AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-16, 16:42   Link #1021
Tenzen12

I loved that sofa scene. Just watching these two ahoges independently waving around made me laugh.

I am glad for more oregairu, though I hoped if there were OVA they would do my favourite ramen date that will be leaven out of anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I just hope that the spin-off episode won't be your usual run-of-the-mill beach/pool/onsen episode. Knowing the author, I can expect more plot .
I wouldn't mind as long as it give it some unusual, hilarious and cynic spin to it.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 18:45   Link #1022
pampz21
ShipCore

Looks like flags have been raise in this episode......2 of them at-least from what I saw

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 18:48   Link #1023
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I wouldn't mind as long as it give it some unusual, hilarious and cynic spin to it.
Actually, that's what I meant by "...won't be your usual run-of-the-mill beach/pool/onsen episode".
Old 2013-05-17, 06:28   Link #1024
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

As usual I really enjoyed the latest episode. Now I can say confidently that this anime is the one I enjoy the most out of all of them this season.

The camp scene is really I don't know felt quite familiar to my experience. It's very plausible situation in real life. I'm beginning to like Ebina and her tendency to be enthusiastic in BL. She is the only one that said the real solution to Rumi being bullied while the other guys in popular group couldn't do much. I'm annoyed with Miura and her hypocrite attitude still. She's pretty much the only archetype to be found everywhere outside and reminds me of unpleasant experience to run in with these type of guys.

Well this anime does masterful job of constructing great character interaction. I'm really glad it will definitely have more OVA. Having only 12 episodes would be so wasteful for a gem like this. Because the dialogue is so great, I underappreciated every little details they have been doing so far. The directing has also been great and subtle, watching only once isn't enough for me.
Old 2013-05-17, 06:46   Link #1025
Gundamx

it look like vita game will have original story
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/16...riginal-story/

(too bad it will be only in vita...)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 07:14   Link #1026
Shadow5YA

I love all the subtle multi-layered tension. We have Yui speaking from personal experience on her past troubles trying to fit in, Rumi having trouble fitting in, and Yukino and Hayato's past as childhood friends.

Mari Okada should learn from Watari Wataru on how to do drama
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 08:13   Link #1027
finalfury
Incognito

Damm, Hachiman and Yukino have the potential to be the best of friends or the worst of enemies. The social interactions feels rather realistic than typical anime scenarios. Too bad the elementary school kid is used to illustrate the past issues of Yui and Yukino, which is why I was never a big fan of the "popular" social circles. :/
Old 2013-05-17, 08:19   Link #1028
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ohohoho, seems like Hayama is Yukinon's childhood friend. No wonder he was so defensive towards her, even against Yumiko. Even more interesting is that Hayama is so intent to helping Rumi. Maybe Rumi reminds him or a younger Yukinon; perhaps Yukinon suffered through similar circumstances back when they were younger, but since Yukinon quipped at him at being unable to help, maybe he was powerless back then and seeks to redeem himself this time?

But what's this? Yukinon knows of Hikki's childhood nickname? Coincidence she thought of the same as those kids, or did she knew him back then? I wouldn't put it past the show that this might be a hint for the latter. So while I'm not that much entrenched in YukiXHikki anymore, I can't say I'm totally out of that ship yet.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 08:45   Link #1029
Sides

^_^ that scene with hachiman and totsuka, lying next to each other, after that girl's talk about her BL hobby.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 09:03   Link #1030
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Mari Okada should learn from Watari Wataru on how to do drama
Nah, she's...special. I don't think I'm going to like her if she changes her style

There's a tiny difference at the ending from the summary. The summary mentioned that Yukinon is glad that Hachiman could come to the trip while the translation of the anime says that she's glad that she can come to the trip. Looking at the japanese word though, I'm inclined to anime translation but I can see why the summary said that way. As for the lack of ending monologue..well, I think it still gives of good vibe of atmosphere between Yukinon and Hachiman.

