AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-08, 10:08   Link #21
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
Who of the females in the game is the lead?
If the first anime series is canon
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 10:08   Link #22
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Heh, we all knew an anime adaptation was going to happen --- the real question was when, and now we have that wonderful answer.

I can't wait for this one, hope the musical score will be done by Nanase Hikaru, the artist behind the first two series.
According to that post from eggplant there's no confirmed broadcast date for it. So we still don't know the "wonderful answer" to when it'll happen.

Unless of course you have other info you'd like to share.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 11:14   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkon View Post
According to that post from eggplant there's no confirmed broadcast date for it. So we still don't know the "wonderful answer" to when it'll happen.
As I said in the game thread, my guess would be Fall 2007; it'd be incredibly appropriate for the source material (the story starts in the weeks leading up to Winter break, and ends in the Spring), and the timing of the announcement would be just about right (D.C.S.S. was also announced 5-6 months prior to airing). We'll see, though... Winter (January) 2008 could also work.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 11:49   Link #24
DanielSong39

Terrific news.

After a lull in the eroge/dating sim front, looks like we'll get a flood of them in the near future... D.C. II, School Days, and CLANNAD.

Tough choosing between them - what the heck, maybe I should just watch all three?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 13:33   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkon View Post

Unless of course you have other info you'd like to share.
Naah, the wonderful answer was directed at an anime adaptation happening. :3
Old 2007-05-08, 16:48   Link #26
DSJFX18
Destiny

I hope Shirakawa wins this time... Go Nanaka!
DSJFX18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 19:19   Link #27
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
And the above poster is one of the many Nanaka fanboys that will swarn the thread in any way possible...not that it is a bad thing.

As for myself, a D.C. II anime would have to AT LEAST satisfy the people who hated the way D.C.S.S. goes, since the ending is canonical in terms of D.C. II (and any other way we could not have D.C. II without a logical explaination).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 21:18   Link #28
Ansa

Oh flying SHIT no, for the love of god not again! The First season was alright but the second season was just EVIL they build you up to a Kotori x (whoever the male lead is) at the first episode and it just goes more and more downhill, the ending is a freaking insult compared to how the series started out, why couldn't Nemu have justed died or never came back or something >.<

Honestly I doubt I can even bring myself to watch this, season 2 just killed 90% interest I had in love/comedy animes >.<
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 23:29   Link #29
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
As for myself, a D.C. II anime would have to AT LEAST satisfy the people who hated the way D.C.S.S. goes, since the ending is canonical in terms of D.C. II (and any other way we could not have D.C. II without a logical explaination).
I'm a bit confused by this... what do you mean? D.C. II takes place some 50 years later after the ending of D.C.S.S., so what needs to be done to "satisfy" the disgruntled fans now? It's all ancient history.

In general (not directed at anyone in particular), since this is going to come up endlessly for the next year, my comment would be that people should just let it rest already. D.C.S.S. did what it did for a storytelling reason (the fact that Junichi couldn't end up with Kotori or Aisia was the whole point all along), but it's all over now. D.C. II is a totally different story, with a different theme, different characters (for the most part), and a very different plot progression. It won't and can't be like D.C.S.S. Nanaka is not much like Kotori, nor are Otome or Yume copies of Nemu. I just think it's sort of pointless to dredge up that bitterness now, since it has pretty much nothing to do with D.C. II (or other romantic dramas for that matter).
Old 2007-05-09, 02:27   Link #30
Kyuusaisha

Let's just pray that Nanaka "wins" this time and that a decent studio is animating it
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 04:39   Link #31
sakuravs

What are they thinking when planning to make another DC?!?!? Now don't tell me that this time they're making a story about Nemu's offsprings after that painful, terrible & ridiculous wedding at the end of DCSS...
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 05:06   Link #32
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As I said in the game thread, my guess would be Fall 2007; it'd be incredibly appropriate for the source material (the story starts in the weeks leading up to Winter break, and ends in the Spring), and the timing of the announcement would be just about right (D.C.S.S. was also announced 5-6 months prior to airing). We'll see, though... Winter (January) 2008 could also work.
Ah right. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Naah, the wonderful answer was directed at an anime adaptation happening. :3
Wow. Re-reading my post earlier it sounds really quite arsey. I didn't mean to offend (and it doesn't seem like you did get offended). I guess I should just step back before I put my foot in my mouth again.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 05:51   Link #33
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

wow so does that mean the DCII anime is now confirmed?
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 10:17   Link #34
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuravs View Post
What are they thinking when planning to make another DC?!?!? Now don't tell me that this time they're making a story about Nemu's offsprings after that painful, terrible & ridiculous wedding at the end of DCSS...
Grandchildren, actually. >>;

Either way, Sakurai Yoshiyuki is gonna have a bit of trouble keeping up with the 6-8 girls around him.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 13:05   Link #35
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I think some people in here don't know the premise of DC2, cause it sounds like they're thinking it's a direct sequel to DCSS or something.

Someone should post a detailed premise.
Old 2007-05-09, 22:43   Link #36
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I think some people in here don't know the premise of DC2, cause it sounds like they're thinking it's a direct sequel to DCSS or something.

Someone should post a detailed premise.
Of course, I would have to recommend the D.C. II game thread, which contains a ton of information and links, all conveniently collected into the first post for quick access (so you don't even need to read the whole thread to get to the main points!).
Old 2007-05-10, 02:02   Link #37
DanielSong39

I'm willing to give this a try, regardless of the path chosen - if Otome is indeed the main love interest, it would be interesting to see her make the transition from onee-san to lover - it's not something we see very often. These battles usually seem to go to the younger sister types.

I'm especially interested in seeing how the sakura tree has evolved over the years - keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-05-10 at 02:21.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 15:36   Link #38
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Of course, I would have to recommend the D.C. II game thread, which contains a ton of information and links, all conveniently collected into the first post for quick access (so you don't even need to read the whole thread to get to the main points!).
Before i look at the link - how spoilerish is it in there? I wouldn't want to ruin any potential surprises for me regarding the story (if there are any). I have next to zero knowledge about the story, so all i would want to know is: what is it about.

One thing i can't understand is - why people keep crying over the DCSS? It was perfectly fine the way it was. And you probably won't find a bigger Nemu hater than me around What was it that made it so bad? That he didn't end up with Kotori? As much as i like Kotori, she never had a chance in the first place, even in 1st season. Only other girl who had a realistic shot at his heart was Sakura.
Old 2007-05-10, 15:40   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
haha thinking about gramps yuuichi ~ XD
pretty good news for this to be animated ~ and looking at some info it seems that history may be repeating itself :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 16:23   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Before i look at the link - how spoilerish is it in there? I wouldn't want to ruin any potential surprises for me regarding the story (if there are any). I have next to zero knowledge about the story, so all i would want to know is: what is it about.
Very very little spoilers; no more than you'd find on the box or official website before the game was released. Anything at all spoilerish is in a seperate link and marked (including the link to Wikipedia, which I consider spoilerish ).

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen