Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-06, 09:46   Link #41
miles316

Smile Two guys a girl and a Mobile suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
gundam 0083 was pretty good but it had problems like nina and plot problems examples are it was never explained how nina knew kelly and gato, cima's betrayal was also unexplained as was the conspirisy(sp?) in the federation. but it had it bright side like the battles,the creation of the titans and anvael gato a man true to his belifs.
Nana was probably a citizen of the republic of Zion and a former scientist with the Zionic corporation the state owned robotics company that invented the mobile suit. When the One year war ended with Zion's surrender the Zionic company was absorbed by Anaheim electronics all their staff and technology and factories. Nena new them during the One Year War.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 13:26   Link #42
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Ah...I haven't watch it yet, But from the Gundam Encounters in Space Game Kou Uraki's Route, it seems pretty good...Not to mention Physalis and Dendrobrium are 2 of my top 10 favorite Gundams...
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 13:28   Link #43
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I like 0083, but why does it deserve the remake?
They did say it was a ''surprise'' project.
Old 2009-01-06, 13:43   Link #44
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I like 0083, but why does it deserve the remake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
They did say it was a ''surprise'' project.
Please note that the picture doesn't say anything about 0083 being remade as the Gundam 30th anniversary show. The graphic in the corner celebrates Sunrise's thirtieth anniversary, it has an initial release date of 1991, and the picture itself can be found next to a whole bunch of other Sunrise shows. I highly doubt that this is going to be the big special; that will be publicized so much that there won't be the slightest doubt. (And it's almost certain to not be announced until Gundam 00 finishes airing)
Old 2009-01-06, 13:44   Link #45
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I can only think of a couple improvements to be made really...

1.) Visually, perhaps more up-to-date animation, if not some CGI.

2.) More backstory involvement explaining some questionable things never really answered.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 13:55   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Please note that the picture doesn't say anything about 0083 being remade as the Gundam 30th anniversary show. The graphic in the corner celebrates Sunrise's thirtieth anniversary, it has an initial release date of 1991, and the picture itself can be found next to a whole bunch of other Sunrise shows. I highly doubt that this is going to be the big special; that will be publicized so much that there won't be the slightest doubt. (And it's almost certain to not be announced until Gundam 00 finishes airing)
I was going to say this though you beat me to it. I'll just add to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see more poster like shots like that one which features another show from the franchise. It's just a way to celebrate the 30th anniversary --- not telling us that 0083 will have something to do with the announcement.
Old 2009-01-06, 14:06   Link #47
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Honest mistake, won’t happen again
Though, wouldn’t a promotional image of the first Gundam be more fit?
Old 2009-01-06, 14:33   Link #48
youdishou

I like 0083,but I don't think it's the best.
It told us that how created Titans is ,
and the GP series is too beautiful.I love them.(I'm not Nina...)
youdishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 19:59   Link #49
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Honest mistake, won’t happen again
Though, wouldn’t a promotional image of the first Gundam be more fit?
They're just listing random Sunrise shows, good or bad, popular or not, so 0083 just happened to get picked...
Old 2009-01-07, 04:31   Link #50
Aznavour0079
Maroon Comet

0083 was/is still an excellent show. The plot that "never" bothered to exist, the events that "didnt" transpire and the gundam development project that was "never started"

>>magnificient show. The hero, Uraki, never once wore a titan's uniform, got betrayed by his girlfriend ( though he still ended up with her after the show), and was too physically tired to finish his duel with Gato.

>>>I never did heard of him or Nina again, perhaps they were closely watched by the federation like Amuro was in Zeta since Uraki never bothered to show his non~newtype face *slash* abilities in CCA

As for Gato, who tried to lead his forces back to axis but were sorrowfully wiped out, he's reputation or his accomplishments, is never heard of again.

>>>as for if 0083 will be remade, then it will be good news for me, hope they patch up several plotholes from back then
Aznavour0079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 21:47   Link #51
General Revil

I love Stardust Memory. one fo the best featuring everything from Huge ship battles to Mobile Suit battles and a colony drop!
General Revil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 06:17   Link #52
Killer Tomato

Well, one thing about 0083 though, is that the tech used seems to surpass the ones in Zeta Gundam, which seems kinda odd.