Oh also, I can't seem to choose anyone now >.> I mean, Yukinon is kinda cute in this episode and previous one...Yui is always cute, and then sensei is just funny lol.

aaarghh

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 09:48   Link #1031
Elestia

This show firmly stays grounded in reality without disappearing up its own butt. It handles very real situations that I'm sure everyone can relate to at one time or another. Even so, the way the entire narrative makes every episode worth enjoying and even taking a little bit of the lesson from it.
Old 2013-05-17, 11:03   Link #1032
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The situation with the isolated little girl is very interesting and mirrors the past (and present, for some of them) of the three main characters. They will each gain something from helping that girl. I'm curious to find out how they'll do it. It's a pretty tricky to solve that kind of problems.

The comedy was also pleasant. Loved 8man's reaction when he found out Saika was also going with them. Yui and Komachi exchange a "yahalo" greeting -> that's retarded, stop it; Saika does it -> what's this? it's so cute!
This is the first time I've seen a main character fall so hard for another boy. And I find it very amusing. Saika x 8man OTP.
Old 2013-05-17, 12:50   Link #1033
ChampDream
Alive

this episode was really interesting, the fact the some of them can related to that girls problem make this more interesting to see how are they going to solve that problem, since they still loners.
also, Hachiman have really fallen for Saika, it be no suprise if he ask for marriage
Old 2013-05-17, 13:06   Link #1034
LeoXiao
思想工作

Anyone else felt that Yuikno was being bit too much of a bitch this episode?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 13:13   Link #1035
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
No it looks much bigger than what I thought.

....what? we're not talking about boobs?

Speaking of which, is it normal for popular people to wear choker? I mean the one that Hikki gave to Yui... oh and I'm not talking about dog's choker, but normal choker that people wears It's just that I never really saw girls wearing that when I played around with my friends.
Chokers go in and out of fashion. They were fashionable when I was a teen in the late 70s, they came into fashion a few times in the 80s and 90s. Like every thing else ... wait a few years and something is back in style.
Old 2013-05-17, 13:29   Link #1036
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
this episode was really interesting, the fact the some of them can related to that girls problem make this more interesting to see how are they going to solve that problem, since they still loners.
also, Hachiman have really fallen for Saika, it be no suprise if he ask for marriage
The only one he would consider asking for marriage is Shizuka.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 13:42   Link #1037
erdii

Hayato causes a lot of trouble to loners
Old 2013-05-17, 13:45   Link #1038
Windows X

My thoughts for ep. 7

-Seeing someone's little sister acting like that is so adorable though it gives me creeps seeing my real little sister actually did that.

-Hiratsuka-sensei.....What a mean and realistically lesson you're teaching your students. Only loners wouldn't think of everyone as their friends during school-life. Well I'm loner though but it's still sad seeing that. And don't hold cigarette infront of elementary school kids!

-Froggy, what a weird way to fantasize about lolicon with curry. You could have pulled out a new fetish if you have spiking front hair skill. And don't hit on elementary school kid you bastard!

-What Rumi-chan said was exactly my thoughts back in days. It's always one person bringing up the idea and everyone else will just go along with it. Those who miss the train will get left behind. And we called this communication back in those days? No wonder why she saw them as retarded.

-Miura-san. I admit I didn't get good impressions of you from early episodes but I know that you aren't bad as a person. I have small belief that you actually want to be on good terms with Yukino because crying over argument could only happen with someone you want to be on good terms with. Source is me.

-It irritates me when so called normal people labeling people like Rumi-chan as harsh or high and mighty while the truth is nothing like that at all. I'm starting to understand why Hiratsuka-sensei going out her way to help Yukino.

-Hachi.....man. I guess you'd fall for Totsuka the rest of your life if you keep seeing this.

-Yukinon, only Froggy could hold off your sharp tongue. And you Froggy should have told her to apologize and make up.....well they wouldn't have become loners if they could think of such thing in the first place.

Even outside anime, it's pretty rare to see realistic show like this.

Last edited by Windows X; 2013-05-17 at 14:45.
Windows X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 13:46   Link #1039
Sumeragi
Banned

Hmmmm.... Shizuka is getting more and more delicious.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 14:32   Link #1040
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Episode sort of bored me. I really can't stand Yukinon and the way she treats people.

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen