AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-25, 22:26   Link #341
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

You need the romance for Mio's route too IMO. So the suggestion that the story is indeed looping is welcome.
Here's something to discuss. Why did they save Mio's introduction for so late? Was it to work around b the loss of the original seiyuu or something more noteworthy?
Old 2012-11-25, 22:33   Link #342
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It's occured to me that technically, it's the routes that have the most romantic content within it, and that can't be tempered down greatly as Platonic Friendship (Kud, Haruka and possibly Kurugaya) that either need to be heavily rewritten, or more likely reset.

In the Komari Route, it seems to me that it is possible to merge the Komari Route into the Common Route. But how many routes can be plausibly interpreted in a " platonic friendship" manner, in the same manner as the Komari Route, without destroying the essence of the route?
Possibly Kurugaya? Man Anego's route without romance just won't work properly for me, more so than any other (at least on par with Kud's). Mio's route is also one where her romance with Riki was very important.

I'm really just dreading the time when Anego's route comes around...I know they will not use romance and will instead use some contrived LB friendship BS that will piss me off and make me throw my PC out the window...and I love my PC D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
You need the romance for Mio's route too IMO. So the suggestion that the story is indeed looping is welcome.
Here's something to discuss. Why did they save Mio's introduction for so late? Was it to work around b the loss of the original seiyuu or something more noteworthy?
Because they were stupid and it doesn't make sense...hell the whole "Mixing common route with girl routes" thing didn't make sense...
Old 2012-11-26, 00:42   Link #343
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
Hey guys, just throwing this out there. It's never proven that the story of episode 7 and onwards is actually continuuing on from Komari's arc. It could be another loop entirely, I think it's been left intentionally ambiguous.
There's a hint though. The very first scene of episode 7 begins with Riki snapping his eyes awake, just like he did at the very first episode. Am I looking into it too much, or is this a big clue?
Astute observation. You're not alone either.

Images
courtesy of /a/nonymous
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The fact that the first scene of episode 7 doesn't come with any context or follow-up is even more suspicious. I'm not completely counting on the chance of loops occurring, but if that is the plan of the staff, this little trick is quite clever.
Old 2012-11-26, 00:45   Link #344
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Last episode proves to me at least that riki x anego is the best pairing ( and the one with most chemistry )

Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-26, 01:55   Link #345
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Astute observation. You're not alone either.

Images
courtesy of /a/nonymous
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The fact that the first scene of episode 7 doesn't come with any context or follow-up is even more suspicious. I'm not completely counting on the chance of loops occurring, but if that is the plan of the staff, this little trick is quite clever.
That's the only loop hint, but something is amiss: why did they include that long flashbacks with all loop, even including Rin2?

That's my problem: they are actually trying to put some foreshadowing for the loop system, but weirdly enough they introduce the current storyline as an "aftermath" of everything, which doesn't make any sense in term of character and story progression.

It is actually good to see that they planned at least 1 thing, but that's not really enough if you ask me, and it brings to the question why Kyousuke pulls several times the same routes on Riki and Rin (hell, even the game outright denies you the possibility of reading again the route you have finished until you are done with refrain).
Old 2012-11-26, 02:29   Link #346
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's the only loop hint, but something is amiss: why did they include that long flashbacks with all loop, even including Rin2?

That's my problem: they are actually trying to put some foreshadowing for the loop system, but weirdly enough they introduce the current storyline as an "aftermath" of everything, which doesn't make any sense in term of character and story progression.

It is actually good to see that they planned at least 1 thing, but that's not really enough if you ask me, and it brings to the question why Kyousuke pulls several times the same routes on Riki and Rin (hell, even the game outright denies you the possibility of reading again the route you have finished until you are done with refrain).
I'm just as stumped on that scene as you are.

Maybe it's best to not think of that scene as a series of flashbacks of previous loops, but a cheap foreshadowing of what will happen, similar to how some anime start with flash forwards and show how they got there. That's the only way I can rationalize it at this point.
Old 2012-11-26, 05:04   Link #347
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

That's still my question right now. Another thing for me is how Rin is strong now. In Komari's Arc, Rin put her effort to help Komari in episode 6, while in later episode she is still shy to others. If we think that Komari is Rin best friend so she was desperate to help her, but she should have more courage when facing others now.

BTW my personal opinion about romance to each route (excluding Komari,Rin)
- Haruka: Important, since this route plays with lying and loving someone, especially my favorite scenario when Riki said to Haruka that only thing that she can win against her twin is to make him fall in love with her while Kanata can't.
- Kud: Kud wants to meet Riki again because of their strong love so that's how she came back to him. But wonder whether anime will change this scene into her strong desire to meet her friends, Little Busters, or not?
- Kurugaya: This should be no problem if playing with romance since finally Riki will forget what will be happened in the dream. So wish that anime won't change the plot. But wish anime will adapt "Love-Love Hunters" operation too.
- Mio: Needed, even though this route plays with the existence and reality, I still believe that the best part in this route is how Riki is struggle to love Mio not Midori. I'm looking forward to see one of my most favorite scenes in entire game when Riki kisses Mio on the beach and when Mio fall asleep at his shoulder under the tree.
Old 2012-11-26, 11:13   Link #348
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
That's still my question right now. Another thing for me is how Rin is strong now. In Komari's Arc, Rin put her effort to help Komari in episode 6, while in later episode she is still shy to others. If we think that Komari is Rin best friend so she was desperate to help her, but she should have more courage when facing others now.

- Haruka: Important, since this route plays with lying and loving someone, especially my favorite scenario when Riki said to Haruka that only thing that she can win against her twin is to make him fall in love with her while Kanata can't.
- Kud: Kud wants to meet Riki again because of their strong love so that's how she came back to him. But wonder whether anime will change this scene into her strong desire to meet her friends, Little Busters, or not?
- Kurugaya: This should be no problem if playing with romance since finally Riki will forget what will be happened in the dream. So wish that anime won't change the plot. But wish anime will adapt "Love-Love Hunters" operation too.
- Mio: Needed, even though this route plays with the existence and reality, I still believe that the best part in this route is how Riki is struggle to love Mio not Midori. I'm looking forward to see one of my most favorite scenes in entire game when Riki kisses Mio on the beach and when Mio fall asleep at his shoulder under the tree.
Didn't those annoying random girls start bullying Riki after he was more romantically interested in Kurugaya, as well? I'm sure in the VN you have the bad and neutral end choice selection during those in-game days (iirc, whether to tell Yui about it or not). So that would be another "important" factor to let the romance blossom.
I wasn't too impressed with Mio and Haruka romance-wise, so gimme more Kud Wafu time
Old 2012-11-26, 11:24   Link #349
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Didn't those annoying random girls start bullying Riki after he was more romantically interested in Kurugaya, as well? I'm sure in the VN you have the bad and neutral end choice selection during those in-game days (iirc, whether to tell Yui about it or not). So that would be another "important" factor to let the romance blossom.
I wasn't too impressed with Mio and Haruka romance-wise, so gimme more Kud Wafu time
Yea at some point you get to pick whether to tell Kurugaya or not.
If you tell her she basically resolves it herself and you move along to another girl's route (this is basically the final choice you get to make if you can access more than one of the girl's routes).
If you don't then...well VN players should know what happened because this is basically when her route truly begins.

And no, they didn't pick on Riki because he was romantically closer to Anego, it was because she hung out with the LB! and Riki seemed to be the weakest link of the group (as opposed to Kud and Komari because...fuck logic). But at this time Riki was already clearly interested in Anego.

The major importance of the romance comes later, when Riki and Anego start dating and the world starts to loop (as well as when Riki falls asleep and gets taken to her room).
Old 2012-11-26, 12:54   Link #350
Red_Zeal_Knight

Don't forget Kurugaya nursing Riki after their "first data"
Well the rest of the routes that needs to be show really require romance to solve their individal problems
If the anime goes with friendship solution it simply won't work
Most likely Kurugaya goes last then show the repeating world then go to rin afterwards
Old 2012-11-26, 13:20   Link #351
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Anego for true anime route +1.

Besides refurain ofc.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-26, 14:39   Link #352
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
Not including romance in Haruka's route will be kinda awkward since she and Riki spend so much alone time in her bedroom. Unless that location is changed, it's hard to see how that would work. I mean, even in her own episode that just passed there was a sign that she was building feelings towards Riki. Although, that can also be interpreted as to "wow, I have a friend that trusts me that much." Now it's extremely easy to involve the other Little Busters members into this route, but the whole point is for Riki to solve things by himself...

Kud's story can easily become a friendship one, it's already portrayed that she has a strong desire to make friends. Of course a few things needs to be adjusted/removed, like Riki playing with her hair (gosh I envy him ), but it can work. In the end, she can just wish with all her might, "I want to see all my friends again!" Or something like that.

Kurugaya is going to be a tough one... It's more of a love story rather than solving a problem, or decoding a mystery. I'll let the Anego fans deal with this one, I rather think about Kud and Haruka.

Mio's route can probably become a mystery story. But, I hardly remember how it plays out, so I can't really speculate much...
Old 2012-11-26, 15:17   Link #353
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Watch them add Rin to EVERYTHING so Riki isn't alone with the girls enough for feelings to grow.
Old 2012-11-26, 18:56   Link #354
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Watch them add Rin to EVERYTHING so Riki isn't alone with the girls enough for feelings to grow.
Gratz JC... u just ruined 99.9% of the story. /exaggeration
Old 2012-12-01, 12:45   Link #355
OPN

https://twitter.com/soramona2000/sta...76921878306817 Pretty much confirmation were getting sasamis route in the anime. And another tweet by shimada confirms every heroine route wiII be 3 episodes except for one heroine route which wiII be 4
Old 2012-12-01, 13:21   Link #356
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't think their answer is really a confirmation but...

... Why... Why the bloody hell would they want to animate Sasami's routes among all things? Surely they think they will have enough episodes for that?
Really, Sasami's route was quite a joke and hardly interesting, especially if you consider her initial crush on Kengo, and how it is painstaking to take her flags.

And so far, having only 3 episodes for each heroine is a bit on the low end, especially when you have slow arcs like Yuiko's and ESPECIALLY Haruka (the horror...). I'm starting to think they don't exactly know what they want to show, considering how randomly shuffled the series looks so far.
Old 2012-12-01, 13:32   Link #357
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Plus...Sasami's route is set AFTER Refrain...having the anime end with Refrain (like the original VN) would surely be the best bet wouldn't it?

And you know what? I'm officially taking a break from this anime...I want to ask if there's a kind soul that could warn me when Anego's route begins because it's pretty much the only thing that interests me in the anime (more like...I want to see how much they butcher it...call me a masochist I guess). Last episode was fine...but this one just gave me a headache due to a series of things, some of which Klashikari already pointed out.

Good day, gentleman.
Old 2012-12-01, 16:18   Link #358
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
https://twitter.com/soramona2000/sta...76921878306817 Pretty much confirmation were getting sasamis route in the anime. And another tweet by shimada confirms every heroine route wiII be 3 episodes except for one heroine route which wiII be 4
I'm guessing that Rin's route will be 4 episodes. That means that they will either include Rin1 or do Rin2 with (hopefully) good pacing.

Hah...
I'll make a little chart for this then. (assuming that Rin2 will be in this season)

Common route: 3 + 4 = 7
Character routes: 3*5 + 4 = 19
that totals up to 26 episodes... nicely?

This is pretty sad especially considering the whole LB group didn't do anything fun together (Newspaper fight, trying to make Kyousuke laugh, Kick the Can, Test of Courage, etc)

I'm really hoping for Rin2 to be done in the next season (along with Refrain) for some reason..
Old 2012-12-01, 22:07   Link #359
OPN

Actually test of courage IS being done...it'll happen at around episode 11. And since their doing sasamis route too there really is no time to do rin 2 or refrain for that matter...so chances are they will be in season 2.
Old 2012-12-02, 03:03   Link #360
novalysis

I have a theory that a Narcolepsy attack means that we will be entering the route of a new girl within an episode or two. Riki's Narcolepsy happened in episode 2, and Komari's route begun in episdoe 4, so we might see another character introduction episode (Mio), before another route begins.

I wonder who would it be, if that's the case?

I also suspect that they actually chopped up the common route to several bits, and put them in-between each route. Perhaps it's a subtle sign of a reset? Note that we have absolutely no clue of the date.
Closed Thread