another good series ruined by NicoNico, I'll be seriously pissed!
CR will probably be picking up it since they had S1, which means it should be fine.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 21:22   Link #231
Midonin
Last Engage

And even if they didn't, again, streaming isn't an inherently bad idea in itself, especially in this digital age.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 00:01   Link #232
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
Oh, yeah, S1 is definitely better comparing preview to preview since S2's is pretty dull. I meant it more as a general comment, though you seem to be right anyway; S1 looks worse in my head than on screen. Memory must've been tainted by screencaps of whatever the last major DEEN TV series was.
Old 2012-09-03, 01:46   Link #233
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by _eternal View Post
Oh, yeah, S1 is definitely better comparing preview to preview since S2's is pretty dull. I meant it more as a general comment, though you seem to be right anyway; S1 looks worse in my head than on screen. Memory must've been tainted by screencaps of whatever the last major DEEN TV series was.
DEEN's last show was Sankarea, which I thought looked very nice as well (a thought I believe was echoed by many people at the time it aired).

That aside, I still don't really see the 'improvement' over the new studio's design over DEEN's, and think people just hate the old design because they hate DEEN. Maybe once the show starts airing I can make a definitive decision about it.
Old 2012-09-12, 13:57   Link #234
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the best album

Quote:
Song List
1.Treasure(歌:碧陽学園生徒会)
2.妄想☆ふぇてぃっしゅ!(歌:碧陽学園生徒会)
3.うさまろハンター(歌:桜野くりむ)
4.絶対会長宣言(歌:桜野くりむ)
5.地下室~黄昏アンバランス~(歌:紅葉知弦)
6.No merit to me(歌:紅葉知弦)
7.熱血太郎(歌:椎名深夏)
8.生徒会戦隊ガクエンジャー(歌:椎名深夏)
9.Hi,Gene!?ヤア!Oh!Yeah!(歌:椎名真冬)
10.スペックだけ使い切ったゲームソフトのようですぅ(歌:椎名真冬)
11.ハーレム崩壊ラプソディ(歌:杉崎 鍵)
12.ラムチョップのソテーと子牛のスペアリブW/Z 中目黒善樹(歌:杉崎 鍵と中目黒善樹)
13.妹は帰ってこない(歌:桜野くりむ)
14.弟は白骨化していた(歌:桜野くりむ)

Bonus Track
15.上上下下左右左右BA~がんばれくりむver.~(歌:碧陽学園生徒会)
16.妄想☆ふぇてぃっしゅ!~さすが!!知弦ver.~(歌:碧陽学園生徒会)
17.ぜったいかいちょーせんげん?(歌:桜野くりむ)
29 September

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 13:35   Link #235
EroKing

Old 2012-09-14, 18:58   Link #236
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm looking forward to this, but somewhat worried: new director and new writer. Yoshida Reiko is a big name, but she may not be the comic writer Hanada Jukki is. And Satou Takuya directed Ichigo Mashimaro, my all-time favorite comedy, whereas new director Imaizumi Kenichi did Hitman Reborn, which I couldn't watch more than a few episodes of.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 00:05   Link #237
brocko

It's pretty much a whole new production team this around so I'm sure many of us are sharing that exact same feeling of weary caution too. And it's a little bit of a shame, since the crew that worked on the 1st season really did hit the nail on the head =/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:30   Link #238
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
It's pretty much a whole new production team this around so I'm sure many of us are sharing that exact same feeling of weary caution too. And it's a little bit of a shame, since the crew that worked on the 1st season really did hit the nail on the head =/
What's disturbing me far more than the completely new production team is that the "On Air" page still only lists that NicoNico garbage...
I really don't want another series ruined by stamp-sized streaming with horrible quality!
Old 2012-09-16, 21:35   Link #239
Midonin
Last Engage

Nico streaming is probably more than passable, we just don't have access to it because we don't live in Japan. Again, the idea of debuting a series online is not bad in itself. And if Crunchyroll picks it up, it'll be in what you consider normal quality anyway.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 00:47   Link #240
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Guess I'll rewatch the first season to remember what happened
might actually do that too.
though i can never forget my favourite episode, with the lil sis from one of the other characters, that was an awesome and fricken funny episode

Tags
harem, parody, romantic comedy, shounen