But otherwise, it was agreat mini-series. One of the rarer ones where the protagonist ain't the best pilot, and actually has to struggle.
Killer Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 10:44   Link #53
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Tomato View Post
Well, one thing about 0083 though, is that the tech used seems to surpass the ones in Zeta Gundam, which seems kinda odd.
All data was deleted on the Gundam units created by Anaheim after the Stardust incident, or am I wrong? If this is true, it might happen that in some ways the Gundams in this show were more sophisticated than the ones in Zeta.

I liked this show because of the great battle scenes and the atmosphere, but the plot was not of my liking to be honest. The characters, apart from Kou, were two-dimensional (though I really liked Anavel Gato, and I didn't like thje protagonist), which was something I didn't like. The OPs were all great, though, it still happens that I watch them on youtube.
Old 2009-02-12, 17:12   Link #54
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

1.) That's no surprise really.

Don't forget that these were all prototypes designed by the Federation that are meant to pretty much surpass anything Zeon had, including Gelgoogs and beyond, though I highly doubt they calculated something as insane as the Neue Ziel showing up which; a MA that makes even the Big Zam look like crap aside from its main mega particle cannon. (Beam spamming power + high speed and maneuverabilty.)

Prototypes are (usually) made with the best they can possibly get for their buck, tested, then downgraded into possible mass production forms while hopefully maintaining a decently high level of performace at a lower cost. So the Gundam Development Project Gundams were made for just such a purpose; with 1 general-purpose, and 2 more specific purposes (tactical nuclear warfare and area dominance).

2.) As said, all the data corresponding to the Gundam Development Project was deleted soon after Operation Stardust ended, so aside from things planned for mass production anyways (the panoramic monitor and whatnot), they got rid of anything else that made them so advanced in the first place.

3.) Another reason is also probably because of 0083 coming several years AFTER Zeta was already done and OVAs tend to make suits look stronger/weaker than other series'.

I mean, look at 0080 for instance. Normally, a Zaku of any kind, unless piloted by a main character of sorts (in general or for that certain arc) is usually just cannon fodder (though better cannon fodder than Wing, SEED, and SEED Destiny units anyway, lol), but 0080 had it matching a much more ADVANCED Gundam than the normal one. Granted, Christina is merely a normal test pilot and not a Newtype pilot like Amuro (who could fully utilize its potential), but still, the specification differences in the 2 MS should be quite obvious. (Not to mention Bernie himself is usually said to be the weakest pilot of the Cyclops team too.)

So similar to there, it was probably to help spice up battles to make them more intense and fun to watch.
Old 2009-02-12, 19:19   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

While all the data was deleted not all the technology was lost. The I-Field appeared later on as well. The other that I think may have factored in was the funding and freedom that Anaheim had as the Titans rose to power.

And I think 0083 is great how it is. The only thing is the attempt at romance, I didn't feel it was quite there and Kou was too much of a pansy about the whole thing.
Old 2009-02-12, 19:47   Link #56
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

The I-Field is actually common technology. Not only is it in every MS/MA reactor, but it also appeared before with the Big Zam (the first MA to utilize it as an anti-beam defense) during the One Year War. It was not exclusive at all to the Dendrobium Orchis. That was only the first time the Federation actually utilized it in the same way, and even then, it was flawed by being external and vulnerable while the Big Zam, Neue Ziel, and other MS/MA to use it after were all internal.
Old 2009-05-08, 03:44   Link #57
Karnot
Banned

This one. Absolute visual orgasm in every aspect.
The character development wasnt too bad, but its certainly lacking, very much so. Not to mention being painfully cliche. There are some people who can pull of cliches quite well, director of this is not one of those select few.

Also, gotta love dropping tons of crap from space on USia, dont see that alot, respect.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 04:26   Link #58
elindir
Overreacher

For me, one of the series most memorable "parts" is Anavel Gato. I liked his character (although he's not a complex character), and his mobile suits, too. (his Gundam unit was cool, and I loved the Neue Ziel mobile armor, as well).
Old 2009-05-08, 04:41   Link #59
Karnot
Banned

How come Nina wasnt executed ?
Or at the very LEAST kicked in the face by Kou ?
Damn, i was waiting for that so much...
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 08:39   Link #60
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
How come Nina wasnt executed ?
Or at the very LEAST kicked in the face by Kou ?
Damn, i was waiting for that so much...
That's a good question, but I assume that Kou was still in love with her, and that he kept his mouth shut about the stunts she pulled off.