AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-05-02, 11:08   Link #1481
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
How long are they? (Also, what's a "MAD"?)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 11:20   Link #1482
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I don't know the exact definition but a MAD is fan-made video...nothing official.

And the UMG's have different lengths but you could say they are all about 5 minutes or so

First: 4:56
Second:4:08
Third: 4:32
Forth: 5:30

Btw: The UMG's all come with extra tracks and Wallpapers.
Old 2009-05-02, 12:32   Link #1483
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Correct me if I'm wrong but are they fan-made? They look pretty damn impressive, if they are made by enthusiastic fans with too much free time in their hands.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 12:37   Link #1484
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes they are. Well, Shinra Etsuko can be considered as a pro, but those who create the video are fan. And I really doubt they have any connection with Ryukishi or 07th Expansion.
Old 2009-05-02, 12:46   Link #1485
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Hmm, I'll look into it. I know there was some code added to deal with different possible encoding schemes on Mac and Linux, not sure why they didn't go ahead and do the full SJIS-Unicode mapping for Windows as well...

EDIT: Okey-dokey, give this build a try for non-JP locale.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Well, it still says that my locale is wrong etc, but if i right click and go to system menu and title back, i get the main menu and i see text and everything right from there onwards.

I tried playing it a bit and everything seemed to work as usual. Even all the kanjis and stuff show correctly (atleast in the grimoire), so i think you just need to remove that locale check and it'll work just fine. Good work.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 14:21   Link #1486
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Hmm, but if you still get the "locale wrong" message, it's because the script couldn't find one of the sound files with characters in the name. That likely means the file (and others) didn't get copied over correctly during installation.

You will need to change your locale to Japanese and redo the installation, but after that you can change the locale back to normal and the new onscripter-en executable should still find the Japanese-named files. And now you'll get to hear all the music you should!

Of course, let me know if there's still a problem ^^

Old 2009-05-02, 14:47   Link #1487
chronotrig

If you've already finished Episode 1, you can easily check whether the music files are playing by doing the EP1 Hidden Tea Party.

Spoiler for EP1:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 17:13   Link #1488
chronotrig

Alright, we've just heard back from BT about the spellings for the character names.

It looks like 'Ange' is the correct spelling. Also, BT was kind enough to send a list of the other characters up to EP3 (including Virgilia and Ronove) along with their spellings. All of the spellings used in our patch are correct.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 18:04   Link #1489
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
What about Akiba?

http://umineko.tv/web/main/news/index.html
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 19:08   Link #1490
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Found some bugs in the onscripter I linked to before, so try this one instead: http://www.sendspace.com/file/na9iqs

Old 2009-05-02, 22:06   Link #1491
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Hmm, but if you still get the "locale wrong" message, it's because the script couldn't find one of the sound files with characters in the name. That likely means the file (and others) didn't get copied over correctly during installation.

You will need to change your locale to Japanese and redo the installation, but after that you can change the locale back to normal and the new onscripter-en executable should still find the Japanese-named files. And now you'll get to hear all the music you should!

Of course, let me know if there's still a problem ^^

Quote:
Found some bugs in the onscripter I linked to before, so try this one instead: http://www.sendspace.com/file/na9iqs

That's weird, i really can't hear the music unless i use applocale.
I'm running vista business, so can't change my locale, and applocale doesn't work right with the installer because the launcher starts the installer, and applocale doesn't seem to realize that i want that to be run in jap-mode as well, so this is a bit of a problem.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Old 2009-05-03, 05:59   Link #1492
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
How long are they? (Also, what's a "MAD"?)
They are equivalent to the AMV
But while the AMV (Anime Music Video) mainly use anime scenes + some music playing on the background, a MAD does not restrict to anime, they can use images/animation from manga, games, anime, live-action stuff, random images, etc...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAD_Movie
Old 2009-05-03, 20:17   Link #1493
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
So there's actual developtment for cross-platforming then, nice to know!

Thanks for the hard works WitchHunt!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 21:52   Link #1494
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
That's weird, i really can't hear the music unless i use applocale.
I'm running vista business, so can't change my locale, and applocale doesn't work right with the installer because the launcher starts the installer, and applocale doesn't seem to realize that i want that to be run in jap-mode as well, so this is a bit of a problem.
That's unfortunate. You likely need to copy the BGM, ME, SE, and sys_se directories from the Umineko installation DVD to the installed location, in order to make sure you have all the sound effects. (It's not just filenames with kanji - at least one filename uses fullwidth roman letters, annoyingly enough.)

Old 2009-05-04, 10:55   Link #1495
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
That's unfortunate. You likely need to copy the BGM, ME, SE, and sys_se directories from the Umineko installation DVD to the installed location, in order to make sure you have all the sound effects. (It's not just filenames with kanji - at least one filename uses fullwidth roman letters, annoyingly enough.)

That's how i generally installed it, by copying the folders, generally it shouldn't matter because if i use applocale to run the game, i can hear music that has a fully kanji filename. For example the one that plays when maria reads the letter in ep 1.
Just for clarification: I can't hear it with the new executable except when using applocale.

While i'm by no means knowledgeable about onscripter, can't you just use something like the setlocale function to set the locale to japanese? The program seems to be written in C++, so the function call setlocale(LC_ALL, "Japanese"); should suffice.
Old 2009-05-04, 16:12   Link #1496
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
That's how i generally installed it, by copying the folders, generally it shouldn't matter because if i use applocale to run the game, i can hear music that has a fully kanji filename. For example the one that plays when maria reads the letter in ep 1.
Just for clarification: I can't hear it with the new executable except when using applocale.

While i'm by no means knowledgeable about onscripter, can't you just use something like the setlocale function to set the locale to japanese? The program seems to be written in C++, so the function call setlocale(LC_ALL, "Japanese"); should suffice.
I'm trying to get onscripter to play nice with Unicode.

The very latest onscripter executable should play the kanji-named sounds, Applocale or no - at least it does on my XP system (US_en locale), and I tried it via Applocale for other languages as well. Could you be having a Vista problem? Are you able to run in XP compatibility mode?

Just want to track down the issue.

Thanks,
Old 2009-05-04, 22:22   Link #1497
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
I'm trying to get onscripter to play nice with Unicode.

The very latest onscripter executable should play the kanji-named sounds, Applocale or no - at least it does on my XP system (US_en locale), and I tried it via Applocale for other languages as well. Could you be having a Vista problem? Are you able to run in XP compatibility mode?

Just want to track down the issue.

Thanks,
I tried XP compatability and running as administrator, neither helped. My locale should be Finnish. And yes, i think it might be a vista problem, though i haven't the slightest what might be causing it to not understand unicode...
Old 2009-05-05, 14:03   Link #1498
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I know it's impolite to ask...especially in the english translation thread
But a Chinese friend of mine wanted to play Umineko, but since her english sucks use the Chinese patch. But me and her a unable to find it so does anyone know where to get the Chinese one?
Old 2009-05-12, 16:44   Link #1499
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
-sighs- I don't know anymore what to do, I tried to instal Umineko EP4 over repeated times, but it always stops to instal by the umineko.exe and freezes . I'm annoyed . because I played all the other games, and now I want to play ep 4 with the eng. patch but I can't even instal EP 4 ,_,
Old 2009-05-12, 16:50   Link #1500
Kitsu
The unlucky one

My friend has a similar problem, but she uses my disc that's why it's rather strange since it works totally fine with me. But could it be that Umineko doesn't work with Vista?

Tags
translation